Womens Running

Mondailies Already??? (Read 17 times)

Monday and a sinus headache. Ugh.

Fabulous weekend here.  DH was gone Saturday morning so I got to sew!!  It really did my spirit good. Afternoon met my friends and we drove north to a gravel grinder. One of the bike club guys lives way out in the country. He has mapped the dirt/gravel roads and has 10, 20, 30 mile rides.  We did the 20 miler at dusk/dark and it was a blast.  We hung out with a group of about 10-12 and rode 20 miles ish. My Garmin says 19+ change. After the ride, he had a huge bonfire, and had fixed everyone (about 50 people!) red beans and rice + drinks.  Cissy and I baked cookies, those were a hit. Next ride in February. I need to join the bike club. Fun group.

DH was fussing about being alone Saturday night, so I suggested he go meet his friend for a drink. He drove the mustang and blew a fan belt. LUckily, he was close to his friend's house, so he was able to leave the car there and got a ride home after dinner and drinks. Yesterday I drove him over, got the belt changed, and she ran like a champ again. Did lots of house chores yesterday afternoon.

Didn't sleep well, think I have a sinus headache and it was raining, so I stayed in this morning.

0745 meeting. I have not had enough coffee to argue w these folks.

Later

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Cathy, I hope you and your family are OK from what happened.  I'm sure you likely know someone affected, thoughts to them.  How awful.

Sue, hope the headache clears.

Back to the grind...

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Seloc

Hello Friends!  Happy Monday - at least it's a short week.  In the US anyway - sorry, Elina.  Just 4mi for me on Sat and then ALL the leaves.  Thought I was done but then there were hurricane winds yesterday so more have collected along the fence line.  Blerg.  But, at least there isn't snow.  Will try to get to those later today and then make another trip to the yard waste site for hopefully the final time of the season.  Very much a rest day yesterday besides chores and walking the pupper.  Fitness class this morning.  Felt really good after last week off.  Got online late Friday and scooped a booster for noon on Sat.  Pretty happy to get that done,  The curse of being unable to procrastinate.  Had to navigate the dreaded Mall of America but it was pretty smooth.  If not for the 6 year old screaming bloody murder and the 10-12 year old having none of it ahead of me, it would have gone even faster.  All in all nbd.  And, no side effects.

Sue - sounds like a great weekend mix of fun and productivity.  Love that.  Your bike club sounds super fun!

Kat - welcome back to the grind.  Whatcha doing for Thanksgiving?  I think I saw you are cooking - are you having friends over as well?  Glad your eye is okay!  Well, I figure since I pay to workout I shouldn't pay to have someone do my leaves haha.

Cathy - hope your cold is gone.  OMG on the SUV at the parade.  So scary!  Are your girls off school all week?

HCK - glad you are feeling better!  I can't believe you ran through that.  But, maybe it wouldn't have helped improve things to rest?

Laura - glad you had fun with your friends at the auction fundraiser.  Did you win anything?

Let's hope today flies by!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Good morning. Hubby had a rough night last night but seems to be reasonably fine this morning. Back on afternoons today so I've already completed my baby weights. Only 20 minutes worth but it's good enough for today.

While I'm not American I've created my own short work week and requested Friday night off due to lack of interest. Maybe I will put up our Christmas decorations. I must say that I want turkey too so feel free to eat some for me.

Cathy,  I was horrified at the footage of the parade. I'm glad you're ok.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Kilmisters

Sandy, ha, we had a longer weekend last week PLUS I get to watch Flyers at 11:30pm Latvian time on Friday, so I have NO problem whatsoever with you guys having days off haha Smile Yay for booster! Which one was it?

Weekend was fun! Floorball game after month of just easy running - today I have slight pain in muscles I weren't aware of, haha. And now next game is only in 2.5wks because of international break (there's World championship next week). It's f***ing stupid. My fast-twitch musles fully activated only when 2/3rds of the game were already gone (!) and I am totally sure it had to do with no floorball for a month. And now another long break? I have to figure out how to deal with this, perhaps implementation of surges in running routine or maybe some extra in the pre-game warmup. Maybe some additional sugar in the sports drink. I don't know.

Today was fun work-wise. A software that had always been working properly (and one I have to hand over to colleague in 1 month time) suddenly had a bug in the main feature (data export). I wrote their client/tehnical service and we went thru lots of stuff that could had caused it, but nothing seemed to fix it. Then the woman just said ''ok, delete the software and do a full re-install''. I was, uhm, ok. I was 100% sure it is some minor bug (because other stuff aside from export were working just fine) and didn't believe such drastic step has to be taken (and was dreading how much time it would take w all the IT tickets etc.), but I know nothing about the set-up of that software, so oh well. Before writing IT, I decided to take a closer look at all the setting/database folders of the tool to see if something is visibly off. And there it was - one config file - that I was SURE I hadn't touched ever - suspiciously had ''last modified'' date at mid-November. I had backup from May and just replaced the file with ''old'' one. ANY EVERYTHING IS WORKING NOW. Like, what in the actual f***. Imagine how much time I would had spent in case of full re-install, and HOW do these guys don't know this stuff about their of software, that I can solve by just ''let's see if anything odd is in the folders'' in FIVE minutes? I don't want to make this into a (not so) humble brag but it's probably critical thinking vs doing stuff as per manual.

Back to my (now working) Excels.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Quick check in as I avoid writing my self evaluation - LOL. Running as per usual and started back with strength training. Did a 45 minute lower body workout yesterday and I have a hard time sitting today! Weather is getting coolllddd and I am in heaven over here. It feels so much like the holidays and I love it. I even convinced my scrooge of a husband to put up the Christmas decorations early Smile. Hoping we can work on that today or tomorrow.

Baby B was negative for COVID. Thank goodness! She is back at daycare today - another THANK GOODNESS! The quiet around here is wonderful. She is still a little snotty but I feel like she is snotty all the time? She is also teething. OMG..its been awful. I have been getting 2-3 hours of sleep a night. She just wants to be cuddled - which is fine, but ugh. MOMMA NEEDS SLEEP. I had no idea it was teething and thought she was just being grumpy until I stuck my finger on her gums and almost cut myself! Both bottom teeth are starting to poke through. She is growing so fast. You guys, she is going to be 6 MONTHS this weekend!!! CRAZY. My doctor said we could start trying for #2 after 6 months which is even crazier! LOL.

Other than the baby life...just getting ready for our Thanksgiving gig!

I have to go back and read..just haven't had the time or energy. A few quick shoutouts...

Sandy - We are still covered in leaves over here. HCDH is out right now buying a backpack blower - LOL. Awesome on the booster! I thought I saw somewhere that everyone can get it now? Guess I need to put that on my to do list.

Cathy - Glad you are safe! Thought of you immediately when I saw that last night!

I will try to be back for more later!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Seloc

Lori - oops - forgot about the Canadian friends.    Sorry for the rough night.  Glad you have a short week!

Elina - awesome about resolving the software issue.  Maybe you should become tech support??  I hear ya on the follow the script people.  So frustrating!  I got the Pfizer booster which was the same as my original.  Surges during a run sounds like a GREAT plan to stay in shape for floorball.  When is your next race?  Hooray for matinee hockey for you!

Liz - awwww poor Baby B (and Mama!) on the teething.  She is growing SO FAST.  6 mo already - wow!  Yeah, I had heard MN was going to open to all but I think CDC has now done so.  In any case, I waited until it was my turn.  Rule following oldest child here.  But, can't seem to procrastinate to save my life so was ON it.  Kinda silly, really.  It's your kinda cold weather here.  Ugh.  I'm skipping all holidays this year so like it even less haha.  Counting down the days until FL!

Meeting time...

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Lizzie.... there's NO WAY Baby B is 6 months already! Time flies. And yes,  babies are always snotty for one reason or other.

Ok. So hubby has it in his head he wants to sell the house in 5 years and travel in an RV for 2-3 years. For adventure. That sure would be adventure! Neither of us seems to be able to handle more than one week away for vacation! I need Karen to tell me all the pros and especially cons. I'm thinking that a month is all I could handle. But 2 years!!!! Omg.  I hope he changes his mind.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Yes, we are all safe here!  Thank you for the thoughts!  My kids were never big fans of the Christmas parade, too cold and the parade is long!  I know people that were there, we don't personally know anyone that was injured, at least as of yet.  I did not have the kids this weekend and I was hanging out with TF at his place at the time, so I was not even in Waukesha.  I wasn't feeling that great, TF made me comfy on the couch and cooked dinner, chicken parmesan.  I think that was a really fancy meal for him.    XDH had taken DD to the gelato place in downtown Waukesha (one of our fave places) earlier in the day, they saw people getting set for the parade.  DH asked DD if she wanted to go to the parade, she said no.  The accident happened right by the gelato place.

Sue, hope the headache is better!  It sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Kat, must be tough to be back to the grind.  Glad the rest of the trip was uneventful!

Sandy, I'm not missing the yard work.    It was really windy here also!  Still have a runny nose.  Now it looks like older DD has a sore throat.  The kids were supposed to be off Thur and Fri.  They had today off due to the incident, not sure if they will be back tomorrow or not.  How about those Vikings?  TF is a Bears fan so we watched that game, was keeping an eye on the Packer game.  Both games were crazy!

Lori, glad hubby is doing better.  Nice that you have a short week.  That is a long time to travel and live in an RV.

Elina, must be tough going back to floorball after the break.  I bet that was a test for the fast twitch muscles!  Cool that you solved that software issue!

Liz, shouldn't take long to do the self-evaluation, you're awesome.    Awww, poor Baby B and poor you!  Teething is tough.  Wow, 6 months already!  She will be crawling and talking before you know it...

Cathy

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

So, one of HCDH's parents friends did the RV trip. They didn't sell their house but they have been traveling across the US in an RV for about 3 years. They love it. Wouldn't be my thing but to each their own!

Lizzie.... there's NO WAY Baby B is 6 months already! Time flies. And yes,  babies are always snotty for one reason or other.

Ok. So hubby has it in his head he wants to sell the house in 5 years and travel in an RV for 2-3 years. For adventure. That sure would be adventure! Neither of us seems to be able to handle more than one week away for vacation! I need Karen to tell me all the pros and especially cons. I'm thinking that a month is all I could handle. But 2 years!!!! Omg.  I hope he changes his mind.

Cathy - Hope you are feeling a bit better! Sounds like TF was trying to help Smile HCDH has a runny nose so of course he is dying. So glad you and the kids weren't anywhere near! So sad.

Sandy - HCDH mentioned you quite a bit yesterday during the game! Wink

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Cathy, so good to know you and yours are safe!  <3  <3  

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Anonymous Guest

Hey all,

Quick check in from me. I ran for the first time in a week today. Just 5 miles, but boy did I need it. This shirt is very very tempting:

Cathy, glad you and your kids were nowhere near the parade yesterday. That video was horrifying.

Lori, I think an extended RV trip could be fun. I would not recommend a van with two large dogs for more than a month, but you don't need to get one of those giant busses to have a decent amount of room. I think if I were to do it, I'd get something you could pull behind a truck (so you can park it and then have a vehicle to go run errands or go places it's hard to get to with a giant vehicle. I think the secret is to find a RV park type of place every so often for a night or two to do laundry and have nice big clean bathrooms. The plus side of going for a long time is that you don't have to try to fit a bunch of stuff into a trip and can take your time. There are some logistics you have to figure out, like where to have your vehicles registered and a way to get mail, but there are ways to do that. I was talking to a lady at the last place we stayed at that was doing just what your DH wants to do, and they were loving it. If you find a nice place with good weather, you could even stay for a few months and it's super cheap for monthly rates. That's what they were doing - staying there for the winter, then come March or so, they were going to head back west for several months. They spent most of this past summer in Oregon and Washington. I'm not sure I'd be okay with selling everything and going, but there are plenty of people that do and that like it.

Liz, hooray for covid negative! And for baby B to be able to go back to daycare.

Hi to everyone! I know there's a bunch more I wanted to say, but boxes are calling. I'd say we're 90% done with the main parts of the house. The office, workout room and guest bedroom still have a ways to go. Tomorrow we're planning on driving back to get the rest of our stuff and the Corvette, although we haven't heard from the Uhaul guy yet, and they are supposed to call today.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Seloc

Liz / Cathy - so kinda funny about the football game...  I had it on but was reading.  Kinda paying attention.  Vikings were up and then they weren't because that's how they roll.  Went upstairs at the 2min warning figuring I would have time to come back down to see the end and they would lose anyway.  Came back down and the game was over.  I missed the game winning FG!  Had to pull it up on my phone to see what happened LOL

Cathy - man, that's sooo scary with DD and XDH being right near there just before.  Awwww so sweet of TF to take care of you.  Man, I could REALLY use a cook these days.  Yeah, I had forgotten how much fall clean up there is.  Last year it snowed in mid Oct so a lot was left.  And it had been 15 years since I owned a house.  I seem to remember hiring it out in my last year there, too.  I have to say, though, it's been good for unintentional weight loss.  Got on the scale the other day and thought it was broken.  Weighed Lily to be sure LOL.  Haven't seen a number that low in my adult life.  When one wears joggers all the time, clothes are not a great indicator haha  Feel better!

Liz - LOL on HCDH and his runny nose.  I was thinking of HIM yesterday but figured the Vikings would just blow it as usual.  They have lost like 3 (?) games in OT this year.

WOOHOO - both my afternoon meetings just got canceled!!  Might have to cut out early and work from the backyard to finish up these darn leaves.  Monday ain't so bad over here.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon! In the office today, which is the new office in the federal courthouse and every time I leave I have to go through metal detectors, undressing, etc. even as an employee. Not sure I want to bring my diploma now which is huge, although it might be fun to watch them pass it through the detectors, lol.

RD for me. Maybe Barre or something.

Cathy, glad to hear you guys are safe!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Run RD for me - upper body workout this morning.  Got a fresh new haircut at lunch, I sure wish I could get it to look how they style it!

Work was busy but not awful.  The phone stayed relatively quiet so I was able to catch up on some paperwork.  I am so glad it is a short week and then next week I only work M-W as we're going to Nasville for a 4 day weekend with BF's dad and siblings.  We are staying in an Air BnB and I am afraid it may be too much 'peopleing' for me, we shall see!

Sue - your weekend sounds so fun!!

Kat - ugh, hope your day wasn't too bad, it's always a cluster going back after time off

Sandy - same weather here.  Doing the leaves is a great workout though!!  Whoo hoo on the booster and no side effects but oh boy on the kids in line - that would have been my kids, my two youngest were awful with the flu shot, thank god they outgrew it.  I mean, they still hate it but at least they don't want to make a scene LOL.  The auction, I came home empty handed. I did buy 50/50 tix (pot was over $1,000 so I would have loved $500+). I didn't buy anything, this stuff was going for $100-$1000!  Plus, I didn't realize they only took cash or check and I had little of the first and not the other!

Lori - glad DH is feeling better today!  Nice job with the weights!

Elina - glad you had a fun weekend and I appreciate people like you that can figure out computer stuff - you are my heroes!!

Lizzie-  I am so glad Baby B doesn't have COVID and how is she almost 6 months?   Ugh on the self evaluation, but you should give yourself a really good one!!

Cathy - so glad you all are safe! I saw the article on my newsfeed and was like, "Waukesha? I swear that's where Cathy lives" and then they said kids in a parade so I was worried you and the DD's may be there.  So awful, what in the heck is wrong with people?  I haven't caught up on anything with it today.  Hope you are feeling better today!

Hi Judy!!

Karen - I love that shirt!!

Damaris - are you still doing every other Monday in the office?  Funny about the metal detector!

Okay, gotta go check on the lasagne I have in the oven...