Womens Running

Tired Thursday - Supermoms (Read 13 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8K with Sam.

KR - we were at the playground, and there were some older (around 12 y/o) kids playing, so B was a bit scared.  He held onto my hand, and when we walked past the other kids, he said very solemnly, "this is my FATHER."

FR - chicken rice, shanghai bok choi.

NRR - caught in a cycle of insomnia/wanting to keyboard face from caffeine and gravol. ARGH.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

RR: planning on 5-6 miles. Forgot my Garmin at home, but I pretty much know where most of my mile markers are. It's humid and foggy.

TR: climbing up and jumping off everything that he can. Going to give mama a heart attack. Slept restless this morning- heard him whining in his sleep a few times btw 4-5:30.

NRR: debating on whether to drive Fri or Sat up to my parents house. Not having to travel on Sat is appealing, but we wouldn't be leaving until 7:30pm on Fri. Not sure how R would do with a late night trip.

Zorbs- have a great run! Blah, I hate the insomnia/caffeine highs and lows.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  Nope.

BR:  Is a drooling biting machine.  Does NOT like to be left alone.

TR:  Has a little "show" for his class next week.  I am hoping I can go.  I lost it on him last night at bedtime.  I feel horrible.

NRR:  We are getting our patio doors today!  I am SO excited.  I can't wait to see it.  They are taking out a big wall, it is going to be a huge change for that space.

FR:  BBQs.  At least it was a realish meal last night.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - ran 7k this morning, I am SLOW at 5am.  My whole body felt asleep, oh well, got it done, and still got to work by 7.

KR - was up just before I left but wanted to play with her tablet, so DH was still snoozing.  She was super excited when I told her gma H was watching her this afternoon.

TR - is seriously psycho for mommy.  It would be good if she toned it down just a notch, I cannot carry her every minute that we're in the same room, and I have to be able to leave that room to get stuff done elsewhere in the house.

FR - hmm I have no idea.  I was thinking a casserole but totally didn't take anything out of the freezer before I left.  I'm sure we'll figure something out.

NRR - work town hall and lunch meeting today, we got to put in anonymous questions for management, mine was if they are going to arrange so we could use the gym in our building.  Really if I had shower/gym access at work I think my life would be complete Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - hope you had a good run with Sam.  I hate those insomnia cycles, last week I was in a fantastic sleep zone, but this week it's gone.  How was the curry yesterday?

RG - My garmin died as I started my run yesterday, I have the Nike app on my phone that I use as a backup though.  O is often awake around 5 am, but almost always babbles herself back to sleep.  We've done the late trip thing, and our kids usually sleep in the car but are then rested and raring to go at 10 pm when we reach our destination.

mer - not wanting to be left alone is an understatement w/ O.  Fun on the patio doors!  I wish our house was setup so we could have a patio w/ doors!

beckykay

Morning!

RR:  Neighborhood run tonight more than likely, or TM.  Needs to be quick because of NRR/FR

KR:  Oh man he was cranky this morning.  I was ready to leave for school as soon as he woke up.

NRR/FR:  My Friday RP's birthday is today so her hubby sent a message to see if we could all surprise her at dinner.  How sweet! Mexican, yum!  DH replied that we can never have too much Mexican (since we had it at home twice already this week).  This cracks me up since his parents won't touch Mexican food.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - B jumps down 2 or 3 steps but he always seems to land on his feet.  the drive to your parents isn't that far, is it?

mer - I usually leave the room before I lose my shit at bedtime but I feel bad.

CA - so there is a gym/shower in your building but you aren't allowed to use it?  The curry wasn't bad but it tasted identical to the curry chicken noodle soup I made throughout the winter, only less saucy.

becky - G is like that with Thai and me with Vietnamese food. NEVER ENOUGH.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

becky - yum Mexican!!

zorbs - yes!!  It's on the first floor and we don't have any office space there, it's used by another tenant, but we do rent 2 floors of a 3 floor building, so we have 2/3rds of the building rented out.  In all my time here I've seen someone come and go from the gym once! ONCE Sad  There are treadmills and weights, ellipticals, bikes, and I don't know what else, I only caught a quick glimpse as the door shut.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: I'm going to try to go tonight, still getting caught up on everything and I promised a friend I would notarize some documents after work, so we shall see.

TR: Is obsessively picking at his fingernails and is ripping them off. Also stammering- he gets really caught up on one word and will repeat it like 4-10 times before he says the rest of his sentence. I'm going to do a wait and see approach for now before I ask the doctor about looking into OCD.

FR: Chicken casserole last night, probably chile verde pork or arroz con pollo tonight.

NRR: DH and R are getting so tan already, I feel like Casper's anemic cousin.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- R has been saying "Father" a lot, its usually when he's playing. I never ever use that term so he must be getting it from TV/daycare. Sorry about insomnia, that's the worst!

RG- Megan M and I were talking about how R and E are going through the climbing/jumping thing right now. R is a weiner though and won't jump off something that is more than a foot high without holding my hands.

Mer- are they french doors or a sliding glass door?

CA- haha, they are totally going to know that question is yours Wink   Is O doing the thing where babies try to make out with your face? That was so slobbery and ick when R did that!

Becky- I love mexican food, its usually where we go out to eat these days because its easy to eat GF there. I cook mexican/tex mex food 1-2x a week. I love ghetto taco wagons too.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - B uses British-isms from daycare lady and watching peppa pig.

runnergirl9508

Mer- hooray for new doors! And more light in that room too, I'm guessing. Hope the work goes smoothly. Is your running rest self-imposed, or did your ortho tell you to take time off? I feel bad when I lose it with R, too. He's starting to do the "No, Ryan do it" phase, and while I want to foster as much independence as I can, there are times when I just want to get things done NOW. Like changing his clothes in the morning- it shouldn't be a 5-minute process to take off pj's and put on clean shirt and shorts. Ugh.

CA- sorry that O is so clingy right now. That's really hard when they want to be carried every where, especially once they've mastered walking! Aww, so sweet about M and her gma! R's excited to see gma this weekend too. Yeah, it's a 3hr drive to my parents, and I'm just worried that R will fall asleep in the car, but wake up when we get there and be too wired to go back to sleep.

BEcky- have a great run later! Enjoy the bday celebrations with RP! I love Mexican food, and would cook it a whole lot more often, but DH is picky on certain spices. He hates cilantro and cumin, which are in a lot of my recipes since I Love them! Picky DH's. lol.

zorbs- its just over 3hrs. I'm just worried that R would fall asleep and then wake up when we got there, all crazy and ready to go at 10:30pm. I'll have to tell my mom to not interact with him when we get there so he has a chance of falling back to sleep.

spike- R is totally rocking a farmer's tan from his t-shirt already! I cut his hair last night, and he's got a white patch on the back of his neck just below his hairline, lol. Hope you can squeeze in a run/workout later. Hmm, no advice about the nails. Is he doing it while he's nervous or anxious about something?

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- it seems to be something he does while watching TV and in the car. He's ripping them off well below the white tips Sad

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - M stammered like that for a while, I did a bunch of googling bc I was starting to be concerned and I don't think it's too uncommon for their brains and their mouths to develop at different speeds, so they can think the words but can't quite get them out, or visa versa.  Her speech has improved a lot over the last year and she doesn't stammer at all anymore.