Womens Running

Is it Tuesday? - Supermoms (Read 31 times)

BermyHorse

RR:the 12m I didn't get round to yesterday. I decided to take a rd as it was snowing and DH was sure the weather was going to be nicer today. I have a few spare days so I thought it would be a bit of a treat. We were dashing round doing things anyway so it worked out nicely. Chomping at the bit for a run thought, my my.

NRR: went to home depot and showed DH the rugs i had picked out. He didn't like any. He wants super bright colours. HHHmmm, need to change strategy. I am easy but he has a plan I think! he spent last night building DS this: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11077790 and I think we got the same ball as Mer - a big bouncy call from target as well as re-usable easter baskets. I thought I was going to be the more focussed and serious parent but I saw Dh and DS in the bath last night and DH has taught DS all his vowels with those bath letters that stick to the walls when wet. I was so impressed.

NRR2: think all your comments about weight are valid. Thanks for being so rational and kind when I was being irrational and unkind (to myself).

NRR3: babygroup was a flop. And a lot of the events are centered around eating and not in clean places or places we eat at. I think I need to find an outdoorsy group. I really like CA/Arm's idea of just joining a running group and going from there. I considered making a big sign for stroller that says something like "running mom would love running mom company".

FR: we had the rappini leftovers last night which were yummier as leftovers. So today will be the butternut squash bake. I also got ingredients to make some Pumpkin Morning Glory Muffins from a recipe in this month's Oxygen magazine.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

BermyHorse

FR: Oh and I got more yeast - I got highly active rising and then a normal one. Not entirely sure what the difference will be but will conduct an experiment. Do you think my pizza dough was dense cos it was 100% whole wheat? I think it was called white whole wheat?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

mrszackmorris

rr: i ran! 3 easy miles with rp last night! srd today. Running again with rp tomorrow. ART today.

tr: i peeled about 30 cuties last night for dd1's Easter party. hope they make it to school without getting squished on the bus and that eventually the permanent orange smell will wash off my fingers.

br: turned 18 months old on saturday. it is a weird feeling knowing this is how old dd1 was when dd2 was born and nearly how old dd2 was when i got prgnant was c.

nrr: bought a new dress for dh's christmas party next month. He hated it. Guess i will wear a dress i already have. Trying to decide between the new ultra comfy flats i just bought or the less than tolerable heels.

fr: making a boneless turkey breast in the crockpot.

on the ipad since ra wouldn't load on my laptop so i will bbl for personals.

mrszackmorris

zorbs: yup, this week is all messed up for me too. dd1 is off of school thursday and friday, but yet dd2 has school on thursday and dh will be home on friday. yay for doing nothing yesterday; you deserve it!!

eh: you heard a bird singing and i heard a crane honking (or whatever they do). 2nd time in the last couple days it woke me up!

cx2: the first couple days back to work are the worst. i cried the first day back with dd1 even though she was staying home with dh that day.

jen: can you get another seat for j? dh and were talking about flying and how we would likely pay extra to have a seat for c so he wouldn't have to sit on our laps and would be confined. do you have layovers with your connecting flights or are you going to have to run to different terminals? yay for j sleeping soundly all night. my mom's u/s came back normal...but she is in a lot of pain yet.

shelby: that parade is awesome! will you get to watch it?

ernie: hope all is well with your sister!

rg: we have so many boynton books that my sister bought us over the years. c is into his star wars books and little blue truck.

mer: so lame about sil! oh and we will pay for her gastric bypass or whatever she chooses to do, right? Wink remember when i saw her in walmart telling the world she thought she was pregnant?!

bermy: so lame about that play group. i have never done a play group but just find people who are like me and share the same interests. my closest friends are not SAHMs though. so daytime playdates are more acquaintances. you're so friendly i'm sure you'll find some new friends in no time. what about people that dh works with...any potential there? i do have so good blog entry titles i keep writing down; i just have to take the time to actually do it! you'll be the first to know!

armmama

RR - waiting for my coffee to settle and then will go run.  Not totally in the mood, but hopefully I'll be fine with it once I start.  Tennis clinic cancelled this morning because of cold.  Where is spring anyway?

BR - ladies at MMO said he throws the ball abnormally well and they hope he remembers them when he's a famous baseball player.  ha.  He does like to throw things, including his sippy cup at the dinner table which then knocks over all our stuff!  Sigh...

FR - made cod croquettes from a Rachael Ray 30 minute meal cookbook and it took me an hour and a half.  I may be a little slow but there is NO WAY that was a 30 minute meal.   I was kind of annoyed and starving, but at least DH and my mom took care of baths and clean up so I could relax afterwards.  No idea on tonight.

NRR - actually getting excited about this bachelorette party next month.  Thinking I should start drinking every day now to build up a tolerance though.

Marathonjen

Bermy - Have a great 12 miler today.  Sorry DH didn't like any of the rugs you pick out.  What color scheme are you going for in your house?  Are you having fun decorating?  I am not a great decorator...I know what I like when I see it but I am not good with coming up with ideas for things.  That truck is so cool that you guys got DS!  I am sure he will love it.  Your muffins sounds heavenly!

mrszm - What did you do for DDs Easter party??  I have to bring something for J's on Friday.  They have a sign up sheet of stuff but I like to bring different stuff and you are always my source of inspirationSmile  Why didn't DH like the dress you bought...that stinks.  I hope you find something decent to wear.  Happy 18 months to C.  Glad your mom's u/s came back normal but that stinks that she is in pain and doesn't know why.  I am hoping they figure mine out.  I hate it.  I know we cannot afford another first class seat for J so I might ask DH to check and see if he can exchange the first class seat for 2 coach seats.  On one leg we have a 2 hour layover but the rest are pretty tight connections so basically running to the gate.  I really hope I can do this.

arm - Hope you have a great run despite it being cold and you being less than excited.  Once you get ou I am sure you will feel better.  Glad L has a gifted arm...hope he can put it to good use.  J just hits...lol.  LOL to your drinking everyday to build up your tolerance...I would do thatSmile

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!  Quickie from me Wink  I'll be back for personals later.

RR - 5k Tempo scheduled today, it'll be on the TM during naps.

TR - 3yr well visit today, her bday is in a week!  Eh - I don't know if my dr asks for 3 yr visits, but we always did checkups every year growing up.

BR - 6 mos visit... she has her first cold, but doesn't seem phased by it, just has a snotty nose.  STTN!  Fed her at 6:30 then pumped 2.5 oz off the other boob cause she was full and I was still full on that side.

FR - beef stroganoff.

NRR - DH has the cold also, just started to get sick over night and he's by far the sickest already... men!

Alrighty, I'll come back later on after our dr's appt.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Think I might do a 4-5 mile tempo run. Should be sans stroller.

TR: Being a butt about bedtime. Was up until 8 last night and then screetched in the middle of the night so I brought him to bed with me... probably not a good precedent to set.

FR: last night was tacos, tonight maybe teriyaki chicken and stirfry? Need to eat up the contents of the fridge because I'm going to have to pull everything out and scrub it.

NRR: cleaned half the basement last night- laundry room, bathroom, and one bedroom. Need to have DH look at it and see if he thinks its clean enough. Its just hard because this house was built in 1950 and the laundry room is unfinished.

NRR2- Talked to that company and they want to hire me, but they want to give me the opportunity to see the team I'd work with in action and see if its a job I actually want to do, which is pretty cool on their part IMO. The pay they offered was not quite what I hoped, so if I decide I want to take the job I will definitely be countering with at least $1 more per hour otherwise I will lose money via gas costs.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

armmama

zorbs - I am always confused as to what day it is!

eh - our birds are singing too but they  have to be freezing out there!

cx2 - glad the 1 year appt went well!  I hope work goes by quickly.  I'm sure it will take some time to adjust to it.

jen - where in FL are you going?  I have lucked out and sat by nice people on flights that usually keep my kids entertained for at least a little while.  I think shorter flights with stops are easier, you don't need him to sit still as long.  We flew up to WI when DD1 was almost 2 and I was 5 months pregnant and I was going to have to fly back with her by myself but she was such a pain on the flight we decided to buy a car and drive back home.  We were going to buy one anyway once we got back, we just did it a little earlier.  So I drove with her the 16 hours back and it went great.  ha  navigating through airport: backpack and stroller and suitcase on wheels.  And seriously I'm sure the flight attendants will help if you have to pee!

shelby - did you get your 15 done?  You are such a busy lady, I don't run half as much as you and I don't even have a job/school!  Yay for being under the 1 year mark!  I'm sure once you start tapering that weight will just fall off!  It's frustrating though.

ernie - I hope everything is OK with your sister!  That is scary.  Good luck on your 1000s today!

rg - I wish L would read books!  He is too busy to sit for them.  I was looking for a book about balls yesterday since he loves balls but I didn't see one.

mer - yikes, sounds like a bad situation with SIL.  Kind of rude to post that on FB too after they just found out about you?  I have had a couple of f-the world moments in the last couple weeks and I have no excuse.  My DH isn't here to see them, but my mom is.

bermy - when I joined the moms club group it was only to do book club, and that's all I did.  We're not a part of the moms club anymore so I just do book club with  my friends.  Enjoy your 12!  Not sure I would run in the snow either if I didn't have to, although I did play tennis in the snow a few weeks ago and that was a first!

mrszm - christmas party?  I am already looking for shoes for Vegas next month.  I am sure the girls will be wearing heels but I don't know if I can handle heels for hours so I'm thinking of wearing more comfortable ones.  I'm sure after a few drinks I won't care anyway.  I really enjoyed not being pregnant or having a new baby when DD3 turned 18 months, 2 years etc.  I felt like I could finally pay attention to all things toddler and it was really nice!

CA - our doctors want us to bring kids in every year around their b-days too.  Sometimes I forget.  My 1st DD didn't go to the doctor at all for the first 4 years we lived here!  oops.    Yay for STTN!

spike - that is nice the new company wants to make sure the job is a good fit for you!

Erniegirl

RR update -- My 1000m intervals were hard but went really well! Did three in 4:16, 4:01 and 4:02. A huge improvement. And I threw in a hill sprint on my way home for good measure. I'm not as hardcore as Bermy, though, as I was definitely NOT pushing a stroller Smile

zorbs - Yup, I'm doing Harry's. I did it once before, in 2011 and I love the atmosphere of that race but that hill right before the finish line is seriously the rudest thing ever. I had to walk parts of that hill last time, so I have a major score to settle. Because my current 5k PR is from the Zoo Run this past fall (also a hilly course, with several hairpin turns) I am holding onto a smidgen of hope I can PR at Harry's.

Have to shower and take S out the the community centre now...I'll bbl later for more personals!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Marathonjen

Spike - Congrats on the job offer.  Are you going to go in to see what it is like?  Hopefully, if you like it, you can negotiate an acceptable rate.  Sorry R was not good at bed time last night.  Hopefully tonight is better.  Great job on all the cleaning too.

Arm - Thanks for the advice.  We are headed from Michigan to Nevada via Detroit and Salt Lake.  The flight from Detroit to SLC will be the long haul.  I am also worried about managing him in the airports.  I don't want to buy a car and drive backSmile

ernie - Awesome job on the run!  Have fun at the community center!

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- sorry you didn't make your goal time, but a 4 minute PR is awesome, AND you raced a train!

uphill- I need to do core work, badly. Heck, I need to do any kind of ST, badly. This move is kicking my butt.

cx2- Have a good day at work! C will be fine, she's in good hands.

Jen- so jealous you get a spring break. We have Friday off for Good Friday, but it will be spent scrubbing grime, so not really much of a holiday...

shelbyjo- if its any consolation, I lost a bunch of weight after I completed my marathon despite sitting on my ass and eating for 3 weeks. That's cool about the purple shirt parade, is anyone going to be able to videotape it for you?

Ernie- oh no about your sis! My sister had Pregnancy induced hypertension- I did not know the human body could retain that much water, it was scary to watch.

runnergirl- Reid loves boynton books too! His favorite is Blue Hat, Green Hat.

Mer- I had a few people I was nervous about telling when I got pg because they had tried for so long, I knew it made them sad when yet another person got pregnant. Yeah I don't get the "trying for 9 years" when they've been married for 3 either. I have a gal on my FB that complains about not being able to get pregnant, but she is always complaining about her host of health problems, and I just have to wonder how she will be able to care for a newborn if she does get pg because she is often bedridden from migraines/fibromyalgia/diabetic attacks.

Jen- how long are your flights going to be? I *rarely* pee on the airplane, I just make sure to go in the airport bathroom right before departure- you might not need to pee if your flights are 2 hours or less- you can prob just take J into the bathroom with you. I think you will be fine, I would much rather fly in the 2nd tri than in the first. I did a trip to CO on a horribly bumpy flight when I was 8 weeks preggo and I was soooo sick the whole way. I would just make sure to bring a stroller that you can gate check to haul J around in. If you bring one that is sturdy enough you can hang all sorts of bags off of it!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR3- I took a load to the storage unit last night, I should have known better than to put DH in charge of loading it. The man can only get about half the dishes in the dishwasher that I can. I'm really good at Tetris, and the whole time I was unloading stuff I was thinking "I could have done this way better." Oh well, I just need to be thankful that he took the initiative to do that in the first place.

____

Bermy- There are websites like meetup.com where you can find groups to meet people. My friend in Denver has gone on several hikes and fun outdoorsy stuff like that and met some nice people. I would check at the library to see if they know of any playgroups, or maybe see if there is a toddler class at a gymnastics place. Sorry your DH didn't have the same vision as you. Maybe check out www.houzz.com or pinterest for some decorating inspiration? The whole wheat flour can make it more dense, you can counteract that by adding a small amount of all purpose flour, oat flour, or 1 tsp of Vital Wheat Gluten to make the dough more stretchy.

mzm- why is your DH having a Christmas party in April? My Dh doesn't usually like me in dresses- he likes jeans and a slutty top LOL. I always peel oranges with a paper towel because I hate how it stains my thumbnail.

armama- LOL at the bachelorette drink training. I just stick to beer now because I've had too many experiences of drinking mixed drinks then praying to the porcelain god later.  Rachel Ray annoys me, that's all I'm going to say Smile

CA- sorry about the Man Cold. My DH won't stop whining about how he has to get a filling at the dentist tomorrow. Men, such babies!

Jen- I'm going to go check the business out on Thursday or Friday I think. I'm leaning towards not taking it, because they make it sound like they have to work late (OT) a lot, and my time with R is important to me. I don't know if its a strategic enough move to give up my job flexibility, but I won't make the decision until I have all the facts.

runswithrocky

Jen - I was carrying Em in the ergo up to about 29-30 weeks.  I would pee while she was in the ergo, either side carry or back carry.  It's not that bad, and totally doable.  Or just take him in the bathroom with you and let him play with the toilet paper.  You'll be amazed how much you can do at 20-21 weeks pregnant, you'll be fine.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

don't know if i'll have time for more personals, but..

spike - I think you misread my race report, missing my time goal and the 4 minute PR was the cliff notes of my 2012 race.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/