Womens Running

Frantic Friday - Supermoms (Read 19 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - yoga for runners

KR - told me he didn't like going to the other daycare on Wednesday because "she so angry".  I don't want to discount entirely what he says (he also says the music teacher is scary) but I also don't want to jump to conclusions either.  So far I've seen nothing worrisome about the music teacher in person, but I'm monitoring the situation carefully b/c old RP told me that she has seen that teacher throw young kids out of class for misbehaving.  In comparison, even with my extremely short fuse, in 20 years of piano teaching I have only thrown 1 kid out of class, although I have threatened it several times.

FR - some kind of pasta with fire roasted tomato sauce, roasted cauliflower, proscuitto.  Need to stock up on (hopefully) celebratory booze for Sunday afternoon/evening.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - I was planning to do my LR, which is a brutal 29k with 21k @ MP this week, but DH came home from work early last night because was sick. If he is in the throws of a man cold, he will probably not want to keep S busy while I run this morning. In which case, I guess I can do the 14k with 5 x 1000s that I still haven't done instead. Although that would probably leave me with tired legs and then I'd have to LR tomorrow, so I don't know. I guess I will figure things out once DH is awake.

TR - Is obsessed with pouring liquid from one container to another. This is okay when she does it with water. Not so much when she does it with chocolate milk.

FR - Provencal roasted chicken, roasted carrots and parsnips

NRR - We have tickets for a dance in town tomorrow night and I have been so busy this week, I totally forgot to find a babysitter. So I guess I need to get on that today and hope someone in available on short notice. On the other hand, I kind of feel like I would rather just stay home and sleep, so maybe I will tell DH to go with a friend if he has recovered from his man cold.

~~~

zorbs - I had a dream last night that I was running ATB with you and I was worried I wouldn't be able to make it 30k. Ha ha, this is totally accurate, because every time I have to run more than 25k, I am worried I won't make it. Are you going to do a few surprise pop ins at the class to see what the teacher is up to? I see you are still working on using up that proscuitto.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  SRD.  Ran in the rain yesterday.  I told myself I may have to do it on race day so suck it up.  LR tomorrow...thinking 10 miles.

BR:  S.T.T.N!!!!!  Hell yeah!  Mama is feeling good today!

TR:  Was adorable with the babysitter.  I think they hit it off nicely.  He is just so damn cute and innocent sometimes.  Like in the middle of dinner he announces "I'm wearing underwear!"  Oh, J.

NRR:  Today is the end of 3rd Quarter.  9 weeks left.  I have an insane amount of work to do, so I may not be back today.

NRR#2:  I've been feeling down about some stuff that is going on and DH has been great to chat with me about it although I know he thinks it is all silly.  Well, last night, I came home to a package from MOXIE with LuLu shorts that she doesn't wear and a bag of Starburst Jelly Beans.  Totally made my week! Smile

FR:  Mmmm.....Friday morning McDonalds Mocah.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

runnergirl9508

RR: boot camp followed by 6.1 miles this morning- in capris! It actually smelled like spring out there too.

TR: had fun digging in the garden yesterday afternoon. DH made a bacon and eggs breakfasthat his morning, and I guess R housed it!

NRR: working on R's new room this weekend! Wiring, insulation, Sheetrock.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

RR - Errand run last night, finally got hair cut! and went to trader Joes, ran home w/backpack of groceries. cold out, so just did 2.25 mor mi on treadmill, one easy, one at marathon pace, cool down. 5.25 mi total. today, shooting for 3 miles and a swim. Tomorrow 21.Nervous because someone usually ends up pushing the pace and I go with them... or I push the pace.. heheheh...5k Sunday.

Song on running. just love it..It has been such a tough winter to train in too.
            http://bdcwire.com/video/local-songwriter-michelle-lewis-releases-marathon-tribute-video-for-new-single/
            Soo cool! proceeds go to One Fund.

BR- wasn't as gassy but still woke up 3 times to eat, about every 2.5 hours...Aside from the sleep thing, feel like this may be the easiest age, we can still go out to dinner with him, and take him everywhere, he's often just has a smile on his face if he is out and about, he isn't putting everything in his mouth (yet!) and not defiant/testing us...not crawling or walking yet.. Feel like I will look back and think "it was so easy back then."

--What has been toughest age for you ladies so far??

FR- Prob pasta/pre long run meal.

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning ladies...

Busy morning, so I'll probably just be flying by without personals.

RR - ran 5k, then strength trained this morning, ran 10k last night w/ my cruise intervals.  Long run is tomorrow, but it's a cutback so only 16k.  I'm taking Sunday off this week.

KR - birthday party on Sunday.  She's super excited!  Tonight we're going to watch frozen and have a movie night, she's also very excited by this.  I hope I can find the DVD somewhere because I think it'll be worth buying and owning it.

TR - seems to almost be stringing two words together, she was closing the gate last night and I'd say "close gate" and she'd say "close", then "gate".  I can't believe how much she's talking, M hardly said 5 words at this age.

FR - pizza maybe... popcorn for sure.

Have a great day ladies.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

armmama

RR - hoping for something this afternoon.  My mom is supposed to come at 2:00 or so, but roads by her are bad this morning so not sure she'll make it that early.

KR - I woke the girls up yesterday by singing a song and DD1 told me she was in a really good mood all day so I should wake them up by singing every day.  haha.  I did this morning, so we'll see if she is in a good mood all day again!

FR - either pizza or breakfast since I have some turkey bacon to use up.

NRR - getting really nervous/anxious about leaving tomorrow.  The worst part is our flight leaves at 5am.  Do I bother going to bed?!

zorbs - hopefully the thing with the music teacher turns out to be nothing, but I think it's great you're keeping an eye on it.  Kids are usually pretty honest when they're little!

ernie - sorry the man cold is messing with your run!  I hate it when I have to watch kids while I'm sick but DH can't do the same.  I hope you find a sitter!

mer - nice job running in the rain!  I don't mind it if it's warm out, but the treadmill sounded better to me yesterday.

rg - hooray for capris!  The birds chirping make it sound like spring but it sure doesn't feel like it at 20˚.  If the snow would ever all melt at least it might LOOK like spring, which I'd be happy with.

E_rain - your running is amazing, you will do great on your 21 miler!  The toughest age for me is probably 4 or 5 because I expected them to stop being so whiny by then and they weren't.  Smile  I guess not tough so much as frustrating.

CA - have a fun birthday weekend!  I hope you can find Frozen.  I definitely think we'll get our money's worth of this one!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - if I liked cantaloupe, perhaps the proscuitto would have been used up quicker.  What makes the chicken provencal?  Not that I don't like the skirt brigade, but if you lived closer, I would totally be your RP because I have done 30K enough times to know that I will live through it.  I can't do surprise popins because I have enough trouble getting B to go in class, if I showed up, he'd latch on to me and not participate.

mer - hurray on the STTN!

rg - smelling like spring is a good sign of actual spring! I also saw buds on the trees too - I firmly believe that while Mother Nature has been a total bitch this winter, she is wise and the trees won't bud unless winter is gone for real.

e_rain - I would say so far it has been 1-2, old enough that he couldn't sit in the bucket seat but can't verbalize stuff.

CA - we rented Frozen last weekend from Apple TV but you can buy the digital copy too.

arm - really? I find that B for example, if I ask him what he ate for lunch, will always answer "spaghetti." or if I asked if he did XX, he'll always answer in the affirmative.  But honest opinions of people is kind of different...

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Going to do 6ish miles after work. Tut-tut, it looks like rain though Sad

TR: Feels like crap to know my kid is the jerk kid at daycare. He tests his limits and is mean to other kids all day long. Sometimes he can be super sweet and other times, super jerk. He's smart as a whip and uses it to get into trouble. I feel like I can't really do anything about it because most of his issues stem from not wanting to share, and its not really a problem at home, and DH doesn't want to do the obvious solution of having another kid.

FR: Last night was chicken and tatortots (guess who picked out dinner...) tonight will be chicken stirfry, thinking about doing fried brown rice too. Available veggies are broccolini, baby bok choy, celery, mushrooms, carrots, zucchini, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots. I also have tofu, but will save that for early next week.

NRR: need to go through and check all my gear for the wedding tomorrow. Need to call my dad and make sure his camera is ready to go too, since I will be using it as well. DH is not going so hopefully dad and my sister pull through on keeping R out of trouble.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- R told his godmother that Miss Jody hit him the other day, and Trudy was all concerned. I discounted his story since he also said that our friend Chase, who is 25, pooped his underwear. I don't tell Trudy some stuff that happens at Miss Jodys because Trudy has it out for her and wishes she could spoil R all day long. However, B is older and more intelligible than R, so I would keep an eye out.

Ernie- I need a lot of down time to feel rested, so if you don't feel like dancing, a beer on the couch is a perfectly good subsititute.

Mer- yay for jellybeans and STTN!  My DH is a good listener when I need to talk to him about anything non-family related. If I try to talk to him about my family he gets riled up so I don't bother.

RG- good luck with your remodel!

E_rain- first 4 mos definitely the hardest. I think 12 mos is the cutest, and 18 mos- 2 years was the honeymoon phase. R just keeps getting to be more and more fun, but more and more challenging with defiance and attitude. However, he is potty trained so that is also a big big plus!

CA- I'm sure you can find the Wizard of Oz. If not, do you have Amazon Prime and can download it on the cloud? Good luck at the party!

Armama- last time we went to Denver was a 6 am flight out of an airport 2 hours away, so we got up at 2 and left by 3. We really liked it actually because then we felt like we had the whole day in Denver because we got there at 9 instead of 2pm.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

argh, I just flushed B's poop, he had a fit.  I told him the Poop Fairy took it and that she brought chocolate.  He replied, "NO CHOCOLATE, I WANT MY POOP BACK!" his priorities are fucked up!

spike - what I was saying to arm was that B has his patterns of saying random bullshit and I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's really  hard sometimes to tell whether he's being random or if something bad has happened.  All I am going by regarding the music teacher is what old RP told me.

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - what I was saying to arm was that B has his patterns of saying random bullshit and I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's really  hard sometimes to tell whether he's being random or if something bad has happened.  All I am going by regarding the music teacher is what old RP told me.

Yeah, R makes up random stories constantly, however maybe I'm a little more edgy this week because Jody yelled at R in front of me a couple days ago when he did something she specifically told him not to do. She is normally really cool-headed so it kind of suprised me and R got teary. She was right in the situation, I would have done the same thing, but it was hard for me not to go mama-bear when someone makes my kid cry.

runnergirl9508

zorbs- good luck this weekend! I hope the weather gods are kind. Can't wait to see the outfit/manicure pre-race pics Wink uh oh, I hope there's nothing going on with the daycare lady. is this the one who used to watch him?

Ernie- hope you can get out for your LR, and DH's man-cold is nothing serious. I probably wouldn't do the 1000's and LR with MP miles on back to back days. At this point, I'd go for the MP miles- more practice at locking into that specific pace. There were a couple of days this winter that I set R up on the kitchen floor with bowls, cups, etc and let him play with water as long as he wanted to. It usually kept him occupied for a good hr.

Mer- enjoy your RD! How many weeks until your half? Hooray for H STTN!!! I hope it's the start of a new trend. Glad that J and the sitter hit it off- we've never left R with anyone other than family, other than the lady who watched him for the first year while I was still working FT. Jelly beans and a mocha sounds like a great start to a Friday! I'm boring with my coffee- just plain, lol. I find the mochas are way too sweet.

E-rain- have fun on your 21 tomorrow! Are you starting in Hopkinton? Good luck on your 5K Sunday, too! I saw that song/video on FB last night- it's awesome! I absolutely LOVED the 6-9 month age with R. He was always smiling (still is, he's a happy kid), content to just sit and play on his blanket, learning cool things like crawling, easily transportable, and starting to really enjoy eating food. I'd say the toughest for me was about 18-24 months, just because he wasn't talking much and would get frustrated if he couldn't make his needs/wants known. His vocabulary has exploded since xmas, and he's a little chatterbox now. I absolutely LOVE it. He's 2.5.

CA- great job on the early morning run! Hope the LR goes well. Are you and Lori doing every LR together? Hope M's party goes well on Sunday. Can't wait to see the finished pics of the cake.

arm- bummer on the bad roads. hope you can get out for a run later. aww, that's sweet about DD1 telling you she liked the singing! Have a safe trip tomorrow. I'd go to bed, just to let my body rest, even if I didn't fall asleep.

spike- bummer on the rainy run, but at least it's not snowing right?! I'm sorry about the TR troubles- hugs! Can you and Miss Jody meet and brainstorm some solutions? All the veggies for your stir-fry sound delicious! Hope that the wedding goes well tomorrow. Is it a far drive?

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- wedding is 2.5 hours away in Oregon. New discipline tactic is taking away toys/privileges. He is also being disruptive during meals and if he can't behave, she is putting him in a highchair facing a wall. I am offering incentives for good behavior but so far he hasn't earned one.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - B still goes to next door daycare lady (the crazy one).  The daycare lady who he said was angry is another home daycare who is across the street.  He was only there for Wednesday because NDDL had a dr's appt.