Womens Running

Touring Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

Camille-sounds wonderful!!!

Tessa-that must have been a fast cut off that you were picked up by the Weary Wagon??

ASusan-congrats on the half!! And on dh getting into it more.

Karen-hope the ankle feels better and that any doc you go to doesn't follow your line of care advice that you give for computer problems.

Marjorie-you're so thorough that I bet you could do IT quite well!

Carol-nice job on the hills.

Judy-good to have exercising friends.

Off to meet 2 run buddies to run around the neighborhoods by the gym. Some day, but not today, I won't need long pants and 2 shirts or gloves. Sigh. Spring has not quite sprung.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday was a good run on the track. I tried speeding up a little bit. We shall see how that goes. The cough is finally gone. It has taken 6 weeks.

Today will be a track run after getting teeth cleaned and work.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Camille - Looks like some warmer weather this week for us!

Judy - Enjoy the teeth cleaning...seems we have all spent some time at the dentist recently.

Camille - Sounds fun!!!  Where is the cruise going?

AnnieS - Congrats on your HM and AG win!  Woohoo!

Tessa - Wow, that must have been quite an interesting race.  I am doing the Fifth Third River Bank run in Grand Rapids.  It is a road race, not on the trail....unfortunately.

Ran in the am, had lunch with DF, went to a Bodyblast class last evening..........it is really fun, 30 minutes constant movement (squats/lunges all using weights, planks/push-ups) then 15 minutes of yoga-stretching.  The sweat just pours...it is supposed to be a high calorie burner.

Have a good day!

Carol

Anonymous Guest

My ankle did not hurt when I got out of bed this morning! If it continues to not hurt all day, I'll try to run a few easy miles after work. Otherwise, back to the bike or maybe a rest day.

I started looking at houses in Texas online yesterday. Holy cost of living difference! I also found some cost of living calculators (you put in your current city and state and the city and state you're moving to) and if true, I don't know why I'm bothering to make myself indispensable here to try to get them to let me work from home when we move. The cost of living difference on DH's salary is approximately.....my salary here.

AnnieSusan, I forgot to congratulate you yesterday on your HM! And funny on your DH looking at results and figuring out how to get faster.

Camille, your cruise sounds awesome so far.

Lisa, it sure is good to see you posting about running again like it's just a normal thing. Spring has finally arrived here, so it's gotta get there soon!

Judy, finally! the cough is gone. Glad to hear it.

Carol, sounds like a fun day yesterday. Well, except for maybe the sweating buckets class...

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Sorry I was MIA but we drove to Orlando and were super busy all weekend.  Ended up with a 54ish mile instead of 60 due to the lack of time, but overall, a good week.  I had Pilates for an hour yesterday and 5 miles.  Today, I am planning on 6 miles and weights.

Tessa, sorry the wagon picked you up.  Like Lisa said, that must have been a fast cutoff.

Lisa, hope your run was nice.

Judy, I am sure the run will be much more enjoyable than the dentist.

Carol, sounds like a busy day!

Karen, great news on the ankle.

Hope everybody is doing well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Tessa....must have been fast cutoff!  Even I haven't been actually picked up by the wagon, followed yes, picked up, no.

3 1/2 miles this morning, felt okay.  It was a beautiful morning though, chilly, but no wind.  At lleast the sun is shining today.  Senior night for my GD's baseball team late this afternoon.  I am getting off a tad early so that I can attend.  Still can't believe she is a senior.

Lisa...do you reallly think that eventually we won't need, long pants, long sleeves or gloves?  Sigh.........

Annies...congrats on your AG win! Exciting!

Carol...Bodyblast, sounds......well, Like a Blast!  Last time I tried circuit training I hurt my back, so now I am afraid to go back, it was pretty strenuous, but I enjoyed it.

Karen...funny you should mention cost of living in Texas.  I watch "house hunters" on HGTV and I just mentioned to Ken that we should move to Texas...warm weather and nice homes at really reasonable prices!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ran 5.4 earlier.  Really good run.  Should count as a tempo run since I had many Tempo paced miles in there.  Hmm Think I will!

Gatsby looks like you weren't closing down the forum last night

Have a great cruise Camille

Annie Susan that is so wonderful on your AG placement

Tessa I just am very careful to read a lot before I do anything.  In HS I took a bunch of computer programing courses.  Not that anyone uses Cobolt or Fortran any more.

Karen no bat for me and the computer.  My only computer frustration is when our IT people can't fix something on my work computer.  Since we have so many blocks and permissions that I can't get to a lot of stuff I can't fix any of it on my own.  Not a bad thing since some people out there would really muck up their systems if things weren't blocked.  But, come on.  I can't even accept to install the latest adobe version on my own.  That is just dumb

Lisa today is my twins wedding anniversary.  I will always remember I was freezing for a lot of the wedding it was windy and we had on capped sleeves.  Even with the silly gloves I was cold and couldn't wait to have all the outdoor pics done.  At least the ceremony was inside.

Carol impressed you are doing so well with all the cross training.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Re the race Sunday morning, this was very different from the norm. Everyone got picked up by the catcher car. Here's how it worked:

Runners all line up at the start line.

Gun goes off and entrants begin running/walking/staggering. (See comment yesterday about closing down the bar.)

At gun time + 30 minutes, catcher car starts driving. It has a chip sensor in it. As it passes each runner the sensor records the runner's chip information and the distance the runner had traveled.

Catcher car proceeds down the course at 15 kph.

30 minutes after the catcher car starts, it increases speed to 16 kph.

60 minutes after the catcher car starts, it increases speed again.

The top speed for the catcher car is 20kph and it continues at that speed until all runners have been passed.

Last runner to be caught is the winner.

They had this event in 34 locations around the planet and they all started at the same time, 10 AM GMT/universal time. So we were 7 hours behind, we're 8 hours behind GMT but we're on daylight savings time so only 7 hours behind.

So I am not sad about being caught by the catcher car. Everyone did. I certainly wasn't likely to be the front runner -- the winner in our area got 35 miles before the catcher car passed him, on some hilly terrain!

http://www.wingsforlifeworldrun.com/

Camille, glad the trip is going so well!

Busy day, no time for personals. Back to the orthopedist this afternoon for follow up X rays. I am still wearing the brace. And let me tell you it looks just lovely with an above-the-knee skirt and tights.

4.5 miles with RN this morning, it may be my last run for a couple of days. Work, then doctor, then give a final, then home and pack and teach DS how to make meatloaf. Taking Sis to the airport tomorrow morning, too.

Happy runs!

Docket_Rocket

That sounds like an interesting race, Tessa.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

I ran 6.2 miles after work and it didn't hurt!!

Tessa, that sounds like a cool race. I hadn't heard about it until after it was over.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel