Womens Running

FABULOUS FriYAY (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

YEAH BUDDY!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

18.2 for me!

Pretty good run, physically. Mentally I was having trouble towards the end. I just wanted it to be over and knew I was running late. But..overall it was good! Weather was in the 40's so it was PERFECT.

I walked in the door at 6:45 but somehow made it to work by 7:30. Not sure how that happened. I shoved breakfast down my throat, took a shower, threw my hair in a ponytail, and got dressed all in under 45 minutes. Whew! That was my cross training for today. Hahaha.

Not sure if I will make it the whole day. I could NOT SLEEP last night!! I remembered a whole bunch of crap I had to do today (or I would have called out) and I was getting anxiety over it. I probably got about 2 hours. 2 hour sleep + 18 miles = DEAD. LOL. HCBF did come home last night..so that woke me up, too. Maybe I will ask to leave around lunch time. I am taking dayquil because I can feel I am coming down with something. Scratchy throat and bad acid reflex. Always get acid reflex before I get sick for some reason.

Karen – I envy you in that you are comfortable to run without a top on! NICE miles! I think I have that exact workout next week…or in one of my upcoming peak weeks. Awe, poor Riley!!! I am surprised he cared much since he was at daycare all day. Ruger tends to not follow me around after daycare because he is so exhausted. I wish I didn’t have to wear anything other than SWEAT PANTS.

Docket – Yay! Awesome treadmill run. Love that new shirt with grumpy Bugsy Smile I hesitated over the KY run because I figured it would be HOT. Hmm..when I say KY run it takes my mind to a different place. LOL. And then you mentioned vibrate..geez Darmaris you are putting my mind in the gutter. Wink

Sandy – WAY TO GO!!!! WOHOOOO nice job on the 9! Its hard to get out there at a time you aren’t used too. Out of your comfort zone kind of thing. Glad you did it! What are you up to this weekend?!

Tessa – Oh man. That new office setup sucks. Sorry. Sad At least you get to WFH one day a week. Is that mandatory? I would love to have that option. In fact, I have told Mammel that I will never put down OT if he lets me WFH every Friday. You know, there are other things you could do on your own to be active. Just saying. Okay, my mind is in the gutter already I better stop. Woohoo for you WFH today!

Looking forward to BURGERS tonight! I have been craving them. Dont worry Sandy, I am saving the spaghetti for after my 20 miler next week Smile Happy Friday!!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday I was able to finally get 30 minutes of cardio dvd work done. Groceries done.

Today is classes, yoga, ghost hunting, tea history, genealogy and a TM run. I must dash!

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

Arimathea, DH's company made the switch to no assigned desks a year or so ago. It sort of makes sense for the group he works for as a lot of them may be based in Baltimore but spend the bulk of their time traveling. DH pretty much works from home now. I think he spends more time in the Chicago area office than the lical one. It eounds like people still claim spaces as theirs.

Seloc

Lizzie!!  OMG I'm cracking up at you.  Sounds like SOMEONE needs a little action (if ya catch my drift) haha.  Hope you can get OUTA there at noon.  No sleep and 18miles is exhausting!!  Those tops you posted yesterday are cute!  Though not sure they are my style.  But, I can just hear my sister telling me to wear something like that.  She's always trying to change me haha.  Oh, and yep.  I woke up at 2am and thought "hmmm Lizzie is running right now."  Then, when my alarm went off at 4:40 I thought "aaaaaaaaaaaaaand she's still running"  LOL  I have absolutely ZERO plans this weekend.  Other than to run 14 or so miles.  Kinda boring for sure.  I'll end up watching some of the Masters.  Yeahhhhhhhhh ya wonder why I'm still single haha.

Tessa - oh boy, I don't think I would like that office setup.  I wouldn't want anyone making a mess in my space!  Like HCK mentioned about her DH, I suspect I would end up WFH more.  But, maybe that's not an option.  And WFH gets sorta boring for me.  Enjoy it today!  And here's hoping you don't go in to a disaster on Monday.

Karen - hey mileage twin!  Woohoo I feel pretty cool running the same miles as you!  But, mine were easy miles so I ain't that cool.    That's great that your meeting the other night was fun and productive!  Awwww poor RIley.  He sure loves his mama!!

Damaris - way to go on the 15!!  What does that mean about lowering the TM a click?  Non-dreadmill runner here   I laughed at your InB top of Bugsy!  That is so awesome!

Judy - ghost hunting??!!

Still feeling pretty proud of myself for getting in 9mi on a Thursday evening LOL  TRX/Bells class this morning.  A tough one!  But, luckily more arms than legs.  Though the legs feel surprisingly good.  So, I'm pretty sure I'm going to the memorial run in the morning.  Even though it's only going to be 10*.  UGH.  It shouldn't be too bad until I stop.  Then it will be how quickly I can get out of the wet sports bra before the uncontrollable shivering begins.  Doing that IN the car is challenging but I'm going to be fully prepared to just strip behind the door or something cuz I fear that cold SO much!  LOL  Almost the weekend - yay!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and weights.

Liz, LOL at your dirty mind.  Nice run.

Judy, enjoy your busy day.

Sandy, making it faster by one push of the button (downwards = faster).

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

Yes Tessa the night hours....I only want to get a 50k's worth of miles and I think at night that would take the 12 hours.  Not sure I'll like the cold so I might find one in the summer/early fall instead.

I've been sick since Wed so not much to post.  Good day to you all.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Woohooo I am getting out of here shortly. Going to head to the running store and then the grocery before heading home. Looking forward to a long ass nap.

Judy – I am with Sandy, ghost hunting!!??! I wanna go!

Sandy – Hey, you should be proud of yourself for getting that 9 in yesterday afternoon! On the rare occasion that I do an evening run – I am always so proud of myself. It is really hard to get motivated after working all day! Way to go!!! You wear what you want to wear SmileCan’t change someone’s style. You are sweet to think of me in the middle of the night hahah. Nice job getting to the class this morning! I love working arms. When I do Body Pump I usually do lighter than usual weights on the legs but heavvvyyyy on the arms.  I am happy that you decided to go tomorrow! Running with people will help the miles be not so bad since it will be so cold.  Oh, and to your statement at the beginning of your personal – YES. YES I DO!!! Let’s remember he was sick last weekend. Wink

Docket – Run rest day? WOOT WOOT.

Diane – Oh no!! I hope you feel better!! I started coughing and feeling like crap not too long ago. Probably the crazy weather.

I will catch up with you ladies later!

Arimathea

Tessa

Working from home today -- and they forgot to remind us that they were going to move the servers today. So we have very spotty access to our files. Also the phones will be down for a few hours, we have softphones on the computers with headsets to do the actual talking/listening and those are also being moved today.

WFH once a week will not be mandatory, company policy encourages colleagues to come into the office unless traveling because they believe it fosters collaboration. However, I've proven I can work from home reliably and get a lot done, so I should be able to WFH one day a week. I was doing it a lot more when DH was in hospice care. It depends very much on the person and on the manager.

Kupcakes, I'm sure people still lay claim to an area as  "mine". We are expecting that to happen. I'm guessing it will be something like college -- the desk or seat you sit in the first day becomes your seat for the semester, even though there are no assigned seats. I see the same thing in the adult ed classes I teach. I know that reading around the table it's Nancy, Claudia, Nala, Andrew, Stan, Maribel, Carol, and Irene every week, in that order, although there was never a discussion as to who was to sit where. However we have been warned that any personal items left at workstations will be put into Lost and Found at the end of the day, so no staking out one's "spot" with a pen holder or coffee cup.

Liz, congratulations on the 18+, hope you do not get sick. I could not do that before going to work -- for one thing I don't run that fast!

Judy, nice work on the cardio DVD, have fun at the classes. (Does the instructor start the ghost hunting class by playing the theme from "Ghostbusters"?)

Sandy, I agree WFH can get boring, but it's a nice change for one or two days a week. Especially since I have a long commute. Cats like it too. Glad you got the 9 miles in last night. Um, strip out of everything including a sports bra between car doors in that cold? Not me Coach.  Could you pull a big sweatshirt over your head, not sticking your head out the top or arms into the sleeves, and then remove the sports bra under that and then stick head and arms in the appropriate places so you don't have to bare your upper torso to the cold? I would rather drive home braless than get half nekkid in those temperatures.

Damaris, downwards = faster? Not on the TMs I use, so that would be challenging to deal with. Especially if switching back and forth between the gym TM and the home one.

Diane, I know you are short on PTO, however there is Nanny Goat in Riverside (CA) that has either the 24 hour option or two 12 hours, 8 AM-8 AM or 8 AM-8 PM then 8 PM-8 AM, that might be a setup to look for. I agree that getting the nighttime 12 hours would help increase comfort level as far as running trails in the dark. I would definitely prefer not to run trails in the dark around here in the summer because that's when the rattlers come out. They sleep during the day and then emerge to hunt at night when it's cooler.

5.4 this morning before starting work -- and I had to get back on time because I had a conference call. Now trying to work without access to most files on the computer. Fortunately I have plenty I can do and I brought printouts home! Book club tonight. We read "The Alice Network" which was interesting, I'm looking forward to talking about it.

Docket_Rocket

LOL, you are right.  UPWARDS.  That's what I get for drafting a pleading and talking about the downward spiral of the case and posting here.

You should be able to WFH.  I am also more efficient there than here, but whatever.  The old guard executives need to get on with the program.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Just an easy 5 around my neighborhood this morning. DH got home around noon - he noticed the countertops I super-cleaned and sealed in the kitchen, but he has not noticed that I replaced the toilet seat. And he's gone to the bathroom at least twice.

Liz, 18 before work. You are are tough. But we all know that. Now don't get sick. I wouldn't call my running shirtless confidence, it was more like overdressed (this particular shirt seemed to trap the sweat inside) and feeling almost sick after the first interval, realizing the trail was pretty empty and I didn't know any of the people I did see, and accepting that all my extra weight is settled around my stomach since menopause hit so I just didn't look down. On clothes, a few weeks ago one of my neighbors was coming home from work and I was walking to the mailboxes. She stopped, rolled down her window and said "i almost didn't recognize you because you're wearing real clothes!"

Judy, enjoy the classes and hope you fit a TM run in.

Sandy, you should be proud of 9 after work. I have trouble running in the evening and I don't have a job. Yeah, if you can just get that sports bra off before you start to shiver, it should do wonders. Weird weather for us tomorrow. It will be around 70 at 7 am when the group meets, but then dropping all day. If it were just me I'd wait to run, but I think it's going to be a pretty small group (a couple of them are running a half on Sunday) so I should go and run with whoever shows up.

Damaris, well, your marathon is about two weeks after mine, so if you don't see mile repeats next week, there's probably a good chance you'll see them the following week. Or if not that, some sort of tortuous workout about 10 days out. Because it felt like a good workout for where I'm at in the taper. WFH does seem to be growing in popularity, I remember when my old boss in DC retired, she was so proud of herself for negotiating a good deal on a long-term lease on the office space. The new boss (close to 30 years younger) came in and was horrified we were stuck in a long-term lease because with Metro getting worse, parking costs out of control, and technology getting better, she's thinking they won't need most of that space as most people will eventually be working from home most of the time.

Diane, sorry you're sick. I hope you feel better soon.

Tessa, that sucks that your office is going that way. Almost all of the ExMob new campus was originally going to be that way, but before the big move somebody thankfully decided that was dumb, so now most people have their own workspace. DH was kicked out of his spot in one building because he was moving to the campus, but then some other group took the space he was going (I guess his boss doesn't much care about these things since she's in Canada and doesn't have to worry about workspace herself), so now he just has the community area in both places. Which is one reason I hear a lot of conference calls like the one in the background right now.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

Tessa the rattlers do the same here...they like the heated rocks/road after they've been baking in the sun...At least the one in Nov the snakes will be hibernating hopefully.  When is the Nanny Goat?  I have to see what happens with my dad, he's not doing well and I need to go home for a week or so.

It's possible it's just allergies going crazy from the blooming crap, the crazy winds blowing stuff from other areas plus the weird hours doing the cash count.  I was volunteering at a road race Sat but the weather will be so bad they cancelled it.  I even rescheduled my oil change as I plan on sleeping most of the weekend when I'm not doing my walking.  It's not in my chest areas so I'm just taking it easy.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Thanks Karen and Sandy for forcing me to go to the running store. LOL. They took a scan of my feet and watched me walk around and stuff. Still neutral over here. Smile She did mention that I have a very narrow foot (which I know Cathy does too, which probably explains our similar shoe selections Wink ) so the reason why the Wave Riders work so well is from that cushion in there. She said Saucony's have been going with a wider forefoot lately - which I actually like, but not for longer runs or speed work. I want my foot to be nice and snug in there. Anyway, she gave me some options and I ended up buying the Asics Nimbus 20. Yeah, those are going to have to go back. I just can't swallow spending $160 on shoes right now. Especially because I use them up so quickly. I have vacations coming! Smile I am going to return these and get one of the other options she mentioned that are a little cheaper - Mizuno Shadow or I saw Mizuno Sky's were on sale at Holabird Sports. VERY glad that I went!

Came home and took a 3 hour nap. Feel much better just drained.

Tessa - I have never heard of soft phones before. Interesting. Yes, I say WFH as much as you can! Nice to be able to have that option. I am betting everyone will sit in their same spot every day too. I notice that in my exercise classes! They lay claim! Rattlers on the trails at night!? Oh boy. Now I def won’t do trail running. Haha Wink Nice miles before work. Hope you are able to get some stuff done with the network and file issues! What do you have planned for this weekend?

Docket - YES the older generation needs to get with the WTH program!!!!! Mammal has issues with it too.

Karen - I am dying laughing. I think its so funny that DH hasn’t noticed the toilet seat!! LOL! You worked so hard on it!! You should ask him how his butt felt. LOL. Too funny about your neighbor not recognizing you in real clothes Smile BTW - if I look like you when menopause hits, I will be pretty damn EXCITED. Our temps are going to be the exact same tomorrow. Starting warm and then falling all day. But we will have rain and snow. Are you doing anything fun this weekend besides the group run??

Diane - Could very well be the blooming crap blowing around! My car is yellow from pollen! Ugh. I hope you feel better. Sleeping all weekend sounds perfect.

One more run tomorrow. Going to be pouring the entire time. I am so excited...

Have a great evening, all!

Docket_Rocket

Karen, sounds good!  I'll regret I said that, lol.  Sounds like a waste of $ to have all that space anyway.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

So glad it's the weekend. Got in 8 miles after work with 2 x 15 minutes at HM pace. It was actually spring like.

Seloc, I completely changed in the car after my trail race in February. I had a towel over my lap to deal with the pants and just sort of bent down to take off the sports bra/put on a new one. The guys changing a few cars down potentially may have gotten a flash of boob. Whatever. We're all adults, I'm sure they've seen them before.

Arimathea, DH has mentioned when one VP is in, everyone tries to sit close to him. DH doesn't really complain about the lack of an assigned space. He doesn't like that they have went with sit/stand desks in the cubes. Apparently if you stand and use the phone, EVERYONE can hear you because the cubes aren't that high.

AnonymousGuest, how can he not notice the toilet seat? Usually old ones start to feel a little warped/molded to your body.

DHuffman, hope you feel better.

Lizzie, I find the Wave Sky is wider than the Rider. They are also slightly lower drop and heavier. I'm not a fan.