Womens Running

Fearless Friday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. I head to meetings all day. Tight lips

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ran an hour at the track yesterday, part with coach, part alone and part with another buddy. It was a good long run because I won't have time due to meetings, etc. today. Maybe some cardio though after meetings.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Happy Friday!!  I finally caught up on sleep last night.  Blew off the swim this morning.  Wimp wwimp wimp....Wink  I just needed a little extra "Susan" time.  Yesterday after work took Jake to the vet, went to the commissary, a meeting and didn't get home til 8:30 and still had to put away groceries.  Going out of town really puts me behind!

Have a great weekend everyone!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

2.2. Yay. No hip or SI issues. Took it super slow and cautious. I will do the race and do it slow. But happy it is back yo normal. Hamstrings were not amused as I hadn't run much for the last few weeks and I'm sure my cells are now thinking oh crap as well. Since I hadn't run much they were letting the water go. I'll be glad not to have to per a bunch like the last few days but also means I have yo build it back up.

Dh dh fish trip got moved until tomorrow so he will fish after his race. As his race is tomorrow (8K).

It it is super windy here today. Nutso wind and cool but Sunday should be perfect run conditions.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  Busy week for me workwise.  Going crazy!  SRD today.  I travel to Sarasota (driving) to do a marathon there tomorrow and then travel to Ft. Myers to do another one on Sunday.  First time I am attempting this, yay.

I had my sonogram yesterday and one of my fibroids has gone up to close to 5cm, which means I don't think I can stave off surgery any longer.  Maybe he can do a histerectomy as well, although hubby says no doctor will do it on someone that young (yeah, right).

judyruns, enjoy the track run.

Sue, nice catching up on sleep.  Sometimes we need to rest.  Hope the vet visit went well.

Marjorie, great news.  Hope the race goes well for you.

Have a happy Friday!  Will check back when I get to the hotel.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Oh, this one is tiny but here is a pic of me and hubby prior ot the NY Dash to the Finish 5K:

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Cute picture Damaris! So cool that hubby is running too. So you're going to have 4 stars or 5 after this weekend? NYCM Sunday plus a double this weekend would be 5, yes? Good for you! I did a double a couple years back and it was painful, but then again I got an overuse injury 5 weeks before and didn't run a step those five weeks. But I finished it and got my 4 stars and said never again. Cindy, Lisa, Tessa, Amy can all attest to my "that was dumb. never again" statements (I did Illinois and Flying Pig and a bunch of us did Flying Pig that year).

Crazysue, totally understand needing some Susan time after travel. I have felt out of it all week after being out of town last weekend and then again Tuesday night and Wednesday.

Marjorie, hooray for no pain! Just take it easy and enjoy the marathon this weekend. I've heard it's a beautiful course - just a nice long run in a new place for you.

Nice run yesterday Judy. My condolences on the meetings all day!

I"m heading out shortly to pick up my packet for Sunday's 10K. They have packet pickup at a running store not far from here all day so I will stop by at lunch.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Checking in! Sorry I have been out. It has been worse than before. And next week DH begins six weeks of daily radiation treatments.

Damaris, good luck with the double this weekend. Susan can attest to my having done them...and I saw Karen do Illinois/Flying Pig in 2011. (As I recall she was less than impressed by my observation that technically she did marathons in successive months...since Illinois was 4/30 and Pig was 5/1.

Susan, so envious. I would love to go to the Houston quilt festival.

Ginny, yes it will be tough decorating Thanksgiving weekend, but think how nice it will be to have it all up and ready by 12/1 so you can do other things during the weeks leading up to Christmas!

Carol, sorry about the wedding stress. Why is it that some people think they should get their way about other people's weddings?

Hi Judy, Lisa, Marjorie, Cindy, Camille, Karen, Laura...

4 Wednesday morning, 7.35 Wednesday lunch, 5.5 yesterday morning, 2.5 before choir practice yesterday evening, and 4 this morning. So...sleepy...

Docket_Rocket

Sounds like I shall expect pain, more than the fibroids, haha.

It's only 4 stars because I think for 5 they need to be different states and two are in FL.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, they can be in the same state but I believe for 5 stars you have to do 5 within 16 days. So you'd have to do another back-to-back set next weekend. (no, you probably do not want to know how I know this...)

Bikerchick1

Late check in today....had a nice 4 miler this am.

Damarias - Wow on all the marathons!!!!  I think I would be tired for a month after :0    Booo on the fibroid growing...5 cm is starting to get a little big.  Certainly can cause some symptoms.

Marjorie - Nice that your DH is running the 8k too!  Hope you enjoy your marathon, will be waiting for a RR!

Karen - good luck on your race!

Susan - Glad you were able to get some "Susan" time...sometimes that is the best thing ever!

Tessa - Glad you checked in...was worrying about ya!  Radiation for DH???  Did I miss something?

There is a local half/10k/5k tomorrow, I would have liked to do, but both DD's and myself are all going to get our hair cut/colored, so will be there all morning....oh well.  Our little running group all went to dinner last night so we could talk about our recent marathon's/halfs, was a great time.

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Expo was tiny but nice. Packet did not have all the flyers you usually get. It is a reusable grocery bag. Had course map and a cup.  They had a few other things laid out you could take if you wanted like the utterly smooth cream samples or a power bar so kinda a make your own.

I didn't bring bring my compression  shorts to wear after the race. They didn't have what I wanted. I did buy another shirt.  has a print if the artwork done for the race in it. Wasn't expensive so I bought it.

Damaris is they will do a hysterectomy on you. Not their preferred method   You'll just have to see what the options your doc gives you.

Tessa awwww. Hate you have to deal with all thIs.

Marjorie