Womens Running

Cheerful Wednesdailies (Read 21 times)

Kilmisters

Diane, great race report on FB - admirable determination! How do you feel now? Having said that, didn't expect to read ''I am considering a 100k race'' that soon... That is a special kind of crazy Smile How do people even train for those things? It sometimes feels that even (properly, mileage, LR, speedwork and all) training for a HM takes away majority of the free time, but ultras...

Cathy, it's amazing that your DD is so good that you actually have to be worried about your shape to keep up w her Smile Didn't you say you had something similar (PT) years ago and had a 3 month break from running? Hoping you don't have to spend four-digit sums to get rid of that leg issue AND this time it's less serious.

Sandy, great race report, sounds like lots of fun! Oh wow, hoping the return to work wasn't too painful. Opening emails after vacation, well, one has to take a shot of vodka (or two. or five.) before doing that. Especially because it's seems like some sort of rule that serious s--- absolutely has to go down while one is away. Wild, tho, huh... Not doing that good in NHL. They are a weird team. The roster isn't bad, but it's... Average. Not good enough for being contenders.

Lori, when is your marathon?

Lizzie, Rudger sounds a lot like many of us here - introvert Smile Altho I agree w Tessa his sad look is only temporary.

Home! Everything's going great w Lady Hulk-K gaining weight and development in general; after (seemingly endless) tests it was concluded there is no reason to worry Smile W DH on paternity leave and me having flexible WFH (which was the plan all the way) things are slowly rolling forward, w lots of time spent w K and few hours w Excels too. I bet a lot of career-women-condemning people would have smth to say about this, but the mix of DH being here, me genuinely loving my job and generally still setting the priorities - well... I have my reasons for doing this (and not taking the usual Latvia's 1.5yr leave) that have nothing to do w career.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Bikerchick1

Kilmisters - Sounds like you are settling in with miniK just fine!  So glad to hear she is doing great!

Sandy - Great RR!  Congrats! I remember the first time in I went to a race with RB, and told her we were meeting up with some people I hadn’t met in person! I didn’t know RB that well at that time, I think she thought I was crazy, we still laugh about my “imaginary friends”!  It is so fun meeting each other “in person”!

Running a few with RB later.  We are doing a half this weekend.  Will see Lisa, and Susan(not crazysue).

Hi to all!

Carol

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me!

Easy 8+ this morning. Not really going to do any speedwork until the week of the race. And it will be LIGHT speedwork. I still have some niggles and I don't want to push it. Hoping the massage this weekend helps. Anywho..run was good! I really did not want to get up this morning. I was cozy and had the windows open..and Ruger was warm. I did have an issue with my left shin..but that is because I ran it into the bed post this morning. Stupid bed! I have a gulf ball size bruise/bump on there. The curse words were flying.

Ruger had a GREAT time at doggie day care! They said he did great. They put him off by himself at first to kind of get the "lay of the land" and he didn't want to do that - he wanted to go in and play with everyone else! They told me he wanted to play with the big dogs (he is little..26lbs) - I guess there is this Australian Shepard there that likes to take charge of the other dogs - but he really warmed up to Ruger. That is because Ruger is such a lovebug! AND Ruger was dead asleep on the car ride home (it's only a 2 mile drive). He was wore out the rest of the night. I wish I could afford to take him more...but we will try 2x a week. It is about $20 a day..which isn't too bad..but it may add up quickly!

HCBF is dealing with some crap at work. I really don't know what to tell him. I have already told him multiple times that he needs a new job. I just listen to him vent..its getting really old though.

Sandy – First off, congratulations on a WELL DONE race! Seriously. Your pace was pretty much spot on the entire race. That is hard to do! Especially on a warm day. Nice job! You did awesome!!! Second, are you serious about the mile 2 sniper thing?! Like, it wasn’t an act?! I may have left the race at that point. LOL! That is scary! Sorry to hear about RB! The heat must have gotten to her but glad to hear she finished strong. Sounds like an emotional race..I really need to run it. Why don’t they just pick me already, geez. I would have the same issue as you though, just a lot of people! One of the big reasons I don’t want to run NY. I think the crowds would just cause me too much anxiety. I wouldn’t enjoy myself. WOOHOOO glad you got to Baked and Wired. I have tried that one before..and you are right, super sweet. Its not my favorite. I like the Vanilla on Vanilla and Karens Birthday (chocolate cake vanilla frosting) – and YES I know all of the cupcake names. They need to give me a quiz and all the ones I name correctly, I get for free. I would get the entire display. LOL. If you were staying in Falls Church, you were VERY close to where I used to live up there. I lived in the Tysons Corner area. Also worked there too. Crazy busy all the time. I am so glad you had a great trip and I hope you are recovering well! How are you feeling? I am SOOOOO excited about Fargo!! Excited to meet you and excited to do that race. It has great reviews! I always have an emotional crash after a race..I hope yours isn’t too bad. Hope work won’t be too bad – think of it this way..only a 3 day work week!!!

HuronHeart – I run slower on the treadmill too. Doesn’t everyone? Haha. Nice miles. I wish I could get a treadmill..not sure where I would put it. I have a feeling I am going to love the doggie day care. How many times per week does she do? It can get pricey!

Tessa – Hopefully no conference calls today???

Kilmisters – Happy to hear you and lady hulk are doing well! I bet you are exhausted. Especially mixing in work! Can’t say I wouldn’t take advantage of that 1.5 year leave though. That sounds freaking awesome. Hang in there and get some rest!!! That is what DH is there for Smile

Hi Carol! OOOO a half!!! WOOHOO!

Okay off to do some work! Happy Wednesday!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Howdy! Core this morning.  Work is crazy busy.

Elina--glad to hear you and little K are doing well. Wow---1.5 years maternity leave!!  I got 6 weeks, and if the day care would have taken a younger baby, it would have been less bc my boss called after two weeks asking how soon I would be back at work!  Sheesh!! Rest up and enjoy!

Diane--I understand.  Enjoy your visit with your Dad.

Waves to everyone else!!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

KILMISTERS, it sounds great with miniK and so glad you are home.

Racers, thanks for all the great race reports! You are all super ladies! DH and I raised DS in Arlington, Falls Church and Tysons Corner. 

Tuesday I got out a little earlier so I got in 45 minutes easily before the rain began. It was a little dicey because of strong wind gusting. I stayed out in the open so I would not be hit by any falling branches. Yoga done. Two and a half hours of volunteer work done. This is a repeat of Monday as well.

Today I am off to run parts of the trail and then possibly to go to volunteer at the library again either today or tomorrow after running. I am staying close to the park since visibility for deer is very good and I can dash for shelters. It's getting colder so I'm adding shirts under my jacket.

Safe and happy runs, All!  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning and yes, I am alive!!

Crappy week here.  It did nothing but rain Monday and Tuesday.  DS had a soccer game last night in less than ideal conditions.  Fortunately the rain was more of a mist during the game.  But it was cold and windy.  Blah.  They lost, so done for the season.  I was gone yesterday from 7 am to 10 pm.  Monday was a miserable day at work, downpoured all day, everyone we went to visit was crabby (can't blame them ha ha).  Water coming through the window well in our basement, ugh.

Drama at my workplace this week...remember how I said it's all women and surprisingly people get along...WRONG!  I was out of the office at the time, but one of the social workers got to her breaking point with the nurse she works with and stormed out of the office, I guess the nurse was chasing her through the parking lot to try and get her to come back.  Someone from the other office in our building called to see what was going on because the nurse was yelling and hitting at the car.  This nurse is likely mentally ill and a control freak and has been through 5 social workers over the years, all of whom left because of her craziness.  We thought things with this social worker were going okay because the big wigs got involved a few months ago but I guess she has resorted back to her ways (she does most of this in the car when they're traveling).  Anyhow, the social worker heard the nurse call her a dumba$$ which was the last straw.  They are not speaking.  Our direct supervisor is out of the office until tomorrow.  The social worker wrote a seething email to the supervisor, Associate Director and Director with all of her complaints.  The Director made a visit yesterday (her office is about 2 hours away) and talked to them both.  She wants the social worker to fill out a harrassment complaint.  Not sure what our direct supervisor knows since I don't know if she checks her work stuff when she's off, but tomorrow is going to be...interesting to say the least.  Because of her lack of action, our supervisor was called out so she is really not going to be in a good mood.  CRAZY!!

Oh yeah, running... not much - 2 miles on the TM (3 yesterday and 1 Monday).  The weather has improved so if I have time I will try and get in a couple tonight though my DD has drivers training from 6-8.

Elina - yeah that Mini K is home and you are all doing great.  I think it's awesome you are continuing to work from home.  Happy DH is home, too!

Lizzie - that is so cute about Ruger and doggie day care.  I don't think we have anything like that around here, maybe I should start one since this job is going to hell in a handbasket!  Nice 8+  Ouch on the shin!!

Carol - was I one of your 'imaginary friends'?  LOL, I've done the same thing, my RBF is always confused as to how I know people at races!

Sandy - I read your RR yesterday, awesome job!! Sounds like a great race though the sniper thing would be scary!

Waves to everyone!!

Bikerchick1

Lizzie - ouch on the left shin!  Glad Rudger liked day care Smile. Sorry about the troubles with HCBF’s job.

Judy - it is getting cooler and time to break out the layers,

LCruns - Yep, you were an imaginary friend Wink  that is just crazy about your work drama.....  Can’t wait to hear how this turns out!

Sue - Hope work isn’t too crazy for you, today!

Carol

LC Runs

LCruns - Yep, you were an imaginary friend Wink  that is just crazy about your work drama.....  Can’t wait to hear how this turns out!

I know, I"m not sure if I should bring popcorn or a box of wine 

Anonymous Guest

Last night I went to the track early to get my workout down before the group. And there was some football game going on so not open to public. Luckily there is a park nearby with a running path marked at 1/4 miles. So I did my workout (2 mile w/u, then 3x1200 and 2x800), then checked the stadium again and texted everyone to come to the park instead, where they ran their 400s and I just ran another couple miles as a cool down. I got home just as DH was getting out of the hot tub after his ride, so since he'd heated it up, I changed and man, that was nice. We're thinking about getting the more expensive remote now that will work with our phones so we can heat up the water from anywhere and it will be ready when we get home. A little tired today, just an easy run on the schedule.

While the group was running my phone was going crazy. Turns out it was a group text for the murder mystery party this weekend, trying to decide whether to move it a week since the Astros will be playing in the World Series that night. Luckily the decision was made to keep it when it is, since the following weekend I have a half marathon so don't want to spend the night before on my feet and out late. I need to try on my shiny silver flapper dress (it's a 1920s theme and I am a lounge singer named Jazzy Fringe). DH is not participating, so will either stay home or just go in his normal t-shirt and shorts. Party pooper.

Sandy, great report! I got no cat emoji though....

Kathy, TMs a necessary evil, I guess. Nice job getting the run done yesterday. I notice after probably 50 miles/week that I need to start getting more sleep or I'm dragging, and the more I run, the more I need. Either going to bed earlier, sleeping in later or napping. Luckily I can do that since I retired.

Tessa, the adulations on my adulting cracked me up. Ultrasound is for a swollen lymph node, since I haven't been sick she thought it best to get checked out. Just got the boob squish referral yesterday, so haven't made that appointment yet. And yes, I got several quotes from a girl in my running club that is an insurance agent and get the same coverage with a deductible of $1K vs $3K, for about $400/year less. This is why DH usually lets me handle this stuff (he got contacts and information from somebody to get the original insurance when we moved down.

Elina, so glad you are all home and healthy and happy. It sounds like you have a great setup (we don't see a lot of paternity leave over here, so you're lucky in that regard).

Carol, have fun this weekend! Is that the Detroit Marathon you're talking about? I still remember sitting at dinner with you and Jenny and just laughing the entire time.

Lizzie, awwww, I'm so glad Ruger enjoyed it. It's expensive, but so worth it if you can swing it. It just makes them generally happier and more content I think. Ours is $22/day, but if you buy a package it goes down, so I get the 30 visit package which brings it down to $15/day (but then i have a $450 hit on my credit card). Now that Riley only goes once/week, that lasts over half the year. And it's there to use if we need it, like if DH has to go into the office when I go home for my dad's birthday in a couple weeks, he can just drop him off there and not worry. Nice miles this morning. I wouldn't worry too much about speedwork before Richmond. When Damaris runs marathons that close together, I think I usually just give her a little bit tempo or MP miles, but very little if any speedwork. Maybe one speedwork run.

Morning Susan!

Hi Judy, so when you volunteer at the library is it the one you used to work at or a different one? Nice job consistently getting out there to run, even in the wind and getting colder temps.

Laura, holy drama! That nurse sounds like a real problem if she goes through social workers like that. Maybe somebody should have noticed that after the second or third one! I'd try to be in the office to see what happens tomorrow...

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

dhuffman63

Trails

Elina I was feeling good yesterday but I went grocery shopping last night and today my back hurts, I have a head ache and my hand that I scraped raw hurts again.  Sigh.  I'm thinking the 100k will just be like a 50k but some more miles.  I don't really do speed work so that's not an issue.  What I think will be something to work on is being in the dark.  I got some training at the 50k but will need to change things up to make it work better.  Also eating throughout the night hours.  Not something I normally do.  I have a good bit of free time as my kids are grown and don't live near.  Dogs take up most of my time.

Good luck to DD, and you Cathy on the 5k.

Wow Sandy, awesome RR and what a fantastic time. Didn't see any cat emoji's...lol, maybe on FB.

Elina I worked all through my kids growing up so those people who condemn working mothers can just take a flying leap.  If a person has worked their whole life it's hard to step back and just be a stay at home.  I would have gone crazy. You just take care of your sweet little bundle.

Carol, good luck on the half to you and your RB.

Lizzie so glad Ruger had a good time.  My Aussie is like that...likes to boss everyone else around.  He can be quite the asshat about it too. Maybe the crap at work will be the final straw for him and he'll finally leave.  Sorry it's come to that.

Kathy/HH, I'm about 2 min mile slower on the TM than the road.  Not sure why that is.  Perhaps the boredom? 

Oh my Laura, that sounds awful. Oct has been a crazy month.  Couple more people at work have hit deers, my co-worker got a DUI and then on Monday his car died...so about 2500 for the DUI and another 1700 for the car, he just got married and went to Mexico for his honeymoon.  He can't drive for 30 days so is catching a ride with another person here.  If he ever can't make it in he could lose his job.

Yesterday was our 12 year anniversary...I had forgotten but DH brought me pumpkins.  I don't wear jewelry, allergic to perfumes and flowers and I love Halloween so every year he gets me pumpkins.

I need to get to work now...waves to everyone else.

Hi there!  An early fly-by from me.  DH and I are leaving this afternoon for a week in Ireland with my dad.  He has some business there plus there's a memorial mass for my mom on Sunday, so we are going along.  Nothing major planned for while we're there.  Just hanging out, taking some drives, reading, going for walks, hitting the pubs....  Days will be short and weather will be iffy so we may or may not run.  Coincidentally, the Dublin marathon is on Sunday!  But, the race is sold out, we will not be in Dublin, and I'm not ready to run a marathon anyway.

Thanks for the race reports, Seloc, DHuff and Kat!

Kilmisters, glad to hear mini-K is continuing to do well.  How you choose to spend maternity leave shouldn't be anyone's concern but your own (and DH and mini-K).  Of course, people frequently feel free to offer opinions on things that are not their business...

Carol, early good wishes to you for a fun HM!

Lizzie, awww so glad to hear Ruger had fun at doggie day care.  Is he being good about the training stuff he learned at doggie boot camp a few weeks ago?

Karen, wouldn't it be more awkward for your DH to be at the party in regular clothes if everyone else is dressing up?

LC, ugh on the work drama!  Surprised that nurse still works there, given all the problems she's caused over the years.

Hi to CrazySue, Judy, DHuff, and everyone else to come.

I'll check in later this week.  I'm pretty sure we'll have wifi at the house in Ireland because my DH has a spiffy gadget for it, but we'll see.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Wednesday!  Short work week for me, the kids have early dismissal today and are off the next 2 days.  We are doing a girls trip to the Wisconsin Dells to a waterpark hotel.  We'll be back Friday because I'm on call this weekend and that starts 5:00 PM on Friday night.  I'll do a run outside tomorrow morning before we go.  High 30's this morning, but it felt OK because it wasn't windy.    Lizzie weather.  They did a medal reveal for my 5K this weekend with DD, I have to say that it looks pretty cool.  This is the series where you will get a big snowflake medallion and the 6 individual race medals fit into it magnetically.  The only reason DD wanted to do the races.  

Elina, I'm glad that you are getting into a routine with not so mini-K.     I'm also glad things are all well with her!  Yes, I had PF in my other foot back in 2014.  I had just finished training for my first marathon so I was OK with taking time off and letting it heal, it had bothered me for about 3 months by the time I ran the marathon!   I considered the 3 months off punishment for running through it.    I took care of it myself, I actually didn't see a doctor for it.  It might have sped things along a little if I did, but it worked out OK.  

Carol, good luck on your half!

Lizzie, I always used to walk into my bed and get a big bruise on my thigh.  I'm glad that Ruger did well at daycare!  I guess you and HCBF spend a lot of time listening to each other vent about work?    Fargo will be fun for you.  My friend did it last year, got lots of nice swag.    The Hoan bridge is nice to drive over.  When you are running over it then it seems to go on forever.  It's a fairly decent hill also.    I think my foot will be OK as long as I keep the mileage fairly low, which I can since I'm only doing 5K's.  If I can get my foot healthy and start building up mileage next year then I will be good.  That is a single person deductible.  The kids are still insured under DH.  If we had everyone under my plan we would have made the family deductible with DH's knee surgery this year.  But that was totally unexpected also.

Laura, I was wondering about you.    Wow, that is some crazy drama at your work!

Karen, you have been busy lately!    The doctors and nurses always seem amazed that I am 48 and don't take any meds.  I guess if anyone here can run every day, it's you!  The painful massage does seem to help.  Not looking forward to my appt in a couple weeks!

Diane, funny that you think 100K is like 50K but "just" more miles.    The eating while running/walking would be a big issue for me.  I don't like eating while running.

Tessa, I do have a Kindle but I still like to read actual books.    My MIL refuses to read anything but actual books.  I am a little torn about doing the HSA/high deductible for next year.  I do have money in the HSA, and they are offering another $500 in the HSA for next year.  Premiums are going up too.  Sounds like it is still crazy hot out there!  I heard there was a new test for mammograms instead of the squishing.  I should look into that, I don't have much to squish and my mammograms often come out needing additional views.

Kat, DD ran her first 5K road race in May.  Well, not counting the one she did last year that was long because no one knew where to turnaround.     She did it in about 31:30.  Since then she did two 5K trail races, one at 38 minutes and the last one at 30:50.  She would like a sub 30 minute this weekend, I think it's doable.  It's a flat course.  I am kind of happy that I'm injured and can't run fast. Don't tell Karen that I said that.    I hate 5K's.  Running a series of them in the winter in Wisconsin is not my idea of fun.  

Lori, sorry about the tough run.  You have time to recover and take that 6 really easy.  Those goal pace runs were always tough for me also in the middle of training.  But it seems so much easier during the actual race!   Well, until the end.  

Sandy, cat emoji!    Sounds like you had an awesome, awesome weekend!  Too bad that cute guy wasn't from around here.    I hate being called ma'am.     It is cool meeting people from the forums, it's like I already knew Lizzie.  I think HCBF was a little surprised at all that I knew, for being a running forum buddy.    Hope the foot gets better!

HH-Kathy, I think your perceived exertion feels higher on the TM, even though you are running at the same heart rate and effort.  I run with my HR monitor all the time.     Though it starts to feel about the same the more I run on the TM, until I start to run faster on the TM.  I don't mind the TM, especially in the winter when it's really dark, cold, and icy in the mornings!

Margaret, wow, have a great trip!  Nice that there is a memorial mass for your mom.

Cathy

Seloc

Tessa – oops, I didn’t explain the blue mile: there are blue signs lining the road with pictures of servicemen and women who died in action.  Along with their age and rank.  Beyond the pictures, family members (or so I read) are all holding large flags.  No fun when work interferes with the workout!!  Any more kit kats?

HH – love the cat emoji LOL  Hey, I think the dreadmill is WAY harder than running outside so I’m with ya there.

HCK – nice easy miles!  Had a really good time at the race.  It was actually very pleasant to spectate so, nope, Marines were fully clothed.  Sigh.

Elina – so happy your Lady Hulk-K  is doing so well!  That’s awesome that DH is on paternity and you can balance work and motherhood.  Proud of you for doing what works for you and the family!!  No doubt some will judge – they always do.  But, the only thing that matters is that it works for you!!  And, yes, why is it that some weeks I’m in the office, not much happening.  Leave for 3 days and the bottom falls out.  Murphy’s Law.  As for Wild – seemingly all Minnesota teams fall into same hole.  And now Parise is out until end of year having back surgery.

Carol – hey thanks!  Yeah, RB thinks I’m a bit weird to have Internet friends but who cares.  You guys are here for me more than my IRL friends!  You really get to know a person when you communicate every day for sure.  Enjoy today’s run and GOOD LUCK this weekend!!  Fun you get to see Lisa and Susan, too.

Lizzie – I just signed up for Fargo this morning – WOOT!!  Nice easy miles but OUCH on banging the shin.  OMG I hate when I do stuff like that.  Awwww Ruger buddy.  So cute he had such a great day and love a sleepy pupper.  Aw, man, sorry things for HCBF still suck.  Gosh, thanks for the kind words about the race.  Pretty slow but I’m okay with that cuz it was fun.  Yep, sure looked like dude was at mile 2 specifically to scope that one building.  Kinda didn’t realize what he was doing until you passed by.  Nothing else that strange along the way.  It WAS pretty emotional race if you let it.  I had to keep distracting myself haha.  I hope you get to run it one day!  It is a LOT of people but if you go in knowing that, it helps.  And, I wouldn’t try to PR.  Cracking up at you knowing all the cupcake names!  Funny I was debating between the one I got and the Vanilla on Vanilla!  But, went with the other mostly because of the name haha.

Sue – sorry work is so busy!

Judy – another DC emigrant!  You’ve been busy with running and volunteering.  Have a great run today!

Laura – ugh on the crappy weather!  Sounds like a miserable evening to spectate soccer and bummer they lost.  Whoa that was a long day.  And SUPER UGH on water in the window well!  Holy cats on the work drama!  That nurse sure does sound a little cray cray.  Awesome job keeping up the streak with the crappy weather.

Karen – wow, killer workout last night!  LOL on the cat emoji.  Thanks!

Diane – am I reading that right?  You are now going to do a 100K??!!  Lordy!  You GO GIRL!  Aw, thanks.  LOL on the cat emoji.  Happy Anniversary!  Sweet of DH to remember and bring a favorite thing!

Gatsby – OMG a week in Ireland sounds awesome!  Have a fantastic trip!  Feel free to update with all your cool sites.

Cathy – hooray for short week!  So, is this “fall break” in WI?  MN was last week.  Brrrrr on the low 30s.  We have SNOW coming on Friday.  Yipes!  Sure not ready for that.  Nice to see you getting some miles in – is the foot behaving?  LOL at HCBF being surprised on everything you know about Lizzie haha.  True!  And, I love it!  It was a darn good weekend for sure.  Tough to be back in the trenches today.  Sigh.

Rest day for me haha.  Will get out tomorrow morning for a few slow ones with regular Thursday RB.  Foot is much better today.  Not sure if it was all the walking on Monday in kinda crappy shoes or maybe the Segway?  Who knows.  Legs are tight but decent.  Snow forecast for Friday.  GULP.  Probably just a dusting here but Winter Storm Watch up north.  I’m not ready for this!  Whaaaaaaaaa.  Got through all my emails and my 10am call was canceled (um, well, I canceled it since it’s my call hee hee) so I have time to post!  Priorities!  DC was so much fun.  I love how easy the Metro is.  And, SO much to see.  I forgot to mention we also went to the newish (a year old, I think?) African American History museum.  OMG you could spend days there and not see it all.  I really liked the American History museum, too – the first lady dresses and Lincoln’s hat!  Our night Segway tour to see all the monuments was pretty epic.  A gorgeous evening.  Since SFO is canceled next week, I think I’m going to drive to Bis to watch my nephew’s football game – play in game to go to the State Tournament.  Oh!  And, I’m all signed up for Fargo Marathon in May!  Alrighty, best get back at it.  Super happy it’s a short week.  Happy Hump Day!

dhuffman63

Trails

Wow Margaret, Ireland!  That would be fantastic.  Other than the food I love irish stories about faeries and the fae.

Cathy, I do more walking and less running than you all do...lol.  Eating and walking is easy.  I think tho for a 100k I'll have to eat more than just the snack items I did.  I passed up the hot dogs at one aid station.  I know there was soup and hot stuff for the over night hours.  I passed up all alcohol as I know that would not have been beneficial.

Sandy, I'm thinking I might be certifiable. I actually didn't feel bad during the 50k right up til the back spasms.  If it wasn't for that I think it would have been just a long enjoyable walk with a tiny bit of running for me.

Arimathea

Tessa

Chatty lot!

Elina, nothing wrong with deciding that your career should not be supplanted by having a child. It is great that you get the option to take 1.5 years maternity leave, and many women would be thrilled to have it, but it is an OPTION not a mandate. And honestly I think it is likely better for your career if you don't take that long a break, especially given what you do. The only thing you can do that DH can't do for miniK is breastfeed. As long as you're not slinging her in a frontpack and getting back on the floorball court while wearing her, I think you're OK.

Carol, yes, it is a lot of fun meeting "imaginary friends" AKA axe murderers in real life. Although caution is good. I think Amy took a picture of Cindy's and Cindy's DH's car with license plate visible and texted it to her DH before she got in the car with Cindy and DH to drive to meet us in Cincinnati.

Liz, glad Ruger had a good time! Dogs are definitely pack animals and like to play together, and I'm sure he loved being social.

Karen, the nerve of those football people, using the stadium. Didn't they know you wanted to use the track?

And yes the World Series are causing some problems. I have a class tonight and will likely dismiss it early so the students can go watch the game. I rather hope they wrap it up quickly because the sixth game is scheduled for Tuesday 10/31 and the thought of Halloween traffic PLUS the World Series is not something I want to come true. (If that happens I am WFH and the heck with the company bakeoff.)

Susan, 6 weeks seems standard for a lot of places. I got 4 months but we were lucky and unusual.

Judy, good luck with the run, dodge those deer.

Laura, wow, drama indeed. So this woman has had 4 social workers quit rather than work with her? That should say something about her congeniality or lack thereof. I think you're right, see if you can score the popcorn concession!

Diane, you might want to do a 50 mile before going up to a 100K. Interim distance. Aww, pumpkins. So nice of DH! Do you get any trick or treaters, or would you carve them for yourselves, or take them to work, or make pie?

Hi Margaret! Have a wonderful trip. Will you be able to do some short runs? Or walks?

Cathy, good luck deciding on the health insurance. The medal sounds very interesting!

Kathy, I find it easier to run fast on the TM, probably because if I slow down on the road, I slow down. If I slow down on the TM, I run the risk of going tail over ears off the back.

Sandy, thanks for explaining the blue mile. Sorry all the Marines were fully clad...

and no, no more kit kats. We might wind up getting a few but kitten season is definitely winding down, which is not a bad thing. We get the bathroom back!

3.6 on the road this morning. Much faster coming back, it's still windy. And it was 84. DD reported at 7:10 that our power was out and someone else posted on Nextdoor that theirs is out too, they are up the street. Funny since our power lines are all buried so are not going to come down in the wind.