Womens Running

It's Hump Day Supermoms (Read 22 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Mamas~

RR/ER: bootcamp this morning + mileage afterwards. My first client cancelled last minute (but still told me to charge her because it was such short notice), so I have a big chunk of time to run. 8-10 miles most likely.

TR: woke up randomly crying at 3:45am, but it only lasted a minute so I didn't have to get out of bed to check on him. He loves to help out with whatever I'm doing around the house- sweeping the floors, laundry, cleaning. Yesterday he got one of the scrub brushes out of the bathroom and was scrubbing the walls and floors- so cute!

NRR: so last night we're just finishing up dinner and the doorbell rings. I was expecting it to be one of the neighbors, but nope when I opened the door it was DH's two aunts- the ones who invited themselves over for a weekend last month. They were on their way home from visiting other family and stopped by to say hi, and to give us a "thank you" card for letting them stay with us. Making nice, I guess. They didn't stay more than like 3 minutes.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - ST at the gym. Legs are a bit more sore, stupid 48 hour DOMS. The shin thing that bugged me last week is still there, I can't feel it when I run, but it's not 100%.  I would love to get a massage, but I think physio is a higher priority and I can't afford both.

TR - woke up, came downstairs and said "use potty." But then no more potty for the rest of the day.

FR - glass noodles with ground chicken and mushrooms.

NRR - can't stop thinking about the new pale pink pacesetter at lulu and will probably go buy it today.  I don't really deserve it (I didn't PR after all) but I have both a l/s and a s/s in that same shade pink so that would give me a lot of outfit options for my HM in a couple weeks.  I already know what I'm wearing in Richmond. Smile

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - 10 later w. 2 @ HMP and 2 @ 10k. - gulp!

RR#2 - working nights.  thinking of doing my long run on Friday morning right after work - benefits are no rain in the forecast and a more open weekend.  cons are running 20+ right after a 12 hr night shift and having to pay a sitter....

FR - split pea soup

KR - dress up as a community leader today at school.  DS is being a firefighter, DD1 is a teacher.  I hate these dress up days.  This one isn't too bad, but some of them are obscure and I hate having to buy stuff just for one day.

rg - that was thoughtful of DH's aunts.  I was afraid you were going to say they wanted to stay over again!  Enjoy that run.  Nice of DS to be so helpful - can you send him over here for a few hours?!?

zorbs - you could go w. the massage instead of the lulu skirt...  What are you wearing at Richmond??  I will pack a few options, but I think I am going to wear capris and a tshirt.  FR sounds yummy!!

Erniegirl

RR - 9k with 6k @ tempo pace. Might have to bust out the arm warmers today!

TR - Was slightly better at sitting still during library program yesterday. Although, at one point, she was running around the room, tapping all the other moms on the shoulder and shouting "BOO!" when they turned around. And she figured out how to open the door and escape into the hallway.

FR  - Italian sausage and rapini over polenta

NRR - Last day of S's sensory fun class today. Other than that, not much going on today. It's really cooled off here - yesterday S and I had to wear winter coats when we were outside playing at 5 pm.

~~~~

rg - Extra time to run + still getting paid for the training session = awesome morning! Nice that DH's aunts brought a card by (and that they didn't stay long, heh heh). Do you think they knew you were not happy with them inviting themselves over?

zorbs - I always figure that if you can't stop thinking about something, you should buy it. Or maybe use the money for a massage this week and then by the skirt next week?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - 4.3 miles.. Monday I wore shorts... this morning there was a windchill and I had to break out the pants, gloves and ear muffs.. still, I love running in the colder temps vs summer..

RR2 - think i'm going to do the 5km on sunday, but no real expectations... except to not finish last..

TR - daycare asked us to send a hat and mittens to school with C since it's so cold in the AM... I just bought a hat/glove set for her.. I had to buy it in a much bigger size because she seems to have a big head, so the hat fits but the gloves are waaaay to big... will have to find time to go and shop for better fitting gloves..

NRR - finished my demo before the fire drill but my afternoon meeting almost killed me.. we're supposed to be planning out the work to be done for the next phase of our project but these meetings always turn out to be long, drawn out technical discussions that have nothing to do with me.. after 2.5 hours I told my manager I was leaving since it was clear i wasn't needed...

rg - that's nice of the aunts to stop by with a thank you card.. and that they only stayed 3 minutes.. ha... that's cute about R helping you clean.. all my friends say their toddlers love to help them clean too, but so far C isn't into it...

zorbs - re: not knowing metric...ya, what can I say, me and numbers were never good friends.. i guess forgetting the diff between metric and imperial makes you and others think i'm pretty unintelligent...

ernie - i refuse to put on a winter coat until at least november.. it just doesn't seem right!  I used to try and hold out until november before wearing pants to run but this morning was way too cold, with the windchill in the 20s!

eh - i love split pea soup!!  i've only had canned versions though... i never liked it until I met DH and it's the only soup he will eat.

beckykay

Got dressed for work and crawled back under the covers.  Trying to motivate myself to go to work and it is not working Smile

RR: 5 with RPs.  Sbux.  Wonderful time, I wish everyday could start this way.

TR:  So cute this morning.  Just growing up so fast.

SRR:  Trying to decided on a 5k on Sat.  Lots of the RP will be there.

FR:  black bean burger and sweet potato fries.

armmama

RR - 4 miles this morning and no weird people asking me directions Smile  I was really tired though, I think I'm getting this cold everyone else has.  Woke up with a sore throat and a little congested.  Hopefully it's short lived.

BR - nose is still runny but was acting fine yestserday so hopefully he's good to go to his childcare this morning.

KR - DD2 threw up at school so I had to go pick her up and they won't let me send her to school today.  I'm annoyed.  She's not sick, she has reflux and occasionally it makes her throw up.  The school nurse sent me an email reminding me of the school poicy of no vomiting for 24 hours and I sent her an email back basically saying duh, no one is going to catch acid reflux.  But whatever.  We'll go to Trader Joe's today.

FR - the taco soup I didn't make yesterday.

NRR - I've been organizing like a madwoman the last few days and I'm finally starting to feel good about the house.  I just need DH to hang some things this weekend.  Builder guy is coming over today so we can make sure we're all on the same page with a couple renovations and hopefully they'll be able to start on that soon.

rg - I was afraid you were going to say DH's aunts stopped by to stay unannounced!  That was nice they gave you a thank you card.  That would be nice if R continued his helpfulness when he got a little older and could actually clean for you!  Smile  I want to buy L a little rake and shovel so he can "help" me with yardwork.

zorbs - hopefully the physio can fix your shin.  I have a lulu GC burning a hole in my pocket, I might have to check out the new colors.  I've been waiting to see what the weather will be for my marathon.

eh - good luck on your run, I'm sure you'll do great!  Tough call about the 20 after work.  I LOVE getting my runs in Saturday morning so I have the rest of the weekend to not think about it and just relax.  Yuck, I wouldn't like those dress up days either.

ernie - Wasn't life easier before they figured out how to open doors?  Smile  I have arm warmers but have never figured out a good time to wear them.

cx2 - I know I'm going to miss wearing shorts and a tank but I am loving the colder temps right now.  ha, not finishing last is a good goal!  I love races with no expectations.

becky - a nice run and sbux sounds like a wonderful start to the day!  I hope you were able to get out of the covers.  Smile

strollermama

RR: RD.  Yesterday I went to the gym, did a 3 mi trail loop, and did the JQ's 5k loop.  This has been a great start to the week running wise!

TR: We met with a new babysitter yesterday and H was in love!! he is usually shy at first but he was showing off, spinning in circles and laughing. Then he brought her books and started nuzzling his head in her lap. Needless to say, she is hired!

NRR: 2 more days until my flight!  Looking forward to a weekend with just DH.  I don't remember the last time we had one.  Now that I think of it, not sure we have since H was born.

From yesterday -

bermy - Sorry, it is hard to keep track of me especially since I haven't been posting on here until recently.  We did move again, but just back to our old house.  We do not live on a base.  I do have a number of army friends but they live spread out all over the country.  I have very few here which is why i am so excited those friends are moving here.  It has been kind of lonely lately because I don't know that many people here.

RG - I thought your story was going to end in them inviting themselves over, haha!!  So glad it was just a thank you.

zorbs - You didn't PR but you were so close!  I vote you earned it!

eh - You are tough mama.  The thought of 20 miles after a 12 hour shift sounds horrible to me!  I think I would rather run in the rain...

ernie - We went to a story hour at the library recently and your description is exactly how it went.  I kept thinking why can't he sit still like all of these other kids!

cx2 - Brrr on the run.  I ran yesterday in shorts and a tshirt and was sweating, our weather is so weird.  Glad you decided to do the 5k!

becky - I am always so jealous of your Wed run group!

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

beckykay

Ok, finally got my butt out of bed.  Flannel sheets were a bad idea Smile

RG:  Whew, I am glad the aunts didn't stay long.

Zorbs:  Ack!  I want a new pacesetter now.  Finishing is always reason for a treat for me Wink

Eh!:  20 miles after a night shift?  Wowzers, that is amazing.

Ernie:  I busted out the l/s today.

cx2:  I cannot for the life of me keep hat/mittens together for C.  I've even tried clipping them to his coat.  Yep, missing again.

arm:  Hahahaha, sorry your daughter has reflux but that is pretty funny the nurse reminded you of the policy.  Of course no one is going to catch it!  I love it when the school would tell me that C is wheezy and might need a "rest" day.  Yes. No one is going to catch his asthma.

Stroller:  Awe!  I love it when they warm up to a person right away.   When I went to RPs house for dinner, her daughter climbed in my lap and started lounging on me.  It was adorable.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 15 ish km tonight w/ RP.  ST'ing at lunch at the gym, plus foam rolling, left hip is tight again... but this is my 5th day running in a row, so no surprise there.

TR - muuuuch happier last night.  Had a bath last night and I let her stay in after I got O out, was downstairs folding laundry while she played and went up to check and there was water everywhere! omg, the bath mat was soaked... I was like, 'you have to leave the water in the tub' and she was arguing that she was only putting the bubbles out... ACK silly girl!

BR - was up for a few minutes around midnight, I went in to check on her since she's been teething but she just snuggled with me and was falling asleep so back to bed she went.  She doesn't cry at all when DH drops her at the dayhome now.

FR - DH's in charge, I'm running, but most likely leftovers as there are lots.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - that's good that she's still paying you when she cancels last minute! OMG I totally thought you were going to say that the aunts wanted to stay over! Nice of them to drop off a card.

zorbs - bummer that you can't get PT and a massage!  Mmmm on your FR, have you made it before, looks super yummy!

r-eh - looks like a good workout today!  I'm doing 20 on Friday also, but am not working, my kids will be in daycare though.  Will you get to go to sleep after  your run, or have to look after kids?

ernie - it's super warm here this week, I was in shorts and a tee yesterday, it was great!  Last week I was in tights.

cx2 - Oh I'll take running in Feb over august any day of the week.  I keep reminding myself of that when I feel like bitching about -20, and then I shut up.  I don't doubt your intelligence w/ the metric/imperial thing, I've just never heard of a canadian under the age of 60 who wasn't metric-ized.

becky - run the 5k!  Your Sbux mornings sound amazing!

arm - oh no on the cold, rest up if you have to, better to miss a run than not get over it quick!  Ugh annoying on DD and the school thing!

stroller - nice workout day yesterday! YAY for a new babysitter!

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Oh and I forgot a RR - RLAM posted on FB yesterday that they needed someone for a call-in podcast who'd run a zombie run, well RP has, and so she's recording w/ SBS and DM today to be on their podcast!  Cool hey? Smile

running eh

NRR - DD2 is rewashing the windows I just washed.  She is standing on the arm of a chair and singing Katy Perry's "Roar" while she is doing it!

ernie - uh oh on S figuring out the door at the library program!  Too bad the sensory class is over.  DS came home talking about something called Oobleck that he wants to make.  I have never heard of it before, but it is probably something that one would use in a sensory class.  I am so not crafty, but I did do a little craft with him yesterday.  I should do it more often.  I have never eaten polenta, but your FR sounds good.  Do you get the CSA boxes all year round?

Cx2 - my kids have huge heads - in fact, people would comment on it when they were little and say things like - that must have hurt, pushing out those huge heads.  NICE!  Way to get out of that meeting, sounds painfully boring!

becky - your Wed. runs sounds pretty fun.  MMM black bean burgers - sounds yum!!

arm - yay on feeling organized!  Sorry about DD2 - how silly!  Have fun at TJs.  I know SIL really misses TJs since she moved to AL.

stroller - boy, you were active yesterday! So glad the new sitter was a hit.  Is this a FT sitter or is H still in daycare (sorry, I should know this...)  Yay for 2 more days, so exciting!!!

CA - you are hardcore!  5 days in a row!!!  Enjoy that run w. RP tonight.  Glad O had a good sleep last night, despite the wakeup and glad she is okay w. the dayhome drop off now!  My kids always make huge water lakes outside the tub - it drives me crazy, but I guess at least the floor is getting cleaned.  Yes, I will be up all day on Friday AND it is a PD day, so all three kids will be home.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Didn't go last night. Hoping to do 5 tonight.

TR: Seems to be feeling better. Was actually in a decent mood all day and well-behaved for daddy despite the poops. Hasn't gone yet this morning so not sure if he's clear to go to daycare or not. He's obsessed with my hairbrush and comb, I have to track them down every morning when I get out of the shower. Major meltdown ensued when I took the comb from his hands to brush my hair for 5 seconds.

FR: Last night was chicken chili, maybe Teriyaki tonight.

NRR: Work has been insane the last 2 days, hoping its calmer today.  I still haven't gotten around to picking out my next pair of running shoes. I'm so disgruntled with Asics for discontinuing the past 3 models of shoes I've worn. I think I might try Brooks again.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- Sometimes I like surprise visitors, but it depends on who it is.

zorbs- If I liked pink, it would open up a lot of clothing options for me.

eh- THat's a weird dress up day. But then again, I saw that one of our local schools had a "Duck Dynasty" dress up day?!

Ernie-  Maybe S would like the book "Peeka Who?"

cx2- I have the same problem with R. I bought a hat that is supposed to fit up to age 4 and its tight on him. The 18 mos gloves fit though. I got mine at Children's place. I need to locate a second pair of snow pants for R so I can leave one at daycare and have one at home.

becky- I'm thinking about signing up for a 5k on the 2nd, but I haven't been running any speedwork so it kind of seems like a waste. Maybe I can get RP to run down to the track with me today.

armama- LOL at contagious reflux. My nephew has that too, it seems to be getting better though. I left R with DH and told him to wait until R poops to see if he's ok to go to daycare. I'm looking forward to getting my new place all organized. I'm going to go buckwild with storage bins and closet systems.

stroller- have fun with DH. Glad you found a new sitter that H likes.

CA- I hate having to have the "Water stays in the tub" conversation 5000x each bath.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07