Womens Running

Time for BEER FRIDAYS!!!! (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Today is National Drink Beer day!!!!! It falls on a Friday, how coincidental is that?! Wink

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

13.2 for me. Last 6 were at MP.

HALLELUJAH for an AWESOME run in wonderful temperatures!!! Temp was 59 with DP at 58 - a little humid...but it felt so GOOD. I could have ran for days. Hehe. I was on the high end of my MP at the beginning of the interval, but towards the end I was flying! I think it was because I was daydreaming about RACE DAY. I am stoked!

I hope today isn't another boring day. I have to run out around lunch time and get some keys made for a few people but other than that and a 9:00 call, I dont have anything on my schedule! A nap in my office later? Maybe? Slow days are the worst. HCF has to work real late tonight so just me and my Ruger! Probably just have eggs for dinner.

I was looking on my memories today on Facebook. 4 years ago today I ran my first 10 miler race (well, my first race over 10K) - and my pace was 8:45. 8:45!!!!! WTF HAPPENED TO THAT?!?! I was just starting out then! How depressing is that!? Ugh.

Sandy – The good thing about the late calls is I get OT. Mammel has really been on my case about OT lately. I told him I would be happy to forward my after hours calls to him. Of course he doesn’t want that Wink They don’t want to put me on salary because then I get a bonus. That’s my assumption anyway. I am interested to see how the PT helps you! Let us know. Have a great time this weekend!!! Are you staying all weekend?

Karen – Looks like its certain – I am never running Boston! LOL.

Tessa – My parents have the same problem with squirrels. They hate them! Wow, you have been busy over there. Good luck getting all of that sorted out. Cookies will definitely help! Are you doing anything fun this weekend??

Diane – Nice miles yesterday!

Run4kupcakes – I like your idea on the shorter races.

Cathy - Thought of you this morning when I put on my Milwaukee Marathon zip up. I still like it even though the damn race was short. Hey, I am just happy to be wearing a jacket! Smile

HAPPY FRIYYYAAAYYYYYY!!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, I believe there is a county in VA called Goochland. Is it pronounced like it looks? I know there was a historical figure with that name...colonial, I think.

Damaris, my very best wishes for the whole tooth thing to get better very quickly.

Seloc, I love the cat picture! 

Fox squirrels are a golden brown/gold color and they are really BIG squirrels, sort of like squirrels on steroids. I have also seen one with an all light beige tail.

We have a few black squirrels around here, but many intermixed with the greys. As a result we have every shade of grey imaginable. The original black ones were a shiny blue-black. We had one with a white tip on its tail.

Thursday was a fun 50 minute run out the trail. Cooler weather really brought out the deer. As soon as I started running, 4 deer ran across the trail in front of me…a doe and her 3 young ones.

Today will be yoga and meditation classes.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Lizzie, I believe there is a county in VA called Goochland. Is it pronounced like it looks? I know there was a historical figure with that name...colonial, I think.

Damaris, my very best wishes for the whole tooth thing to get better very quickly.

Seloc, I love the cat picture! 

Fox squirrels are a golden brown/gold color and they are really BIG squirrels, sort of like squirrels on steroids. I have also seen one with an all light beige tail.

We have a few black squirrels around here, but many intermixed with the greys. As a result we have every shade of grey imaginable. The original black ones were a shiny blue-black. We had one with a white tip on it's tail.

Thursday was a fun 50 minute run out the trail. Cooler weather really brought out the deer. As soon as I started running, 4 deer ran across the trail in front of me…a doe and her 3 young ones.

Today will be yoga and meditation classes.

Happy runs, All! 

YES!!! It is pronounced how it looks. Goochland is actually where we want to move!! It is on the outskirts of Richmond. Lots of country out there and only a short drive to civilization Smile

I have never seen a black squirrel! Nice run yesterday. Awe, baby deer! Have fun in the classes today.

TGIF! Walked the pups w DH this morning.

Retirement seminar was no big deal. It was really just to get you thinking and let you know about what the credit union offers.

Lisa--too bad about the stolen Jeep. Bummer. Agree, the important thing is that DD is safe.

We saw black squirrels in NYC. One climbed up my friend's leg!!!

I was a bum. Wore shorts and birks to work.

Anonymous Guest

Heading out for a few miles as soon as the dogs go back to sleep. We've been up since just before 5. Last night they played hard - zooms in the house hard - and then crashed. Huckles slept four solid hours before having to get up and pee. That means Karen got four solid uninterrupted hours of sleep! It was awesome.

Mileage dependent on when I get out. Vet appointment at 11, so I need to be done by 10 to get showered and over there with puppy. Right now we're playing pull the running shoe shoestring, but he looks pretty tired so I think he'll go down soon.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 6 miles tonight and it's my off Friday.  I like beer but not as much as the asshole about to be accepted into the SC (he mentioned it 100 times during his interview yesterday), so I'll drink vodka.

Liz, nice run.

Judy, thank you.  Enjoy the yoga class.

Susan, when I first join the DOJ, I wanted to go to our retirement planning seminar and the person that allow us to apply (a moron, mind you), told me that I couldn't go because I was new.  You know, because apparently, only people about to be retired could go to a seminar that explains how to create the best 401K 30 years prior to retirement. 

Karen, good luck with the miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Thank goodness I have no intention of ever trying to qualify for Boston   I'm impressed by anyone who does.  Karen you're still a badass for last year's Boston.

Damaris, Susan, I'd be happy for any sort of retirement planning help.  We've done it on our own and there's a ton I've had to learn.  We are doing pretty good but mostly because DH was so committed to a certain $ figure before he is 50.  3 more years and we are almost there. I always figured I'd work until I died...mainly cause I like my work and it keeps me learning new things.

It's Native American Day, a day off here but I've had to work on finishing my Risk Assessment and work with a couple IT people on some reports.  It appears I'm working towards being a data analyst along with internal audit.  My brain hurts right now.  I need to learn SQL ( a database query language) to write scripts in my data analysis software and Python to do more intense scripting. While I understand the basics programming has never been my forte.  I like data analysis for market and business intelligence. like what Elina does.

I got up today and my back was hurting so I broke down and took a couple of Tylenol.  I try and limit painkillers but boy howdy did it hurt.  I find when I'm walking it doesn't hurt mostly it's when I bend over or squat down.  Next massage is the 13th unless I can get in earlier.  I need to keep up the yoga stretching cause that helps.

Off for more coffee, hi everyone.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Rest day today, will do strength tonight.  I have been doing my flexibility for about 20 minutes every night for about the last month and I think it has really helped, very little soreness in my legs.  We are supposed to get our first hard freeze tonight, temps down to 30!  While walking the dogs, I noticed that a lot of homes in our neighborhood were getting their siding done.  I learned it was due to hail damage from a storm we had back in May.  Well, it appears that our home also has hail damage, enough to get our house resided and covered by insurance!  We just have to pay the deductible.  We will also have the roof checked to make sure there is no damage there.

Lizzie, congrats on the super speedy long run!  8:45 pace four years ago?  Well, you are normally faster when you are younger.    But you are still young!  AND 8:45 pace would not be a stretch for you now for that distance.  I bet you could run that or faster.  You've just been focusing so much on distance, but you will find that you will be more speedy as you drop your long run distance and mileage a bit.  Milwaukee Marathon... it would be tough for me to sign up for the full without seeing how they do in their first year!  If the timing were right, I wouldn't mind doing the half.  We have the Brewers game tomorrow night, an Oktoberfest party with some friends tomorrow, and we are thinking of taking the kids to a Harvest Fair on Sunday!  You do fun things like pumpkin bowling and making a scarecrow.  They also have bands there.  And beer.  Cuz it's Milwaukee.  

Judy, we have some really big squirrels here.  Black and albino squirrels also.  I see the sandhill cranes are starting to leave, I will be sad to see my two crane friends leave!

Karen, congrats on 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep!    I have 2 RB's that qualified for Boston this year.  Luckily they both made the cutoff!  One of my other RB's has been chasing the BQ time for years, she was going to be pretty close this year.  I have a goal to BQ in my list, but it seems a lot more unrealistic now, at least for the foreseeable future.  I can aim for qualifying when I am 60.     Thanks for the recipe, it sounded kinda healthy until the part about the Velveeta.  

Damaris, enjoy your Friday off and the 6!

Tessa, sounds like some tough work issues!  I hope all goes well.

Sandy, well, it might have been good bonding time but DD was hungry.    Yeah, if they gave us an idea of how long we would have to wait, I could have taken DD down to get some food at the cafeteria!  As it was, I had to go through the McDonald's (ugh) drive-through to get her something to eat in the car before taking her back to school.  My sister has a Molitor shirt.    I don't have a lot of hope for the Brewers in the off-season, but we can dream.     Bundle up for your nephew's game!!

Lisa, DD's jeep was stolen?!?  That really sucks!  That is great about Rome though.

Diane, I know SQL.    That is great that you enjoy your job!  Ouch, sorry about your back!  Hope it improves!

Cathy

Seloc

Quick fly by for me.  Weekend starts in less than 15min.

TRX/Bells class.  How can I feel so weak when only missing one Friday??  I'm falling apart.  Blaming it on age.  5 months to fifty.  Sigh.  Will not run tomorrow but planning to attempt a long-ish run on Sunday depending on how the booty feels.  Off to Fargo soon.  Frost warnings here, too!  It's gonna be collllllllllllllllld at the game.  I have winter gear packed!

Great running to you all!  Have a fantastic weekend!

Anonymous Guest

6 miles, around 8:30 pace. I guess I had some frustration and anger to get out. Then to the vet with Huckles for his next shots. Quote from the vet that has a lab of her own "he's huge, he's gonna be a moose." Yikes. Weighed in at 13 pounds. 9 weeks old today.

Liz, you could run that pace for a 10 miler now. It probably doesn't feel like it because you've been running so many miles, but with a taper, I think you could do faster than that. Mmmm, eggs for dinner - I may end up making spaghetti and meatballs. Not my absolute favorite, but it sounds good to me right now.

Judy, I'm realizing now that I rarely see squirrels, and when I do, I think they're just common grey squirrels. You have quite the variety.

Susan, so do you guys feel like you're on track somewhat for retirement? That was our biggest concern - even though we both contributed to 401Ks in every job since college, we didn't know how xx dollars in a 401K would work out for retirement income or even how much income we thought we'd need in retirement.

Damaris, that's stupid. I've had jobs where they had our 401K planner people come in every year to talk about how we should invest our money based on where we were in life. And then you could schedule one-on-one time after if you had specific questions or wanted more advice. That makes more sense. Enjoy the run later.

Diane, sounds like there's some good growth potential in your job. That's awesome. I hope the back gets better soon.

Cathy, down to 30?? Wow. I'm down here excited we've had one night that got below 70. That's cool that you can get your siding replace through insurance. Definitely get the roof checked - we ended up with a new roof on our Maryland house due to storm damage. Enjoy the rest day.

Sandy, enjoy the weekend in Fargoooooo! That's cold. I would need several layers.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

14 miles of walking in.  Some good, some meh, some annoying.  I will have to admit to finding a few bus stop seats to rest for a few minutes.  My gatorade got terribly warm, so at mile 11, I stopped at the mini mart and got a HUGE coke, filled the cup with as much ice as I could, drank most of the coke, and poured the remainder out and poured all the ice into my bladder.  Felt nice.

Call yesterday was the woman just asking what day I wanted to start.  I will have to work wonky hours until Jan because of all my commitments elsewhere, but they seem to be good with it.  Told her Nov 4th.

Will attempt to catch up later or tomorrow.

Happy Friday!

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Woohoo Kat on the miles and the job!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Just waiting on 4:00 over here!

Susan – When I first read your post, I thought you said you walked the pups AND DH  Smile Hey, if you can get away with wearing that to work I am jealous!!

Karen – YAY for sleep!!! Good luck on the run and the vet appointment!

Docket – Woot woot for Friday off!! Good luck on the run! Are you excited for next weekend?

Diane – Hope your back starts feeling better! So, with these new responsibilities, are they paying you more?!

Cathy – Enjoy your rest day! Good for you for keeping up with the flexibility. I have a hard time doing stuff like that when I get home. First freeze?! Send it this way! I need for these spiders..TO GO. All this rain has brought them into our garage. They aren’t welcome – I make HCF check the garage every night before he goes to bed Smile Wow! Score on the residing! Are you going to change the color or anything? I don’t feel young LOL. 8:45 pace?! I don’t think so. I guess we will see when I go on my “break”  Smile I have been looking into some 10K’s and Half Marathon’s in December. I told HCF you were going to the game, he was jealous  Smile Your weekend sounds very “Fall”. Lots of Fall activities! I love it!  Smile Have fun!!

You know how old I feel? Yesterday I googled if I was too old to wear an "A line or ballgown" wedding dress.

Sandy – Have a great time this weekend!!!! Hope you have a PAIN FREE run on Sunday.

Karen – Wow, nice run today. SPEEDY. Aw, Huckles is still so tiny and cute right now! Faster? Really? Eeeek. Maybe. I would have to see it to believe it. Spaghetti and meatballs?!?! YUM. Next week at this time we will be enjoying some WONDERFUL Fall weather!! I am debating bringing my boots! LOL. I get excited for Fall wear.

Kathryn – WOW. Nice miles today, girl! GREAT news on the job! I hope its better than what you expect it to be.

Have a good afternoon everyone!

Damaris---YES!!! That is what they told me when I first came here. I told my boss that 3 years before retirement was too late to start planning. You would have thought I punched him in the face, he looked so shocked. Next time the retirement seminar gig came around, he told everyone to go, so they could start planning as early as possible. He always took credit for everyone's ideas....

Lots of unknowns....I feel good about my retirement pension, TSP, and USAR retirement. I figure the house will be paid off in a couple of years, so I will just have expenses. I have no idea about medical expenses and LTC.  DH ---half of his retirement and TSP (up to the time of divorce) go to his ex. I think we will be fine, but we do need to check into it.

Karen--you have a baby moose!!! LOL He sure is cute.

We are taking baby Ann Marie to the church pancake supper tonight while DD is at a football game (HS cheer coach). Wish me luck, I've never taken her out before.