Womens Running

Finally feels like FALL WEEKENDS!! (DAILIES) (Read 20 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Oh you know I am doing my happy dance over here.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.1 chilly miles for me this morning. No gym today..don't have time Sad

I had 5-6 in mind but pushed for the 8 to make it 45 miles for this week. I like when peak weeks are 45 Smile Taking it easy and tapering the next 2. Good run but my body is ready for some rest. Hamstring and calf niggles here and there. Its done - and massage tomorrow so that should help too!

We are heading West today (she is past Charlottesville for those who know VA). HCBF's sister is about a 2 hour drive..we are just going to stay until dinner. We would stay the night but with HCBF away all week I think he wants to be in his own bed. And I have a cold so I do too! It's not a bad cold..but still makes me want to sleep all day haha. Anyway his sisters should be fun - Fall activities planned!

Sandy - I am with you on the treadmill. That is absolute last resort in my world too. BUT it was easier when I was in an apartment and they had a treadmill in the building. Now its even more of an effort to go to the gym of it haha. That is good that the roads get plowed faster. I guess that is the difference with places that gets lots of snow and places like Richmond. If it snows 2” here..they won’t plow for a week. Just not enough resources to do it. I hope you enjoy LOTS of couch time this weekend - you DESERVE it! And nothing beats a weekend of laziness after a travel trip. Especially one that included a marathon. My RVA marathon is on a Saturday…but I may take that Monday off just so I can have 2 days of nothing LOL. But..I am also on baby watch now..may need to drive to DC on a moments notice!

Diane - OH NO. I am so sorry to hear about the doctors apt. I wonder if the muscle damage leaking into the liver happens to all of us? Keep an eye on it! Glad you are not sore!! I usually just find after the soreness goes away I have some niggles. Blah

Docket - You would really wait to race another full until Chicago 2018?! I don’t know if I believe you Smile

Judy and Ginny - I never knew there was so much controversy in the library world!!

Run4kupcakes - I LOOVVEE the photo! You have your “Don’t F with me” face on haha Smile

HuronHeart - NOT A CAKE FAN?! WHAT?! I will take your portion please. Haha. I wonder what it is about wedding cake you like? A lot of them are filled with fruit? Have fun this weekend! Nice job toughing it out on the treadmill.

Have a good Saturday everyone!!

Anonymous Guest

9 slow easy miles in 40 degree temperatures!! That was pleasant, I didn't even break a sweat. And my group was all so happy when they finished (they ran 5, 12 and 14 miles) because they couldn't believe how easy it seemed compared to earlier runs. The girl that had never run more than 6 miles once when we started told me she didn't really believe us when we told her it would be so much easier when it cooled down, but she felt better going into mile 12 today than she has in any previous long run. Next week they'll only run 6, then their half the following weekend. So proud. But dang that was early. we started at 5:45, which meant I was up at 4:45 to get dressed, get down there, put water out and meet them. I ran the first five with the 12/14 group, then cut back to the parking lot and took off with the 5 mile group. Stayed with them until we met up with the back of the longer run group and then I ran back with the last of that group.

Kupcakes, great photo!

Kathy, enjoy the trip north and the wedding! I never learned how to play bridge for some reason, although I must have learned just about every other card game known to mankind. I remember bridge night growing up - my mom and 7 friends playing and talking and laughing loudly in the living room. If I was lucky my dad would take us to a movie. After bridge night I used to hear about how awesome and wonderful Stacy Thompson was. At my 10-yr HS reunion I saw Stacy Thompson and she said "Karen Mitchell! Geez, I used to hear all the time about how awesome you were every time our moms played bridge." Good to learn many years later that my mom did brag about me a little bit too. And funny that neither one of us knew that our moms were bragging about us.

Liz, I think I'll join you in that taper. Sounds like a long day ahead for you - enjoy it!

I think I'm going to have to go with the late morning nap here so I can stay awake for the murder mystery party tonight. Riley looks like he'll snuggle with me......

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I woke up at 9am and checked what OTF had in store today.  When I read it said 13% inclines for the WHOLE TM portion, I canceled, LOL. I don't need that kind of stress on my knee.  Hell Week can suck it, ha.  I called my husband who was running outside in a cool 83F and 71 dewpoint and ran to him and ran back with him for 4 miles.  Lifted weights after that.  Will help my grandmother move all day, so glad I am done with my workouts.

Lizzie, ha, you misunderstood. I have nothing AFTER MARCH. Smile  I have 3 more marathons until then, lol.  And I doubt I will wait until Chicago, but I have done that before, only to disappoint myself in the race so now I don't worry about marathons that are more often than not.  Enjoy the trip and nice run!

Karen, nice 9 and temps!  So jealous!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Kilmisters

Funny you guys mention the horror of TM; hopping on that thing in an hour to run so miles while watching NHL. If the game happens to be boring, it's a double torture Big grin Anyway, it's fun to play around w paces - say, fast one during commercial break/till next face-off etc. Funny how almost everyone I know says the same pace feels easier on TM, while for me it's the other way round - the outdoors easy pace seems like a sprint indoors!

Fingers crossed for Lisa's HM (if my time zone math is correct, the start was approx 20 minutes ago). Ha, speaking of time zones, we go one hour ''back'' tonight  (daylight saving stuff), so now I am totally confused about whether my phone will switch automatically or not - what do to w setting the alarm  (have to get up at approx 9am tomorrow). First world problems Big grin

Waving to everyone, will catch up w you guys after the game.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

ginnyb

13% incline?  For entire TM time?  Uh...no, unless that time was 10 seconds maybe.  Good call Damaris!

I am in one of my running slumps.  Have not run since last Sunday and don't feel guilty about that.  Still working out with trainer though, went 3 times this week and we did some running there.  I will snap out of it, I always do.

Lizzie....I know you are loving this weather!  Enjoy your weekend.

Karen...40's in Texas?  Wow, you enjoy also!  My parent played Bridge all the time when i was home, I remember those bridge parties too, I also never learned the game, don't know if my mom bragged about me or not, LOL.

In the 40's here today too and rainy, yuck.  I am working and that is yuck too.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

dhuffman63

Trails

29 here this am...frost on the car...good lord, not ready for winter. Had my massage this morning and it felt good.  Her table is heated in the winter and I did not want to get off.  For Nov I'm going to just do small training (3 miles T, Th, Sat & Sun) and XT on Mon & Wed to stay in shape and then do my blood tests again at the end of the month.  It's possible the liver test was off due to the back spasms and not so much the 50k.  All through training they've been fine and I didn't get DOMS after it so could be.

Lizzie you'll love this...I get to send poop in through the mail and avoid the colonoscopy for now.  The directions are hilarious and I immediately thought of you...is that bad?

I hope Lisa is enjoying the HM.

Damaris, 13% no fecking way.  I've had to climb some hills at races that were that grade and it sucks big time.

Ginny, it'll get better.  My run part of "races" consists of what I call a "dog trot" Not too much faster than when I walk.  I've found all sorts of walking groups on line so I'm good with doing that for my events.  I just have to pick ones with either long cutoffs or associated with longer runs so the cutoff is based on that.  I may have to give up the 100 mile goal though or find one of those 72 hour timed events to do it at. I'm good with that.

Elina, I don't mind the TM cause I listen to books when I do. At the small house we may set up a TV screen and I can watch stuff but since I'm alone on my walks anyway I've developed ways to entertain myself.

Karen, have fun at the murder mystery.  I did one years ago with my ex and we had a good time.  This year DH and I are joining DD, GD, and SIL at the zoo for trick or treat tonight.  It's going to be cold.

Kathy/HH, I really love chocolate cake and not too many other kinds.  It's the icing I'm not a fan of.  Real picky about pie too.  Love me some cookies tho.

Sandy I have a TM in the house and for the first several years it didn't get used much but with 5 dogs and horses and a DH who works late someone has to come home after work and take care of things.  I can go to the work fitness center at lunch 2 x's a week and they are good about that but after work...nope.  And until recently I was concerned about walking along our road on the weekends but I'm so glad I'm over that.

I'm kind of torn on how I feel about the cold.  I don't like being out in it but we need a good long hard freeze to kill off the ticks and other bugs that were out of control this year.  Winters for the last few years have been mild. I certainly don't want the ice storms or the 4 feet of snow.  I'd like some nice weekends so I can continue walking outside.  Sigh.  First world problems indeed.

LC Runs

Happy Saturday!

6.3 miles this morning, I dropped my DD off to get her nails done with her friend and I ran around town until time to pick her up.  40 degree, cloudy weather, not bad!

Spent the afternoon freezing at DS' soccer game, glad that chapter is over.  He plans on playing in high school but at least my Saturdays will be more open loll!

Lizzie - nice running week and have a great time at HCBF's sisters house.  When is your sil baby due?

Karen - nice group miles, it is amazing how much easier it is to run once it cools down and  the humidity is low.

Damaris - good call!  13% incline?? Yikes!

Elina - have a good TM run and hope it's a good game so the time goes faster!

Ginny - yuck on the weather and yuck on working!!  A few minutes ago it was sunny and raining at the same time here!!

Diane - your training plan sounds good, I need to write out a XT plan for the winter.  I hope I get to do the poop test through the mail instead of the colonoscopy.  Ha ha, we talk a lot about poop here!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

I have el zippo really.  Did some fill in work this morning, it was OK.  Not stellar on my part, but apparently the staff enjoys working with me which was nice to hear.  Then I came home ready to mow my lawn.  Pep talked myself on the drive home (I HATE mowing.)  Got home to find it mowed, by my neighbor, again.  UGH, I am SO embarrassed.  So now I am sitting and relaxing with some TV in my PJ's.  Ahhh.

It was really cold here too, something like 35ish overnight, maybe 65 now.  Supposed to get just as cold again tonight.

Oh my, I saw a guy wearing this sweatshirt yesterday.  LOVED it.  Fitting post-marathon.

https://www.g2oh.com/everything-hurts-tri-blend-hoodie?gclid=Cj0KCQjw1dDPBRC_ARIsAJZrQfoLaPGvU2yh1Y7dDEwfVHd6ItEDJApC_s349UZ0ji8MNxTgYs9TPgcaAv_FEALw_wcB#494=11&76=144&493=8

Lizzie, I hope you have/had a wonderful time at HCBF's sisters.  DAMN, it is too cold out, you are crazy lady!!!

Karen, have a blast at the party.  Did Riley snuggle this morning for your nap?

Damaris, you are a smart woman cancelling OTF!!  Honestly, I can't even imagine what 13% looks like, much less have to run it.

Elina, enjoy the game.  I always had a hard time running on the TM while watching sports, I would lean with the players and trip.

Ginny, enjoy your slump!  Think of it as revitalization?  Smile  You are still working with your trainer, so it isn't like you are a slug in any way.

Diane, poop in the mail...  We do it all the time for our clients.  Actually, we make them do it.   If only the postmen knew...

Did I post after work last night?  I don't think so.  NO visits/meeting at all.  Ugh but nice.  Stressed for 2 straight days over it though.  I believe the guy leaves tomorrow, I hope...  So I doubt there would be a visit.

Happy weekend all.

Kathryn

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Docket_Rocket

So, we have a tropical storm above us, ha.  Didn't even notice. Rain is something so common here we don't worry after 3 days of straight raining.  Oops.  That means I get to run outside tomorrow in the rain, yay.

Elina, I bet those talking about the horrors of the TM was not me, right?  Because I run on it around 300 days a year. Smile

Ginny, sometimes a break is good so you can miss it and want to run again.

Diane, glad you enjoyed the massage. Where I go they always heat the table.  Which makes me overheat, but I digress...

Laura, nice run!

Kat, nice to be liked and all!

I am glad I am not the only one thinking 13% is crazy.  Ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Liz, safe travels. I don't know VA that well but know Charlottesville is not on the coast.

Baby watch? Relative or friend?

If we get snow here (don't laugh, it does happen occasionally) the city has no way of dealing with it. LA County has snowplows since the I-5 pass goes up to 4200', but those are county not city.

Diane, sorry about the blood results, hope the recheck indicates no issues. That test -- I did it also and identified another job I never ever want to hold. I'm guessing for most people all the lab needs is the little vial, but sometimes they have to open that big jar. And they have to dispose of them all somehow! However, it beats the sh!t (pun intended) out of a colonoscopy. Test involving something you would do anyway, or test involving prep by drinking nasty stuff, spending the evening in the bathroom, sedation, and invasive medical procedure. I know which I chose!

Icing -- I vastly prefer homemade butter cream to the commercial sugar + Crisco + food colouring stuff. And I bake good cookies! Enjoy the zoo trick-or-treating.

Karen, congratulations to your group on their progress! Good job with them.

Never learned to play bridge either.

Damaris, 13% incline on the TM? Uh, no. I don't even know any trails that do that without letup for many minutes' worth -- how long would you be running that gradient?

Good luck moving your grandma.

Laura, re soccer, AYSO = All Your Saturdays Occupied. Glad DS had a good season but also glad it is over!

Elina, oh, is there a hockey game tonight? I'm sure SIL will have all the info. TM runs are definitely better with some changes to help break up the boredom. I figure if I was outside I'd be doing changes of pace too.

Ginny, I would love your 40s and rainy, but glad I do not normally work on Saturdays! Sympathy.

Kat, how nice of your neighbor. Take over a bottle of wine or a 6-pack or some baked goods, whichever s/he would prefer, and thank the neighbor for mowing. DD and her housemates got sidewalks cleared for years by judicious deliveries of baked goods to the old man next door who didn't mind doing the clearing for "the little gals next door" as well as his own.

Giggling over the shirt.

15.7 this morning with RN. I thought the loop was 12 miles, but it turned out I was wrong. Oh well. We did drive 2 miles because neither of us wanted to do a 16 miler with the first and last two miles being the road we have run on so many hundreds of times. A couple of stops, a few dodges when drivers didn't see us, a number of complaints from RN about the early hour (5 AM on a Saturday morning is not her preferred time of rising), and one great big hill. We managed.

Another funeral at church today and this one is going to be long remembered as somewhat farcical. The deceased was a longtime parishioner, 85 year old woman, sad to lose her but at 85 it was not unexpected. She died in August and it took until now for the son to decide what he wanted and set a date for the service, then he didn't pick a time until last Tuesday. He didn't want her best friend to speak, nor did he want to speak himself, and since our priest is on sabbatical the priest who took the service barely knew the departed. Also, son arrived a few minutes before the service was scheduled to start and then realized he had forgotten his mom. The ashes were still at home. So he had to go back and get them and the service started 30 minutes late.

Running news -- I'm over 200 miles for the month already and still have 3 days left! Better than most of the months in 2017.

LC Runs

Kat - glad the big boss stayed away!  That's really nice of your neighbor, doesn't sound like he/she minded doing it.  I agree with Tessa, bring them some sort of thank you treat!

Damaris - rainy runs in your climate would be refreshing, I'm sure!!

Tessa - great run yesterday!  Okay, I admit I LOLd about the funeral story, I have to say my older DS would be exactly the same, he would totally forget my ashes   Thank goodness I have 3 other kids lol.

Running in a bit, it's cold out (Lizzie weather) and I'm waiting for it to get to at least 20 ha ha!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Rest day for me!

We had a great time yesterday. Just spent the day eating and talking and then we carved pumpkins with the kids. I of course did a poop emoji pumpkin! I am going to try and post a picture..It turned out pretty cool! I brought some seeds home to bake. YUM.

https://pix.sfly.com/Xc24Z3

We got home late but I am glad we came home. Remember yesterday when I said I had a manageable cold? Yeah well I got progressively sicker yesterday. I swear I must have sneezed over 50x. Now I am full blown sick. BLAH. I have a massage today and I am still going to that (my legs are so tight..I need the massage badly)..but I am not going to do much else. I may pick up my computer in case I work from home tomorrow. I dont think I can deal with mammel and a head cold. I knew this was coming though!

I thought there was something else I was going to tell you ladies but I forgot!

Karen - You got up at 4:45?! Wow! Hahaha..that is an accomplishment in itself Smile Nice run yesterday and awesome on those cooler temps. How long are you supposed to have them? Is their half the same weekend as your next full? Or is yours next weekend?

Docket - So, if you don’t run marathons all the time you found that you didn’t race well? I can understand that! I should have known I misunderstood Smile 13% incline the entire time? NOPE. Smile

Kilmisters - Oh wow so you do daylight savings a week before we do! Interesting. I thought everyone was on the same schedule. I LOVE Fall back..always like having extra sleep! Smile

Ginny - Nothing wrong with taking a running break Smile At least you are still meeting with the trainer! I was trying to think how long you have been doing that, almost a year now, right? Those meatballs looked so goooood!

Diane - I LAUGHED out loud when I read your post yesterday.I actually have never heard of sending poop through the mail. I thought they made you drop it off at like a Labcorp or something? I like your training plans until you get the second round of bloodwork. Now that you mention the small house..how is that coming along?? If it helps, our weather people said nationwide its going to be WARM and DRY Winter. Which I hate, but in your case you may like that haha.

Laura - Nice run yesterday! Do you ever get your nails done? I used too but they just get ruined too quickly. I thought of you yesterday when we went and watched HCBF’s nephews soccer game. I was thinking - oh this is what Laura spends most of her weekend doing Smile They are young..but there were still vocal parents and a kid on the team that needed a good slap in the face. Smile oh you asked when my SIL is due - nov 17!

Kathryn - I want to buy that hoodie hahaha. So wait, your neighbor mowed your lawn?? Isn’t that a good thing? They probably think that you are too busy to mow it. I wouldn’t be embarrassed! Good news on the big boss.I thought I heard that you guys are dealing with a tropical storm!

Tessa - You are right - Charlottesville is not on the coast. It is in the mountains. It was a BEAUTIFUL drive there. All of the leaves changing and cold! We went and saw HCBF’s sister. She has two kids..but they are older..9 and 13. Baby watch is my sister in law. She is due mid November!  I prefer buttercream as well! Do you put buttercream on sugar cookies? MMM that is one of my favorites. Lets face it - all cookies are my favorites. Wow, nice run yesterday!!Really cool that you could do that kinda mileage with someone else! I bet that makes the time go by. Wow, that is interesting about the funeral…doesn’t seem very organized. Sorry for your loss!

Congrats on 200 miles!!! Woohooo! Is your next race in December? Speaking of December you mentioned snow..when is the last time you had snow you think?

Cathy - I hope you had a GREAT girls weekend! We miss you!

Sandy - Hope you are getting in some major couch time. Smile

I am off to the couch - I guess it is a perfect day to be sick. Rainy and cold. WHY CAN'T I BE SICK ON A MONDAY?

Happy Sunday!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

OH and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARJORIE!!!!!!

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

OH I remember what I was going to say! Haha. Lately with all this marriage talk, I have been thinking if im 100% sure I do not want kids. As of right now, NO. I am selfish and want to buy $300 bags. LOL. BUT I am also 30 years old..what if I change my mind in 5 years? What if when I hold my brothers kid I suddenly change my mind? If I were to want them someday..I wouldn't be able to have HCBF. And he is my other half. He is the one who is meant to be with me so if I changed my mind..he wouldn't support it - and then what if I regretted it?! We got on the subject in the car yesterday and he did get weird about it - but he said that if we got to that bridge..he would consider it. Very real and very deep conversation..I guess it makes me feel better that that particular door isn't closed all the way. I can't predict how I will feel 5 years from now!

Ladies who don't have kids - did you ever have these thoughts???

Just had to vent that. Haha. Ok..now off to the couch.