Womens Running

THURSDAY DIVAS ! (Read 19 times)

SassySparky

Let's post!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

Hey girls!

RR: Just did 2 easy miles. I am resting tomorrow and we'll see how I feel on Saturday - might do another easy 2 mile shakeout run before Sunday morning. I can handle a cutback week but taper week sucks! I am super stressed, and I could really use a hard run but I know I need to rest. I'll save all this energy for the race on Sunday!

NRR: Yesterday my boss and I met about my grant proposal ... I sent it to him two weeks ago abut this was the first time we could meet. Needless to say there are a LOT of changes that I am making. I'm gonna be even busier than I thought. I know these busy times in my career are short and intense, but I am ready for this grant to be done!  I just want to focus on Big D and G and the birthday party and looking forward to visiting with family next weekend, not be stressed about the grant.

Anyway I gotta run. Waves to all!

OJewel

Morning!

Sassy- good luck with all the busyness at work! I hope it's over soon. Can't believe G is going to be 1!

RR- did 3.5 this morning. 8 yesterday.

NRR- work. I'm on the hunt for cute colored pants. Might try the gap since they have cute ones but they are like $70 which is kind of more than I was looking to spend. I also really need a mani pedi, so ill probably see if I can do that on my lunch hour if the place by my office has any free appointments.

have a great day!

MA runner girl

Morning ladies!

RR: Ran/walked FOUR miles yesterday! Haven't gone further than 3 miles since the beginning of Feb but I figured what the heck! It felt pretty good, though my pelvis is sore this morning. Sigh. Hoping for a walk after work.

NRR: Last night my big accomplishment was cleaning the kitchen. It was a disaster. I feel much better. Tonight I am hoping to fold and put away the 4 loads of laundry currently sitting in the living room. I'm working in the office today, haven't been here since last Wed! Oops. Wondering if this will be my last day here...

PGR: Midwife appt went well yesterday. Baby boy is still head down, yay! I'm 1 cm dialated and 50% effaced, but I could be this way for weeks so that doesn't really mean much. Midwife things we have a big boy on our hands, I'm hoping not too big!!!

Sassy - Taper week is maddening, tapering for a marathon is even worse!! I'm excited for your race! Sorry about the work stress, hoping you get through it quickly!

Jewel - Maybe try H&M? They usually have cheaper clothes. Good luck! Ohh enjoy the mani/pedi!

Have a great day ladies.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

POrun

Happy almost weekend!!!!

RR: Running (it may be more likely run/walk/run) tonight!!!! First time in about 3 weeks! I'm just going to aim for running slow and steady for as long as I can comfortably do on the mile neighborhood loop.

NRR: We're hosting a close friend's baby shower on Saturday, so getting ready for that between school and real work. I'm excited but nervous since I can't talk above standing next to someone level, and our friends wanted co-ed so we're having about 50 people at our house! It should be fun though, and we were able to chip in with some other people to get her the crib (one that converts eventually into a full size bed) for the baby room. Smile

Sassy: Enjoy your easy 2!

OJ: Great job getting the miles in this morning!

Meli/OWR: I think you asked, I'm off thyroid meds till my T4 levels get high enough for me to do the iodine radiation in April. Then I just do 1 dosage of iodine radiation and will be in isolation for 3-5 days, till I'm not too radioactive to be around other people. Then I get to go back onto thyroid meds and go back to normal.

Have a great day ladies!

POrun

MA: Super exciting! The waiting game has to be the hardest part! Are you trying for a natural birth?

gsdrunner

MOrning...

RR: Took yesterday off,  short speed workout today, probably rest for Friday and Saturday (maybe a 2 miler on Saturday depending on how I feel)

NRR: Not much, just overly tired with AF here.  Plus, M is running a little fever. I think its between her teeth coming in and the shots.  Today is packet pick up and some other errands.  Totally, slept in this morning, so much that DH is running late for work.. its happens.

Sassy:  Hang in there... The grant will go great and be over soon.

OJ: I hate clothes shopping just bc of the cost. Its kinda ridiculous what some places want for a shirt and/or pants.

Athena: It's a half this Sunday.

melrunner

Morning girls!

Sassy, good luck with work stuff. You're going to totally PR this weekend!!!

Jewel, Gap has 40% on Wednesdays or they've been having a special. If I see or get a coupon ill email it to you!

MA, glad you had a great appointment! Are you having baby boy naturally at your local hospital?

GSD, have fun at packet pickup. Hope Ms fever settles down.

PO, yay for running tonight!!!! what a nice baby shower!!

TriR 1 hour bike ride tonight (yay DST) followed by a brick run. I have a triathlon next month so I need to start training!

NtriR, had a great session last night with my T. Today is just working, and I need to schedule an appointment with my immigration attorney. Our interview is next week and I know he wanted to meet with us prior to the meeting.

So excited for our new Pope!!! Very excited for the Hispanic community as well. !!!

have a great day girls!!!!

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies!

RR: Running 3 with a friend after work. Yesterday I ran a mile to the base of the mountain, walked a mile to the top (my quads were like, 'what are you doing to us'?), ran the mile down, and ran 1 mile home. It was a great run and it was WARM. 50 and sunny! Smile Today is snowy and cold Sad

A friend roped me into running a 10K on Saturday. It's a big annual St. Patricks day race. I'm really looking forward to it!

NRR:Ugh. Work is CRAZY. I am drowning in piles of work. Gearing up for state testing is no easy feat. I literally didn't leave my desk at all yesterday (other than to use the bathroom). My annoying coworker just doesn't realize that I don't have time to listen to her daily tale of whoa. Can't you see I'm BUSY, lady? UGH. LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!! Okay, rant over!

Gotta run ladies. Have a great day!!!! Smile

MA runner girl

PO - How nice of you to throw your friend a shower! Sounds like it should be fun. I'm sure everyone will understand that you can't talk loud Smile The waiting is for sure the hardest part. I'm not exactly the most patient person. Practice for what's to come I suppose! I'm definitely trying for a natural birth.

gsd - You must have needed the sleep! I hope AF eases for you, and M's fever goes away. Excited for your race too!!

Meli - Definitely trying for natural! We are going to a hospital only a few miles from our house. Nice and convenient! Enjoy your workout tonight. I looved being able to be outside for an hour last night and get home to it still light out... and I didn't leave my house until 5!

MA runner girl

RLTW - So excited for your race on Saturday! I was contemplating doing it a few months ago, but considering how much 4 miles took out of me last night I'm kinda glad I decided against it. Though still a little disappointed. Hope annoying coworker gets the hint... I can't stand stuff like that! I'd rather not be pulled into drama!

SassySparky

Really quick

OWR - i've been wanting colored skinny jeans too, and I feel the same way about spending $70 at the gap ... I've heard Old Navy has them but haven't looked myself yet.

melrunner

Happy Pie Day!!!!!!

taylorma1

Hey ladies quick one from me today

RR: SRD maybe some core and knee strengthening if I have a chance later

NRR: another busy day ahead, but only 2 days til the weekend and 9 days til I see DBF again

meli-you asked a few days ago, but when you are in Germany, I would recommend Rothenburg. It's a preserved Medieval Town. It's a little touristy, but it's so cute, especially the surrounding countryside (so go for a run around there if you can). And my interview with the PhD program is on Monday Smile

monk717

Hey divas! Today I AM going to the gym... we don't have any real plans so I'm sure I'll get there eventually.

Got a call about the car, the problem is related to the water pump but the belt that turns it, not the actual pump. Theres also another belt that wasn't turning. The cost for the repair though is about the same, actually a little less, than I was quoted, so thats fine by me! It should be done later this morning. I wasn't able to get back here yesterday but I wanted to clarify, we've had this car a month but its not brand new. Its a 2004 and I know the people who sold it to us made sure it was tip top shape before we bought it.

We had a good visit at my parents' house yesterday and are looking forward to not doing much today. If the car is done around lunchtime we will probably go out to lunch when we go pick it up. I am joining weight watchers today and DH is restarting his weight watchers. I had lost a few more pounds but then gained a few because we ate terribly last weekend. My doctor did say I could start weight watchers. I know I'm supposed to eat while breast feeding but without the guidance of weight watchers, I just eat out of control!

I will try to get back for personals later. Have a great day!