Womens Running

Fresh Start MONDAYS! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I hate Mondays. I am trying to be positive here...

New week..lets get it!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

10.2 speed work miles for me. I did 15x 1 min/1 min rest. I call that "light" speed work. Heading to an abs class after work!

Pretty good start to the week because that run was AWESOME. Man, that felt good. I have a feeling that it was because I carb loaded hardcore last night with potatoes, rolls and stuffing (it was SO. GOOD. BTW). I really think there should be more days where Thanksgiving food is made Smile Anyway, temps started around 54...about mid way through the run it started sprinkling and the temps dropped maybe 5 degrees. I felt pretty good in shorts and a tee!

Going to be a busy week. One of my teammates is on vacation so I am usually the one that picks up her slack. No big deal..she does it when I am not here. I have lots of audits to do this week, too! Hopefully it flies by! Looking forward to the weekend already.

Run4kupcakes – Wow, nice run yesterday and SCORE on the Nike ¼ zip up! I wish we had outlets close. OH YEAH, I heard you guys were getting snow today! Are you on spring break?

Karen – Smart call on the run yesterday! That is HOT. Ugh. Nice job keeping at it until 16! I was thinking about you this morning and that Boston Marathon is right around the corner! I am so excited for you!! Chicken on the grill sounds pretty darn good, too! I am not a fan of lima beans either. BUT…sometimes the grocery store has the bean mixture in those little containers – I like them in that mixture! Probably because there is sugar or something on them.

If I get some time this week I am going to start putting my plan together for Twin Cities. Its going to be tough Smile

Happy Monday!!!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - Sounds like a great run and good start to the week!!!

Busy week end so I didn’t get on the board.  Hope everyone had a great one!

in preparation for our NZ trip we go on organized hikes.  We hiked 10 miles on Saturday...holy hilly!  It was at a downhill ski resort, and a trail around it.  Of course, our hills are nothing compared to a “real ski resort”, but was a challenge!  Lots of trees to climb over, some mud, very fun!  I have been “toying” with the idea of a trail ultra and this really made me want to do one!  DH did pretty good, but was close to being on the “struggle bus” toward the end. There was a hill called “Love hill”, and nicknamed BFH by the guy that organizes the hikes.  He gave a lecture before the hike about backcountry fueling.  Two facts that he said “If your pee is clear, the end is near” (hyponatrimia), and forget fruits, vegetables, you need “vitamin J” (junk food - for easy carbs, etc.).  He is a retired college cross country coach and still coaches marathin runners, etc.

Hi to all!

Carol

dhuffman63

Trails

Carol that's interesting about the pee.  I have chronic kidney disease and I have to watch the color of my pee. So far it's been good even on the harder events I've done....but I like it to be watered down lemonaide color.  God we are weird....lol.  Nice hike.

Lizzie nice run.

I read the posts but didn't feel much like replying.

Diana glad you did Bataan.  I've wanted to do that one and may some day when I can get out of the 4 state area.  Sorry about the blisters.

I did 6 on Saturday (95 min HCK) after the massage and wanted more but I was so tired.  Did 12 on Sunday and almost went ahead and did 6 more but called it quits.  21 for the week....oh well.  The stretch I do is for the piriformis and supposedly once it gets tight it can be triggered and can cause a cycle of pain.  He had no idea if the deer incident caused it but says it's common in runners.  I do 3 sets for a 5 second hold and holy cats it hurts.  The right side feels better already but the left (my problem side) still hurts.  I do this 2 times a day. Hopefully it'll be ok for the Flint Hills on the 21st.  Then Heartland 50k on May 5th.

I have inventory counts to do today and not really looking forward to it.  On to more coffee.

Have a lovely day all.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 and weights tonight.  Leaving early for the funeral mass of my coworker's dad (but I can only stay like 15 minutes), doctor's appointment (OBGYN checkup, yay).  So I should be home relatively early, I hope. My kind of Monday. 

Liz, nice run!  Pssst, I hate Mondays as well.

Carol, I must have missed your comment about the NZ trip.  That is so awesome!

Diane, nice mileage nonetheless.  Hoping the issue resolves itself soon.

Damaris, I know this is getting old, but how on earth can 11mi pass so easily to you is beyond me. We were watching WTA Miami finals the other day and I was telling DH about how the temps leave you w no other option than TM. He was impressed. He also asked whether stepping out there for 42k isn't problematic in terms of adaptation. 

Elina, I've never had an issue training on the TM and then going outside to run a marathon.  My fastest year was done 90% on the TM and I still hit 3 marathons at PR ranges, so figured there is not much difference.  Except I am not exhausted from the heat and humidity nor coughing from asthma all the time. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday the weather held with no snow on the roads (just a very heavy frost on grasses) so we went to classes. Tea class is a treat first thing in the morning. Our teacher gives us samples of 4 teas every class. We got British varieties this class. DC and I are taking a ghost hunting class together.  Then I have a genealogy/internet class and finally yoga. DC and I went to a book sale after that. We returned to the sale the next day.

Saturday was SDO

Sunday was a 40 minute cardio dvd.

Today my new chair is coming.  Then I will see what I can do exercisewise.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Son of a .......just lost my entire post. As it was spinning and spinning, I tried to copy but no luck. Let me try again. Sigh.

No running for me today. Just strength training and house cleaning. Maybe a bike ride if I really feel hyper. Oh, and I'm not pacing the half next weekend after all. Somebody else responded somewhere else she asked and he responded before I did (she just hadn't seen it when she replied to me). So she said she felt like she had to give it to him. Felt really bad about it, but I told her it was fine. I'd probably totally stress about hitting the pace anyway. I may shorten that 13 to 10-11 and run it with my group on Saturday.

Liz, hooray on the awesome run. Every Thanksgiving we talk about how easy it is to cook turkey and how good dinner is and how we should do it more often during the year, and then we never do.

Carol, trail ultra, you say? Anything particular in mind? I'm sure Lisa would love to "help" you with that.

Diane, sounds like the stretch is helpful - hope it fixes you up.

Damaris, I like the idea of leaving work early today, the reasons for doing so not so much.

Judy, the classes sound fun. Ghost hunting? Did you find any?

DH is leaving shortly and will be in Boston all week. Which for me means a week of things like cereal for dinner and no car channel on the TV. It's apparently snowing there. And snowing pretty hard in PA. And it snowed a lot in my hometown in IL (the schools are closed). At least all according to fb. HCK, are you getting any of that PA snow?

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Good morning!

Had a great birthday weekend! Did lots of cooking and cleaning too, 6.9 miles yesterday morning--running buddy got called into work or we would have kept going. Got home just in time to shower before DF came home. Yay!! He's home for 3 days and will go back out to sea.

Had a nice lunch w his mom and daughter. they are so picky (no wheat, no beef, vegan, only certain veggies, sheesh!) So I made stir fry veggies, chicken (kept separate) and fried tofu, with a garlic-chile sauce. Yum! His DD had seconds, and I suggested she make a plate to take home, and she took all but the chicken! I also made a vegan chocolate cake (really good!), and a  coconut cake (for us). We were stuffed.

Diana--One day I want to do Bataan Death March!

Have a great day!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, glad your run was good!  The food sounds lovely and yummy.  Good luck at work this week.

Carol, when is the trip?  Sorry for DH struggling at the end, I can relate.

Diane, good job on the runs this weekend.  Bummer about inventory.

Damaris, sorry about the funeral.

Judy, glad you found a chair!  Ghost hunting classes, fun!

So, I had a major run failure yesterday, but a meh walk.  I did do 15, but it sucked.  I seriously walked 95% of it.  I desperately wanted to quit at mile 3.  I had an agreement with a coworker, if I do 15, she walks 5 on the TM.  That was my motivation.

Hi to everyone from the weekend.  Too many to catch up on, though I read them.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Kat all I do anymore is walk.  I might throw a little jog in here or there just to use different muscles but I'm good with the walking.

Seloc

I wasn’t going to post today since I’m still in a horrible no good very bad mood due to the weather but here I am.  No end to winter in sight.  5 inches of snow coming our way.  Single digits after that.  Lucky me!!!  Regular Monday rest day.

Karen – smart to cut your long run at 16mi.  That is HOT.  I seriously cannot even believe we live in the same country.  Two weeks until Boston – whoohoo!!  And woohoo for a week solo!  Though, from my perspective, that gets old.  Especially annoyed with it as of late haha

Lizzie – I need a fresh start on LIFE!!  I had Thanksgiving food yesterday, too!  Ended up going to RBs house with her in-laws.  Trounced her MIL in Scrabble haha  Nice run this morning.  Glad you felt so strong.  Weather sounds amazing.

Carol – wow that sounds like a tough hike.  That’s great there are some organized ones to get DH in shape haha.  Sounds hard!!  The organizer sounds like a hoot.  Cut back week for you?  I’m planning 14mi on Saturday.  In the damn cold.

Sue – wow, your meal yesterday sounds amazing!!  Glad you had a lovely birthday weekend.  Review today now?  Hope it goes well!!

Kat – impressive 15!  I like your motivation, too, with your coworker – that’s the way to do it.

No volleyball today since they are on break.  Two games tomorrow.  I will only have 6 girls and not the highly skilled ones.  I anticipate a shellacking haha.  If I’m not around this week it just means I’m buried under the snow and frozen to the sidewalk.  Will come back when thawed.  Later!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Usual quick check in -- way too much to do and we are moving office on Friday so I have to try to get everything packed while juggling all the work.

Carol, may I point out that while it's easy for the guys to assess the clarity and hue of what's coming out of them, it's much harder for women to see what their pee looks like while taking a tinkle under a tree. And forget it if you're using a long drop hut in the woods.

Susan, gluten free vegan? Sheesh. That even rules out seitan which is one of the most useful proteins for vegans. And only certain veggies sounds very fussy. Good for you for cooking for them and making it good!

Karen, sorry you aren't pacing, but that sounds as if it's less pressure on you. Boston is 2 weeks? You rock!

Waving to everyone else and back to work. 3.2 this morning. I managed 4.25 yesterday afternoon after the second service -- after the vigil Saturday night I didn't manage to get up to run before the first service.

And a few miles (4) on Saturday before a citrus pick. Anyone remember Dick Clark? The house we were at on Saturday used to be his. He may have planted one of the lemon trees which we relieved of 250 pounds of lemons on Saturday morning. Patrons of the food pantry can liven up things like canned green beans, carrots, or tuna with those.

Kilmisters

Quick check in before dinner (and hockey, woo) time. 10k today, crazy snowstorm. I wish I was joking. Second workout-run in 2 days. 45mi in last 7 days, gathering those miles for floorball + trail run week. Hoping I can maintain this mileage after the floorball season is done.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

ginnyb

I don't even try to be positive on Mondays anymore.  I am bad.

Sandy...I completely understand your mood.  No snow for us currently, but really cold and no end in sight.  I am also sure that we will get more snow.  I. am. so. tired. of. being cold.

Karen...wow Boston is approaching fast!  enjoy your week alone, I know I would...again I am bad.

Liz...nice running as always.

3 yesterday on the TM and worked upper body today with trainer.  Today my trainer was my absent trainer's mom!  She is still at least 20 years younger than I am!  She does a good job, but I still miss him...she doesn't work me as hard, I think she is afraid to.  Today I told her that her son has worked me pretty hard for the past 1 1/2 years, I can take it!

Better go for now.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Hi to all. How’s this for something to put one in a terrible, horrible very bad mood: I’m getting a root canal this afternoon, following a night of excruciating pain.  Dentist was afraid this might happen when I saw her last week. She tried to patch up the tooth but apparently it didn’t work.  Things can only go up from here, right?!  Wish me luck.  Going to drop that little tidbit, wave to all, and take off. 

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR