Womens Running

Thirsty Thursday Supermoms (Read 23 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: planning on an easy 4ish miles btw PT clients this morning; probably a core workout later today, too.

TR: gets so silly after dinner when DH is home. The two of them and the dog run in circles around the house chasing each other. It's pretty funny. He said the word "diaper" and pointed to his bum yesterday afternoon when I asked him if he was wet and needed a change.

NRR: woke up super thirsty this morning- hence the thread title. enjoying my coffee now Smile  Probably end up grocery shopping today, I typically go on Friday but it's nice to avoid the craziness of the pre-weekend.

Bermy: your workouts are ridiculous lately! You're going to race so well. I wish we had more xc open races around here- there's an xc series but most of the races are a 3hr drive. And yes, I was able to get in 8.6miles yesterday Smile

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 6K ish with Sam, I guess her piles have improved.

TR - is totally awesome at potty when he's pantsless but as soon as we put training pants (cotton) on him, he doesn't get that you need to use the potty when wearing those.  Any advice?

FR - crockpot chili

NRR - going to look for halloween costume elements at the dollar store.  He doesn't seem too excited by halloween, other than the pumpkin part, so i don't feel like putting in too much effort or money.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

ER - ST and core

TR - We went to the park after her nap yesterday and it was freezing cold, so of course she thought it would be a good day to completely drench herself in a mud puddle. Her new favourite word is "WOW!", which she shouts with great enthusiasm.

FR - Teriyaki meatballs, baby bok choy, egg noodles

NRR - One of my friends has the day off work. so we're going to meet up at the community centre and hang out this morning. My coffee peculator appears to be broken, even though it's only a few months old, so I made myself a coffee the Italian stovetop method, which is delicious and strong, but only makes one cup so they'll be no coffee ready for DH when he wakes up.

~~~~~

rg - Ha, we are having the same day. I woke up super thirsty, too, though in my case the problem can be easily traced to me spilling my entire glass of water when I was getting into bed, and I'm planning to go grocery shopping this afternoon, too. Nice on R saying diaper and asking to be changed. They say that's the first step before potty training.

zorbs - An awful lot of kids seems to run around pantless at home while they are being potty trained, so I suspect the peeing in training pants is a common problem. Glad Sam's piles have improved. It sounds horrible if they were bad enough that she couldn't run.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning,

RR - SRD, 20 miles tomorrow, did 16k/10mi last night.

TR - dh said she was much better last night, I got home in time for a nice big hug Smile

BR - was awake several times last night, I got up twice, once I gave her advil, I think she's teething.  Hopefully she's good at the dayhome today.  Luckily the dayhome lady is ok with holding her and being more hands on when she's a bit more needy.

FR - leftovers, DH was supposed to be in charge of a slow cooker meal, but he wasn't feeling well last night, so I didn't want to ask more than getting him to watch the girls while I ran, plus we have a lot of leftovers we should get rid of.

NRR - had a 6am meeting, blerg... I was on the train in time, but then there was a delay so I was a few minutes late getting in... (I'm dialed in and listening to the meeting now).  This is one of the downsides of being in a global company, a lot of our meetings I get to pick between a 6am timeslot and 6pm.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - That's awesome that R and DH have so much fun, my DH is so good at playing w/ M, it's awesome.

zorbs - are you using the thicker training underwear, or just normal thin cotton underwear?  I heard from somewhere that the thin stuff is better bc it doesn't absorb any pee.

ernie - boo on the broken coffee maker, but YUM on the strong Italian type, we have one of those italian stove top machines, they make really good coffee.  Sucks to be DH Smile

armmama

RR - SRD.  Agreed to sub for someone playing tennis this morning so I have to do that.  I don't really feel like it, but the tennis club is right next to Costco so if L is acting alright we may go check that out and join.  I've never lived near a costco before.

BR - was super whiny again last night.  I was hoping we were moving past that!  No such luck I guess.

KR - everyone WILL go to school today.  And stay there, I hope.

FR - leftover taco soup for me, DH is at a work dinner

NRR - I was in the mood to rake yesterday and we have TONS of leaves in the yard so I was having myself a nice workout raking when my strange but harmless 50-something year old neighbor from across the street came over and just took over.  He picked up the rest of the leaves with his lawnmower and then brought over a mulcher to grind up all my piles of leaves and put them into bags to get rid of them.  I didn't know what to so I just went inside and made dinner while he did that.  Very nice, although I really did feel like raking!  There will still be plenty more leaves for me to rake though, not all the leaves on the trees have fallen and we still have one giant tree that hasn't even turned yet.

rg - I usually grocery shop on Mondays and last week I went on Sunday and decided that's a horrible day, the store was out of a few things I needed.  I avoid weekend shopping as much as I can!

zorbs - this is the first year I've bought all the kids a costume, usually 1 or 2 will get something and the others will just make due with what we have.  Seems crazy to spend too much money on costumes when they wear them for such a short amount of time.

ernie - have fun hanging out with your friend!  I have a friend who is usually off on Thursdays, it's nice getting to hang out once in a while!  I hope DH finds some coffee!  Mine would go crazy without his.

CA - good luck on your 20!  How many will you do?  Wow 6am meeting is early!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I can't quench thirst drinking coffee.

ernie - is this the same coffee maker that was on the fritz a few months ago but your DH fixed?  I should have thrown my 2 serving french press in with the bag of stuff on the weekend; it's not as good as italian coffee, but at least it makes enough for 2.  MIL gave it to me for Christmas last year and I've never used it.

CA - we have both kinds, and the second B pees himself, he rips his pants off, so there's no making him sit in it to get the point home that sitting in pee is a bad thing.  I remember when DH and I first met, he had meetings with people in Taiwan every day and it was always at times that were good for the Taiwan people.

arm - my 85+ y/o neighbour sweeps leaves from our driveway. There is a Costco 1K from my house, the only thing I don't like is unlike most people, I go in there to buy just a few things, and they don't have an express line, so I have to wait behind people with 3 carts piled full.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - some of the costcos I've been to in the US have express lines... never seen one in Canada though.

arm - I'm doing 3 20's, this is my second, the third might end up being a 22 depending on how I'm feeling.  I raked all our leaves last weekend, and also wanted to do it, I enjoy stuff like that, especially if I get time to do them, and don't feel pressured.

runninmer

RR -  30 minutes on the elliptical last night. Felt really good to sweat and be out of the house alone for a while.  Hoping to do that more often,

BR - rough morning starting at 4am.  Sleeping right now. Wish he would sleep from 4-7 instead of now. 

TR - With grandma today,  want to do something with him where I don't have to constantly say no or don't do that.

NRR - Heading to book club tonight if the stars align.  I can't wait!  We read Still Alice and it was good!  

FR - Costco chocolate muffin for breakfast.  Yum!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

beckykay

Zorbs:  We had that problem with C for awhile.  We would just go pantless as much as possible and he eventually caught on.  So frustrating though.  I don't have patience to be constantly cleaning up messes.  C loves costumes.  He has two right now that he alternate between.  Power ranger and ninja turtle.

RG:  We went grocery shopping last night and forgot a ton of stuff.  Ugh, I guess I will go back today!

Ernie:  Awe, that is sweet that you worry about your DH having coffee Smile

CA:  What?  A 6 a.m. meeting is NEVER happening in my world.

Arm:  I am sorry but the old man story is adorable.  I too love raking leaves.  We have like no front yard, all of ours are in the backyard so I rake up all the leaves then C and I play in them.  We never bother bagging them up to get rid of them.

Mer:  I need to find a good book to read.  I hope the stars align for you.

beckykay

Oh and for us

RR:  Hopefully at lunch I can get some miles in.  I looked at the course map for the 5k and it was basically running circles around parking lots.  Uh, no thanks.

TR:  I need to feed that kid coffee to get him moving in the morning.  Seriously I need to add like 30 min to our morning routine or something....

NRR:  Bossman is on his way to Texas to play with guns.  I get the office to myself!!!!  Jamming out to JT right now.

FR:  Crockpot.  roast potatoes and carrots

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 5 miles with Rp last night, the weather was lovely.

TR: Back at daycare today. I guess he listens to me more than he knows, because he tells me he's naughty if he has an accident. I tell him he's naughty if I ask him if he needs to potty and he says no, then has an accident shortly after.

FR: Last night was sauteed chicken, veggies, and rice medley. And spaghetti. Reid really wanted spaghetti so I made that too. Leftovers galore for the next day or two, and I have some chicken breast marinading in some yakitori marinade.

NRR: An opportunity presented itself that I could visit my dad to have the talk with him on Saturday, but DH says that I should handle it however I see fit, and he thinks that I should talk to my counselor if I think that would help, so no rush. The talk needs to happen, I've been ignoring issues with my dad and his wife (well, you've heard the stories) for a long time and I don't really enjoy visiting them, so I might wait until after the holidays and sit him down.   My 1 yo niece recently had an allergic reaction to peanut butter, so that makes 3 of us with nut allergies at my dad's house- I will be telling him that I will not visit at Christmas time if he serves anything with nuts- its too nerve wracking with the toddlers with allergies. We were talking about Evie's allergic reaction at my nephew's party on Sunday, and my dad looked at me with geniuine suprise when I said Reid couldn't eat peanuts either. He was tested 18 mos ago, this is not news!! Gah! See what I mean? I have issues and they need to be dealt with.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Runnergirl- I have to remind myself to drink when the weather is mild because I don't feel as thirsty as I do when its hot.  Are you thinking about PT soon? R has been doing really good, I think (days home with diarrhea excluded) he only had 3 accidents last week.

zorbs- hmm. R is more likely to pee when naked than when he has undies on, he likes to watch his stream. R has been doing really good with PT because he wants his fudgecicles and to be able to watch the movie with the big kids at rest time in daycare. Its been a good motivator. Can you think of something that B would really really enjoy on a daily basis that can be a reward for staying dry that wouldn't be expensive?

Ernie- I need to do some research to figure out how to make GF meatballs that don't discintegrate.

CA- that global thing was part of the reason I didn't take the job I got offered this spring, they said they work late a lot because their China customers are just getting to work at 4-5 pm.

Armama- that was nice of your neighbor, I'd bake him cookies- maybe he has a snowblower too Wink

zorbs- The Costco I go to has a 10 items or less line, that sucks that yours doesn't!  I'm waiting til I'm in the new place to re-up my membership that expired in April.

Mer- I need to pick a book to read and do that instead of watching TV. I just haven't been able to stay awake when I try to read.

Beckykay- R makes me late whether I get up at 5:30 or 6. Doesn't matter. He's awake but I have to chase his butt down to get him dressed, fed, and out the door.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

grrr, we went to the dollar store, Target, every place in the mall that has costumes and he rejected every single one of them.  I want to say fuck it and not do halloween with him but DH is insistent...

mer - great job on getting exercise and book club time!

becky - even though I'm too busy trying not to die during a race to really look at scenery, I would not do a race that's circles around a parking lot.

spike - can you bring your own food to visit with your dad?

superspike113

Honorary Old

My stepsister whose daughter had the peanut allergy keeps lamenting to me about what a pain a peanut allergy is. I know right?! Is it bad that I feel a little bit smug that someone else in my family now has at least the slightest understanding of what I go through on a daily basis? I feel a little bit guilty because it won't be easy for my niece but at least her mom will know why I'm such a B about food prep/cross contamination.