Womens Running

Self-control Monday (dailies) (Read 20 times)

Kilmisters

With how this week has started, I consider bringing a stress ball to office. No things have been thrown and only one Russian curse word was used. I am proud of myself.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

9 miles for me. I did 10x 1 min/1 min rest. Abs class tonight.

Run wasn't too bad. Humidity is lower than average for the next two days..I was still a sweaty mess though. Had a hard time slowing down after the speed work so the end of the run kinda sucked. Today was the first day of my next training cycle!! Woohoo!! My MPW starts off pretty high - but I knew I would probably have a good base going in. Though, I don't think I am going to be as consistent as the last couple cycles. Summer = 0 motivation for me. I am having a hard time picturing 20 miles in this awful humid crap. We will see how it goes.

GREAT weekend!! I love spending time with my brother and SIL. And of course EMERSON. He is SO CUTE. Seriously. I am not just saying that because he is my nephew (my best friend has an ugly kid. How do I tell her that?! LOL). He is a very happy baby. I had fun playing with him..we are pretty close in maturity age. LOL. I am excited because my brother is really serious about moving down to Richmond. They like NOVA (Northern Virginia aka hell), but things are so expensive. They are thinking a year and a half! Very excited!! They left after brunch on Sunday..then HCF and I headed to his nieces softball game. Busy but good weekend! Wish HCF had won the lottery though..I dont want to be back in this shit hole!!!

Kilmisters – Wow, congratulations on an AWESOME race!! And on the AG win!! So awesome Smile  How are your legs feeling now?! Send some of that self control over my way!

Ginny – Goliath is awesome!! I hope you stick with it. YAY for the 10K sign up!! I think you’ll do great! Run/walk is still a great option. I am happy to hear the back is doing a little bit better.

Docket – Congratulations on the race!! It looked super tough!!

Run2trail – Well,HEY!!! We miss seeing you around here! Smile  Holy crap, 3 races in 3 weeks?? I can see how that last one probably didn’t go as planned Smile  Nice job finishing them all! I think its normal that your mojo is lacking after all of that haha. Rest!! Sorry to hear about the death in the family – you are right, 51 is young. Awe, thanks for the congrats!! I still can’t believe it. Wink

Tessa – COMPLETELY agree with staying in shape in case I want to do a random marathon. That is always my plan haha! Smile  Nice pun to Damaris hehe Smile  Nice miles yesterday! Okay, I was going to ask you what you did with all of this fruit. So, is it donated to the agency or do they pay?? Do you keep some?? Did no know that they have an interaction with medications. Interesting. Hope the meds help the kittens! Awe.

Diane – WOW!!! Congratulations!! Can’t wait to hear about it.

Karen – Oh Karen. I am sorry to hear that about your dad. Doctors can be wrong you know!!! Just saying. HUGS XOXOX!!! I would have blown the race off too. Those temps sound awesome for a longer run! Hope you are enjoying the time with your family.

Susan – Can you paint my house now?

Margaret – Awe, yay for the good year this year!! Really cool that no runners dropped – the temps sound a bit warm!! You were due for an easy week Smile

Run4kupcakes – Okay, laughing out loud at the comments made at the cupcake store Smile I also buy 6 at a time. OMG they look so good! I would go for that chocolate chip cookie one and cookies and cream?? YUM.

Have to do some wedding stuff this week. HCF and I are going to meet with a wedding planner. Definitely planning on a "day of" planner..but we want to see the cost of full time/day of. We will also HOPEFULLY be closing on the venue this week!

Happy Monday! 

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Kilmisters

Ginny, 10k sounds very feasible, I'm sure you'll manage to run/walk it!

Diana, wow, that's one hell of a race schedule. Take some rest and leave the search for running mojo aside for a while!!

Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about dad's condition.

9.3mi yesterday. Those miles felt surprisingly good, but today legs are trashed. Office stairs were, uhm, problematic this morning  Feeling pain in leg muscles I wasn't even aware of Big grin Rest today and cutback week!! Smile

Waving to everyone else. Back to work.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday was rainy so I did 30 minutes of cardio dvd inside. Actually, the barefoot workouts helped my balance practice. Later DC and I did a mile hike.

Saturday was SDO

Sunday Buddy and I did 85 minutes out on the trail. We met up with the birders who said they had seen 2 grey squirrels with totally white tails. We’ve seen black squirrels with a white plume on their tails. We also saw Canada geese and goslings, 2 bunnies and 4 sightings of deer (we think it was the same 2 going back and forth), and various birds. In the afternoon DC and I went shopping for plants for his garden. I was really wiped out tired after that.

Today I plan a short run and then errands.

Happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Ugh....back to the grind...Group Power class was good--Isabelle the spin instructor taught. The workout was completely different and it went by really fast.

Painting! The front door is done and looks so nice. Smile I also painted the pantry doors and two window sills. The room looks so much cleaner already. I'm going to paint all the interior doors and baseboards. They are white and with the dog traffic are just so dirty. A couple of places no longer have paint bc they've been scrubbed so much. DF has been cleaning and painting around the windows. The headers are rusty metal (the house had metal frames around the windows for some reason...70 year old house). Lost of work, but looks much better.

Tessa--I forgot about grapefruit and drug interactions. Some heart meds also interact.

HCK---OMG the cupcakes!  All for you??

DS2 went fishing with his friends yesterday. Only caught a small snapper, but a fishing boat traded shrimp for beer so we put up 10# of beautiful shrimp last night. 

Have a great day!!

Seloc

Tessa – yikes on the close call with the deputy!  Awww poor Dixie.  Hope the meds work for her.

HCK – congrats on first place tie at work.  Hope you win the drawing!!  OMG those cupcakes look awesome.  Funny about the comment from the worker.  Reminds me of last week when I ate my entire poke bowl and the waiter said something.  I commented back “so you are saying I eat too much.”  Haha  People can be so judgy.

Cathy – hope you had a quiet on-call weekend.  Did you get any gardening in?  Oh man, I can relate to lack of a green thumb.  I do not even have one plant in my house.  Luckily the townhouse association takes care of the shrubs and plants outdoors.  Fun you were able to pull off the surprise baby shower!

Diane – congrats on the 50K!

Elina – wow, that was some serious x-training which appears to have worked great for you.  Congrats on the race!  Looked challenging and you killed it!  3rd place WOOHOO!!  Oh no I’m sorry about the rough start to the week.  But I’m intrigued by the Russian swear word.  Dang nice miles yesterday!!

Lizzie – I DID finish Goliath this weekend.  Season 2 was WEIRD.  I liked Season 1 MUCH better.  I also watched the movie Lady Bird – it was cute.  Now I think I’m going to watch The Good Wife.  Marathon training doesn’t start for another month.  You are right on schedule with the class I was doing water stop duties for on Sat!  Proud of you for napping instead of running on Friday!! How did the cauliflower salad turn out?  That sounds SO good!!  Emerson is VERY cute!  LOL on your friend’s ugly kid – it happens!!

Gatsby – whew that was a busy weekend for you!  You must be exhausted today on lack of sleep alone.  Glad you didn’t have to pull anyone.  I read about the female winner.  Amazing!

Hi Ginny!  Happy to hear you are back in the swing of things working out with trainer and nice 5 miles yesterday!  What do you think of Goliath?

Damaris – congrats on another marathon and another state!!  Looking forward to the RR!!

Daina – hellooooooo!  Fun to see you pop in.  Wow you’ve been a racing machine!  Congrats.  Stay cool!

Karen – ugh what a travel nightmare.  Hopefully the route home will be gobs better.  I’m so sorry about your dad.  It is SO HARD to see your parents decline.  Hope you are soaking up the cooler for you weather!!

Sue – wow you are really making progress on spiffing the place up!  Nice job at class this morning.  I think the instructor makes all the difference.

Judy – funny I have never seen grey squirrel with white tail.  We have a surprisingly number of albinos around here, though.

Let’s see – 5mi Sat, nothing yesterday and nothing today.  Mojo has temporarily left the building.  An object at rest tends to stay at rest.  At least this human object.  Not much sunshine this weekend so no patio sitting.  With the exception of laundry and vacuuming, all I did was rest yesterday.  Makes me feel like a lazy slug.  Should have had energy galore this morning but, nope.  Came into work early instead.  Not that I can leave early since I have a late meeting on Mondays.  Oh well.  All the patients are recovering well (TX friend that had colon tumor removed and nephew with knee repair).  Nothing much going on this week but already looking forward to the weekend as I have 5 days off.  Took Mon/Tues since I was supposed to go to TX.  Cat sitting for RB instead.  That’s all I’ve got!  Have a good Monday!

dhuffman63

Trails

Rest day today.

Anonymous Guest

Rest day for me today. I've made it as far as the Chicago airport. I will hopefully only spend 2 hours here today, unlike the 12 I spent on Thursday. Flight up to here was painless, on time. Hoping the good travel mojo continues.

I had a great weekend with the family. Finally got to see me niece last night and had so much fun with her. She just turned 20 and has turned into the sweetest grownup person. My 9-year-old nephew raided his piggy bank and brought all his pennies so we could play Michigan Rummy. I haven't played that since before my grandma died over 25 years ago. We used to play all the time at her house with whatever cousins and aunts and uncles were around. Lots of fun. Got to know my sister's boyfriend a little better too, and I like him. He seems like a really good guy. And I even saw my mom's 101-year-old cousin. I tried to do some stuff for my parents around their house so my mom wouldn't have to, but she wouldn't let me. I went out to pull some weeds in their landscaping, and she was right behind me and pulled as many as I did. Her side of the family is what has my brother, sister and I convinced we're all going to live to about 130.

Thanks for all the kind words about my dad. It sucks, but on the other hand he should still be around for a few years, which is good. Even though he can't do a lot, he's still fun to talk to and hang out with. I'm hoping we can come back for Thanksgiving this year.

Hang in there, Elina! Your work day is probably almost over by now.

Liz, what a fun weekend with your brother and his fam. That will be so cool if they move to Richmond. And yay on setting the date, sounds perfect. I remember hearing about you guys sitting and talking for hours before you started dating.

Judy, sounds like you had a nice weekend.

Susan, you guys are going to be busy the next few weeks! I painted all the baseboards in our house in Maryland about a year before we moved. It made a huge difference - everything looked so much cleaner. I had no idea something so small could make such an effect on a room.

Sandy, sometimes you just need to rest. Glad all the patients are doing well. Oooooh, 5-day weekend!

Diane, well-deserved rest day for you.

Oh, I did run 7 miles yesterday afternoon. Yes, I ran in the afternoon! It was in the low 80s but it was an easy run and it was cloudy and breezy and not super humid, so it wasn't awful. Now ready to get home and see my boy and my dog.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Kilmisters

Lizzie, summer should be more motivating - more daylight and chance to ''catch'' routes that are dark/dangerous (thus not an option) in winter. But humidity sucks, that is true. Aw, I sometimes have a feeling that miniK is on same maturity level w me, same as your note about you and baby Emerson Big grin At least she has a skill of taking things w/o stress, yet mastering that ''I am genuinely pissed at you at this very moment and you know it'', hehe.

Karen, see, running in afternoon is not impossible, nor awful Big grin Smile 101-year old cousin? What? Wow... Sounds like you had great time! Worth the travel suffer.

Sandy, I am not going to teach you that Russian word, no chance  Big grin Well, if object is at rest, energy from external object has to be applied to move the immobile object. In other words, which one of your RBs could kick your ass to get it moving? Big grin  Not even sure what is bigger productivity disaster - Monday eve meeting or Friday eve meeting. I am going w the former, as on Friday eve ppl are at least in a good mood.

Current status:

ginnyb

Judy.....funny I have seen a lot of black and grey squirrels this year with the white tail, never saw before this year, that is odd.

Lizzie....we had a wedding planner for my daughter's wedding, but she was my best friend who just enjoys doing it.  It was so helpful having her on THE day!  Of course, my wedding planner worked very cheaply, like for free, so that makes a difference.

Elina...sorry your work week is starting out stressful.

Sandy....the rule, a body at rest , stays at rest, certainly is right for me too.  If I don't move I don't feel motivated to do so!  You will get it back.  Maybe the gloomy weather caused your lack of motion, it has been gloomy here too.

My dear friend and coworker fell yesterday in her kitchen and fractured her femur in 2 places.  2 years ago she fell in kitchen and broke the femur of the other leg!   I feel so badly for her.  She lives just down the street from me and when I heard the ambulance I just had a feeling, went down the street and sure enough they were at her home.  She lives alone with her 16 year old grandson and he wasn't there at the time  I think of all the times I have fallen, and fallen hard and not broken any bones.....she must have osteoporosis, I don't know, I am not a doctor, but it doesn't seem normal to break bones, especially the femur, that easily.

No exercise for me today, but plan on trainer tomorrow morning.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  43 min out/back run and 1 hour 24 minute long run for me this weekend.  That "long" run was 7.8 miles, pretty long for me.    Rest day today.  Quiet weekend, I was on call for work and DH was helping his friend with some plumbing at their summer cabin from Friday night until late last night.  The kids and I spent a lot of time cleaning the house, including the basement which the kids managed to completely trash.  A few of my RB's ran a 24 hour trail race this weekend, so lots of stories and pics!  One of RB's teams came in first place for 4 person co-ed teams.  I felt good about that since I helped recruit 2 of the ladies for his team.  They ran just short of 140 total miles (on a 3 mile loop).  So about 35 miles a person.  I don't know, doesn't really sound like fun to me.  

Elina, congrats on the 10K and AG award!  Awesome speed on what sounds like a tough course.  Great that the announcer cheered you on.    Sorry that the work week has not started well.  Enjoy the cutback week.

Lizzie, woohoo on a new training cycle!     I am guessing you will kill this one too.  I think planning a break from marathon training during your wedding season is a great idea.  Your body probably could use a break.    Not that you quit running, but you can dial down the miles a little.  Maybe do some shorter races?  The humidity is starting to move in here again, should be back in the 90's this weekend for DD's next trail race.  Yay!  I am running with her.  Emerson is super cute.  One of my friend's had an ugly kid.  But she turned out OK.     Great news about your brother!

Sue, sounds like you are getting a lot done on the house!

Sandy, no calls and I skipped the gardening this weekend.  It will have to wait until next weekend.    The house really needed some cleaning.  We'll see how long it stays clean.  I have to trim our shrubs.  Somehow I got stuck with that job!     Finally started the Kathrine Switzer book.  I had some books finally come in that were on hold for months and had to read those first.  Glad the patients are recovering well!  Hope the mojo makes it's way back.  

Diane, congrats on the 50K PR!

Karen, hope your travels go better!  I'm glad your weekend went well.  That is some longevity on your mom's side!  I'm sorry about your dad.

Ginny, sorry about your friend.  I hope she recovers quickly.

Hi Diana!  That is a lot of racing.    Your mojo is taking a rest break.     Sorry about great uncle's DD.  That is way too young.

Tessa, I am always amazed at the amount of fruit that you pick.  I am a big fan of grapefruit.  Aww, I hope the meds help the kitties.

Damaris, congrats on your marathon!  Looks like a beautiful place to run.  Despite the hills.  

Margaret, glad things went well at your aid station!

Kupcakes, I had a cupcake this weekend, salted caramel fudge.  It was good.  It's been awhile since I had a cupcake.    That box of cupcakes sure looks nice!

Cathy

Turtles---salted caramel fudge cupcake????  YUMMMM

Judy-- Yesterday we stopped in the park and the albino squirrel was on the ground in front of us. He/she is almost all white, just a little tan on one side.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Busy Monday over here. My mother called me....and irritated the hell out of me. They are coming down Thursday to do a final walk through of the train station...well now she wants to see another venue and go on a catering tasting. Without me or HCF. UHM....?!?!?!?! Whose wedding is this? AHHHHHH! Its starting!!!! I reached out to a wedding planner today. LOL.

Kilmisters – Enjoy your rest day today!! Much deserved. I am not sure I would have been able to do 9 miles after a tough race! I hate Summer. I am not motivated to get out there and sweat until I chafe and be exhausted after mile 2. LOL. Enjoy that beer, girl!

Judy – Have a good run today! I see at least 5+ bunnies when I am out there in the early morning.

Susan – Woohoo nice job with the power class. Aren’t your arms tired from all that painting!? Trading shrimp for beer?! Haha.

Sandy – Lazy weekends are necessary sometimes Smile Plus, if you didn’t have any sunshine this weekend that probably didn’t help motivation! AND you aren’t training right now!! Live it up! Haha. I agree with you though on the rest thing – if I don’t get moving early..I wont get moving at all. Glad to hear the patients are recovering well. I feel so awful for your TX friend. Does she have to do radiation or anything? Uhm, 5 days off?! UUGGGHHHH SO JEALOUS. We are almost done with Goliath..probably by the end of the week.

Karen – I hope you have smooth travel today. I am glad that you had so much fun! I hope you can get out there around Thanksgiving!! Go home and enjoy your boys!! Smile

Ginny – We honestly don’t mind paying for a wedding planner if it makes us enjoy the day. WORTH IT. OMG on your friend and the fall. I would think breaking the femur would be very hard to do. Poor thing Sad  How is the new pup doing!?

Cathy – Nice long run this weekend! A weekend spent cleaning does not sound fun. Awesome news about your RB! First place? That is impressive. I can’t imagine 35 miles per person. Whew. Yes, dialing my miles down a little before the wedding sounds good. I have to keep running though – I want to fit into my dress J Shorter races sound like a good idea Smile I need to look into September races. 90’s for the next trail race!? AHHHH. Are you sure you want to run with her?! LOL. Salted caramel fudge cupcake sounds REALLLYYY yummy!

Heading to abs soon. Hopefully no unwanted guests are in there...hahaha.

Have a good evening everyone!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

hey there everyone!

So after one 4 miler run on trails near my home, my mojo found me, LOL!

I registered for this:  http://www.pikespeakmarathon.org/

Since I was going there to cheer on my RB from MN (she and her man ARE RUNNING the marathon, YES!) That's UP & DOWN, from around 6500 ft to over 14,000 ft.  She's a strong runner, she'll rock it.  I will be running ......err, jog/walk.....UP only. Registered for the ASCENT event (13.3) which is a HM.  So I gotta get my lazy butt on the mountain trails at an even higher altitude.  Ran higher altitude races before so I know I can finish, my only GOAL!! LOL!!

Hey Sandy!  Keeping cool up in MN? Gosh, I see that sometimes it's hotter in MN than AZ, but we have the dry heat, HA!

Diane:  CONGRATS!! Way to tough it out and finish upright.

Tessa:  Yep, registered for it.  Love running in CO and bonus, visiting/cheering on RB from MN.

Elena:  do you follow FIFA?  Stress ball can be your bestie

Liz:  nice run! Anytime its "low humidity" it's a treat!  Gonna consider the April marathon, sounds like  some of ladies from this forum will be there!

ZKaren:  so sorry to hear about your dad's condition.

Arimathea

Tessa

4 this morning with RN. She also took new dog Millie for a walk before work.

Two things of note:
                                We saw a big coyote running up the street towards our houses and were both glad that we keep our animals inside. Lately there have been way too many lost cat posts on Nextdoor.
                                We also found a good sized machete lying at the side of the road. :shocker!: Then we found the sheath. I'm guessing it fell off someone's truck. I Googled and it is worth maybe $20-$25, but some landscaper may be mourning its loss.

Grapefruit: it all goes to the food pantry. I don't keep any of the good fruit. The homeowners usually let us take any split or spoiled fruit.

Elina, watch out with the curse words, mini K is going to learn those faster than anything.

Liz, wait what? If there is any interviewing of caterers going on you and HCF should be there!

Waving to everyone and back to work.