Womens Running

Manic Monday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

Is it possible that summer is more than half over? AHHHH!!!

Susan-glad to have you and David connected,,, he is my trail / ultra world Gene.  Those who have met Gene will understand and appreciate.  Gene has his Quisp shirt.  David has his fluorescent shorts.  Both typically run with women of our age group and talk the entire time.  Both happily married to wives who seemingly don't mind any of this. Both of whom I welcome spending a day on a trail with.  Nothing more.  :-)

How was everyone's weekend!?

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MarjorieAnn3137, sorry about your toes. May they heal soon!

u  <--  sorry, I was blowing out the keyboard. At least the "u" came out. So that is where those lost posts go?

Friday was SDO since it was time to get groceries and make my big crock pot of beef vegetable soup.

Saturday I did 35 minutes at the track before doing a lot of walking later in the day.

Sunday Buddy and his DD joined me for 75 minutes out on the trail. It had been raining during the night and a small cloud emptied on our cars as we approached the park. As soon as we started out, there was not one drop so it was a great run. It’s always a fun run when his DD comes to visit.

Today will be a track run after a grocery run for lettuce. We used to have a neighborhood grocery really close. It closed and a big grocery chain bought the property so it could keep any competition out. Yeesh.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

runlikeagirl18

Good morning ladies-

I got up and out early for 4.5 miles. We're still having cooler than normal weather, but it was a bit more humid this morning. My ankle is fine from turning it, but when I fell I must have caught myself funny, and I aggravated the quad muscle on the other side. It's still a bit sore.

I had a great time volunteering at the USATF Masters National meet on Saturday. Some of these "old folks" are pretty impressive! They were running heats of the women's 200M while I was working and the women in the 50-54 and 55-59 AGs were amazingly fast.

Lisa - I can't believe how fast the summer is going. My boys are already more than halfway through their break.

Judy - nice trail run!

Susan - I hope they rethink the time limit.

Marjorie - hope the toes are recovering.

Waves to everyone else-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Anonymous Guest

So we had a lot of fun being tourists yesterday (yes, "we", the boy came to his senses). Although we both agreed that touristy things would be a lot more enjoyable without all the other tourists in our way. Got home around 3, both exhausted. I had 15 miles on the schedule. I only ran 8 of them. It felt like enough. Plus we still had to go buy paint (one of DH's cycling team mates is a home improvement contractor, and we hired him to fix some issues and repaint the downstairs) and get dinner. I was supposed to run 61 miles last week, and only ran 54. Let's just call it a taper for this Saturday's 6-hour race....

Working from home this morning, then getting on a plane to Columbus for two days of Technical Committee meetings. Yay? I should have run my 8 this morning, but I want to go out and find the bike/running path that is supposedly near the hotel and check it out for my speedwork tomorrow, so I figure I'll go exploring and get my run in at the same time. I land at 3:30 and my co-workers don't get in until later, so I should have plenty of time.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day today. They instal the new wireless at the house today. Hope it doesn't take long

Toes are pretty good, thanks Judy and Cindy

Hammy didn't have anymore pain last night. I will try his obedience stuff to see if he is still sore in a little while. If he is, he won't do some things

Lisa I don't think my yard is that impressive. The amount of work I do you'd think it was. But, alas, some of these bushes grow like crazy and take a lot to keep manicured. I guess if you compare them to similar ones in the neighborhood mine look good. I don't like for them to get all overgrown. If we keep getting all this rain I will need to do this every week!

Marjorie

ginnyb

I posted a neat video on my FB this morning.  I can never figure out how to post things here.  It is from the Smithsonian and all about how we were built to be runners.  Kind of interesting.

Rest day for me.  Work tonight.  Beautiful day and I don't want to go to work, but what else is new?

Karen...glad DH relented and went and did the tourist thing with you.  Sounds like a good day.  I don't think you have to worry about being 6 miles short last week.  Happy you are feeling better.

Marjorie...good that you toes are healing.  I have my first black toenail in about 20 years, probably longer.  I used to get them frequently when I first started running ( could that be because I just threw on a pair of reeboks and did not realize I should have "running" shoes) but haven't had one in forever.

Hi to everyone.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Just went back and read the weekend thread. Marjorie, I hope poor Hammy is feeling better -- he obviously loves the puppy pool but (like most males) doesn't know when he's overdoing it!

Susan, good luck this weekend, and I agree, having a cutoff time announced a week before the event is not good. They are starting the half an hour before the full? That's unusual, usually they are either simultaneous or the full starts earlier. Hope you don't have to push it too much, I also agree that if the time limit for the full is x hours then the cutoff at the halfway point should not be less than x/2. Oh, and the new shoes should be fine as long as you've run in them and have assured yourself that there are no defects.

Lisa, good of you to run with Susan at the race site and introduce her to a running friend! Um...fluorescent shorts?

Judy, nice runs -- how annoying on the grocery stores. They do seem to be doing a lot of consolidation and cutthroat competition. I gave up going to the regular stores when they went on strike in our area, now I do most of my grocery shopping at Costco with supplemental trips to Food4Less (Kroger cheapie store) and Trader Joe's.

Cindy, yes, some of those ladies are VERY fast. Thanks for volunteering!

Gatsby, thanks for doing the habitat cleanup.

Karen, agreed, touristy things are more fun when there aren't tons of other tourists. So you went up the Washington Monument? Fun. I shudder to think what it was like being up there when the earthquake hit, though. Have fun in Columbus! Wave in Ginny's direction.

And, speaking of, hi Ginny and glad you are having good runs!

Hi Carol, Laura, Camille, Damaris, all to follow...

very very busy weekend. Had the shingles torn off on Friday. And guess what it did on Saturday? Something it doesn't do very often in southern California in July. Not enough to make a difference to the drought, but enough to irritate me. I did a citrus pick on Saturday after running 10, then came home and worked and cooked. Sunday, met SRB at church for what turned out to be a 6.5 mile run, sprinted back to church and skidded into the sacristy at 7:41 to throw on cassock and surplice over my running gear and act as crucifer/chalice for the 7:45 mass. Then taught Sunday school as a summer relief teacher, went home and did more classwork, and put a coat of primer on the hallway ceiling where DD and my mum scraped off the cottage cheese. DD also did her room. Room is ready for a second coat of primer, or a first coat of blue if she wants to do two coats. After all the painting is complete we'll do the flooring. 4 miles this morning.

Hi!  busy weekend here.  Saturday was a rain out so I went to a quilting class.  10 miles yesterday morning.  Hung out w BF mostly yesterday.  Swam this morning.  Swamped at work but not really getting much done.  Wink  Well, maybe a  little progress.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Hi Brief update... then back to work Sad

So spoke to the race director this morning. Reason for the limit is because of one road crossing. They have to pull the traffic police after 2.5 hours per Kensington Park officials. But there is no real limit otherwise and as long as I am ok to wait for traffic to stop to cross, all is good!

So did an additional 2 miles of walking with DH yesterday evening then did 100 floors on Stairmaster this am.  Not sure, but may try to walk later today with DH if it is not too hot. 

Hopefully, more later