Womens Running

Still weekend! (dailies) (Read 17 times)

Kilmisters

So, I created this as posting in any other thread than the most recent daily one seems to work. Go figure.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

Karen, nice even splits and congrats on AG win! It’s not that bad to forget Garmin every now and then! It just shows your experience. Funny how you casually mention running 17-18 so soon after a great 10k! And the pacing sounds really cool; even a simple thing like (not even pacing, just accompanying) assisting my friend on her first 10k was exciting. Btw, I have decided to train for my autumn HM using your experienced help. But will probably return to this topic after May fun-run trail HM.

Damaris, ugh, hoping the headache goes away!

Lizzie, wow, sounds like a WonderWoman-like day for you yesterday, hoping you are just chilling and doing nothing today, if that’s an option! And I could take Friday between floorball and 10k off, but it’s always tricky. Sometimes it’s better to get moving the next day w help of caffeine instead of sleeping past noon (after late important games it’s almost guaranteed), then shuffling around the house looking like cave(wo)man.

Laura, love the pic on FB w the puppy! She looks adorable! Not surprised cats aren’t too happy!

Diana, such an inspirational RR! I agree that the event itself was more important than any kind of racing it. Hoping your knee and feet are recovering well!

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

LC Runs

Happy Easter!!

Will run in a bit, it's cold this morning, though sunny and pretty out.   Meeting up for a late lunch this afternoon.  Kids are going to Grandma/Grandpa's cabin for Easter celebration.  My younger DD is on her way home from Florida (she went with a friend's family) so she won't be home till at least this evening.  Older DD heads back to college today.

Diana - Awesome job and RR!  You are a rockstar!!

Elina - I wanted to post the picture here but I can not figure out how to post pics on this site, it drives me crazy!

Kilmisters

Happy Easter!!

Will run in a bit, it's cold this morning, though sunny and pretty out.   Meeting up for a late lunch this afternoon.  Kids are going to Grandma/Grandpa's cabin for Easter celebration.  My younger DD is on her way home from Florida (she went with a friend's family) so she won't be home till at least this evening.  Older DD heads back to college today.

Diana - Awesome job and RR!  You are a rockstar!!

Elina - I wanted to post the picture here but I can not figure out how to post pics on this site, it drives me crazy!

Hoping this is the picture you meant  Easy when it has already been posted on FB, all you have to do is right-click, then ''copy image address'' and use ''insert/edit picture'' button above. Trickier if it's only on your pc/phone - have to upload it somewhere. Unless I am missing smth.

Seloc

Send warmth, please

Seloc

Elina - thanks for starting new thread.  I ran out of patience trying to figure out why I couldn't post in the other.  Exciting about your race plans and big games coming up!  Did the Easter bunny bring mini-K some treats?  Hope you have a relaxing day!

Laura - SUPER cute pic of the pup and so sweet of you to adopt.  You have a better attitude than I do with this weather.  I cannot even stand it and cannot even stand talking about it anymore LOL.  Have a great and nice lunch wtih the family!

Lizzie - super woman rock star yesterday.  OMG I'm tired reading about it.  Hope you are still sleeping on your rest day!  That lemon pound cake looks like it would go real nice with my coffee this morning.

Karen - congrats on the 10K!  Awesome pacing for sure!  Good luck with that long run today.  Ooooh boy that sounds tiring after your speedy run yesterday but no doubt you will rock it out.

Damaris - wow you had a couple killer workouts yesterday!  WTG.

Diana - loved your RR - sounds TOUGH.  And you have some more fun events coming up, too.  That's awesome.  Does that mean the injury area is all healed up?

5+mi in January temps for me.  Didn't help my no good very bad mood due to this freakin weather.  I know I know, must stop complaining.  But, it's April 1st for goodness sake!  8 years ago it was 81* on April 1st.  Instead we have 5-8 inches of snow coming tomorrow-Wed and it's not supposed to get to 40* all week.  Lows in the teens.  Makes me want to crawl into bed and not come out until summer.  But, at this rate, that may never happen.  So, I'm drowning my sorrows in my coffee spiked with Fireball as any good Catholic would do.  Ha!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Happy Easter! Rest day for me!

i slept unitl 8:30!!! That is huge. Haha. A nice 9 hour sleep..after a long day yesterday.

Last night turned out differently than HCBF and I planned. We actually were going to go out to eat since we never do - but then HCBF got VERY sick. He was working on the yard all day - probably 5 hours - which he NEVER does. The last time he has cut the grass was October. He was out there yesterday picking up sticks, cutting grass and trimming bushes. Lets also remember he does 0 physical activity. Anyway, he came in the house with goosebumps and was shivering like crazy! He got in the shower but still he just couldnt stop shivering. I took his temperature and it was 101. Was pumping him with aspirin every 4 hours because each time the temp would go down..an hour later it was right back up. He is PERFECTLY FINE today! He does have a cough - but I can't tell the difference between that cough and his awful smokers cough. LOL. SO WEIRD. I am wondering if it was Heat Exhaustion?? I just dont understand heat exhaustion when it is 61 degrees outside with 0 humidity. Really weird. It better not be the flu or he is going into quarantine. Haha.

Not sure if his parents are still going to want him to come over. I am going regardless because I have lots of food to give them. They are having turkey! Uhm, Thanksgiving in April?! YES MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE! Smile

Docket - Hope you are able to get the headache taken care of. Ugh. Sorry you couldn’t make it to the funeral. Good luck on that long treadmill run you have planned for today.

Run2trail - Congratulations on that badass finish!! I didn’t realize you were running that race. Kathryn asked me to consider it maybe last year? I was like - NO. Haha. Sounds really difficult so nice job pushing through. My feet hurt just thinking about your blisters! Are you bandaging your feet up??

Laura - AWWW So happy you decided to keep the pup!!! I knew you would Smile I told HCBF that when he gets moved back to Richmond, I would like to foster. He said we would end up with 60 dogs. LOL. BTW your picture is so cute. You are gorgeous! Smile

Kilmisters - WEIRD about the thread. I was wondering what was wrong with it! Okay, completely understand getting up and moving after an intense exercise event. Haha. One of the reasons I force myself to work after those Friday long runs. Makes you less sore. I seem to only get sore after a tough race now. Well, and body pump.

Sandy - FEELS LIKE 1 ON EASTER?! AHHHH!! Okay, I am laughing. Fireball sounds like a great breakfast Smile LOL. Oh man, the last time I drank Fireball…I don’t remember what happened but I woke up on an elevator floor. LOL. Okay, I won’t go there. NICE JOB getting out there for 5 miles. That is badass to me considering it feels like 1. I am sorry Winter will just not go away. If I had magical powers, I would send you our weather!!

Mother nature decided to surprise me this morning. Well, I guess not a surprise haha. But now I want to eat..EVERYTHING. BUT I have 55 miles scheduled this week - so I can eat it, right? Smile This is going to be a BIG running week - with an even bigger run week the following week. Hope my body can keep up! Smile Smile

Have a great Sunday everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

Sandy, wow... Global warming? What global warming? And people here are complaining about 40*F temps.. Of course, MiniK got treats from Easter Bunny Smile First Easter w the little one - pretty exciting! Same way first New Years Eve was! That drink sounds perfect for reducing the weather-related grumpiness Smile Btw, I heard one of the Wild key guys (Suter) is injured and out for the season...Sucks - right before the playoffs.

Lizzie, glad HCBF feels better but that seems like a weird sequence... Oh well... And yes - 55mi week is a perfect excuse to eat everything in sight... and more! Big grin Reminds me of that late night pizza delivery - and I was on way lower mileage yet still felt like I deserve it Big grin

So, few hours ago DH warned me that it would rain like crazy at some point, as per weather forecast. I didn't listen and kept delaying the run. Guess what. Fully dressed for a run and it is poooouuring out there. Ah, the ''I told you'' face... Big grin So, not bringing K w me this time...

Ah, yes, I can post in this one!

Happy Easter to anyone celebrating!

Kilmisters, I saw that you have a trail HM next month!  Running in pouring rain and generally miserable conditions will be good training.  

Karen, nice AG award yesterday!

Diana, thanks for the Bataan RR report.  My DH's grandfather died in the death march (he's filipino, grandfather was helping the US).

LC, awwww, so happy you decided to keep the dog.  One lucky pup!

Seloc, ugh, I'd gladly have split yesterday's temps with you... 42* for each of us would be perfect, right?!

Lizzie, nice training week for you!  Scary about the weird thing that happened to HCBF yesterday.  If he wasn't used to warmer weather or activity out in those temps, it might have been heat exhaustion.  Maybe he was dehydrated too?  I broke out in good bumps once during a hot trail race and someone said it was dehydration.

Speaking of global warming, it was plenty warm here yesterday... 83* for my 25k in San Jose, CA.    That was over 100 degrees warmer than the temps in Canada, where a friend did a HM in -24*.  I walked more than I wanted to, but the hills were nice and green, there were lots of wildflowers, and it was a good workout.  Here's one of the pics that I posted on FB:

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Kilmisters

Margaret, wow, I guess anything is better than HM in -24 degrees... Nice picture!

7.5mi in heavy downpour, crazy wind and including all the hills I could in out-and-back loop. I guess the only way to call this is - workout. Didn't look at Garmin at any point so was surprised to see a really good pace when I was done, despite this being 5th running day in a row. Confidence boost for sure! Under the blankets w tea waiting for NHL matinee now!

LC Runs

5.2 miles - coooollllddd wind!

Elina -yes, that is the picture, thank you so much!! And thanks for the instructions, I know people have said its easier to post from FB but I wasn't sure how, now I know!!

Sandy - I hear ya!  We are supposed to get snow on Tuesday, ughhhh!!  Today wouldn't have been terrible if the wind wasn't so cold.  27 degrees.  I'm over it with you!!

Lizzie - that is so weird about HCBF, glad he is better today!!  Awww thanks about the picture, I was lucky and had just gotten ready when I went to finalize the paperwork, the lady that runs the rescue is actually my next door neighbor and that was taken at her house.  You should have seen me the day before at their office, I was a scum bucket ha  ha!!

Margaret - wow, that is hot and not fun for a race.  Great job to you!!

Okay we are leaving soon for food, I am hungry!!

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Ran 18 with 8 @ MP on the TM and it was one of those runs where you blink and you realize you are past Mile 11 and damn you didn't notice the time has passed.  I wish my marathons were like that.

I checked my BP last night and today and it is a bit higher than normal but not high.  So I remain without medication and hoping the headaches were not that.

Elina, thanks for getting us started.

Laura, hope your run went well.  Cute doggie!

Sandy, you can have all my warmth!

Liz, hope the BF feels better.

Margaret, nice job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

10 more miles today with RBs on a new trail.  A longer and hillier run than I was expecting, but we took our time and hiked up the hills.  Beautiful day.  Not as hot as yesterday (since we were much closer to the coast today).  Lisa might find it amusing that we turned back a little early because cows were blocking the trail (this new open space preserve is a collaborative thing with local ranchers, and uses some of their pasture land).

Re posting pics from FB, if you're on a Mac, you "control + click" when your cursor is over the pic, then (like Kilmisters said) "copy image address," and then open the "insert/edit image" icon in the tool bar above your post and paste the image address there.  You can re-size it too.

Kilmisters, nice when runs turn out to be surprisingly speedy.  It's likely that there will be pouring rain for my 50k next weekend, but I'm not expecting to be speedy...

Lizzie, did you go to HCBF's parents for turkey?  Reading that is making me hungry...

LC, nice miles!  I hate wind, makes my nose run!

Damaris, nice LR on the TM.  I'd love it if 11 miles passed without me noticing it.  Can't say that's ever happened...

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Seloc

Gatsby - congrats on the run yest and another 10 today??  Wowzers!!  Omg I wld have GLADLY split the temps with youuuuu!!!  Laughing at your cows on the trail.  Also lived the pic!!

Damaris- well thanks but can’t say I’d like ALL you warmth. How bout we just give each other 20*. Snd good??  Ummmm never in my life wld 11mi go by in a blink of an eye treadmill or road. LOL. You are freakin awesome on that beast. And otherwise!!

oh hellzzz I hit the wrong button on my phone...

Elina - great run!!  Funny I saw the NHL matinee and thought of you!!  My RB and I were talking abt Suter today. Poor guy!!  I always feel more bad for the player than the team. Yay for mini-K s first Easter!!  Did ma and pa get to eat most of the treats??   I would!!

Laura - dang girl killer miles in this mizzzz weather. Hope you had some good food!!

Lizzie - yikes on HCBF!!  Sooooo glad he feels better today. I’d also lean the way of dehydration??  But who knows. Just a happy he’s feeling better!!  Hope you had a nice Easter full of Reese’s!

omg this is harrrrrd from my phone. Have a good night everyone!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Thanks for all the thoughts on HCBF! We now are thinking it might be an adverse reaction from the Tetanus shot he got at the doctor on Friday. He didn’t have any other symptoms than the fever and he is just kinda achy and groggy today. His sister is a nurse and that is what she said - I guess we never really will know! I am still sleeping in the guest bedroom tonight Smile

To Margarets question - YES I went by HCBF’s parents to drop off the food I made. I didn’t stay - but she gave HCBF and I turkey, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls and fruit. Uhm…I am really excited to dive into that in about 30 minutes. LOL. I LOVVEEE Thanksgiving food!! Carb loading for big run week, right? Smile

Kilmisters - Nice rainy run today!! Rainy runs are usually pretty awesome Smile I will be having a rainy run tomorrow. Not sure if it will be a downpour but we will see. Now I am wondering what I should wear..hmmm…Enjoy your Easter with mini K. Blanket + tea + TV = perfect.

Margaret - Congrats again on the race! You get the badass award this week for doing a race in those awful conditions! And another 10 today? Aren’t you supposed to be tapering for next weekend? This is why you are an Ultra runner Smile At least it was a much more pleasant run today.  Except for those darn cows. LOL. Thanks for the tips on uploading pictures using Mac. I couldn’t figure it out before Smile

Laura - Uhm, I don’t think you could ever look like a scum bucket, silly. Nice windy miles! Enjoy your Easter!!

Docket - Holy CRAP you are amazing. Nice treadmill miles! And it flew by?! What the WHAT? Haha. I just can’t picture that while on the treadmill. Maybe the marathons would fly by if we didn’t see those mile markers every mile hahaha. Sometimes I have a love/hate relationship with those damn mile markers.

Going to be a wet run tomorrow. Ugh. I wish we could go more than 3 days without rain!

Okay...sorry guys...Thanksgiving food is calling my name and I must listen. LOL. Have a good evening!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2