Womens Running

Opening Monday (over 40) (Read 18 times)

Opening Day here for the Tigers. Must be SPRING!??? We are having a themed day at work and I'll try to get by the ballpark (.5 mile walk from work to Comerica Park). Is fun to be close by and even to complain about traffic coming out of the stadium. A problem that many would love to have.

Tessa-don't catch my knee issue.

Gatsby-loved the pics from the ultimate down under!

Laura-dd saw that last week.  I did like the book.

Carol-I'm still contemplating The Trail half.  Next weekend I'm getting onto trails. We looked at some yesterday and they were all ice pack. With warm weather yesterday and next couple of days should be good for next week.

Ginny-what was that race you posted at Cedar POint/ Sandusky?

Damaris-here's to stellar strides the next time!

Karen-hope all goes well with your presentation

Marjorie-hoping your "great balls of fire" feet are better.

Off to gym and kid pickup.

Lisa

Bikerchick1

Lisa - what a nice forecast for opening Monday!   Tigers baseball = Michigan Smile    We have been out on the trails here for short runs and they haven't been too bad.  Glad that you are still contemplating trail run 

Tessa - Ugh, so sorry about your knee....grrrrr....hope it gets better soon!

LCruns - Nice weather predicted today....almost too good to be true isn't it!

Enjoyed the yogalates last night.  It was a nice mix of Yoga and Pilates.   A nice way to top off a weekend of spin/10mile run.....

Out to the trail for a trail run.

Carol

ginnyb

Happy Monday!

I had the best 4 mile run this morning that I have had in months!  Felt great!  No wind at all, temps in the 30's probably, but felt warm after what we have had.  The no wind was the best part.

Lisa....yes that race is here in Sandusky.  I think it is June 29th  Wanna do it??  You have to sign up today to avoid price increase.  It is pretty pricey for a half, but you could stay with me and you get the admission to the park Friday, Sat. and Sun, plus a discount for a guest.  At least that is how I read it.  Anyone else want to do it also?  I have 3 empty bedrooms!

Tessa.....hope the knee heals fast!

Marjorie... want to come paint my guest bedroom?   I do not like to paint, I am very messy.  I keep putting it off and it is still royal blue with a Denver Broncos border ( my youngest son's room).  I want to make it into a guest bedroom/place for me to exercise.

I really, really do not want to go to work this afternoon.....ugh!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

Here is the link for Cedar Point Run and Ride.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/runandride/the-races/cedar-point-half-marathon

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Howdy!  Had a great weekend!  We went to Lafayette, LA for the inaugural Zydeco Marathon.  Great race!  We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn which was across the street.  Picked up race packets, went to the expo.  Went out for a late lunch.  Yum!  Shrimp and grits appetizer and I had the fish tacos.  Went to some hole in the wall place for boudin (cajun sausage) and then out for supper at some really old Italian restaurant that was packed.

Small race--I think about 1400 for the half and 400 for the full.  Ran through downtown and University of Louisiana campus.  Two 13 mile loops.  Beautiful day--47 to start, about mid 60s at finish.  Shorts and t-shirt, wish I had worn a tank.  Azaleas were blooming everywhere.  Water stop every mile, two or three aid tents, good crowd support.  Ran with my running buddy.  Had a great 13 miles, right on target.  Mile 16 bathroom emergency stop.  Mile 17-18 she needed to walk 3 times and told me to go on.  Mile 19 I stopped at a house that had a drinking water fountain at the mail box and took a bird bath.  Washed my face and drank.  Nice and cool.  After mile 22 I needed some walk breaks.  Walking hurt more than running, so I slogged through.  Quads and calves were so tight.  Happy to cross the finish at 4:37:? .  Wasn't a PR, but with all the walk breaks ok.

Running buddy was at the finish line.  She returned via ambulance.  They wanted to take her to the ER, but she said she just wanted her hubby.  She was sick last month and was still recovering from the bronchitis and pneumonia.

Post race party was great!  They gave each runner 6 food and drink tickets.  Got a beer and went to the massage table.  REALLY helped.  While I was waiting , the hubby brought me food--boudin stuffed wontons (hot!) and shrimp pasta.  I ran out of beer so the massage guy's aid got me another.  4 hour ride home was tough, but running buddy has decided we are returning next year!

Ouch Tessa--glad nothing is broken.  Sorry about your fall.

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, poor running buddy, but it sounds like a good race! Boudin stuffed won tons? Now that's a different kind of fusion! Nice of the massage guy's aide to bring you another beer and for running buddy's hubby to bring you food (unless you have a hubby you haven't mentioned...)

Ginny, I love roller coasters, but that's such a busy time of year that it would be very difficult to get away. Hope work is not as dreadful as you were anticipating.

Lisa, the knee shouldn't be contagious -- unless you also have stationary bikes jumping out in front of you for you to trip over. Tigers start  today? Is that normal? I don't think the Dodgers normally play until the second half of April.

Carol, busy weekend! Yogalates sounds interesting.

Not sure where Judy is.

No run today. Knee is still sore and braced. And I had to take my sister to the airport this morning and go get my bus pass at lunch. Class this evening (and tomorrow night) and I need the train/bus pass tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone's day is going well!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day

busy at work. I forgot my computer. Remembered to take my 2 pairs of shoes to the cobblers up by the office that does a great job but forgot my computer. So, had to drive home again to get the computer. Added 46 miles to my trip. But it wasn't a bad day.

Lisa feet are good. Just irritation of the nerve since he has been working the entrapment of the sciatic nerve. It was good in yesterdays run.

Carol  hope the trail run went well

Ginny I'd do it (painting). I get paint on my hands but am really good not getting it on stuff or my cloths. I will finish the big room this week or weekend (I want to paint the closet this time too). Glad the 4 miles went well.

Tessa  healing vibes to the knee

Marjorie