Womens Running

Where's our weekend? (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

camille2

Gatsby, have a terrific trip!

Bikerchick1

Camille - Thanks for starting us out.  Where is everyone????

Gatsby - Sounds like an awesome trip.  Can't wait to hear details.

Did 9 with RB this am...it was sooo slippery and snowy!  We could have run 12 in the amount of time it took us.  The only good thing was temp was in the 20's for a change (trying to look on the positive side of things here).

Will check back later!

Carol

Anonymous Guest

Hi guys! I have been running around nonstop today. Had an appointment to take the car in for a check, then to Sam's Club, bank, gas, groceries and the mall. Got home, put dinner in the crockpot and finally headed out for 9 miles around 2:30. It was a really good run - just hoping I didn't overdo it. I guess I'll find out tomorrow during my long run!

Gatsby, how exciting your trip is here! Have a great time!

Hi Camille and Carol! Quiet group today.

I picked up a movie while I was out too, so we will be watching Captain Phillips tonight. I think tomorrow I'm going to go into the office for a couple hours because this next storm is supposed to hit Sunday night and Monday morning. I have a lot to do yet to get ready for my Tuesday and Wednesday meetings, and I may not be able to get to the office on Monday.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Busy Saturday for me.....ran 5 miles this morning.  Normally I would run on Sunday, but we are supposed to get that darn snow again starting tonight, so ran today on clean dry streets.  I just felt okay, but not too bad.  After that showered, went to bank, watched DGD play basketball, grocery shopping, came home put groceries away, nail appointment, out to dinner with DH and now settled in my jammies to continue watching Game of Thrones.  We have never seen it and my son has all three seasons on DVD, so we borrowed.  Except for the bloody violence I am enjoying it so far.  I just shut my eyes at the bad parts.

Gatsby...have a wonderful trip.

Karen...Glad you had a good run this afternoon.

Hi Carol...so sick of the snow...it is headed our way.

Hi Camille.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies!  Sorry for being MIA.  Last day off was Friday and I spent it doing errands, meeting friends for lunch, etc.  Decided to take an SRD yesterday as I walked 4 miles and ran 4 X 0.10 segments and felt I might have pushed too much too soon with my surgery so I rested.  Today, I had to try our new TM so I did a 2 mile walk with 2 X 0.20 and 1 X 0.10 and they all felt good.  We'll see tomorrow.

Camille, hi!

Gatsby, hope the trip is going great!

Carol, nice 9 this morning.

Karen, sounds like my Friday.  Hope you get some work done tomorrow.

Ginny, nice 5.  We stopped watching Games of Throne after this last season.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Busy weekend.

No run yesterday.  Foot was aching. It isn't the foot but coming from the hip so I didn't run. Got hair cut

painted the kitchen yesterday. Looks wonderful. It was already green (light green). I chose a darker more sage color called Irish paddock.

Today ran 8.3. Felt good. I've got the touch up fine. Put pics over on FB. Dh went fishing. He just got home. House is all clean. Bedding is in the dryer so will have wonderful fresh sheets tonight.

Safe travels Gatsby

Karen how was the long run?

Ginny/D I've never watched Game of Thornes. Dh and I don't watch much.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

I feel like I've hardly had a chance to relax all weekend. I went into the office this morning and did as much as I could, but the server was down. These meetings, if they happen, may be interesting. Forecast holding pretty strong for 5-9" overnight and into the morning, which is a snow day in these parts. I got out of the office by 11, stopped for milk, bread and dog food, grabbed a quick bite to eat, and started my long run at noon. 16 miles, and it went well. Two good runs in a row! It was just starting to rain as I finished my run. Now laundry and cleaning.

Marjorie, the kitchen looks good. I like the darker color.

Ginny, seems like everyone I know that has seen Game of Thrones likes it. I read the first book and have the next several.

Damaris, sounds like your recovery is coming along nicely.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

runlikeagirl18

Hello ladies-

Sorry to be MIA lately; it's just been crazy-busy here between work and the boys' activities. No run for me today - I woke up at 4:30 this morning with some pretty serious pain in my neck and upper back/shoulders. I can't for the life of me figure out what I've done, but it hurt quite a lot this morning. It's a bit better now - ibuprofen and a hot shower helped - but I'm not sure I'll be able to run tomorrow. I did manage to go out and walk (not fast) for 20 minutes - I'd exercised for at least 20 minutes every day for the past 188 days, and I didn't want to end the streak!

Yesterday I got to visit with one of my high school XC teammates that I haven't seen in at least 25 years. Her parents have moved near where I live, and she was here from CA visiting, so I went over for the afternoon. It was such fun to catch up!

Tessa - my thoughts are with you and my hopes for some peace for all of you.

Lisa - sorry to hear about your boss. I am very familiar with the "old boy" phenomenon from my days working for a bank.

Karen - congrats on your 7 years of sobriety. And on two good runs in a row!

Gatsby - you're already gone, but if you're checking, I hope you have a wonderful time!

Damaris - glad to hear you seem to be recovering well, but don't push it!

Carol - that was nice of your DH to recognize your funk and take you on a "mystery drive."

Marjorie - hope the hip issue goes away quickly. I like the new kitchen color.

Ginny - I've read all the Game of Thrones books but haven't watched any of the shows. We have the first season on dvd but haven't gotten to it yet.

Camille - I know several people who have had success with a run/walk approach when coming back from injury. Good luck. And thanks for being worried about me!

Off to take advantage of the fact that all the boys (including DH) are watching Star Trek and get some of my book read. Have a good evening-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Arimathea

Tessa

Checking in. It's been a crazy few days. DH is still hanging on but he is steadily declining, hasn't taken anything but a few sips of water since Thursday morning and the last sip was yesterday afternoon. He is breathing maybe 5-6 times a minute and is not responsive unless you do something like take his blood pressure or roll him from one side to the other, then he complains by groaning. It will not be long now.

Lisa, I'm sorry your boss was let go, I hope she lands on her feet.

Ginny, your poor friend. I hope things get better for her, but that sounds like an awful situation. Just knowing that you are there for her is probably a great comfort.

Carol, as Karen very wisely said, problems are problems and aren't necessarily to be compared. If it's troubling you, then it is a problem.

Karen, congratulations on selling the boat! Good luck with the snow coming in.

Marjorie, the green kitchen sounds pretty. I envy you your painting abilities.

Hi Cindy, Camille, Vicki, Judy, GatsbyBird, Damaris, and anyone else I've missed!

I did not do DVL yesterday. Too far to go with DH ready to go at any time. I did a 10 miler in the pouring rain yesterday and 6.2 this morning. RN did go to Diamond Valley and texted me to say "you missed out on the mud run. Most people have to pay extra to get that much mud." I will hear about it tomorrow, she wants to go running. I gather they had more than 700 people which is an increase over prior years, good!

Working from home tomorrow but will go teach my class in the evening and look in on work then. I'm so thankful my boss is understanding. And honestly it's been such a roller coaster the last few months that I will be so glad when all this is over...DH is going peacefully and I am thankful for that.

Docket_Rocket

Sorry to hear that, Tessa.  Lots of hugs.  I'll be thinking of you.

15 miles on the bike today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page