Womens Running

Karnel's Amazing Weekend 1(over 40) (Read 23 times)

Go Julie!!! Doing Warrior Dash!

Go Karen.. some squirrely run...

Who else?

Cindy-you needed a rimshot on that post!

treadmill? trail? 14 feels like 2. not talking mileage.  wasn't it just 60?

In Michigan we love our seasons...just not all in the same week.

someone posted on FB that it will be easier today to run farther than the temperature than it will be in July.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Me!  Raises hand!   I will run for Karnel this weekend too  I'm still thinking to take the leaf to all the spots we took flat Stanly.  It may be fate since RW mag came yesterday and the rave run pic is downtown Charleston by the Battery.  We were there to take pics out to the Ocean and by the canons.  So must mean I need to take the leaf there too.  I need to pay my "fee" on paypal for this too.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 10 miles tonight and I will run for Karnel and for a friend that is in hospice and might pass away any moment.  Very sad run, I predict but I run because they cannot!

Julie, enjoy the Dash!

Karen, hope you have fun!

Lisa, hope you get your run in.

Marjorie, enjoy your run!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Linda

I will run for Karnel, today as well.  I am very nervous about the race.  It is my first 25K.  It is a trail described as strenous.

Good luck Julie!  WarriorDash sounds like so much fun.

Lisa:  I hope you don't get sick in all that chageing weather.  Happy running!

Marjorie:  I need to pay me fee, too.  I will do it today.

Damaris:  I hope you have a peaceful run, today.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Anonymous Guest

Morning everyone!

Linda, I didn't realize your 25K was this weekend - good luck! You'll do fine.

Marjorie, I saw that picture last night while looking at RW and thought of you!

Lisa, am I guessing you ended up on the trail.

Damaris, sad indeed. I hope you have an inspirational 10.

Me, 6 easy today, then trail half tomorrow. Hope the predicted overnight snow doesn't get in the way of driving to PA tomorrow. Not supposed to be much sticking. The world's most expensive dog had his eye restitched yesterday. The vet gave me this one for 1/2 price, I think partly because they put him in a smaller e-collar after the last one and that is why he was able to get to his stitches. But not good when you walk out after paying $500 and think "well, that's not so bad". The receptionis asked the vet what Jake did this time, and she replied "acting like a puppy when he's almost 12 years old!"

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Anonymous Guest

Laura and Damaris, I don't know which is worse - door slamming and yelling, or the new norm at my office - gossip and back stabbing.

Forget to mention - a crappy week at work followed by another trip to the vet + cold, windy weather = one amazing tempo run. I left the dog to get restitched, came home and decided to run outside. It was about 28 degrees, winds gusting to 40 and I had the best run. 2 mile warm up, 6 tempo miles at 8:00, 8:00, 7:54, 7:54, 7:55, 7:57, and then a mile cool down. I felt awesome. I was supposed to run them all at 8:12, but the 8s just felt right. Love it when a run comes together like that. During my cool down I was thinking "THIS is why I do this".

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Linda

Karen:  Wow! on that run

LC:  Maybe I missed it here, but did you post that pic of you at the mud run, here in the forum.  You look incredible--Smokin' Hot!!

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

runlikeagirl18

Good morning ladies-

I got up and out for nine chilly miles this morning - although not as cold as you Michigan/Ohio ladies! My Saturday RB needed to go early, so we started out at 7:00 in 23 degrees. But the sun came out and it's not windy, so it wasn't too bad. Still haven't decided what to do for Karnel's Amazing Event - I don't have a race on the schedule until March. I may just pick my run with the boys tomorrow.

Lisa - glad you appreciated the humor! Our weather has been all over the place here too - I ran in shorts and a SS shirt on Wednesday and really could have been in a tank top.

Marjorie - I haven't looked at my RW yet - I'll have to check out the pic. I like the Flat Stanley idea.

Damaris - sorry about your friend.

Linda - good luck in your 25K!

Karen - that's exactly how I feel after a good tempo run. Good luck tomorrow, I hope you don't wind up with much snow.

Camille - I think it was you that asked what training plan I'm using? I wrote it myself with the help of a friend who is a very accomplished runner. That way I can adapt it to the days I like to run, the fact that I only run 4 days a week, and include the kind of speedwork I like (tempo runs, longer intervals) and ignore the kind I don't (any type of track work, short intervals). There are probably better plans, but it works for me.

Off to have some coffee and a hot shower - I can't seem to warm back up from my run. Have a good day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Docket_Rocket

Linda, good luck with the 25K.

Anonymous, enjoy your 6 and good luck tomorrow.  My office has gossip and back stabbing galore, but the door slamming plus that went over the line!  LOL.

Cindy, enjoy your runs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Hi Ladies, just back from the boys' soccer games.

Ran 6 outside today, cold and snowy but enjoyable, I ran for Karnel.  That last mile was a bit of a struggle with the wind at my face but I was nice and refreshed once I got home Smile

Lisa - I know, we do have wacky seasons and I did remind myself that 8 degrees is better than 88 lol

Marjorie - have a good Karnel run!

Damaris - have a great run for Karnel and your friend.

Linda - good luck, I really want to race a 25k, there's one in Michigan in May but it usually coincides with baseball season (it's about 3 hours away).  I think I posted that pic following the race (from 7/11), I have three from the Warrior Dash that I bought as computer downloads.  It cracks me up that my 'best' race pics are of me covered with mud Big grin

Karen - have a great trail race tomorrow, I hope the weather is okay.  LOL about work, we also have gossip/backstabbing so it's an all around crapfest ha ha

Cindy - great 9!!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me  I have my Karnel run all planned out .  I hope to get downtown early enough to be at the top of the bridge to get a good sunrise picture over the harbor with the leaf.  Figure I can recreate most the run Amy Del and I did when we ran together and then run to all the spots I took Flat Stanley for Karnel.  I'll take a bunch of pics so this could be a nice run.  Hope it works out!

Marjorie

14.4 for me.  Did the 9 something trail loop then out/back on the paved path.  Cold yes but with appropriate clothing fine.  The inch or so dusting of snow on top of icy ruts on the trail were the bad part.  Although I did come up with a little poem that I used as a mantra.

I have not met

A single run yet

Which I have regret.

Lisa

ajdx5

Hi Girls -  just a peek in to let you know that I ran for Karnel.   It was 7.1 miles & I had some heel pain, so I'm going to dial back & stretch a ton & see if that helps.  I waited until 10;45 to go b/c it was so stinkin' cold here this am.

Note:  Those in the NE & Upper Midwest... no snickering.  To my little hot house flower self, it *was* cold.  Big grin

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Amy Del I will be thinking of you tomorrow as I run the bridge in Charleston and over to Patriots Point like we did.  I'll then do the Battery and some other areas to take a bunch of pictures for Karnel's event.  Boo to the foot still bothering you!

Lisa such a nice run.  Yes dressing right is important.

Karen yes you do have a very expensive doggie!  I will be running along the battery just like the guy in the picture was tomorrow.  Good thing I have nothing planned tomorrow other than my long run as I will be running all over down town and with the picture taking this may take awhile Surprised

D how is the breathing today?

Cindy glad it wasn't as cold here today as there.  Still I waited until after 9 am so I didn't freeze.  When Hammy woke me up super early it was 28 and I wasn't going to run in that when I didn't have to.  Guess Hammy wanted to see his shadow or not.  He did not so we won't have 6 more weeks of winter.  Despite what that old Ground Hog in PA thinks.  (not sure if he saw his shadow or not up in PA)  But Hammy didn't so warmth is on the way.

Laura nice cold chilly run for you.  You can keep the cold.  Thanks!

The drama of back stabbing!  I'm so glad that my department is not like that.  But I see it in the centers ALL THE TIME!  Just happy that I don't have to deal with it that often.

Linda I sent my pay pal in just a little bit ago when I got on the system so I could print out a leaf and I have to cut the leaf out to put it on heavier backer paper so I can use it tomorrow.

Scored at Target.  Tech gloves on sale for $3 so I got a bright yellow pair, bright orange and the orange ones have an extra layer to wear over them if I wish too that is pink and orange, or I can wear the overlay by itself if I want my finger tips gloveless.  Very happy with them

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ah just looked up the Ground Hog agrees with Hammy, it will be an early spring!

Marjorie