Womens Running

Forthwith! It is Friday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Shadow, welcome to the fray . I’m 71, also work at a local library, am about 4’9” and have run over 22 years. I’m not a racer, but certainly support all who do.

Anonymous Guest, the grey hairs would not have been bad, but the darker brown lost the shine when the pigment started to go. The dullness was dreadful so I started coloring and I’m so glad I did.

:::sulk:::   Water was off at the styling salon of the big box store so never got my hair done.   My stylist is coming in on Sunday to do my hair. Hopefully!

Since I got home early and ran the vac after major sweeping, I did 45 minutes of cardio DVD. This vac probably weighs what I weigh and has incredible suction. I can hardly move it. Therefore I humbly request XT credit for working an hour on the floors with the monster vac.

Today will be a track run.

Happy runs, All!   :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Judy yes it is cross training

Camille, no idea on the exchange for hike versus run

nothing yet. Quincy kept me up until 2am sick. He feels much better now. I'm exhausted. I will see what I can fit in. They are coming this am to power wash the house so I will fit in stuff in between. I'm guessing a lunch run.

Marjorie

TGIF!!!   Swam this morning.  We get off two hours early for the holiday weekend today.  Woohoo!!!!!

I have to pick up a cake this afternoon for tomorrow's party--one of our friends completed Ironman Texas so it is time to celebrate.  Everyone in our group gets a party after their IM finish.

I also have to pick up my race packet for Sunday's Olympic distance triathlon.  I sure hope they got their act together.

BF leaves in the morning for a two week cruise--he's a marine biologist.

Hi Shadow!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I took yesterday off (except for Pilates) to try to get my lungs to improve and it worked.  Not 100% but I had a very nice 5 miler yesterday.  Pilates and weights tonight.

Trying to fix a mess up with American Airlines for our flight to Cali tomorrow.  They have moved us from the seats we have and now I cannot print our boarding passes and they cannot find us.  Lovely.  And the Disneyland Half Marathon is at 5:30am on Sunday.  This is not giving me any confidence that we are getting there at all.

Judy, XT credits granted!

Marjorie, sorry to hear about Quincy.

Sue, what?  He is not taking you?  Shame!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I just finished up 14 miles, and I'm beat! We moved our long run from tomorrow since both my RBs will be out of town and in locations where it's difficult to get in long runs. My legs are really tired, and I can feel the niggles of PF, so I've rolled my feet and have them on ice packs right now. The good news is, I feel good about how the fueling went. I ate half a pack of Honey Stingers about every 45 minutes and that seemed to work. And the sun stayed behind clouds for the whole run, so it wasn't too hot.

Judy - bummer on the hair! I need to color mine.

Marjorie - poor pup. I hope he feels better.

Karen - I'm sorry your foot is acting up. It's so aggravating to be sidelined.

Crazysue - good luck this weekend!

Damaris - I hope they get your flight straightened out.

Shadow - welcome to the group! I'm 49, live in NC, and have three boys ages almost 12, almost 10, and 7. I work part-time from home for a small marketing/PR firm. Running-wise I'm currently training for my first marathon.

Off to wash off the layers of salt and get some work done. Have a good Friday-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Anonymous Guest

And Friday couldn't get here fast enough, in my opinion! Crazy week. Maybe it was for the best that I didn't run, at least I got a chance to catch up on laundry and groceries and cleaning and stuff. My latest thing is just wandering around the house the day before trash pickup and throwing stuff out. We don't usually put our trash out on Friday, and lots of times only have one bag on Tuesday (the rest goes in the recycling can, which is generally full every week), but last night I filled the the trashcan with junk from the basement and various other rooms. The joys of getting ready for a move.

I may try a very short (like 3 miles) easy run after work tonight. My foot is doing a lot better. I'll continue with all the stretching and icing and rolling and stuff, but I want to see how it feels tomorrow if I run tonight. And I heard back from my chiropractor, who also does sports medicine and a lot of other stuff, that he can work on PF. I don't know if it's ART or what, and he can't get me in until the week after my marathon, but I think I'll make an appointment, and if it's still bothering me, see if he can help. After fixing my "imbalance" last year, and DH's IT issues a couple months ago, we're convinced he's a little bit magic.

Judy, no need to be humble, that most definitely counts as XT.

Marjorie, poor Quincy and poor you! Hope you catch up on sleep. That's really cool that your DH is considering the 5K. I've never been to Charleston, I'm looking forward to it.

Susan, yay for getting off early! I'm surprised we didn't get an email telling us to leave early today. Although I am still so behind from going on vacation, I'd probably stay anyway. I'm planning on taking some work home this weekend, something I always said I'd never do. IM Texas.....I am so looking forward to being down there for that next year and the next year and the next year and spectating. One of our local friends here is thinking about doing it next year and staying with us. He's pretty fast, but he's also in his 30s and male.

Damaris, glad the lungs are feeling better. Running in and seeing new places is so much fun, I wish the getting there part wasn't so frustrating!

Cindy, nice long run! Sounds like your training is going well so far. And it should be easier to get the runs in now that the boys are back in school, I hope.

Okay, back to work.....

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, I hope you can get the flight sorted out!

Crazy day here. Popping in to report a 4 mile run this morning. We get off early today but I'm working on something that just went south so it's going to be really bad.

Damaris--lol---BF's cruise is work.  They are doing a series of fishery trawls, long line catches, reef and floor mapping, underwater camera filming, water samples etc.  in the northern and central Gulf of Mexico.  I have been on a similar cruise once and it is hard work with long days.   Good luck with your flight tomorrow!

Cindy--14 miles--great !!

Karen--I told you I am doing IMTX in May, right??   Are you in??

Have a safe weekend everyone!!

Anonymous Guest

Susan, hahahahaha, I'm not doing IMTX next year, but I will be there to spectate! I don't know that I could swim 240 meters at this point, much less 2.4 miles. The thought has crossed my mind that I should do it in the next few years though, especially now that we'll be living there.

Just keep in mind that I'll be living there, about a 20 minute drive from the lake and start/finish area, so if you have any time, I'd love to get together. And I'll be out there somewhere cheering for you.

runlikeagirl18

Karen - what stretches are you doing with your PF? I want to nip mine in the bud.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Anonymous Guest

Karen - what stretches are you doing with your PF? I want to nip mine in the bud.

Mainly calf stretches (standing on the edge of a step and lowering heels, leaning forward/pushing against the wall) and just stretching/pulling my toes up to get the stretch in the bottom of the foot. I try to do the toes up stretch before I get out of bed every morning. I came across another one the other day I'm adding in. This is the description: In another exercise, you lean forward onto a countertop, spreading your feet apart with one foot in front of the other. Flex your knees and squat down, keeping your heels on the ground as long as possible. Your heel cords and foot arches will stretch as the heels come up in the stretch. Hold for 10 seconds, relax and straighten up. Repeat 20 times.

Plus I use the foot roller Marjorie sent me and I also roll with a frozen water bottle. And I can't find the links, but I found a couple places that said to take magnesium before bed, so I'm doing that. And I got the strasburg sock the other day. I've worn it to bed two nights now, and both nights had to take it off in the middle of the night, but it seems like it should help. And "heel that pain" inserts, which I've got in a pair of old running shoes that I'm wearing everywhere. And I made an appointment to see the doctor of sports injury magic the week after my marathon.

I'm going for the "kitchen sink" approach. Also known as "desperate girl wants to run".

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ended up running 10.2.

Quincy is is fine today. Yesterday he just wanted his 'mommy' so he needed me until he finally threw up. Then all better. He only cuddled after that. Tonight he better sleep!

Marjorie

signing up at 4pm today for North Country Trail half.  Next August 22. They reopen registration at 4pm EST today until sold out.

NOT doing the 50 miles.  Doing a very pretty marathon then drinking beer and smugly watching 50 milers stagger in.

Lisa

GRR.. this RD bugs me.  Opened at 4pm.  I was in the site filling out form. all spinning wheels and submitting done at 4:02 and waitlisted.  Really.

Just saw this on their FB page:

Please note that you are going to get a wait list notification no matter if you are first or last, our registration team is approving applications right and left until all 3 distances are filled and then you get a confirmation you are in. All confirmations will be sent throughout the hour. You are not charged until we approve your registration.

BTW.. REI has great Labor Day sale going on.  Picked up Moving Comfort Phoebe bras for $17 each. 

6.25 this morning with run buddy.  Her 100 is next weekend.

Karen-I used the sock and it worked.  Took a year but PF was gone.  Actually it went away after I ran the marathon.  I guess compared to everything else hurting from my first full, PF was nothing.  Can tell you are both tapering and "injured" (not really injured)... nice to see so much of you!

Damaris-hope the travel stuff gets worked out fast!

Lisa