Womens Running

Wandering Week-end (over 40) (Read 16 times)

Bikerchick1

Tessa - Good luck to you DD,DS on the trip to the in-laws.

Karen - Good job on the 5 am run Smile   When I get up early and run I usually feel great until about 3 pm....then I get sleepy.

Not sure if anyone is racing this week-end???

I am wandering thru the Forest with RB's for 16 miles....

Carol

Driving dd to airport then off to run Potto.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm off to run trying to beat the storm brewing. But, I'm guessing I will get wet.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning! Did 3 last night after Pilates.  Planning on some miles with hubby or 5 solo tonight.

Carol, enjoy the 16.

Lisa, good luck!

Marjorie, enjoy the run.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

9.1. Beat the rain. Just some light drizzle mike 2 to 3. Now puppy pool

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Running 8 in a bit. I thought about doing my long run today since I'm racing tomorrow, but I'm just wiped out and don't think 15 faster paced miles will happen. And I'm thinking of blowing off the race. It's an hour and a half away and packet pickup ends a 7 am. So I'd have to leave no later than 5 and because I'm me, I'd probably leave even earlier. And there's an 80% chance of rain. And the thought of racing 2.5-3 hours just sounds exhausting. I need to get back on track and get a bunch of stuff done around the house.

Hot race director is currently four and a half hours into Burning River 100 and in 12th place.

Tessa, that is great that DD contacted DH's relatives. I hope it goes well. Your DD is a good one.

Nice run Marjorie, hope Carol and Lisa are having good ones too.

Hope yours goes well tonight Damaris. Good suggestions about telling my Pilates instructor about my painful foot/probable PF. After the hour with her yesterday I was walking pain free. And it wasn't as bad this morning as it has been the last couple days. I love the feeling after a good Pilates session, a little wiped out and sore, but relaxed.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

Good morning, runners.  I am sitting here trying to decide what to do today.  I'm scheduled for 8 but slept poorly, woke up at 4 am and feel so tired. I am thinking of waiting until tomorrow when I might be able to have a better run. There is yogalates at the Y later and Karen's comment has me thinking of trying that...

Karen, it sounds like you need the rest more than the run.  After all, you did 6 hours last week.

Demaris, I will admit it was fun looking thru the pics again.  : )  The one I planned to post is in a collection of ADN's of the race and I couldn't get the link for only that one.

Carol, have a great day wandering  in the forest. : )

Lisa, it sounds like you have a great day ahead, too.

Marjorie, I'm glad you beat the rain.

Bikerchick1

Lisa - when I saw your FB post about your run...I was SCARED... seriously that was some fast miles....then realized it wasn't as it seemed....

Marjorie - Glad you beat the rain!

Damarias - Hope you get your 5 in tonight.

Karen - Sounds like you need a little R&R, not doing the race might be the best decision.

Camille - Yogalates - woohoo, I love my Yogalates class!  I have missed a few weeks as I have had to fit my biking in somewher, but after Tri next week....it is back to Yogalates!  Hope you got some rest.

Did 16 in the Forest today, it was beautiful.  I tried some Endurolytes capsules - I am not sure if they helped, but I felt great during, and after the run.  Have been cleaning the house like a crazy women all afternoon!

Carol

camille2

I did the run and it was my best in a while. I was slow this morning, but finally realized  that I'm supposed to hike 15 mi  on Monday if the weather is good and prob shouldn't do the run the day before it.   I decided to just start and it turned out to be fun.  I went exploring...took the Coastal Trail to Ship Creek to check out the salmon fishing.  The fishing had been hot on Thursday, but was dead today. Ship Creeks is the ugliest part of Anchorage-industrial area-but has a good salmon run and a bike/running path.  I also ran into a Backroad's guy and talked to him about their trips.

Carol, they have both a Yogalates and an Insanity class that look good, but so far, it's been too nice when they've been scheduled to want to be inside. The rainy season starts soon, though, so I'll have the opportunity again. Good to know you like them. I'm impressed you're not collapsed on the sofa after your run.

It's still nice out...so I'm headed out again.

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I got out this morning for 6.3 miles - it's a cutback week on our plan. Felt pretty good - it was cool and misty. I know it's been a less-than-ideal summer for some of you, but it's been a very manageable summer running-wise for me!

I'm looking for some advice. I keep getting headaches after my long runs, and I can't figure out what the issue is. I'm pretty sure it's not a hydration issue - I've been really diligent about drinking plenty of water, both throughout the day and after I run. I can't figure out what's causing them - not eating enough? Not eating soon enough? Not eating the right things? Anyone else have the same issues? What do you eat/drink after you run? I welcome any advice anyone might have.

Marjorie - hope you were able to stay dry.

Karen - sounds like ditching the race might be the right choice. BTW I loved the eye candy!!

Lisa - that looked like quite the run! Wink

Tessa - I keep meaning to ask, have you read the new Diana Gabaldon book yet? I noticed it at the library today.

Carol - I'm always beat in the afternoon when I run early. I took a nap this afternoon while DH took the boys to a movie.

Damaris - glad that you seem to be recovered.

Camille - yay for the good run. I hope the weather for your hike on Monday is good.

Off to go to bed. We're working our way through the show The Americans, which is good but very dark! Everyone enjoy Sunday-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Good run this morning but the fun happened when we stopped and I looked at MapMyRun.  First off we were surprised by 10 miles. Hmm...felt longer than that but ok.  Then looked at the map and apparently the gps dropped because we seemingly ran a straight line thru trees and a lake. At a 9:19 min/mile pace. Ha!

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Cindy, if it's an exertion migraine, I have had those and am not sure what to tell you. They suck. I wind up taking a lot of ibuprofen and/or lying down with an ice pack.

And yes I have read the new Diana Gabaldon. Costco stocked it as soon as it came out. I snapped it up. I did have to go back and read he previous one, though.

Karen, I think I would probably blow off the race.

Lunch with DH's family went well. SIL brought her daughter and grandson and I brought DS and DD. A little awkward at first, but we all have the same goal -- getting along -- and we were all glad we did it. We wil be going to her home next week and seeing more of the family. I don't envy her at all deciding whether or not to tell MIL that her oldest son is dead. It's up to them, I wil go along with whatever they decide.

9.5 this morning. Citrus pick was canceled, so did more work. I still need to finish writing a final.

I can assure you that there is no rail/trail on the Potto trail.  Time was off (watch said 3:06 so no idea how app came up with 1:34 duration-clearly it turned off at pretty much the halfway point then back on at the finish) so that pace is not reality.

Carol-paces below for the first 8 miles (in 2 mile increments for some reason) are true pace.  Still actually fairly good for Potto with me in the lead and walking every hill. Wanted to be sure you felt better about our upcoming run.  LOL  I promise not to teleport 2 miles at a time though like miles 8-10 in 0 minutes.  ha!

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Cindy - On the headaches could electrolytes be the cause?  What are you doing for nutrition?  I have never had headaches, but sometimes have nausea.  Yesterday tried Endurolytes caps for the first time and was really happy with them.  When is your Marathon?

Tessa - Glad things went well meeting DH family.  I think that will be nice for your DD/DS to have a connection to their father.

Lisa - You can teleport us across any miles you would like!!!

It is amazing the difference my body feels after running 16 in the trails instead of pounding the pavement, in a good way.  Today hoping to get  DH out to do some hiking or biking somewhere....he would most like to sit and read/watch TV    Wish me luck....

Carol

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ended up with 5 miles last night and for the first time in forever, I felt great.  I didn't realize how much work and other stressors had drained me mentally and physically.  So, taking things easy and starting my Chicago training plan tomorrow with the Coach giving me less miles because that's what I need at this point.

Today, it will be a bike ride or a short run (4 miles or so).

Marjorie, nice 9 before the rain.

Karen, hope the 8 went well.  Hope you feel better.  I assume the training effort is taking a bit of a toll?  Good luck today if you decide to race.  Please read my question for Tessa and if you have any tips, help!

Camille, share the pics, woman! Hope you feel better today.

Carol, sounds like a great 16.

Cindy, nice run.

Lisa, nice!

Tessa, nice run and meet with the family.  Hope the final goes well.  BTW, not sure if I mentioned that I registered for my first 50 in March.  I don't think I'll have time for a formal plan, as I have a bunch of marathons and a 50K in January and February that I assume will help with the training.  But I do have a question:  When I did my technical 50K that lasted 8 hours, I only ate my gels and a bit of M&Ms, but I am more worried about a 12-15 hour run and food.  I can tolerate food, but will it be necessary?  Any other tips will be really appreciated.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page