Womens Running

Make it go away Monday - Supermoms (Read 15 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 10K treadmill commercial fartleks, I don't know what I'm going to watch on TV now that the Olympics are over.

TR - pooped in the potty TWICE in the span of 5 min yesterday.  We are still out of diapers and need some for nighttime but I think we'll try to hide them and produce only 1 diaper at bedtime.  He didn't do well in the potty dept. at preschool on Friday so I told DH to send lots of clothing changes today.

FR - curry chicken noodle soup

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

RR: Bootcamp followed by 5-6 miles before PT client. It's back to being cold again after a nice weekend in the 40's!

TR: was up at 5am today! Yikes. At least I know he will nap for me. Had a great weekend with gma here and was sad when she left. He was really good for me yesterday- took a walk to the park in the morning and we were outside again for another hr in the afternoon. It was so nice to play outside!

NRR: so tired. DH woke me up at 1:15 and I was awake until 2:40. Then I woke up at 3:40 and again when my alarm went off at 4:45. At least I have a fairly quiet day!

zorbs- it always seemed like the TVs at the gym were all set to news channels early in the morning. The gym where I used to work bought new TMs that have an individual TV on each one. It's awesome.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

running eh

RR - gah, I haven't run in weeks.  Is it bad to start again now?  My MIL tells me I shouldn't, but I thought I could take it easy and see how it goes.

KR - It's a PD day today and the kids are sick.  DD1 always gets it the worst, she is my sick kid.  She started running a fever on Friday (while at a friend's house) and I expect her to still have a fever tomorrow.  Every winter she gets this and it lasts at least a week.  At least she's pretty much past the croup age now.

FR - garlic shrimp and spinach linguine

NRR - DH was gone for 9 days but came home on Saturday morning.  So nice to have him back!

I really need to get back here regularly!  You ladies keep me accountable and keep me sane!  Smile

runninmer

Morning!

RR:  SRD today.  Had three really good runs over the weekend.  I was very happy with my pace for my LR and then finished my "recovery" run with the best mile pace with this garmin.  (I love the new record feature!)

BR:  I've decided he doesn't nap well on the weekends because he doesn't have grandma shoving milk in his gullet.  Bad naps means a bad nights sleep.

TR:  A pretty big weekend in just underwear in our house.

NRR:  Had a busy weekend.  I was toast by the time H went to bed last night.  Tonight, our nephew is spending the night.  He is 5.  It should be pretty interesting.  My brother and SIL are taking their middle child to be tested for Autism.  That, too, should be interesting.

FR:  I forgot a fork today for my lunch.  That means I have to walk all the way up to the cafeteria and back.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

RR - 10k recovery. It's freaking cold out again and will be for at least another week.

TR - Woke up at 7 but wanted to snuggle in bed with me for an hour. She is obsessed with this old, brown queen sized blanket DH has had for years, and when she wants to snuggle, she drags it around the house to me and says "Mommy, cover up baby!"

FR - Good question. I need to meal plan and grocery shop today.

NRR - Weekend was really fun but very busy. DH and I watched a movie after S went to bed last night, but I missed most of it, because I kept falling asleep. Going to get some professional pictures of S done today. She has a giant knot in her hair that I should probably try to untangle before then.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

beckykay

Ugh, I hate Mondays.

RR:  3miles on tap, my ITband is KILLING ME.  Rolled it, stretched it....no idea what I didn't to it.  After yoga class, I could barely move.  Ugh.\

TR:  Is obsessed with this pirate game on the ipad.  I need to hide it for a few days.  DH is only helping feed the addiction and playing it with him.

FR:  Carrot soup for lunch and steak for dinner. I didn't think I would like the soup, but it is yummy.

NRR:  On of our problem clients is firing us, hooray!  These people seriously have no clue and are super rude.  I am glad to be rid of them.

Zorbs:  Hooray for potty!

RG:  Yikes, I hope you can take a nap today.

Eh:  No harm in taking it easy.  Poor kiddos, hope they feel better.

Mer:  hooray for underwear.  Boo on the lunch.  I hate when I forget mine.

Ernie:  Too cute on the blanket.  LOL on the tangles.  I am glad I have a boy in that aspect.  I can't imagine having to do hair for anyone since I am a ponytail gal.  How was the party?  Too much food? Wink

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: If I have time I will try to get at least a run in, if not some lifting too. I took a whole week off with this cold. It wasn't that I was too sick to run per se, just felt really worn down and needed a break.

TR: Needs a haircut, badly. Pretty good kid this weekend. Got one timeout/spank for interrupting Daddy and telling him to Stop and Be Quiet when daddy was telling him something.

FR: I'm tracking calories again. I don't think the 5 lbs I gained in the last 6 weeks is 100% water retention...  Ugh. I've had a lot more struggle with my weight this past year since going GF. I know its because my body is actually using food rather than passing it through undigested. I used to be able to drop 5 lbs in a month, easy, and now I have to track calories really carefully to even lose 2 lbs in a month.

NRR: Well woman exam at the doctor today. Monday, could you suck any more?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

NRR2- I actually unpacked 2 boxes, cleaned out the desk and reorganized it! I feel a little more at home now. Just need to start sifting through the boxes of decor crap to come up with a plan.

zorbs- yay for pooping in the potty! It was not uncommon for R to pee 3 whole outfits in a day when we made a big push for potty training. Eventually they get tired of pissing themselves, or decide they really like the candy bribes enough to go in the  potty. I'm running low on nighttime diapers, I think I will ask the babysitter to give me whatever diapers I have left for R there to take home.

RG- Ugh our gym always has the tvs set to basketball or the country music video station. One time I had to endure a 6 mile run while some old dude was watching a documentary about chickens. I think News or Friends reruns are a good compromise for people to watch at the gym.

Eh- why did DH go to Belize? And more importantly, why didn't he take you???  you should be fine to run if you just run easy and don't try record setting mileage.

mer- R sleeps better when he has good naps too.  Yay for underwear!

Ernie- I fall asleep watching TV, always. Drives DH nuts.

Becky- DH makes fun of me for putting carrots in everything. I only like chunky soup, I think pureed soups are boring.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

running eh

zorbs - Yay for DS! DD is usually good during the day, but lately she has been going to the washroom on her own without me noticing.  She is not the best wiper and it can get nasty when I find out what happened an hour or two later.  GROSS!  I miss the Olympics already too.  It is such an exciting time!  I've been away from here for quite a while, so how is DS liking school?

rg - I am so impressed with all of your running and working out, good for you!  Why did DH wake you up?  I am guessing it wasn't intentional.  Yay for gmas coming over.  So nice for DS and you.  How are you feeling?  Any belly to speak of yet?  Smile

mer - sorry about the fork!  Haha about walking all the way to the cafeteria to get one.  Does DS know his cousin well?  Sounds like they will probably have a good time together.  That is too bad about the autism.  Way to go on the mile record!

ernie- Hope the pics go well.  Can you post them on FB?  Cute about the blanket.  I love that she refers to herself as baby.  Does she do that all of the time or only in this instance.

becky - I made a carrot and lentil soup a few weeks ago, but then I couldn't even bring myself to eat it.  It sounded good before I made it, but it sat in the fridge and then started to go mouldy so I threw it out - what a waste!  Yay on getting rid of a problem client.  They think they are punishing you, but really they are doing you a big favour!  Sorry about the IT band - maybe some chiro or massage is needed?!?

spike - I love to organizing a space or giving something a good cleaning gets me motivated and gets me excited about my house again.  I am really thinking we should move in the next year or so, but DH is against it.  If I am organized it's not too bad here, but it is a really small house and we will be a family of 6.  Where do you track your calories?  Online?  Hope the exam goes well.  Funny, after I had my first kid I thought that those kind of things would never phase me again, but I am glad that I got some sense of modesty back.  DH has been going on trips the last 6 yrs.  It is through his work, but it is a mission trip to build a school.  It is always with a group of co-workers and other subtrades he knows.  Always all men.  They work hard, but it does sound like fun.  He volunteers his time and his boss pays his way.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Eh- our old house was like that- built in 1950 with tiny closets and whatnot so keeping stuff tidy and organized was essential. We have about 400 more sqft in the new place and it feels so empty without decorations and stuff right now. I want to paint some walls, but need to get DH to look at colors with me and help me make a plan. I'm thinking a super dark forest green wall in the den then mount the TV on it and build some stained wooden shelving around it, then a dark blue-grey wall in the master, thinking maybe a dark yet bold cobalt/sapphire blue in the dining room, then a nice warm brown in the living room. Maybe when bossman gets back from vacation, I will take a few days off and paint, decorate, and stain my butt off.

runninmer

zorbs - Today will be J's first time without a diaper at Y class.  I am curious to see how it goes.

rg - We had similar hours last night.  I got fed up at 6am and told DH I would rather chop of my boobs than nurse one.more.time.  So he went in and rocked H.

eh! - Its good to "see" you back here.  I was thinking of you just this past week.   How are you doing?  J and his cousin aren't super close, but I am hoping a playmate makes our night a little easier.

ernie - I can't wait to see the professional pics of S.  I bet she will be quite the ham in front of the camera!

spike - I'm glad you are feeling a little better. J got pretty mouthy with us this weekend.  Its amazing how much the repeat of what we say.  He needs a hair cut really bad too.  DH talked with my mom about getting it done this week.

becky - I give you a LOT of credit for doing what you do.  But, I guess they couldn't be much worse than middle schoolers! Wink

Upcoming Races: 

runnergirl9508

r-eh- hey! good to see you here again! how many weeks along are you now? I hope you're feeling great. I'd say you're safe to start back up with running. I'd go with a run/walk and see how it feels. mmm spinach linguine sounds yummy. yay for DH being home- that's a long time to solo parent. I'm just now starting to pop at 22 weeks Smile DH didn't intentionally wake me. He's getting over a man-cold and was snoring pretty loudly.

mer- sorry for the tough night for you too. glad you got some good runs in over the weekend. Are you signed up for a spring race? Oh no, I hope that everything turns out ok with your brother/SIL's kid Sad

Ernie- ugh it's cold here too. I'm so done with this winter! awww, so sweet abut the snuggles with S! we've never tried bringing R into bed with us. hope the pictures go well today, and good luck grocery shopping.

becky- oh no! I hope your IT is ok. lol on the pirate game- sounds like DH and C both need a time limit on the iPad Wink mmmm, post your recipe for the soup- that sounds yummy! hooray on the clients firing you (that's weird to type, haha)

spike- glad you're feeling better, and I hope you can get a good workout in this week! R needs a haircut too. it's getting long in the back. Good luck with the weight loss. A dr apt on Monday- bleh. Hooray on unpacking more boxes! The worst TM run I had was one winter during an ice storm. The storm had messed up the TV signals and the only two channels that came in were ESPN (it was the middle of basketball season) and Fox News ( I HATE that channel with a burning passion). I had forgotten my ipod that day, and was soooo bored by the end of that run. it was horrible.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

OMG.  B stayed dry at school AND ate corn and applesauce.  I am nearly dead of shock.

rg - all the TMs at LAF have individual TVs and of course at home I can watch whatever I like, so it's been a long time since I've had to deal with communal gym TVs.

eh - nice to see you! PD day on a Monday seems weird? Today was only B's 2nd day at school and he's been doing wonderfully so far.

mer - is it a long, long trek to the cafeteria? I keep an emergency spork in my gym bag.

ernie - bff gave me a gift cert for a photo shoot when B was baptised (4 months old) and we still haven't done it yet.

becky - let's just say I parked myself in a chair in front of the food table at ernie's house and Ate All The Things.

spike - it took me 4 years to lose from 135 to 115.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

superspike113

Honorary Old

OMG.  B stayed dry at school AND ate corn and applesauce.  I am nearly dead of shock.

spike - it took me 4 years to lose from 135 to 115.

zorbs- Yay!  And that is depressing.TMI but losing weight was so easy when I would eat food and it would come out looking largely unchanged. I've been snacking a lot lately though and I need to be accountable. *sigh*

runninmer

zorbs - It really is a long walk.  My room is the farthest point from that side of the building.  I sent a student to do it for me.  I only get 30 minutes and don't want it all eaten up by walking there and back. YAY for B.  They say when it clicks, it clicks!  I'm curious, when you do the fartleks, by how much do you increase your pace?

rg - Yes!  I have a spring race.  I am visiting my favorite super mom in MI and running the Gazelle Girl half again this year.  I cannot wait.  I am really torn about how I feel with the testing for my nephew.  Their oldest is on ADD meds and I think the youngest is too.  I think that we are too quick to diagnose, but if there IS something going on then I want it taken care of.  I also think the term "anxiety" is being way over used right now.  Even DH said last night that he feels bad that  J has "anxiety" about pooping on the toilet.  I think I need to research the true meaning and use of the term....I digress.

Upcoming Races: