Womens Running

Pecan Pie FRIYAY! (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I feel like this day should be near November....

I love Pecan Pie! Some can be too sweet though.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

17.2 for me!

GREAT run today. It was hot, humid and gross..but thankfully, it was overcast. I also started before 4am so that helped. Instant sweat when I walked out the door so im really surprised the run went as well as it did. I had to come home twice for a bathroom break - I didn't mind because it was AC for a few minutes Smile Physically, I felt great - must have been the massage. This is my last longer run for a while. I think the first 3-4 weeks of my training cycle I am under 15 miles for long runs. This will be my first time using Pfitz, so I am excited for a change! I can't believe its time for training to start next week. 16 weeks until Richmond Marathon which means..FALL IS COMING.

I hope today is as busy as yesterday! Looking forward to the day flying by Smile Trying to figure out what I want for dinner..French toast..spaghetti...burgers. I just can't make up my mind! Smile

Busy weekend full of wedding errands for us. Still waiting on drawings for the house (outside of the house). Whats everyone else have going on??

Run4kupcakes – Oh wow! Glad you got home safely! Uhm, no I have not tried that drink but OMG that sounds delicious!!!!

Lisa – Nice run yesterday 😊 That Scorpion medal is pretty damn awesome. Sounds right up your alley 😊 What do you normally take to help you sleep? Haha. Possum’s Revenge swag sounds awesome too! Is Diane doing that one?

Tessa – Wow, I guess that’s a good thing about the insurance business? Sorry its causing this amount of work load for you though ☹ Hope the weekend gets here quick for you!

Margaret – Happy Hour burpees?! Haha. Enjoy your run and kettlebells! Do I remember seeing you are volunteering this weekend?

Happy FRIYAY!

TGIF! WFH today.

We walked Skye and Gracie (DD's weim) this morning.  DS2 is dropping off his two yellow labs with us for the weekend too, so we will have 4 big dogs.  DH is not thrilled, so I skipped my swim to walk with him this morning.

We are getting wind and rain--early feeder bands of TS Barry. Yes--New Orleans is going to be a mess if they get the heavy rainfall as predicted.  Hoping it won't be too bad here.  Our new neighborhood has underground power lines, so hopefully we won't lose power.

Wow Lizzie! Great miles this morning!

Yes---I need to stretch!!!!  I was so sore and tight this morning, and I only ran 5 miles yesterday.

Have a great Friday!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 miles tonight.

Margaret, the main side effect of the BP med is headaches and we just upped the dose (double it actually), so it is likely it.  I've not had a migraine in 6 months (until last week) and I think it was mostly because we had gotten the dose down, sigh.

Liz, I've never had pecan pie, lol.  Glad your run was great!  I used to do Pfitz before and it's a great program.

Susan, ooh, lots of doggies.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, excellent run!!!  I love love love pecan pie.  It is probably my favorite pie.  Have a good weekend doing wedding stuff.  Hope the plans come through soon.  That's almost as exciting as a wedding.  But not quite.

Sue, that is going to be quite the handful this weekend with all the pooches.  Be safe in the storm!

Damaris, you have NEVER had pecan pie?????  You're missing out.

Just got back from a short, but OK 3 miles.  Couldn't stay out too long as I have to be to work in a bit over an hour.  Still need shower and to figure out food.  Probably order myself a pizza at lunch.

Registered for Possum's Revenge for next year.  Lisa and I are seeking out as many animal race names as we can.  Goofy goal.

Tomorrow I am volunteering at a night race.  I am doing the 3-10 shift so I can leave at a decent time since I work Sunday.

Off to shower/work,

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friyay!  6 miles yesterday, rest day for me today, I will try to get my lower body strength in.  I am off work at 2:00 and the kids want me to take them to the beach.  Laying around on the beach sounds preferable to strength...  DH's birthday this weekend, we are planning on seeing the Toy Story movie tomorrow and dinner at the in-laws.  Humidity here has been coming and going, I am hoping it will be gone for my run on Sunday, it's another threshold run.  Total of a little over 9 miles with 5 at threshold, which according to the plan is 8:09 pace.  Which seems closer to my 5K pace.  I'm pretty sure that's not happening!    That wouldn't be so bad in itself, but then Wednesday is a little over 8 miles with 3 at threshold plus 8x200m intervals!  This is not a fun few training weeks coming up...

Lizzie, awesome long run last night!    The weather here has been really weird.  50's again this morning and low humidity.  But humidity coming back.  My run yesterday was nice, a little humid but there were those weird cool patches.  Yay for marathon training!    DD wants to go to a place for dinner that has baked cod, potato pancakes, and awesome homemade applesauce.  The applesauce is worth the price of the dinner.    We can carry over our PTO now (since our company got acquired a few years ago), the only issue is you stop accruing if you have too much.  I have never had a problem with that however.    They are supposed to unveil a new vacation policy, curious to see what it will be!   I was wondering why Strava didn't import weather info from Garmin.  Cuz that's an interesting thing to see.  I found a website that puts the weather info into your Strava activity, it's called klimat.  Google it up, it's free and it would be cool to see in your workouts!

Sue, sounds like it will be fun dog sitting!    Hope your weather isn't too bad!

Damaris, I just had pecan pie for the first time recently.  It never looked appetizing to me.  Too sweet!  Enjoy the 7!

Kat, I like the "animal name" goal.    Have fun volunteering!

Tessa, sorry work has been so crazy!

Lisa, the scorpion medal is pretty cool, the Possum swag also sounds awesome.  I would like to get all this faster road running out of my system and do some more trail running!  I think about that quite often these days.  

Kupcakes, wow on the flooding!

Karen, glad you got some decent running weather.  Decent for you.    Have an awesome trip!

Margaret, amazing that you can run 10 after work.  I don't want to do anything after work.  Walking my friends' dogs with DD takes a ton of effort.  

Cathy

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I adore butter pecan tarts but not always a huge fan of the pies. Maybe it is a different sugar ratio? Anyway, ya. Yum.

So yesterday was our 27th anniversary How time flies. It was a nice day.

Today I ran a super duper slow but not as super duper slow as Tuesday 6 mile run. That run on Tuesday was just horribly hot and awful. I am not sure what happened but my running has absolutely tanked in the past 2 years. Even more so in the past 2 months (although THAT could be partly due to the huge fight hubs and I had over my Woodstock training which incidentally I will decide whether or not I am dropping down to 100k depending on how Loopty Loop 12 hour goes at the end of July). Anyway, I am still slugging it out out there. Hubby thinks I should just take up speed walking. But I still enjoy running. I don't mind running solo but I don't enjoy walking solo and nobody around here speed walks.

I am currently reading My Grandmother Sends Her Regards and Apologizes. It is meh so far but hoping it picks up. I am looking for recommendations for my next selection. Yes Karen and Sandy and Kats, I am looking at you. You all post interesting selections but I forgot to write them down.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Forgot--I love pecan pies! One of the best recipes is on the back of the Karo syrup bottle.  

Lisa-- discussed Scorpion w DH and he's in. We had been talking about going to Meridian for a weekend -- maybe antiquing a bit. He would probably be more for the Hilton, vs a BNB w people he's never met.  Not as adventurous as we are lol. I will probably sign up for the 12k or maybe 25k, not 50k.

Labs are here, so now we have a house full. Luckily we were able to go outside and let them run a bit before the rain hit.

LC Runs

Happy Friyay!!

6 for me this morning, I have had another consistent week of running!

Just hanging around the house today, got the grocery shopping done early and now I'm sitting outside in between cleaning bouts LOL.  BF and I have a wedding reception tomorrow night, two of his work friends.  I don't really want to go, I don't really know them but I'll look at it as free dinner ha ha!

Lizzie - nice 17, you are amazeballs!  I was actually awake at 4 am but didn't get up until 5 and running didn't happen until almost 7 LOL  Not really a pecan pie person, I prefer pumpkin.

Sue - wow, your'e going to have a busy house this weekend with the doggies!  Hope the weather isn't too bad and you don't lose power!

Damaris - have a good 7!

Kat - nice 3!  Have fun volunteering!

Hi Cathy - enjoy your weekend!  Sounds like your training is going well!!

Lori - Happy Anniversary!  You got married the same year as me (5.24.92)  but obviously yours worked out better LOL!  I say keep running if that's what makes you happy!!

Liz-pecan pie is yummy and more fall sounding to me. LOL on your dinner options. Wow on your miles this morning! Kat is doing possum for sure not sure on Diane but she's due for a do-over there. :-)

Sue-I AM SO EXCITED... YOU WILL BE AT SCORPION TOO!  Abhay will be there also doing the 25k. There must be very ample time allowed for it if I signed him up for it. LOL Might as well go for the 25k to make the trip seem more worthwhile. LOL Or buy many antiques.

Damaris-happy 7 miles on the tm.. I'm sure it will be on the tm since .. well... miami.

Kat-Happy work day and it's fun to have a goal... hunting animals... animal races that is!

Cathy-I'm sure that carrying gear to sit at the beach involves strength, right? Yes, get those silly fast road races out of your system and find me some animal named trail race to do with you! Fun is the name of the game!

Lori-power hike/race walk/ultra pace all about the same. what's the difference between speed walking alone or running slowly alone? Not making fun, just not understanding why one would bother you while the other doesn't. Do what is right and feels good for you. I'm more apt to pick a distance or race that might be a stretch but that I don't feel will make me feel badly if I don't finish it or do "well."  If you go for 100m and get pulled at the 100k point it still counts as 100k so what's the reason to switch? But if mentally it feels better to go for 100k and succeed then the other way ... that makes sense to me to switch. I know it's hard not to let it get to you but do what you can and be proud of it. We all go through peaks and valley... luckily one follows the other. Life isn't a point to point... it's one big loop so what goes up much come down and vice versa (okay that doesn't make sense but hopefully helps). LOL  Happy anniversary! I'm sure that hubby wants to see you happy with your choice. (race distance not him.  Wink

Laura-free dinner! Yeah!

Yup was up at 1am to register. Of course got my email from RD after that to say that he had loaded my deferral into Ultrasignup. So.... I am now signed up for Coyote Run in April using the deferral from Brazos Bend last year which used the deferral from Franklin Mountains 11/2017!

Pretty much decided that 2020 will be animal themed races that are "shorter".. will work on getting a bit faster (ha!) or just having fun depending on the race. Expect that plan to change. I may look at longer race end of year too but who knows.

Lisa

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Cathy, 8mm, hells bells, my run/walk pace is almost double that!!  So jealous.

Lori, don't count me in for book recommendations.  Catra's book is the first I read and finished in probably a year or two.  Or more...  Do what makes you happy!  I have become content with run/walking.  Well, I always have, but not to this degree.  Happy belated anniversary.

Sue, woot woot on coming to Meridian!  The medal is worth it!  I'm with Lisa, 25K!!

Laura, free dinner is nice, open bar (if they have it and you are a drinker...) is even better.

Lisa, Elmer Fudd we be!!!!!

Frustrated today at work.  Another doctor apparently (nobody knew till yesterday...) was scheduled and they didn't actually schedule more techs.  It is very frustrating.  Almost not worth my time to be here.  So, here I sit, waiting for my one technician (I should have at least two) plod through rooms.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Lisa unless my SI joint issue gets fully resolved then technical races are out for me.  The climbing puts too much stress on my back.  Flattish races will have to be it.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Susan – Stay safe during the storm!!

Docket – I am sorry for all of the headaches ☹ You need to try pecan pie!! So good with vanilla ice cream.

Kathryn – Oh man pizza sounds REALLY good. YUM. Nice job with the miles this morning! Ugh, sorry about work. That is really frustrating. You should definitely order that pizza now.  I think volunteering at the night race will be fun!

Cathy – Enjoy your rest day! Oh yes, the beach sounds preferable to just about anything right now. Have fun with DH’s birthday. Your run on Sunday does not sound fun. Neither does that one on Wednesday! Ouch!! Hope your weather behaves! Hmm..what restaurant is she referring to? Cracker Barrel?! LOL. Cracker Barrel is good though. You have those, right?? Ah, our PTO is the same in the sense that we can only carryover a certain amount. I wish I had the amount that you have! I just got bumped up to 160 hours for being with the company 5 years – but I haven’t “earned” that yet. I noticed the Kilmat app on your run a few days ago! I downloaded it. I think the temp this morning was 73 with 72 dewpoint. Not too bad considering..but I felt like I was in slow motion. I was trying to take it at turtle pace! It is 79 DP out there right now.

Lori – Aw, Happy Anniversary! Sorry you’re not happy with the running right now. You know, heat and humidity make it pretty awful. Could explain the issues the past 2 months. I second what everyone else says, do what makes you happy! Lisa is right, we all have our ups and downs with this sport. Don’t let it get you down!

Laura – Yay! Awesome running this week! Aw, have fun at the wedding tomorrow! Yes, free food and I hope booze! 😊

Lisa – I agree – pecan pie is a Fall thing! Congrats on another race sign up. Love the idea of the themed races next year 😊

Have a great afternoon/evening everyone!

Anonymous Guest

We just got into the cabin next door to the one for sale. Even better than we’d hoped. I want to give them all our money now!!!!

The one for sale has people in it until tomorrow (so we are looking at it around noon) and DH Is now worried the people in it are going to buy it today. Sigh.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Karen, hoping you can get it!

Hello all.  My judge ordered the appointment of a chapter 11 trustee on Wednesday so I've been busy working on that.  We appoint people so I have to email, ask for approval, interview people, make a recommendation, talk to boss, big boss, etc.  I spent all of yesterday and today on it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page