Womens Running

Finally Friday (Over 40) (Read 21 times)

So sad about the souls on the plane.

Susan-nice work out day and sidewalk sale find!

Tessa-next race for you?

Marjorie-alligators?  I'll stick with Snow White animal sightings like squirrels, skunks, bunnies, and deer.  hope Quincy has quick recovery.

Cindy-congrats on your anniversary!

Heading out for some solo miles in fall like 50's.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Terrible things in the news. Very sad.

Thursday I had a nice walk at lunch to do an errand, then 40 minutes of running after work at the track. It's good to be "back in the saddle again." It helps me to stay on an even keel.

My very good friend brought me a comfort basket to work yesterday. It had decorative flowers, a tea holder, a dish to hold a used tea bag, excellent tea bags, a jar of preserves, dish rag and pot holder that she made. Very comforting indeed.

Track run today after work.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Last nights run was fabulous. Amazing what lower humidity will do. Temperature was actually about 10 degrees higher than Tuesday's tough run, but the dew point was in the mid-50s, as opposed to the mid-70s of Tuesday. Breezed through the 10, averaging 7:54 I think for the 6 MP miles in the middle.

Judy, glad you're getting back on track. It does help. And what a nice basket from your friend!

Lisa, enjoy the run. Wait, you posted a few hours ago, hope you enjoyed the run.

Cindy, happy anniversary yesterday!

Tessa, your calendar sync suggestion would be good for most people. However, this is the man that realized after comparing calendars and schedules and finding a week we could both go to Houston, that he would be missing two bike races he wanted to do. And since Southwest flies into the other inconvenient airport in the Houston area (Hobby), we are flying United, with a $200 change fee. He was the one that wanted to go down there for longer, including a weekend. So now I'm going down on a Friday, looking at houses with the realtor, and he's flying down Sunday night, $247 later. He apparently only looked at his work calendar, not his calendar with cycling events.

8 easy on the schedule tonight. Tomorrow morning is the fourth race in my running club series, a one mile race. That should be fun.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

TGIF!!!  Easy swim this morning.  Rain is moving in.  Blech.  Supposed to rain all weekend.  We had planned a long ride at dawn tomorrow, but will have to wait and see with the weather.

Judy--I am just now catching up on the blog.  I am so sorry about the passing of your husband last week.  Hugs to you!

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!!

ginnyb

Morning all,

Lisa....yes, I prefer little furry critters to running into an alligator thank you very much.

Susan....nice work, you are doing great.

Cindy...hope you had a nice anniversary.

Judy...how thoughtful of your friend to make you a comfort basket, it sounds perfect!

Karen...sorry about DH's thoughtlessness....they are all jerks sometimes.

I had another fabulous 3 mile run this morning.  Wouldn't it be nice if these great runs never ended?  We all know that's not gonna happen, but I sure am enjoying this for now.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2. Cut two different toes. Great times. Left foot nail rub of little toe against the fourth. Right foot I tripped on sidewalk. Didn't fall but right big toe slammed hard against my shoe. Blood on both socks. Great times. Both were between mile 6 and 7.

Back later for personals.

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Lisa and Tessa thanks. Quincy is doing fine. Wouldn't know they drained them other than the three scabs he has now. He was fine a few minutes after they stopped messing with them.

Lisa yes. We have several alligators. They hang out in the ponds and keep to themselves. We rid have to have one destroyed last year because it had lost its fear of humans and had killed a dog. Wranglers are expensive but the hoa had to get the tag from the state to have permission to destroy the gator and pay the wrangler. They don't relocate them. They won't allow for them to be destroyed unless they show aggression towards humans. This one did and had gotten the poor dog.

Nice gift Judy

Karen yes the dew point lower really helps

Ginny congrats on another great run.

Marjorie

Karen-sheesh.  My iPhone 4S combines both my work outlook calendar and my personal phone calendar.  Not that tough to do.  Ironically, dd is driving up from Houston to Ohio starting on Wednesday otherwise I would say to connect with her down there.  7:54 MP? ah.. to dream.

Sue-hope the weather holds out for your ride tomorrow.

Ginny-yeah on the good run!

Marjorie-I'll deal with deer flies for the few weeks we have them thank you.  Not sure what the alligator version of Deer Fly Tap would be but the image of Gator Tape certainly wouldn't work. LOL

3.5 this morning.  Only niggle I have is right ankle a bit.  will roll tonight.  I did feel Achilles not being so happy with some of those climbs last Saturday.  Some had to be either sideways foot or ball of foot climbs since so steep of trail.

Lisa

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, tape that has alligators sticking to it? No thank you.

Next race? Bogus Marathon. I kid you not.That's its name. http://www.bogusmarathon.com/ First year for the full. Last year they had 34 finishers in the half. I found it on the Maniacs calendar, it hasn't even been listed in marathonguide.com. But it's the right weekend and it's a state I don't have yet (Idaho).

Karen, still not sure how he managed to miss two races.And having more than one calendar can be a problem. Good luck with the house hunting. BTW, do you have Utah? I know you have Nevada.

Susan, I was wondering, I didn't think you were LDS.

Judy, how nice of your friend to bring you a comfort basket.

Susan, ugh on raining all weekend, hope you have lots of quilting to keep you busy.

Ginny, you have been having some nice runs lately!

Marjorie, sorry about the cut toes. Hope they heal quickly.

7 this morning, then worked from home because we had the old roof torn off today. New roof next week, I hope! 5 this afternoon in conjunction with a visit to TJ's.