Womens Running

National Holiday Thursday (dailies) (Read 17 times)

Kilmisters

Latvian Independence Day (:

I do have to work a bit, tho, as most of my stuff is related to other countries, but nothing much; probably 2-3hrs or so. I could sleep in anyway Smile Tomorrow is also off, but there could be some emails from Poland/Lithuania/Estonia/Nordics, so I'll probably just check e-mail every few hrs. If it wasn't related to logistics (where f***-ups that have to be solved ASAP happen), I wouldn't do that, but oh well.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Kilmisters

35mins run yesterday. Felt like a absolute crap the entire day (that's not a surprise since I watched Flyers game till 5:30am, so self-inflicted damage, but I was still awake when it started and then just couldn't stop watching!). At 9pm finally felt like a human being not auto-pilot and went out for that short run. Best decision ever. Stores close at 9pm here (weird Covid-related restriction), so streets were totally empty (except for one person walking the dog), it was raining - so, it was supernice alone time.

I better get more decent run today (and tomorrow, and the day after Big grin), we have a game on Sunday... I don't feel in shape yet after the Estonia trip.

Off to my Excels, lots to be done (incl. managing final crop of peppers) in short time to manage a daylight run.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Morning. I have 3 and Pilates later.

Elina, nice job on the run!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Great balls of fire, I am tired!!

Spent the day wandering and at the aquarium.  A little of a letdown after seeing Monterey Bay and Vancouver's.  Had lunch in the Time Out Market.  Probably 30 little shops with some well known chefs.  Last nights meal was excellent.  Very different, not traditional foods.  But the best meal I had here, realizing it wasn't traditional.

I am ready to come home and chill.

Best to you all and thanks for putting up with me.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

3.5 morning miles, temp was in the mid 30's but the wind made it feel colder.  Flurries are coming down  now bleh.

Karen - glad you are settling in!  That's hysterical about DH and the neighbor's name 

Elina - sorry you have to work on the holiday but glad you had a good run yesterday!!

Damaris - have a good run!

Kat - so glad last night's dinner was better than the previous meal!   Safe travels home!

Ugh, work....no words LOL

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Elina, Happy Independence Day! Wonderful you had a nice, solitary run.  Those can be reinvigorating.

Laura, snow flurries.  So glad I am in TX now, I just can't fathom that anymore.

Yesterday:

Damaris, sorry about the house, I hope all goes smoothly with it.  I'm sure you'll do what's best with the asthma.

Sue, hope dinner was fun last night!!  That is CRAZY about your brother's truck, insanity!!!

Lizzie, how is Baby B feeling???  I bet snotty babies are the worst.  Good luck with Thanksgiving planning.  Reminds me that I need to pick up a turkey.  I love a good turkey dinner.  I am scared one of my friends might invite me for dinner - the vegans.  Hard Pass.

CC, pecan pie is one of my favorites!!!  My Mom's is to die for.  (Who doesn't think their Mom's is the best...)

Cathy, still feeling OK?  I've had this minor and intermittent sore throat for weeks.  Just a pesky annoyance on occasion.  FUN you're going to FL with TF!!!  TF's parents for Thanksgiving!!  Things are moving along...

Karen, sounds like you have some wonderful neighbors!!!  Even ones called Caleb.  Too funny.  Saw your FB pics, nice you at least have the bed together, cute the dogs got to it before you did!!!

Just finished up packing, I don't think my bag is anywhere near as heavy as from Spain.  I hope.  I have a splurge in the checked suitcase, a VERY expensive bottle of vintage port.  I have never ever come anywhere near this.  But, the wine guy promised me I will adore it.  At least it is good for a spell.

I was incredibly blessed with the weather here (high 60's and SUNNY) and in Spain, which was only slightly warmer.  Couldn't ask for more.  Yes, I am still thinking of relocating here in a few years.  I will be back in 2023 for a month most likely.  I can't do it next year, I already have 4-5 weeks of trips planned, not including some intermittent days here and there for races.

I have about 24 hours worth of travel ahead of me tomorrow.  I leave the hotel at 2:15am and get home at 9:10pm, both Friday, but with the time changes and time at airports, it works out to 24 hours.  UGH.  Flying from SA is a nightmare because the only thing international about that airport is flights to Mexico.  Seriously.

Tired and ready for my own bed.  Booster vaccine Saturday.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

LC Runs

Just got the Booster, we'll see how I do the next 24 hours.  So far, just a sore arm.

Kat - that is a long day of travel, will cross fingers all will go smoothly!  Glad you  had nice weather!  Yeah, it is cold and yucky here.  I"m over it already!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

5 blustery miles for me. The first half into that horrible wind but faster than I expected. The second half had it at my back and so I felt like i was flying. The last mile was so fast for me lately. This old girl hasn't seen an 11mm in years. But with the wind blowing hard at my back I actually could not slow down.

Damaris,  did I miss something? Are you moving?

Karen,  I'm glad you're finally getting into 4 walls that don't move.

Kat.... safe travels.

Hi to everyone else!!!!@

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 miles and strength training. Now just need to get through the work day tomorrow & then I'm off for a week.

Kilmisters, did you at least take a nao or something before the Flyers game? DH's friend is coming down this weekend, he's a big Flyers fan.

Dockett, hope the 3 went well with no calf pain.

KatS, OMG, that is a long travel day.

LCRuns, hope you have no side effects from the booster.

BerthaSlayer, every so often we have wind so strong it pushes me uphill.

Anonymous Guest

Exhausted again today, no running. Only 12,000 steps so I guess I should go unpack some more stuff and put it away. Nope.

These dogs are cracking me up. I've never had a dog that liked toys the way Huckleberry does. He was so excited to see his bucket of toys, and has been randomly pulling them out and playing the last couple days. I went into the bedroom earlier and he was lying in the bed with four different toys. Riley not a big fan of the toys, but he is loving the backyard and every time I sit on the couch he jumps up and cuddles next to me.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to be doing a last man standing race, but I just can't. My back hurts, my feet hurt, this morning my calves hurt, I am mentally and physically exhausted. Moving is tough when you're an old lady. We have made great progress though - kitchen is done, garage is close, master bedroom and bathroom getting there. Still need to do a lot in the exercise room, office and living room. And figure out what crap goes in what closet and how much stuff we can fit in the guest bedroom and still fit in a guest or two when needed. It's now become the guest/model boat/Christmas decorations room.

Kathryn, I am loving all your pictures. You are a great friend to vicariously live adventures through since you take such great photos.

Elina, enjoy the long weekend off.

Laura, way too soon for snow flurries! I keep getting all these black Friday ads and wondering why they are starting so early. Then I looked at the calendar - how is it Thanksgiving already next week???

Speaking of black Friday, DH went to Home Depot to get a sheet of plywood to use in the attic and he saw a refrigerator on sale that looked like exactly what we want. He took a picture, I looked it up online, and bought it. Gets delivered next week. I feel a little stupid ordering a new one when the one we have works, but I want one with the freezer on the bottom, plus the one we have just looks bad - there is a temperature display on the front that we've already replaced once and is failing again, plus some scuffs that won't come out of one of the doors. And it's had issues ever since the lightning strike a few years back (I think we actually got insurance money to replace it, but with our high deductible at the time and everything else that needed repaired/replaced we just banked the money when it started working again).

I also booked a Uhaul truck and tow trailer for next week. We need to get DH's Corvette and all the stuff in the small storage unit we rented.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel