Womens Running

Peaceful Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

No alliteration just sending thoughts of release, peace, and comfort to all.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MyMomRuns, you have stated it very well.   :::HUG:::

Yesterday I ran 35 minutes on the track at the gym, but decided to wear an older pair of Adrenalines. BIG MISTAKE. It was like running barefoot on cement. Shoes can look great (especially if you run inside) but completely degrade internally.

Today I will wear the better Adrenalines. A quick stop at the store before I run will be necessary.

Happy runs, All.  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Oh, goodie, it's snowing again here

3.2 on TM, 100 squats.

Lisa - very well stated!

Judy - have a good track run!

Morning!  Thanks Lisa--nice sentiments indeed.  What beautiful snow trail pics!

I ran intervals this morning.  Low 30s here and breezy.  Whew!  I woulda run the tm but one of the guys wanted to run with me this morning.  He didn't show.  Wonder if he thought I was running on the tm this morning?  I did tell him if it rained I would be at the gym.....oh well.  Had a nice peaceful run and got home a few minutes sooner--I was actually on time for work.  Yay!!

Have a great day!

Anonymous Guest

Very true Lisa.

I did an easy hour on the bike yesterday. Legs were just too tired for anything else. 5 easy miles running tonight, and yes, they will be on the TM. And now I'm starting to get nervous about my conference call - I have two sections to speak to, one is the very first project I worked on, so I'm pretty comfortable with, the other is all the numbers of the program for the last year, which still get me confused sometimes even though I've gone over it a million times. My boss said she would "not interrupt, but supplement as needed", so hoping to avoid any tough questions I can't answer. My driveway is still a sheet of ice so I'm doing this from home. Roads should be okay tomorrow though, and that meeting is still on.

Best news - no snow or freezing rain or ice pellets predicted for the rest of the week. Hopefully this stuff will all be melted in the next couple of days.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

SugarLand

Morning everyone - cold this morning in Sugar Land 32 degress with rain

Lisa - photo's were beautiful - would love to run that trail

Does anyone know Tessa's address would love to send her a card

Tessa - my thoughts and prayers are with you daily -

TM for me today - 4 miles

Everyone have a wonderful day - find some beauty - blessings

Vicki

ginnyb

You ladies are not going to believe this.  I won another free race entry on facebook!  This time it is USRA!  I pick the race and they will pay for it.  Someone out there really wants me to keep running!   I can't believe it.  I better quit entering these things or I will be running too many!

Ginny

USRA Race Series

We are proud to announce the three winners of our Facebook contest:

Kelly Laughlin Sacks
                Lauren McBrearty
                Ginny Bess

Please email us at usrahalf@gmail.com what race you would like to run and we will take care of you!

Thanks

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Hi, ladies.  I have been busy with my first days back at work but I have been reading and hugging Tessa from this far South East.  Hope everything is going OK with her and that she and the family can find peace in this tough times.

I walked 3 miles yesterday with 0.20 intervals, did 15 miles on the bike Sunday and today I shall do at least 10 on the bike.  Recovery has been going great.

I am still in court, so this will be a quick hello, but I'll check back later hoping to hear from Tessa.  Stay strong.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Meeting went well. My boss emailed me that I did a great job with my sections, and then after a break when we were waiting for everyone to get back online, our lawyer told my boss that he wanted to commend me for doing an outstanding job. Went on and on for a bit about all the great things I did and said! I felt like I was stuttering and stammering (it's hard to give presentations to a blank wall with a dog trying to open the door behind you) but I guess I came across okay. Tomorrow's meeting will be more logistics since it's still going to be in-person, but I don't have to present in that one.

Ginny, wow! Congratulations on another free entry! Somebody out there wants you to continue racing, that's for sure.

Damaris, sounds like your recovery is coming along really well.

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, ooo! Free race! That's good.

Lisa, love the pictures. Even though you sound less than thrilled about more snow. Recall this nice cold weather when it is 100 degrees and 100 percent and you are inhaling a mosquito with each step and putting deerfly tape on your hat.

Laura, sorry your work partner is retiring.

Karen, didn't think moving further north was in the cards -- is it?

The roller coaster emotional ride of the last few months is over. Dan died yesterday afternoon. He went very quietly and peacefully, I had headed downtown to teach a class and when I got there I had an urgent message from my mother asking me to come back right away. Fortunately this was the one session of the semester that I had arranged for a guest lecturer, an attorney I know who is an expert in contract law as applied to insurance (a subject in which I am definitely not an expert), and I haven't heard the feedback but I hope it went all right. Got home and we called USC and the transport service with which they contract came out and picked up the body. I was so glad I'd arranged the paperwork yesterday morning.

I am a mess of conflicting feelings. 4.5 miles with RN this morning helped, and I headed out for 6 more once it got light. I'm staying home today because the hospice needs to pick up all their equipment -- bed, wheelchair, table, oxygen, suction machine, etc. -- but may go in tomorrow and take bereavement leave later. I can't do that much until I have certified copies of the death certificate, and we're not going to have a service so that doesn't need to be arranged.

Thanks, everyone, for your support and comfort over the last year.

camille2

Tessa, peace be with you and your family.

Anonymous Guest

Tessa, you handled this situation with so much grace and dignity. I truly admire you for all that you did so that Dan could go on his terms and in his way. I hope you and your kids find peace.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

So sorry Tessa. Death is never easy even when expected.

no run today.  I'm in Miami now. Will see D tomorrow when I'm down her way.

We spent a lot of time at the doggie hospital. Hammy was sick. Of course when we got there he acted fine. Even though he hadn't eaten all day didn't want treats. Was shaking and looked tired laid around moping and didn't want to get up.  Very unlike him. Had slight elevated temp but after a few hours his temp was fine. They couldn't find anything wrong. Today he was bee bopping around like nothing had happened. He is boarding today through Thursday so vet will keep an eye on him.

Marjorie

annieSusan

Tessa, my condolences to you and your children. You have been through a lot. I hope you are able to arrange some bereavement time, and that you are able to get some rest.

Hi to everyone else! I have been out of town for a week, visiting DS#1 in San Francisco. It was very good to see him. As I expected, it was not really very warm, but it was so nice to see green plants and not to have ice and snow everywhere. I did get in 3 runs. Wonderful! Now it is back to reality. TM run planned for tomorrow. It was great to come home and turn the calendar to March!

annieSusan

Docket_Rocket

I am very sorry to hear that, Tessa.  Lots of hugs and thought sent your way.  Hope you guys can find peace.

I walked again today.  With some running intervals adding to 1.90 of running.  Meeting Marjorie for dinner tomorrow and looking forward to it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page