Womens Running

Morose Monday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Or as the SNL throwback show with "Sean Connery" playing on Jeopardy makes me wonder.....is that Mo' Rose Monday?

Karen-bummer on race being called but safety is first and if on roads with slick snow that can be dangerous.

Gatsby-sweet!  the race that run buddy had to withdraw from is Miwok (conflicts with kids recitals)...same trails?

Susan-good to see you back in land of the "living!"  PF?  groan.  get thee back to trails.  and no more winter barefoot running for you Missy!

Tessa-ahhh gardening... only green I've seen was when on Michigan State's campus.

Margaret-speedy lady on the rebound!

Demaris-glad to hear summer is starting somewhere (sorry).  Nice run!

Ginny-good job getting back on the TM!

Camille-stay safe!

Cindy-poor mom with the 4 snow days.   LOL

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Runnersmom1320, good to see you again! If it's PF, you are in good company. I've been battling it all winter. Finally it's improving.

Lisa, the trail looks beautiful for a good run.

Friday I tried another cardio dvd (50 minutes) with light hand weights added. It looks like it would be a good one in which to invest. That way I can get weights added in when I don’t quite get time otherwise.

Saturday a friend and I went over to the gym. I had a good 35 minute run with no foot pain during or after. Yaaaaay!

Sunday I did 50 minutes of cardio dvd with weights. I am starting to regain the little strength I had in my arms.

Today I hope to do another long cardio or even a TM run. We shall see.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Loved your trail run pictures!!!  Saturday's temp was such a treat Smile

Judy - Yay, on the run with no foot pain!!!

I ran 9 with RB on Saturday in 20 degree temps!!! Woohoo!!!  That was the longest run I have had since being sick.

Yesterday was DD#2's baby shower.  Was very nice and everything went fine but whew, I am glad it is over!!!! She doesn't like to be the center of attention and was a nervous wreck about it....

Planning on stability ball today...then I have to get packed to leave for a conference in Nashville for the end of the week.  Anyone know much about things to do or see in Nashville?  DH is going along.

Hi to all!

Carol

ginnyb

Lisa...nice pictures of the trail.  Looks like fun to run that.  Glad the trail was in good shape.

Carol...have fun in Nashville.  I know nothing about the city however.

Judy...good workouts!

Did my weights this morning.  My son in law is working at Cedar Point and he sent me the temp -14!  This is getting really old.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

camille2

Lisa, nice pics!

Judy, hope your injuries go away!

Ginny, good for you for doing your  the weights.

Carol, my bro lived in Nashville and I've been several times, but he's not much of a tourist so I only saw a little and ran Country Music one year.   I think it's Music Row that has the bars with aspiring musicians. My sis-in-law went there and it was fun to hear the hopefuls.  Studio B were Elvis recorded is there, too.  We drove by the Parthenon.  If you have time for a run, the park where the Flying Monkey is held is pretty close to the city (or Franklin).  If you are a country fan, my sis-in-law said she sometimes saw country stars shopping at the downtown Franklin shops.

Karen, I hope you haven't run into  the ice in Texas.

Hi to everyone else.

I ran yesterday and saw McFarland, which we really enjoyed.  I'm hiking with the club this afternoon.

Anonymous Guest

Morning from cloudy, rainy, cold (for here) Texas. Rental car experience from hell last night, but we made it to the hotel finally around 11 last night. I took the morning off from work, DH is about to hop on a conference call. The two of us working in a hotel room all week could get interesting. Walk through on the house at 10 - excited.

Susan, I hope hope hope it's not PF. While mine is mostly gone, I have been dealing with it since August. And from what I've heard from others, I got off easy - some deal with it for a year or more.

Lisa, sounds like an awesome run for you yesterday.

Judy, cardio with light weights sounds like a good idea. Two for the price of one!

Carol, never been to Nashville, but I bet it's a lot of fun.

Gatsby, sounds like your 20 mile race went well.

Ginny, good job getting the weights done. The cold is awful. We got about 8 inches of snow Saturday, then 45 degrees Sunday so we had tons of melting, then 7 at home this morning. So I'm guessing the roads there are pretty sketchy - glad to be down here even though it's only 40 and rainy here today.

camille, I really want to see McFarland. I've heard good things about it, plus I have a weird crush on Kevin Costner and have seen all his crappy movies. This one is supposed to be pretty good.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  8 miles tonight.

Lisa, LOL.

Judy, great workouts.

Caroll, enjoy the stability ball.

Ginny, nice job on the weights.

Camille, how did you like the movie?  I want to see it.

Karen, enjoy the walkthrough!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hey!  Took Thursday afternoon and Friday off from work to deal with plumbers.  OMG they drive me CRAZY!!!  The washing machine drain line was clogged.  Plumber broke the handle on the hose bib while blowing out the line.  Couldn't get the handle off to replace it, so he replaced the hose bib.  Cracked the line in the wall between bricks and sink.  Too fat to get under sink.  Brought over the owner's stepson to crawl under sink.  Had to cut away a portion of the cabinet to get to the line.  Replaced that, only to see another leak in the cast iron drain pipe.  That was at 8:30 pm.  I was SO done!!  Had to return Friday and finished around lunch time.  Kid was only 16--doesn't he belong in school somewhere?  I was a nervous wreck by the time they left, cost 3x what I thought it should AND I had sheetrock dust all over and had to clean the kitchen and pull out all the pots and pans and wash them too.  Sad

Saturday did a long ride in stiff winds with my training partner and a couple of others.  42+ miles in 2.5 hours.  Sunday we did 10 miles at a 9 minute pace.  Whew!

Didn't sleep well with this stupid headache (sinus maybe?) so I didn't swim.  Maybe after work.  Construction workers are cutting brick outside my office today.  Not helping the headache.

Susan--PF--my $.02 :  Shoes!!  My house slippers were aggravating PF and I think I had another pair of casual shoes and my combat boots (when I was on active duty) that aggravated it.  Maybe some of your everyday shoes are bothering you?

Have a great day!!

camille2

About the movie, there were 4 of us and we really enjoyed it!  Of course, the last ones we saw were  Unbroken, Sniper (I skipped) and the Imagination Game. They were really good, but we were quite ready for a happy ending.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

rest day.  sigh should have run as tomorrow we may get some freezing rain.  Will have to wait and see.  chances aren't high so hope it passes us.  This area does not do well with winter precip.

Lisa like the Sean Connery SNL reference

Carol when is she due?  Depends on where you are staying in Nashville.  There is  a ton of stuff.  It isn't the easiest town to navigate around, though.

-14?  no thanks Ginny

Karen take it they got everything fixed.  Hate the rental headaches!

Sue ouch!  Plumbing is so expensive!

Marjorie

Hi all,

No rose, Monday???  Well definitely no roses here in Michigan.  No rose, Monday... yep, didn't want to rise, Monday....

Lisa, let me know when you're heading to the trails.  I so miss running with you! and on trails!  Yeah, I'm really thinking PF... Sad  Did 1 mile on the stairmaster and then 25 min on bike (said 1.5 mile, but that seems nuts.. I wasn't going that slowly). Foot felt fine.  Seemed to get aggravated during the day the more I walked.  Came home and put on my keens and it felt better, so perhaps I should go out and get another pair of shoes.  The ones I have clarks but I wear them alot so the soles are pretty worn.  Perhaps that is part of the problem.  Rolling it on a frozen water bottle as I write.

Yes, you are right... only green around her is the green on campus (well that and the evergreens).

Judy, funny how you mention that you've been battling PF all winter.  I'm wondering if the cold has some effect on the tendons and fascia?  Glad yours is improving. 

Carol, Glad you're feeling better.  Congratulation to DD#2.

Ginny, Yep... -11 this morning here.  You can say that again... definitely getting really old!

Camille, Hope you had a really nice hike today!

Karen, a year will drive me crazy... hopefully not!  Hope the house visit went well!  Yeah, a week in a hotel room trying to work... would drive me.... maybe the "business center" will be quiet during the day and one of you can spend some time there?

Damaris, We're going to be down your way for spring break.  DS is going to scuba dive with his class and we need to get out of the frozen tundra.  We're staying near West Palm Beach (a bit inland to get away from the spring breakers).

Sue, plumbing job sounds like a nightmare.  Glad it is done and hopefully fixed right.

Here's one of our engineers and members of the senior capstone design class setting a school record in the 1000m.  http://www.flotrack.org/coverage/252118-SPIRE-Invitational-2015/video/760357-Mens-1k-H03#.VOFHumMhCEo

Nothing much else new here... one of those days... didn't get half of what I need to done.  And the emails keep coming Sad

Better get back to grading.

Anonymous Guest

The house looks good. All the major issues have been fixed, just some minor touch ups and repairs. Closing scheduled for noon on Friday., and then we fly back to old home Saturday. We'll be two-house owners for awhile. I am so excited, and am glad we're getting a bunch of new furniture - the stuff we've got just isn't up to par with the house. And they haven't started on the house on the corner lot next to our house yet, so if we can get the pool started quickly, it should be really easy access for that to get done. They should be able to just take out a couple sections of fence, get in and done and put the fence back up. Our back yard is big (for your typical "houses stuck way too close together" suburban neighborhood), and the house going on the corner lot and the house behind us are both one stories, so we may even have a bit of privacy.

Crazysue, what a nightmare with the plumbers! Your training is starting to get serious....my friend that is staying with us and doing IMTX as her first is freaking out on a regular basis.

Marjorie, hope the freezing rain stays away. I ended up with a rest day as well, just tired from travel and stuff.

Susan, I do hope it's not PF. If it keeps up, see a doctor to make sure. And if it is, be prepared for some frustration. I pretty much threw the kitchen sink at it - stretching the foot and calf (eccentric heel drops, which I hold for like 3 minutes seemed to really help), rolling the calves, rolling the foot with a foot roller and a golf ball and a frozen water bottle, massage (I would go for 20 minutes and he would spend the entire time on my right foot and lower leg), magnesium supplements, wearing old running shoes with "heel that pain" inserts everywhere, even around the house, even at work, the Strassburg sock at night, taping (I still tape it before most runs), a stretch called "toes pose" I found on RWOL, stretching the foot every morning before getting out of bed, and that's all I can think of right now. I cut way back on running and once I started back I did only easy running for several months, no speedwork, no really long runs other than a few marathons to get the states done before we moved. I blew off my fall goal marathon and am still only running a fraction of what I was. But I'm running again, pain free, so there is an end in sight. I figure at least a year to get back to where I was speed wise.

Oh I forgot, Cindy, you said you were reading What Alice Forgot - I read that awhile back. I really enjoyed it. I've read a couple other books by the same author, which I enjoyed but not as much. I think that one is her best.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Quick hello!  Glad Monday is done.

Exciting stuff with the new house Karen!

Lisa, Miwok is on trails north of the GG Bridge, around 1.5 hours' drive from here.  My race on Sat was just up the road in Pacifica, a few minutes away.  Too bad your friend had to withdraw form Miwok.  Not an easy race to get into.

Waves to everyone else.  Just doing a quick fly by tonight...

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR