Womens Running

Now today is THURSDAY (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Thursday Thursday!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

Ah...feels good not to run. Did not feel good stubbing my pinky toe on the side of the bed for the 3rd day in a row. I heard a weird sound this time and it is now swollen and purple.  Lets hope for the sake of everyone that I can still run on it. LOL.

Still very humid here. There is no chance for a good hair day - ha! But we should actually see that big yellow thing in the sky for the first time in 5 days!!! YAY!!

Not sure if I will do the 20 tomorrow or Saturday. We are celebrating my dad's 84th birthday Saturday with a seafood boil! YUM!!! We are also meeting with a photographer Saturday. Actually we have wedding appointments tomorrow, Saturday, and Monday. It is beginning! I will set my alarm for early in the morning tomorrow and see how I feel Smile

Diane – Oh wow, a veil wreath sounds really pretty!! There is something to having a low key wedding..the parents want this big more than HCF and I haha.

Run4kupcakes – Nice miles yesterday!

Tessa – I think they said the one time cash out option was like, 350 million. I mean…I would take it. LOL. You got asked out on a date on your run yesterday?!?! How did that even happen?! Did you stop and chat? Haha that is funny.

HAPPY THURSDAY!!!!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7 with strides tonight.

Liz, of FFS.  Hope you didn't break it!

Damaris

dhuffman63

Trails

I did 2 miles on the TM and then 5 min on the rowing machine last night.  Have 5 miles tonight.  Waiting to see what the weather will be sunday but I'd like to get out on my road first thing if no Tstorms.

Tessa...lol...on the track thing.  Never done it so who knows.  I have been thinking about seeing if I could do 12 hours on my TM.  You know just cause.

I'll be back later for personals.  Have to reboot.

ginnyb

Leg day today, but trainer couldn't make it, so I just worked on my own.  Not as good of a workout, but at least I did it, usually I would just skip it if he couldn't be there.

Liz, ouch on the toe, hope you can run.  Even if you did break it there isn't much you can do except tape it to your other toe.  My toes are all crooked now from stubbing and probably breaking.  Sounds like you have a very busy weekend.  I think I would get the run done with on Saturday.

Tessa....asked out while running?  there ya go!

Hi Diane and Damaris.

I will come back later.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, you might try taping the little toe (self adhering tape) to the next 2 toes if it bothers you. Open toe shoes or thongs help around home. They DO swell.

Seloc, Menard’s seems to have an odd mix of stuff…window blinds and snack food and vitamins? We already have Home Depot and Lowe’s.

Bikerchick1, running toughens us up nicely!

Ginny, we have a big Dick’s but the clothes are in really drab colors now. Expensive too. My shoes are the only thing I buy there except pepper spray. DC likes the golf stuff. I think we break toes much more often than we realize. 

Arimathea, a LFL has sprung up in DC’s neighborhood but it needs to be moved to a place where someone can put a car. However, anyone in the neighborhood could walk to it. I’m glad to see them. Congrats on the invite for a date. 

Wednesday was a good quick 35 minute trail run. I saw human friends, 3 deer (at least 1 buck), the ospreys, and a fox squirrel with a totally off white tail. Fox squirrels have moved in here. They are bigger than our greys and blacks.

Today was a quick 25 minute run on the TM because I frantically needed time to clean up. Water is turned off again today. They are working on a really big pipe connection.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Seloc

Damaris – LOL on opening a packet of cheese and your kit kats come running.  I laughed at that owl post on FB the other day!  How are you feeling?  Have a good 7 later.

Kat – yep, Culver’s here though I have never been.  Might have tried their custard once but that’s it.  Cheese curds I usually save for the MN State Fair – they are fantastic there.  Nice you have picked up some shifts!  RBs leftovers were delish!  Not sure why her family didn’t like it.  Of course, any time anyone cooks for me I love love LOVE it!  Helps that I’m not at all picky either.  I’ve done grocery delivery before.  I don’t like paying the $5 delivery fee and also tipping the driver but otherwise it’s okay.  I’ll do it this time just because it’s easier.

Karen – “much cooler”??  Um, nope LOL.  How you do that is beyond me.  Good luck with your double digits today!  Yeah, it’s not super easy to live without a car.  And most people in the ‘burbs like me would never even consider it.  I do ride the bus to the end of the line and then have about a mile to walk.  So thankful for the ride into work.  I could take the bus into the office but the first one doesn’t leave until I like to be here.  I could come in later but that means staying later which I’m not a fan of.  I biked to the liquor store yesterday haha.  I know the guys there and made sure to tell them why I was biking and that it wasn’t because my license was revoked or something.

Laura – whew on the close call with the pit stop!  And nice running as always.  Wow sounds like a bit more work for you since you are the seasoned veteran?  Hopefully you like the 2 you have been assigned to work with?  Anything fun planned for the weekend?

Cathy – nice run yesterday!!  And good call on rounding up .01 haha.  I didn’t know Menard’s HQ was EC.  I shake my head at that store and call it the “man’s store” haha.  Although, funny enough, awhile back when Karen was talking about her horseradish potato chips I found some there of all places haha.  Hey, that’s kinda my schedule, too, with dinner early and then not eating again until after morning run.  Sometimes I get hungry, too.  I suppose since it’s been 12-14 hours.

Ginny – I just had a bleu cheese stuffed burger on Monday night and it was fantastic!!  Awww bummer you didn’t get to look for shoes and Dick’s was a pain in the ass.  If it’s any consolation, those kids would have annoyed the crap out of me as well.  So I guess I’m already old and crotchety!  Nice job getting the leg work done without the trainer!  That’s tough.

Diane – whoa, 50 mi on a track?  Sounds torturous LOL  Nice job getting your miles in.  Hope you can get out on your road this weekend.  OMG 12 hours on a treadmill??  Holy crap shoot me now LOL

Lizzie – how were your cheeseburgers??  Notice the plural as in hopefully you ate more than one hee hee.  Yep, I’ve done grocery delivery before.  It’s okay but I’m happy to have the option right now.  LOL on HCF and “breasts” hahahahaha  Yeah, I don’t really like that word either.  Kinda goes with moist.  OUCH on stubbing the pinky toe!  Hope it heals fast.  Sounds like a busy but fun weekend!  I’ve never done a seafood boil – it sounds awesome.

HCK – 7mi of loops with that killer workout??  You rock!!

Tessa – oh I’m with you on your work.  It SUCKS coming back to a pile!  Nice you can work from DDs – am I right that she is working, too, anyway?  Asked on a date while out running??  Okay, do tell more on that!!

Judy – haha you are right about Menards.  A very eclectic mix of things.  I call it the man’s store because men (at least many I know) can spend hour and HOURS in there.  I sorta think it has all that range of products so it can be a one stop shop for a man!  Haha  Menard’s has been here as long as I remember.  Makes sense if their HQ is only a couple hours away.  HD came probably 20 years ago and Lowe’s within the last 5 or so?  Oh!  I thought of you yesterday morning when I saw a family of raccoons cross the path in front of me.  3 babies look to be adolescents now haha

3 easy peasy miles for me.  Was considering a rest day because I’m running long tomorrow but it was just too nice of a day to pass up.  Plus my ride to work was leaving later than usual so what else was I to do.  I will not tell you the weather for fear of you banning me from the board.  Love getting a ride to work.  Bus home is um interesting.  Very interesting people for sure.  It’s the local and I take it to the end of the line.  Chiro after work.  Luckily it’s on the same bus line.  Was supposed to go to this lunar eclipse wine and yoga tomorrow evening but now that I don’t have a vehicle not sure how that is going to work.  The friend that invited me is probably not going to be too keen on picking me up.  Eh not a big deal.  Saturday morning I’m helping at a water stop but plan to bike over there – 14mi or so.  Otherwise I’ll be a homebody again which is okay by me.  Later, peeps!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Diane, nice job on the row and run.

Ginny, nice job doing it nonetheless.

Judy, at least you got it done!

Sandy, nice 3.  Feeling OK, but I think my husband gave me his cold.  Or I'm just tired today, ha.

Damaris

ginnyb

Now you all know I am a little crazy when it comes to being cold, but we brought in a thermometer to work and put it at our desk, it is 58 degrees in here!!!  Now I am sorry, but this is ridiculous!  I just went to sit in my car on break to get warm!  I am not being unreasonable!  I am going to turn blue soon and so is my coworker!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Quick post and run. 10.5 miles for me, went surprisingly well. Riley mile in the middle - he's getting better at running with me, but he's still faster than I like to go when running longer. I think I'm going to increase his mileage a bit.

My bike trainer came yesterday and DH set it up for me. I'm planning on trying it out tomorrow.

Ginny, that is insane! No wonder you're always cold in there! I'd be in fleece, gloves and possibly a hat. With a blanket.

Liz, hope the toe isn't broken, but like others have said, not much you can do even if it is. Tape it to the next toe, if it really hurts you may have to take a few days off, but even then, with taping you should be able to run on it again pretty quickly.

Hi to all!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

36 minute jog for me this morning.  Like Sandy, I will not comment on the weather.     My missing heater/fan made it's way back!  The office manager sent another email on Monday.  Later that day, one of the guys in the cubicles in the back of the room heard someone near him in one of the empty cubes.  When he looked in there, he saw my fan!  I am guessing whomever took it ditched it there since there were people near my cubicle and he didn't want to be spotted returning it.  

Lizzie, ouch on the toe!  Hopefully it will be better tomorrow morning!  Your dad's bday celebration sounds like it will be fun!  Busy with wedding stuff already.  Well, at least most of the key items will be checked off early.    It's nice that it's already Thursday.  I should take 2 days off every week.  Plum should be pretty for your wedding!  Lots of colors will go with it, depending on the shade.   This weekend's long run is 1 hour and 54 minutes.  Approximately 10.9 miles according to my plan, 10:27 pace.  I would definitely go for the even 11 if it was close.    Yes, I do have a good hill to train on close to me.  There are a lot of homes on that street so I will try to do those runs earlier to avoid the early morning traffic!

Damaris, enjoy the workouts!  Hope you didn't get a cold.

Ginny, how do you stub your toes so much?    Great job getting the leg workout done!  58 degrees is unreasonably cold.  I did read something about sweat glands being less active as you get older, so less sweat.

Sandy, I am not a big fan of Menard's, though the kids like the store because they have a big moving escalator that is like a giant treadmill.    Yeah, since us Granny's eat dinner so early it is a long time before eating again!  I have to fast for a blood test next Monday, but it's no big deal because that's how long I normally go without eating.     Nice unscheduled 3 this morning!  URD?     Your friend should pick you up.  

Tessa, good idea carrying books with you in the car!  The kids outgrow their books really quickly so we always have a stack in the basement that's ready to donate.  24 hour race on a 1 mile loop?  That does not sound fun.  

Diane, the 24 hours on the track sounds... interesting.    We have a race like that nearby.  I can't handle running on completely flat ground like that though!

Cathy

dhuffman63

Trails

OMG Ginny that is just ridiculous.  The server room isn't that cold.  Sometimes when it's cold in here I go outside and warm up and I have a blanket.  Heaters are not allowed.

We don't have LFL here...Vinita is the closest library and it's a 20 min drive.  I get most of my books through Kindle and Audible.  There a way to get audible books free through something called Libby that allows free downloads from your library.  Haven't used it yet.

Lizzie sounds like a busy Sat. for you.  Have fun.

LOL on the date request Tessa.  Last year when I visited my parents I was walking with my dad and his dog and one of the neighbors who my dad talks too came out of his house and was talking to us...had a lot of things in common and he asked me out right there in front of my dad and he knew I was married.  Did not go out with him.

Damaris which BP drug are you taking?  Until you get used to them they might make you tired.

Carol that cruise sound awesome.  I'd love to do that.

Oh the things I could do with 350 million.  I could quit my job and do all the races that look like fun but require travel.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

OMG Ginny that is just ridiculous.  The server room isn't that cold.  Sometimes when it's cold in here I go outside and warm up and I have a blanket.  Heaters are not allowed.

We don't have LFL here...Vinita is the closest library and it's a 20 min drive.  I get most of my books through Kindle and Audible.  There a way to get audible books free through something called Libby that allows free downloads from your library.  Haven't used it yet.

Lizzie sounds like a busy Sat. for you.  Have fun.

LOL on the date request Tessa.  Last year when I visited my parents I was walking with my dad and his dog and one of the neighbors who my dad talks too came out of his house and was talking to us...had a lot of things in common and he asked me out right there in front of my dad and he knew I was married.  Did not go out with him.

Damaris which BP drug are you taking?  Until you get used to them they might make you tired.

Carol that cruise sound awesome.  I'd love to do that.

Oh the things I could do with 350 million.  I could quit my job and do all the races that look like fun but require travel.

My other ones made me super tired 9 months into them, so not sure.  This one is Telmisartan (Micardis).  My BP is still somewhat high so I assume hubby will increase the dose next week.  I'm at the lowest now.

Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Not sure I will be able to run for a few days. This bad boy is painful! I can hardly walk and its so swollen it won’t fit in my flats! Really bruised on the back side. Ill run by CVS on my way home and get some tape so I can buddy tape it. UGH.

Docket – Have a good run tonight!

Diane – Nice workout last night. Good luck on the 5 tonight. Crossing my fingers that you will be able to get outside this weekend! 12 hours on the treadmill? NO. Haha. That sounds awful.

Ginny – Nice job sticking it out even though the trainer couldn’t make it. This is the third day in a row I have stubbed that stupid toe! OMG that is very cold!!! Did you tell someone?? I keep a blanket in my office. I always get cold after I eat!

Judy – Sometimes I go into Dicks and find some good sales on Nike tops. It is rare though. Man, I hope they get the pipe connection figured out soon! How annoying.

Sandy – Nice miles this morning! Smart to run long tomorrow so it doesn’t interfere with your Saturday morning activities! Who wants to run long and then hop on a bike? No. Wink Uhm, you are banned BTW. I looked at your STINKEN weather and I hate you.  Smile Man that is AWESOME. So jealous. Bummer on the wine and yoga tomorrow. That sounds like it would be fun. You should ask your friend to pick you up anyway! I am laughing at you biking to the liquor store and then explaining yourself! LOL. Honestly, the cheeseburger (yes, only had one haha) was not that good! HCF liked them but I think I had put too much seasoning on them. UGH. I get angry when food is not as good as I am expecting it to be. LOL. Oh well..I know better for next time. Never have done a seafood boil? SO GOOOOOODDDDDDDD. We put crab legs, shrimp, mussels, potatoes, corn on the cob and sausage in ours.

Karen – Woohoo nice miles today! Does Riley kinda stay by your side or is he ahead of you? Smile Are you meeting with the baby runners Saturday?

Cathy – Nice miles this morning! YAY for getting your heater/fan back! I am laughing about that. Hahaha, they didn’t want to be caught! Such the office scandal SmileSo, long run of 10+ this weekend. And you just stay at that mileage for a while? It doesnt ever increase?!

Ready to gooooo! At least the sun is out! Mammel hasn't been around today. I have no idea where he is and dont really care.

Have a good afternoon!

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie there is something called "toe caps", they look like soft things you slip on your toes.  Maybe that and taping would help. Oh and I've done up to 6 hours on the TM so just a little longer.