Womens Running

Transcending Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Are you transcending anything this week?  Wink

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday Fast Buddy’s foot was doing better so after my own 20 minutes, we did 25 minutes added.

At home I did 35 minutes cardio DVD.

Today will be a track run and cardio DVD I think. Fast Buddy might appear again. Not sure. Big grin

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Morning Ladies,

Judy - As usual, nice workouts!

LCruns - My DH would love it if I wanted to learn to shoot....glad you had fun.  Weather was great yesterday wasn't it!!!

LisaMMR - I am sure Indy is going to be packed....30,000 runners.  I saw the medals from DFP on FB, I really had such a great time at that last year....hmmm.  I haven't heard if it is Full?

Off to work and then swim class tonight.  Wish it was Karen's Total Immersion class Smile

Carol

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Well, okay.... i have to admit that with sleepy eyes I thought that today's topic read "transgendered" Tuesday.  My conclusion was that more coffee was in order Smile

So, my official total for the month is 50.65 (by the Garmin).  Hoooooray!  Thanks for the support, y'all!

WOW.... such great information and opinions on  the shoe thing.

Marjorie - Thanks.  I kinda figured it was as individual as the runner. YAY on the 11.1

Camille - I have noticed that the "cool" shoes (all the pretty colors) are the minimalist shoes.  And, I'm like a crow... I'm drawn to the pretty things.

Carol - Thank you!  Are you back in the swing of things today?

Tessa - I used to feel the same way about the Sun, until I moved north.  Now, I promise myself that I will never again take a sunny day for granted (Spring was on a Tuesday this year).

Lisa - thank you SO much for the overview related to shoes.  I also appreciate your own personal experiences.  I am a moderate over pronator with low arches.  Dick's and Fleet Feet have done a gait analysis for me.  I guess I should stick with the stability shoe (like you, I don't think the motion control is necessary).   When does the pay begin?  lol   AND YAY for the snap!  Hope it stays snapped! Smile

Karen - great hand over heart pic.... even with the wandering arm

LC - I have two pair of shoes that I love!  My frustration is that they're showing some pretty significant wear, and the shoe companies have "updated" the new models.  They don't feel like the same shoe any more, so I won't buy them.

Yesterday's running group had seven folks... running in the sprinkles.  They're such champs!  We're up to 5 minutes runs in the C25K progression.  Proud of 'em!

Today is core/strength day.

blessings,

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

LC Runs

Good Morning!!

Yay, my first before work outside run in a while - 4 easy miles.  So nice outside!

Judy - I am tired just reading about your workout, nice job!

Carol - enjoy swim tonight!  Yes, this weather can hang around for a long while....Smile

Julie - I nearly spit out my coffee reading 'transgendered' - hysterical!  I hate when they change shoes, why fix what ain't broken?  Can you find any of the previous model on line?   Running Warehouse sometimes has last year''s on clearance.

ginnyb

Goodfmorning,

Julie...asics makes some very colorful shoes.  Remember the ones I posted about a while ago?  I have yet to take them out for a run, I don't know why I haven't.  They are a new model too, so they better be okay.  I have never run with a group, think it would be fun.

Lisa...hope you are a little more chipper today, maybe a run?

Laura...good run this morning!  I know, this weather can stay forever, wouldn't that be nice?

Morning Carol...Indy sounds fun.  I ran a mini-marathon in Florida a while back, it was 9.2 miles, is that the standard?

Like LC I got out this morning and ran 5.  Felt great!  I have another dental appointment this morning and then I am done for a while.  I have more work to get done, but the finances and insurance won't let me for a few months.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

runlikeagirl18

Good morning ladies-

No run for me today, it is an SDO. I want to do a little light cardio - I'm debating between going for a walk and jumping on my mini-rebounder for  a few minutes. Then off to core class.

Lisa - I hope the "pop" solves the problem! You're smart to take it easy, though.

Tessa - I did email you, but just to let everyone else know, I am running the half at H-M. I will be rooming with Karen.

Linda - so sorry you're injured, that stinks. Fingers crossed for a rapid recovery.

Gatsby - your trip sounds lovely!

Carol - glad you are feeling better.

Karen - what a great race pic! It appears that they only got one pic of me at my 10-miler and it was, as usual, hideous.

Julie - your comment about spring made me laugh, and made me think of my mom's saying - upstate NY has 9 months of winter and 3 months of poor sledding. I'm totally with you on changing the shoes - Nike has changed the light stability shoe I've been in for years, and I'm not sure it's going to work for me. Right now I'm running in the older model that I found online.

Laura - yay on the outside run!

Ginny - good luck at the dentist. I was in yesterday to have them restore my crown from the root canal I had last month. It's nice not to have a big ole hole in the middle of the crown anymore.

Off to deal with laundry and do a bit of work. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

No running for me. I'm saving it all for Saturday.

Here's my recruitment funny for the day... Got a resume for a Front End Developer position. The person had worked at Victoria's Secret as a Front End Developer.  Hmmm... I joked out loud wondering if he was designing push up bras. Maybe it's just me that finds that funny.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

11.5 for me so 352.2 for the month. Good run this am. Lots of work to still catch up on. Dinner with the mayor tonight. They are having a thing for the hoa presidents so I will go to that.

Carol have a great swim

hi Judy And Laura.

Julie it sounds like your running group is going two well. Some shoe makers are getting the message and offering neat colors on the other shoes. So it is coming.

Ginny glad the run was good

Lisa funny story

Cindy glad you are still doing HM

I'm doing the full ay HM and Ginny is supposed to room with me. My room is free too because of hotel points.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I ended up with 9.66 miles yesterday including 2.66 run/walking miles with hubby.  5 recovery miles and weights tonight.

judyruns, enjoy your workouts.

Carol, hope the swim class was good.

Julie, nice mileage!

LC Runs, glad you were able to run outside.

Ginny, hope the dental appointment goes well.

Cindy, enjoy the cardio and core class.

Marjorie, great mileage.

Lisa, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Julie, I think Nike and Asics probably have the brightest shoes in neutral or slightly more stable shoes. What are you wearing now?

Lisa, snicker on the front end developer. Before he was doing that did he work in construction operating a front end loader?

Thanks Cindy! So from here it's Karen, Cindy, Marjorie, Ginny?

4 miles with running neighbour this morning, both of us moving like little old ladies at first, then easier as we loosened up.

Anonymous Guest

Oh my gosh,  you guys, I LOVED my swim class last night. This is totally the way I'm supposed to figure out this swimming thing I think. There is a huge emphasis on finding your comfortable, relaxed position in the water. We started out just floating, then kicking on our backs with our hands in our laps, then with one arm extended, then finding our best position kicking on the side with a shoulder out of the water. Then we moved on to turning over but still having that same shoulder angle out of the water. Then we started face down with one arm out, rotated into our "shoulder out" position, then rotated into our "shoulder out" on our back position, took a breath, then rotated back down. Then we added the other arm while rotating up. So in one hour, we almost got to one swim stroke, piece by piece. The class description said 4-6 students but there are only 3 of us so the instructor can really pay attention to each one of us. He walks along the side of the pool, telling us things like relax your head, chest out, kick higher, (for me it was a lot of RELAX), etc. And when I would finally get everything right, it just felt so easy, and I was zooming along, going much faster than when I was struggling. The trick is to work on these drills to find your best position, and then get to that position every time. And by focusing on each step, when you do have some sort of issue, you have a better understanding of what is causing the issue and how to fix it....so he says. Anyway, it was very cool and I'm looking forward to Wednesday's class. The instructor has emailed us all our workouts (he wants us to practice twice between each Wednesday and the following Monday), but I'm going to have to let him know that I'm probably not going to get those workouts in with my goal marathon this weekend.

For the swimmers, is it normal that my calves are sore after yesterday's swimming?

Carol, um yes, I think the total immersion class is good. Maybe you could tell from my first paragraph....

Julie, I also laughed out loud at your transgendered Tuesday! Then reading your post I read "...running in the sprinkles They're such chumps", not champs, and thought "Julie! That's not nice, you're the cheerleader!" So yeah, I should pay a little more attention to words, I guess. And I'm proud of your little group too, they are champs!

Laura, ever since the attempted break in, DH has been talking about getting me out shooting. I've only shot a gun once in my life, at a family reunion of all places (it was at my uncle's farm, and he's a hunter and raises hunting dogs, so we shot at clay target thingies - when in the middle of nowhere Illinois, it's just what you do, I guess).

Ginny, glad your running is going so much better lately.

Cindy, I need to get back into doing core work. Learned last night how important it is in swimming, and DH was talking about how much better his cycling has gotten with more core strength the other night too.

Lisa, that is funny. A front end developer at Victoria's Secret? I want to put that on my resume!

Nice runs Damaris and Tessa.

Judy, hope you enjoy your track run.

Well, better get back to work, since it's time for lunch and all. Running a webinar this afternoon - I've successfully gotten out of most of my responsibility on that, and now am just in charge of making sure everything runs smoothly while other people advance the slides and do the talking.

Oh yeah, running 5-6 easy tonight after work. I love me some taper.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Yes, I am doing the half at H/M, rooming with Marjorie.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Ginny - awesome 5!

Cindy - hope you enjoyed your rest day (from running).   Laundry just never ends, does it?

Lisa - now that is funny!

Marjorie - wow on the monthly mileage

Damaris - great 9+ yesterday!

Tessa - nice 4, took me a while to loosen up this morning too

Karen - I want to try swimming again, I loved it so much as a kid/teen.  I would definitely need a smaller hand gun, BF's was a 40 caliber and I mainly shot the ground since it was too big and had a kick back.  Not sure I could actually shoot a person (in self defense obviously) but it's good to get practice and more confident with it.  The rifle was fun, too, though I have no desire to hunt anything.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Guns scare the crap out of me. I just cannot like them. And here I am married to a guy who was an Army officer when we married and was back from Desert Shield/Storm and his family hunts etc.

Karen glad the swim went well. Yes the legs and calves will be sore.

Marjorie