Womens Running

Cheesin' TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 19 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

National Cheeseburger Day!!! YUM.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me. Heading to Body Pump later this morning.

Good run but UGH..I couldn't slow down. Was just about at race pace in 75 dewpoint!! Not sure why...I was defiantly pooped by the time I finished. Dewpoints are finally supposed to drop this afternoon. FINALLY. I am cheesin for that..and the fact that the sun is shining! We have not had sun in 5 days. I am going to have to shower before I head to body pump - and then shower again after class. Hashtag...summer problems.

Another work rest day for me Smile Have to head back tomorrow. Only for 2 days though since I took off Friday Smile HCF and I are going on a date for lunch. Not sure what else is planned for today!

Have I mentioned that Hilton Head has been in the 80's and sunny since Sunday? I shouldn't even look at the weather. But, we were right about driving there. I-95 in NC has been closed. We would have had to take a 5 hour detour. Normally takes us 7 hours to get there..it would have taken us 12.

Run4kupcakes - Get some rest! Hope they feel a bit better today.

Docket - Chicken and waffles..THE BEST.

Tessa - Nice miles the past couple days. OMG on the kitten scare!! Glad she is okay!! The rain has finally stopped. We might get a few showers this afternoon..but turning pleasant this afternoon/evening.

Happy Tuesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I prepared for a run after the routine blood test. I even packed my breakfast in a little lunch bag for after the test. After eating, I was off and saw my favorite great blue heron over by the ponds. Chipmunks have been darting all over the path, getting ready for winter.  I found my running buddy and she and I shared the last part of my 65 minute run. We had a good time. It was just starting to spit rain a little at the end but it cooled us off nicely.

Today I plan a nice trail run.

Happy runs, All!  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! All dogs currently sleeping. After getting up shortly after 5. Tried going back to bed but they said no, even though I didn't feed them until 6. Decent night of sleep, up briefly at 12 and 1 but went right back to sleep, up at 3 to pee and poop, then up for good at 5. Progress. Sandy and Liz, I am getting excited for TCM, partly because I'll get to sleep through the night.

I'll run some this morning, then meet my group for hills tonight. Another hot and steamy day here. I'd like to be out running now, but want to wait until the pupper wakes up and poops again to go. He started to poop on the floor this morning and I jumped up yelling "aaaahhhh" as DH yelled "poop! no! no! no!" and he stopped but then when we went outside he wouldn't go. I guess that's why they say not to yell.....anyway, since then he's had his breakfast and played, still no poop. This is what my life has become. Sigh.

Thanks all on the suggestions for stuff to give away on Saturday. I realized after sending them an email that said to be ready for "a surprise or two" that at least a couple people are going to be expecting the puppy. Oops. I guess if I can get out of here extra early and get some miles in, I could come back and get the puppy while they run.

HCK, hope the legs are feeling better today. Sounds like the half took a lot out of you. I bet a lot of people are still feeling it.

Tessa, yikes on the kitten scare. So glad DS found him! Thanks on the giveaway ideas - in fact, now that you mention it I have a couple pairs of headphones that were giveaways at a race I did, I think.

Lizzie, glad you all made it through the storms safely. Enjoy the day off!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Five this morning. Not too bad.

Termite folks are coming this morning--we think termites have eaten a HOLE in our hardwood floor right under the recliner and possibly part of the subfloor.....UGH

Tessa---so glad you found the kitty!!

Check y'all later!

Anonymous Guest

He gets me up several times a night and he still sometimes poops in the house, but

How could you not love that little guy.

Judy, sounds like you had a great run yesterday.

Susan, oh no on the termites! I hope that's not the case. At least you got a decent run in this morning.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I thought dropping one med would help the headaches disappear, but I woke up with one so blah.  My BP was a bit high this morning but with a headache/migraine, I think it's not rare.  I have Pilates tonight and that's it.  Today is my wedding anniversary so we are going out to dinner.

Liz, nice run.

Judy, hoping the blood test goes well.

Karen, puppy! So cute. Enjoy the run.

Susan, nice 5.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

About 8 miles this morning with intervals (6x800 w/800 recovery).  Interesting run.  My weather app told me that it would start raining in 80 minutes, so about the end of my run.  But it was dark out so I couldn't tell if it was cloudy!  The wind picked up while I was running and nuts started dropping on my head!  I had a hat though.    Then it was light enough for me to see how threatening the clouds were, probably good that I couldn't see them.    It started raining at the end of my run.  Beat the thunder and lightning though!

Lizzie, glad that there were no issues from the tornadoes!  Nice running this morning.  Wish I had that problem with running too fast.    Enjoy the day off!  I have never had chicken and waffles!  Apple dumplings are just pastry with apples in them, kind of like a mini apple pie.  Not really dumplings, per se.     I guess a dumpling is anything wrapped in some kind of dough!   Or in the case of dumplings in soup, just dough?     The last Trail Series race is October 20.  The Winter Series does start next month, but we are not signed up for it.  I guess once is enough for DD.    We may pick some races to do.  There is also another winter series here, the Chilly Willy Series.  Cuz it's so much fun to run in the winter in Wisconsin.  

Karen, the only other suggestion I had for your giveaway was some sort of headband.  Kat made me laugh with her suggestions.    A buff would be a surprise.     Aww, can't get enough Huck photos and videos!  Funny about Huck getting stuck behind the bed!  Must be disconcerting when you can't fit in the places that you did before.  

Sue, big ugh on the termites!

Damaris, sorry about the headache!  Hope it goes away fast!  Happy Anniversary!!

Tessa, glad the kitten was found safe and sound!  We had a kitten disappear once, DH was sure that our older cat did something to the kitten.  We had the kitten inside a big watermelon box from the grocery store, but she escaped by climbing up a towel that was on the side of the box!  We found the kitten later, hiding inside a hole in the back of the couch!

Lori, is there such a thing as too many apples?    We are going through ours pretty quickly!  Nice that you will have vacation soon!  Also, nice 5 in the humid weather!

Kat, nice that you are getting call-backs from the clinics!

Cathy

5.1 miles for me before work. Going to a Moth Slam tonight at a local place. Should be interesting.. .theme for the 5 minute stories is "extra mile."

Liz-you are a problem runner... LOL

Karen-sooooooo. I'm glad to hear you're regular and all. I'll remember the 3am pee/poop schedule at BB. maybe you could give away puppy poop?

Sue-too bad the dogs didn't go after the termites for you.

Damaris-happy wedding anniversary!

Cathy-wtg on beating the weather!

Happy Tuesday to those still to come!

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Eating a pizza so I'm sure this will help.

Boss freaked me out this morning wanting to tall confidentially.  It was to tell me about my performance award.  Much appreciated but thanks for freaking me the fuck out!  Haha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Tuesday, NO bluesday!

Lizzie, you speedster you!!  5 hr detour, blech.  Have a lovely lunch today.  Scary, but funny about you guys all in the closet!  Who was the most nervous?  I'm betting Ruger.

Judy, where on earth do you run to see so many lovely critters!!!

Karen, indeed, no yelling...  SO HARD.  But they don't necessarily get it.

Sue, oh no as well on the termites.  I had carpenter ants at my first house which made a hole as well.

Damaris, happy anniversary!!  Sorry about the med issues, that is so hard.  Had to giggle about scaring you for an award.  I would have been freaked too.  But, CONGRATS!!!!!!

Cathy, glad you beat the weather!  I have never had chicken and waffles either.  Just doesn't sound appealing.

Hi Lisa!!!

So, two leads.  First was this morning I went to a clinic just to meet the owner about his mobile vaccine clinics.  I was there maybe 10-15 min.  Annoyed having to drive all the way across town for it.  BUT, work is work.  I have all the paperwork to fill out.

Second will be Friday.  It is for a full service clinic, but I sent a cover letter saying EVENTUALLY I would be interested in permanent employment, but due to scheduling, currently relief work might be best.  Plus I said NO surgery...  It is a chain, so the woman is in Houston.  BUT, as luck would have it, there is a vet conference here in SA Thur-Sun and we are hoping to meet up Friday.  The clinic that was or is currently hiring is only 15 min away and easy to get to with no traffic worries.  It is 24 hour though...  They have at least 3 other clinics though.  One of them is days only and just as convenient.

SO, we shall see.

Feeling overwhelmed at trying to juggle it all, but hopeful too.

No run, but I darn well better get out there tomorrow.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

Good luck with those two, Kat!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

dhuffman63

Trails

On my phone so will be brief...hi everyone

good of luck Kathryn.

dealing with some altitude sickness today so I skipped my miles this morning so hope to make it up after the session today

Kilmisters

Belated and very non-detailed RR: I tied my PB, literally, to precision of a second. Without Karen's plan it wouldn't be possible. No chance. Not after day of floorball (we won, yay!), not given mini-E ''circumstances''. So Karen, while evil, is also a damn good coach 

Truth to be told, I took this race more as a learning for future:

#1 Schedule future goal races before floorball season. Should be a no-brainer, but I got away w it (goal race when season has already started) in 2016; wasn't so nice this year. Feeling the legs aren't fresh from the very first 1km is not fun. Nor is stressing over whether this or that adjustment in training plan (games/tournaments/practices) will hurt in the long term. Yes, scheduling race before the season allows less time for training (max 4 months), but it (16 wks) still feels enough. The only issue could be heat (we had historically high temps this August).

#2 Picking races that have many loops - a big NO. Once again, worked out very nicely in 2016 (one torturing hill I could plan for after first of the four laps), but almost killed me this time. The course was full of rolling hills (endless, I would say) and end the loop had a short, but reallly steep climb. Knowing I would have to fight all that two more times wasn't ''yay, I can adjust for this now'', it was ''oohhhhh fffff***''. I am not exaggerating by saying it was slightly demotivating even.

#3 Look for as flat as possible courses. See above. Not fun. Yet again, should be an absolute no-brainer, and yet again - I got away w it in 2016 w that ugly hill, so wasn't too worried about it this time. Needless to say, not only did it make the course tougher overall, it also made controlled pacing (or anything close to that) nearly impossible. After doing all speed workouts on flat surface (because I'd have to drive reallly far to get anything hillier), unsurprisingly I was hardly ready.

#4 Find races outside Latvia. Aside from the whole race weekend becoming more of adventure, it also makes it feel like it's more just you vs the course and nothing else. I felt that way in Amsterdam last year, not this time. Meeting friends before the race and seeing them on course, it's sort of fun (and it totally is when you are not gunning for PB), but (and I cannot even explain why) I felt it was a bit of a distraction this time.

So.... I have already (Big grin) found a good potential goal race for next year that ticks all the boxes. August 3, 2019 - before the season. Not even 1 loop, start and finish are miles apart. Flat. Judging from both race pics and description in the website. Outside Latvia - Germany, baby. AND! Evening runner me loves the most awesome feature of this race - 8pm start! Rostock Night Marathon . Yes, I am already planning the next race just two days after finishing the recent one. But this one just really seems perfect.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Woot, congrats, Elina!

Diane, feel better.

Damaris

Fundraising Page