Womens Running

Waiting for naptime Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 24 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

I got to bed at midnight, tossed and turned forever, and then had horrible nightmares...ugggh!  Fortunately today is an easy day, work-wise, and I should be able to get a good nap in.

RR - got my fall HM pacing gig, 2:15 run/walk.

ER - ST at the gym.

TR - very kissy.  Wanted many kisses when I dropped him off at daycare.

FR - noodles, veggies, tofu.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

Zorbs - Yay for the pacing!!  What race are you pacing?  Will you practice run/walking that pace to have a feel for it or do you just keep an eye on your watch while you are running?  Hope you get a good nap in today.  Nightmares suck!!

RR - 5.3 miles to be exact.  I am loving this weather!!

NRR - going to a playdate/get together with my cousins and their kids today.  looking forward to it.

KR - tried potty training again yesterday.  we had some success, but since we will be gone most of the day I don't expect much today.  I normally like to do it when I know I will have 4-5 days straight at home, but summer is so busy!

KR - we have a jungle of zucchini in the backyard, so spinach and zucchini lasagna

runnergirl9508

zorbs- I hate nights where I can't fall asleep. I get so pissed about the fact that i'm not sleeping that I think it keeps me from falling asleep. hope you get a good nap later! you pace quite a bit, that's awesome! do you pace for the same company/organization?

reh: nice run today. I agree- the weather this week has been soooo much better for running! hope you guys have a great playdate today! good luck with the PT- how old is DD? we have a ton of zucchini too- I've been giving it to the neighbors to manage it a bit!

RR: planning on 7 miles in a bit, still finishing my coffee! 8 yesterday in my new Brooks Ghosts- felt great!

TR: happily sitting at the table eating his breakfast while i'm typing this. snuggled with the dog when he first got up this morning, it's cute!

NRR: absolutely nothing planned for today! sent out my first running plan as my new business last night! yay!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CTimesTwo

Morning,

ER- elliptical, ST/core ...it was beautiful out, too bad i didn't run..

ER2 - is it possible cutting back on running/working out is making me MORE tired?  I feel tired all the time now..

TR - she's really into picking up things and handing them to me.. yesterday she found loose change on my night stand and brought me each coin one at a time...

NRR - had to run to the store last night, and used the self checkout.. one of my items scanned at full price instead of sale price so the cashier had to find someone to see what the price should've been... took forever for them to correct the error... turns out b/c the item scanned wrong, I got it for free... having to wait an extra 5 minutes saved me $15...

zorbs - from yesterday... my area is super flat, and to run hills I'd have to drive to a park, and since I run in the mornings, the park is pitch black, no lights, plus there are animals in that park.. i run hills if i'm training for a race... in my old neighbourhood I could run over high way on/off ramps as my hill training and that was perfect..

Do you get perks for pacing?  Like free entry into the race?

eh - have a good playdate!  how old is the KR?  we're thinking of introducing C to the potty, not necessarily potty train though, just getting her used to it...

rg - enjoy your day of nothing planned!  Smile  How is the new business going?

strollermama

RR: Had a lofty goal of running 12-13 mi before 7am, haha. Then my alarm went off and I felt sleepy and unmotivated. Hoping for 8-9 with my doggy RP and then I will run again later.

TR: Loves to feed the dog her food. He started one piece at a time but then moved to handfuls. Thank goodness she is extremely gentle.

NRR: My parents came back into town last night but are only here until Thursday. Going to enjoy some solo runs!

zorbs -- Sorry about the rough night.  Yay for a new pacing gig.  You many times have you paced now?

eh - Great job on the miles.  Is it starting to cool down in your neck of the woods?

rg - So exciting about the new business.  Is is through your current work?

cx2 - I have found that on days I don't run, I can barely stay awake during the day.  So maybe...

bbl for more from yesterday

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

Erniegirl

ER - ST

TR - When we were grocery shopping yesterday, she started chowing down on a Cubanelle pepper right in the cart. As far as hot peppers go, it's not very spicy but still an odd choice for a toddler snack. Maybe it made her crazy, because after that, whenever anyone waved or said hi to her, she threw her head back and started cackling like a maniac.

FR - Honey mustard chicken, mashed potatoes, green & yellow beans

NRR - Play date this afternoon with a friend and her son. I haven't seen her since she went back to work in May, so I'm looking forward to it.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

running eh

rg - awesome about the new business.  How are finding clients?  Do you have a website or is it just word of mouth?  Are you really getting rid of that dog, DS's best friend?!?  Smile

Cx2 - I love that policy at the grocery store.  Sometimes I will notice things like pasta where they forgot to take the sign down on one of the types of pasta and I will grab one of those knowing I will get it for free!  I did extreme type couponing for a while, and while I don't think it is worth it for us, I did learn a thing or two.  My DD2 takes the change from my room and puts it in her own piggy bank, smart kid.  DD2 was 2 in May.

stroller - wow, that would be an ambitious 12-13 miles.  was it going to be on the TM?  Have you done some OR time yet?  It is so nice and cool here right now!!

ernie - mmm, on your FR  - sounds soooo good!  I try not to make mashed potatoes too often b/c they are dangerous for me!  S is hilarious!!

beckykay

Morning!

RR:  Track was hot last night.  I got to see RPs but that was about the only enjoyable part.  DH and C came along and DH did a few miles before complaining it was too hot.  TM tonight.

TR:  Summer camp just told me he is having a hard time.  Crying alot, wanting to go to the office....uh, what am I going to do about it?  His little friend moved and he tells me everyone else is mean.  I couldn't tell the teacher this since the mean kid walked in right at the time.

FR:  Probably omelets.

NRR:  Something is up with DH.  I think he is back to his old tricks with his spending habits again.

beckykay

Zorbs:  Awe, I love giving kisses and then C laughs and wipes them off.

Eh!  Ohhh, zucchini.  I need to get me some.  Yep, pt is so much easier at home.  although C loved visiting new bathrooms so on the go wasn't too horrible for me.

RG: Hooray!  That's about the running plan.  I liked the Ghosts, they just didn't last very long for me.

Cx2:  It would for me, the more I exercise - the better I feel.

Stroller:  I thank god I have a laid back dog, C loves to feed him as well.  That and try to ride him like a pony, pull his tail, grab his ears....   Enjoy the solo run!

Ernie:  What an adventurous eater you have there, that's awesome.  C loves chowing down on green beans but that is about it.

CTimesTwo

stroller - the longest i've run before work is 11 miles, and I was totally zonked out the rest of the day.. hope you get a run in later!

ernie - your FR sounds really good!  The most adventurous food C has ever eaten is a lime... but she'll chow down on anything else that's NOT food Smile

becky - now I want an omelet.  Or maybe just eggs.  I told DH i could go for an egg mcmuffin from McDo right about now and he got grossed out (he hates eggs).

RR; 6.5m this morning - felt surprisingly good and I probably could've gone farther if I had more time. may run the same route tomorrow

KR: DD has fallen completely in love with all things horse related.  Going to try to find a camp/clinic she can go to.  DS is still enjoying kindergarten! I was worried for nothing, I forget how self reliant and sturdy my kids are sometimes.

Zorbs: i can't tell you how often I think of your amazing pace skills when I run.  I would never be able to get a pace gig!

Eh: nice job on the run - the weather makes a huge difference!

RG: Congrats on your first paying customer!  I look at my sorry spreadsheet and the fact that I never really picked a single plan (was torn between Novice 2 and Inter 1 - Hal Higdon) and I guess I'm just hoping for the best, but that's a pretty scary idea

Cx2: excellent work on free groceries!

Stroller: Enjoy those solo runs!

Ernie: too cute about the pepper! My kids love sour/citrus stuff and its always been a mystery  to me

Becky: C is at day camp right? Can you explain that he should try to make some new friends?

beckykay

Cx2:  OMG - I don't think I could marry a man that hates eggs Wink  Although I did marry someone who hates tomatoes and onions.

Dexy:  Yep - daycamp.  I ask him daily who he plays with and he tells me no one.  I am trying to convince him 1) to play with the other kids and 2) DONT TAKE A NAP!  I'm more worried about #2 than number 1 right now, He only has two weeks left at daycamp.  By the time he makes new friends then he will be going back to school, which none of these kids go to.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - I am pacing Oakville HM. I don't apply for any pacing gig that's waaay out of my league..right now the only common times I can do are 2:00 continuous, which would be a hard effort LR (5:40/km) or 2:15 r/w (6:09/km).  Lately my long runs have been about 5:57/km, so I'll have to hold back for sure.  I originally got 2:15 continuous for this race, but I don't think I can run that slow any more (6:24/km).  I don't know anyone with a veggie garden, I will be more than willing to take some zucchini off your hands!

rg - all the races have different RDs but there is one guy who I call Head Bunny, who works for the Running Room and is in charge of the pacing gigs at all the races in Ontario, except the really big ones (Toronto Waterfront, Ottawa) who have their own pacing director.  How much do you charge for writing training plans? do you offer email coaching along with your plans?

cx2 - I know on rest days I feel SO sluggish!  Yes I get free entry in the race.  I can't afford to race that much and sometimes I feel left out when all my friends are signed up for a certain race and I have another one as my goal race..so I can pace the one that my friends do so I get the race day atmosphere without the cost and the race burnout.

stroller - this will be my 3rd HM pacing.  Debating if I ever want to pace a full...12-13 miles before the sun comes up is indeed lofty! I wouldn't be able to do it without an RP, not that I have even run more than 10 miles on a weekday morning.

ernie - your dinner sounds good, goes with the cooler weather today.  I am dying for a bowl of pho.

becky - G complained about how hot his runs were last week on his FB, but seeing as pretty much none of his friends are runners, I suspect that they will/are annoyed with his running posts already.  I am trying to get him to join DM. When G and I first got together, he claimed he hated tomatoes, but he's eaten them many many times with no complains, so I call shenanigans on that.

dexy - I don't have any tips on how to run a more even pace. I just keep it easy feeling on easy/LRs and the pace ends up being like clockwork.  But then everyone who runs with me learns even pace too.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 5 miles. Doing my long run on Friday before work. I have my alarm set for 4 am and EMRP's DH is going to watch R along with their 3 kids while we run.

TR: Saying "Yeah" a lot- he used to repeat the key word in a sentence when we asked a question and he wanted to give an affirmative answer. Like "are you hungry?" he would reply "hungry" if he wanted to eat, now he says "Yeah!" Such a big boy. Likes piggyback rides and calls them YeeHaw rides. Peed through his diaper again this morning, need to keep a closer eye on his fluids in the evening.

FR: Last night I made Vietnamese chicken, DH was quizzing me on the ingredients- I think my use of Fish sauce was detected. Probably turkey burgers tonight.

NRR: DH didn't do anything about the bees. There were a couple buzzing around when I got the stroller out this morning (I walked in there very gingerly) and even more when I got back so I didn't put the stroller back in there. I put R in his playhouse and then went apeshit with the wasp spray. I for sure killed one, but I'm hoping that more bees will walk around in the poison. I stopped at the hardware store and spent $30 on wasp traps. DIE MOFO BEES, DIE!!!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- so sweet about the kisses. R rarely kisses me anymore, if I ask for them he only lets me kiss his forehead unless he's trying to be cute to get out of being in trouble. 2:15:59 is my HM PR.

runningeh- Do you have a food dehydrator? I've done thin slices of zucchini in there seasoned with garlic salt and sprayed with cooking spray and they kinda turn into chips. You can also julienne or cut strips with a vegetable peeler and use in place of noodles. Zucchini muffins, vegetable fritters, oven fried zucchini. I used to hate it as a kid but I eat it all the time now.

RG- glad you like your new shoes. I buy shoes for DH because he's helpless, but I don't know how I would feel if he bought me shoes I've never tried before lol

strollermama- R has done that with the dog food, the other day he was dicking around with the dog food bin and I went in the laundry room later and he had taken the lid off and the dog was eating directly from the bin.

Ernie- R loves going to the store- almost every night on the way home he asks to go to the store or the park.

Becky- Ugh, you need to put the lockdown on DH again. Report his cards as lost Evil  How many days of summer camp left for C? Isn't this the last week?

Dexy- I never understood horse love

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07