Womens Running

Nutter Butter WEDNESDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Hey, its National Peanut Butter Cookie Day! Love me a good Nutter Butter Wink

I know some of you don't like peanut butter..just dont even understand that. Hehe Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.2 low humidity miles for me!

Ah, took advantage of that 56 degree weather this morning! Felt awesome. Towards the end my achilles was bothering me though. I think its time for a new pair of daily run shoes. I will have to do some shopping around! Could have also been from my speed work yesterday. Still a fabulous run in some fabulous weather!

Yesterday afternoon was super busy so I have some things to catch up on this morning. Builder meeting at noon today!

Kathryn – What was the end of the night score? Still 5-0? 😉

Hi Lisa and Margaret!

Docket – UGGHHH..waiting is THE. WORST. But, they called references and that is a really really good sign.

Run4kupcakes – Nice miles last night! I think the weather is supposed to be gorgeous until Sunday. I think the associates forgot he was in there – he was working in the basement.

Happy Wednesday!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

2 mile walk to work today

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I will probably have hubby pick me up afterwards though. The least he can do. lol

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Only Wednesday?    A little over 5 miles this morning with intervals in the rain, 6x2 min with 1 min rec.  One minute of recovery is too short!    4 miles yesterday, it was in the upper 40's!  Almost felt like fall.  But the humidity was back this morning.  In work early today because younger DD is home alone (older DD was at a friend's house overnight).  I plan to take Friday off and hang out with the DD's before they start summer school on Monday.

Lizzie, AWESOME running the past few days!  You rock!    I haven't had Nutter Butter's for years!  I do like peanut butter however.  So sad about Gabriele Grunewald.  Life is definitely not fair.  We always need to keep in mind that we just have one life...  I hope the meeting with the builder goes well!

Lori, nice walk this morning!  I hope hubby picks you up.  

Kupcakes, glad you got some nice weather!

Damaris, I hope you get some news about the Indy job!

Karen, you got some awesome running weather!  Yay for BB!  Why does that not surprise me?    Probably because that's what I would have done.  

Carol, haha, you can never have too many goals.  

Diane, pretty view!

Hi to all!

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

Here's one of my horses...Cali a POAxArab cross mare.

Cali

Codee a POA mare

Codee

And Jacob an Arab gelding

Jacob

Since I have no activities to report you get to see my life instead...

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, though I dislike regular peanut butter, I do like it in things, like Ben & Jerry's ice cream and certain cookies.  Nutter Butters would be included.  Count last night was 14-3.  And that is only because the 3 came late and I was busy and leaving soon.  Woot Woot for the builder.

Lori, nice to get a couple of miles in, even if only a walk to work.

Cathy, summer school?  Yuck.  Did it once in college, no fun.

Diane, pretty horses, I loved having them as a youngster/teen.  Of course all of them were ding-dongs.  None were easy to work with.

Just got back from a shorty run trying to break in a pair of new kicks.  They are decidedly narrower in the toe box, but then maybe different might help.  My regular ones aren't really my friends blister wise, so why not try something different.  Also trying out a new sports bra.  I can't get in/out of my old ones.

Balls of my feet are tender where the blister peeled off.  Sad

Off to get my nails done in a bit, they are daggers.  Happy today is my Friday.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 with 3 @ HMP tonight.  I love peanut butter but don't like cookies so I'll just PB the day away.

Liz, nice run!

Lori, nice workout. Yeah, tell hubby to help you there and pick you up.

Cathy, that's exactly why they are 1 min recoveries. Wink  Nice workout.

Diane, lovely horses.

Kat, ouch at the blister. Enjoy the manicure.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

DHuffman63, great pics of the horses! How about cats & dogs? 

This morning I did 25 minutes running on the TM and 25 minutes biking. I still feel a little "off" and the arm is getting sore. Ahh. I am making little antibodies! Yesterday afternoon I went for my 2nd Shingles (Zoster) shot. Now I'm done with them. Shots up to date.

Later today I'll be off to visit DC. He's putting in a little border in his yard to separate it from the neighbor's yard.

Happy exercise, All ! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh finally a quick chance to breathe and post.  Work is crazy and my colleagues are out again.  A lull in the storm so let's see how far I get...

Very VERY sad day indeed for Gabe and her family.  Of course I have been following her since her career at the U of MN.  Oh, and it's Gabe - long A rhymes with Brave, not Gabby.  She was an amazing runner and even better human.  Miles today dedicated to her.

Speaking of miles, let's see if I can remember:

Sat - 9 horrible

Sun - 4 shufflin

Mon - rest day

Tues - 6 decent but gave myself some serious chub rub

Wed - 5 easy

A few shouts...

Karen - exciting about the OR house!

Cathy - great miles.  Are you getting this weird chilly willy weather, too??  No 80s in our forecast at all.  Makes me sad.  Busy weekend with DDs party.  She cracks me up!  Enjoy the day off on Friday.

Liz - exciting about the new build.

Diane - such pretty horses!!

Carol - I laughed at all your goals but totally get it!!  Almost 10 days out - woot!!  Weather IS looking promising already since we are in this horrible cold spell.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd, I gots to go.  Later!

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - Yay for the great run!  Good luck with builder.

Lori - glad to see you posting!!!

Judy - Have fun with DC and the yard work!

Cathy - It has felt like fall weather!!!  It is always unnerving when you start leaving kids home alone!

Diane - Beautiful pictures!  Enjoy seeing your life 

Kat - New kicks,  soon new sports bra, and a manicure AND your Friday...Life is good!

Sandy -  Nice running!!!!  I am loving the long range forecast, so far.

Lisa - The Legend does not sound like a “must do”...LOL.

So very sad about Gabe Grunewald, gosh, what a fighter she was....and to have battled cancer most of her adult life and not give up, she must have been quite a determined woman,

Bike ride yesterday was fun, made me want to Sign up for a Tri Smile.  I didn’t do one last year, I got so burned out after the back to back HIM’s. Out for some running miles today...great weather!

Carol

Anonymous Guest

I am tired. After yesterday's long run, then meeting at the bank (we now have a preapproval letter for our trip to OR), then putting together patio furniture, I could hardly keep my eyes open to finish my book - The Night Before by Wendy Walker. Speaking of books, can I tell you what annoyed me about An Anonymous Girl? The third person narrative for the doctor. Anyway, still tired today because dogs said 6 am is time to get up, and we don't care if you were up later than normal reading.

7 easy miles this morning. At least they felt easy, and the pace was easy. My Garmin thought otherwise, said it was mostly in zone 4 and I need 38 hours to recover. I don't think it's right - that in no way felt like my HR was anywhere close to that high. I did run by the school where there is apparently some sort of summer school going on and had to dodge a lot of parents dropping off kids (and those drivers are crazy!) - maybe that got my heart rate up. But seriously, it was an easy run. I think sometimes my Garmin just does weird stuff with HR. After that I went and got my CPR recertification. Now debating on chores or nap. Lots to do with my coaches meeting on Saturday and leaving for vacation one week from today, but tired.

Liz, hope the meeting with the builder went well. Nice run - our humidity is still down, but our temps are pretty high. I think it was 78 when I was done. Still compared to that with humidity, I'll take it!

Cathy, 2 minutes w/ 1 minute recovery sounds hard. Because like you said, one minute isn't very long! Are the kids taking any fun classes in summer school?

Lori, good to see you!

Diane, nice pics! It looks so peaceful where you live. And quiet.

Kathryn, holy crap on slow doc. Hope you get the shoe thing figured out. I've been doing some of my longer runs in the Hoka Carbon X that Damaris convinced me I should buy. I like them and that makes me think I should try adding another pair of Hokas of some kind into my rotation.

Damaris, enjoy the faster miles tonight.

Judy, good for being up-to-date on the vaccines. My dad has been dealing with shingles for the last several months and it sounds miserable.

Sandy, THERE you are! Hard to believe we went all those years with you just lurking and not posting - now the forum seems a little empty when you don't post. Shufflin, horrible, decent.........I see consistency.

Carol, I'm planning on getting some biking in on vacation - we're taking the e-bikes! So it will be easy, motor assisted biking, but still. Hey, you're officially in weather stalking range for the marathon - sounds like the trend is good for a cool race?

Okay, I'm going to do something, then nap, then maybe do something else...

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Lori – YES..have DH come get you this afternoon 😊 Nice job walking to work! Nice that you are so close.

Cathy – I was thinking that about Wednesday, too. Feels like it should be at least Thursday. Nice running for YOU the past couple days!! Killing it already 😊 I can imagine those intervals were tough. With those kind of paces, I think I would need to do them on the treadmill. That way I was forced 😊 I forgot about Summer school! Yes, I try to remember that life is so so so short. Maybe you should sign up for the 100 with Karen?! 😉 I ordered the Kinvara 10's today. I remember you saying you have had good luck with the Kinvara's. I tried one of their models a few years ago and they did not agree with my feet. I am going to try again Smile They get such great reviews for neutral runners.

Diane – Beautiful horses!!

Kathryn – Nice job on the run! Can anyone get in and out of a sports bra? LOL 😊 I ordered some new ones myself yesterday. I have the ones with the removing cups..those little bitches always come out in the wash and I am tired of messing with them. Plus, I use my bra as my phone holder on runs..and the other day it fell out LOL. I need a smaller bra. Hehe. Ugh, thinking about your blister makes me cringe 😊 YAY for today being your Friday!!

Docket – I wish I didn’t like cookies. Have a good run tonight!

Judy – Have a great visit with DC 😊 Nice workout today.

Sandy – YAY! Happy you could post 😊 We missed you around here. I have been crying off and on about Gabe. She was just..SO. YOUNG. I feel awful for her husband. I hope things calm down over there! Is sleepy out? NICE miles over there, girl! Like Karen said, consistent!

Carol – Enjoy that weather!

Karen – Nice “easy” miles today. Hehe, my Garmin does that sometimes. Not sure why. Actually, my new replacement Garmin is much better than my previous one. It does things my older one never did. Maybe it was a dud. Anyway..I bet it was those darn school parents!! 😊 Exciting about the preapproval letter! You are ready! Exciting! Take a nap – you are retired you know.

Awful headache. Going to pull a Karen and take a nap once the work day is over!

Docket_Rocket

Talking about cookies, I baked keto fathead dough bagels.  They taste like cheese, which makes them THE MOST WONDERFUL BAGELS in the world.  That is all.

And I apparently do not know how to read since my HMP was 2 miles not three.  Good thing I read it before hopping on the TM.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Took a rest day and just did some core work. I'm weird, not a fan of peanut butter, but love almond butter.

DHuffman, lovely horses.

Turtles, I have a love/hate things with short intervals recoveries. The short recoveries help keep your heart rate up, so when you start the next interval, you aren't fully recovered. So they help your fitness a lot. But they also hurt a lot when doing them.