Womens Running

Monday Has Reappeared (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. We are here to listen. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Good Morning!

Busy weekend here.  Saturday I did all the shopping I had been putting off.  Commissary, quilt shop and got some new running shoes.  Eight different places!  Ugh!

Sunday did 13 with the group.  Signed up with a trainer.  Several of my running friends have been working with her and are really improving.  She is a physical therapist and multiple Ironman finisher.  I am not improving on my own, so I think I need someone to plan for me Smile.

Wow Gatsbybird!  Fast marathon!

Marjorie--loved the puppy pics.  I can't take Jake to those things--he is too nutsy around other dogs.  I was in PetSmart Saturday and a dog got out of her collar and was running around the store.  So much screaming!!!  It was kinda funny to watch.  Poor dog was so scared she peed all over the place.  Glad I left Jake at home.

Have a great Monday.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Last week was going well with running 4 days.

Saturday while I was trying to get into my iced over car I fell. Smacked my behind and head. Hard. Dead

Finally after flipping over and crawling over to climb up via the car I continued to clean the ice off. I was headed to the grocery to get my RX for a bacterial bug I've had plus a few other things. By the time I got the groceries I discovered blood in my hat. I had hit the back of my head pretty hard. Roll eyes  When I got home I called a friend who arrived within minutes and took me to an ER. They gave me a tetanus shot, CAT scanned my head and XRAYed my pelvis thoroughly. Nothing bleeding in the brain, no broken bones. I already have osteoporosis, but 21 years of running must have done some good. Smile  The doc stapled my head together, (I have a small vertical cut in the back of my scalp) talked about concussion, gave me vicodin RX and released me. I must get the staples out next Monday, then I can start running again.

The ER was filled, every single person had fallen due to the ice storm but none had broken bones. Smile

We really don't think clearly in these situations. The fire house is right across the street from our building. The ER people said I was stunned by the fall, and that was probably why I reacted the way I did.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Pilates later today.  Not running even though I want to. I know that I'm not 100% yet and running is not a good idea after pushing it to 14 yesterday so I'm going to behave.  Running > not being able to run so resting to continue to heal it better than running and getting a set back

I had to go in for a second mammogram today.  Just the left side.  they wanted to re image.  It was fine.  Guess the shadow they saw was just an anomaly or something as they read it while I waited.  Happens a lot, I'm told.  Better safe than sorry, though.

Sue, my two went through so much training and socialization, they do amazing at these things.  Our previous dogs, no way but these two I trust to do this stuff.   They are far from perfectly behaved but for Bassets, they are amazing.  Plus the Carolina Basset Rescue was doing the pics that day and two of the girls remembered these twos mom as they had her for awhile before she died.   That was fun.

Oh no, Judy!  That would be scary!  Hope it heals well.

Gatsby congrats on the PR

Lisa, It is funny, this whole dad thing.  Frustrating too, but funny.

Marjorie

Judy--Please be careful!!  Glad you were not hurt worse and didn't break any bones.

Bikerchick1

Judy  - YIKES....please be careful!  Can't believe you fell, went to the store AND then went to ER.....

Karen - I forgot to comment on your post re: DH being so supportive of you going to do your race....but then finding out about his cycling events in the fall!  They really are pretty "amazing" aren't they Roll eyes  But the Little Grand Canyon marathon DOES fit in nicely!!!

Marjorie - glad you were able to get 14 in yesterday, and good for you for the patience to know when to rest.  Read your post on your dad/wife....oh boy...such fun.

Crazysue - What kind of a trainer did you get?  That is exciting!  I really wish there was someone around here.

Had a nice 5 miler yesterday.  Today  I did my mile streak by running up and down the sidewalk, and yard pulling Aly in a sled (we got about 3 inches of snow last night).  She is having some horrible allergy problems (coughing/sneezing/dark eyes/tired)  so we have her today as she wasn't feeling good and she has an appointment with allergy doc tomorrow..  I thought the fresh air would be good for her....and she had a great time.  I even crawled on the sled and we went down the hill a few times!

Carol

Anonymous Guest

Gatsby, congrats on the new marathon PR!! Closing in on sub-4...

Judy, that is scary! I'm glad you're okay.

Susan, that trainer sounds great.

Marjorie, smart to rest after yesterday's 14. You'll get back to your high mileage in no time

Carol, what a fun way to get your workout in. Hope Aly's feeling better.

I guess I never came back and posted about my 8K yesterday. It was hard, I was feeling really sluggish (probably still from JFK two weeks ago), but I was able to go pretty fast. It just seemed like with that effort I should have been going faster. Finished in 35:39, which is almost a minute slower than the one I ran a month ago. So not bad. I didn't wait around for the awards because it was cold and snowy, but it turns out I got 3rd in my age group.

Tonight I spent an hour on the bike trainer. My legs hurt now.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Judy- so scary on your fall. Glad you are okay but do keep track of any recurring headaches. My mom'a issues came from bruising on the opposite side of brain after a fall.

Marjorie-so glad that the mammogram went well.

Sue-hope that the PT helps you!

carol-hope all is well with Ally

Karen-nice race and bike ride.

Rechexk with doctor who who went over the original MRI again showing me where the rough spots are in knee and assured me that it's soft tissue taking longer to settle down. I am doing the series of 3 shots. Maybe that will help. He told me that I'm not reinjuring it to run on it. Sigh.

Lisa