Womens Running

Tripping Over Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Last antibiotic was taken last night so I hope I continue to feel better. Some of the queasiness I have been feeling must be from the antibiotic. Hopefully that will be better today. I got a little exercise in successfully yesterday. I am so sick of being sick! Back to work tomorrow and the car is being fixed today. I hope. Tight lips

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Judy - glad you are on the mend, hang in there!

4.5 with running buddy this am.  Was nice and dry out this morning, though we're supposed to get snow this afternoon, yuck Joking

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Short run for us tonight.

Judy, glad you are continuing to feel better.  Keep improving.

LC Runs, nice run!

Last night's turkey story had me laughing like crazy.  Thanks for sharing it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!!  4.5 this morning--tummy was not cooperating.  Sad  The running group has wimped out, I guess--I ran solo again.  I did pass a race walker/runner lady on the street--her arms were flapping so violently she looked like the robot on  Lost in Space.

Hope the workday passes quickly -- Christmas party with some of my quilty friends.  They are quite boisterous.  Should be a lively and entertaining night.  Wink

Anonymous Guest

Yesterday afternoon my stomach started churning. One of those afternoons where I was just happy to make it through the commute okay. Felt worse and worse, got home and took a nap, sent the boy into the kitchen to find his own dinner because the only thing that sounded edible to me was cereal. I'm feeling much better today, mostly just tired. Assuming I continue to feel better I should be able to get a run in after work.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Sue, LOL at that runner.

Feel better, Karen.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, also snickering about that runner.

For a moment I thought you said you were celebrating with your guilty friends and I was wondering what they had on their conscience. Then I looked again and realized it was your quilty friends.

Judy, take care of yourself.

Laura, snow -- not unexpected in December, right?

Karen, hope your tummy feels better. Laughing about DH running out in his shorts. Hope it doesn't show up on the neighbourhood Facebook page with a picture! I have seen plenty of neighbours in less than they should probably wear in public, since I run before dawn they are often not expecting a runner and they are venturing outside to take the dog out or get the newspaper in whatever they wore (or didn't wear) to bed.

Damaris, enjoy tonight's run.

4 this morning with RN, she was telling me all about her race this past Sunday. Working from home and my lunch meeting was cancelled (yay! I don't have to drive 125 miles round trip!) so maybe I can get another run in this evening.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

In meetings. No run. Mandatory fun.....

Marjorie

LC Runs

Back home a bit early, had a bit of a stressful drive today, so will finish up the work day at home.

Hi Damaris!

Sue - we have a lady in town that walks like that,  I guess it's a good workout but looks a bit....funny (of course, I probably look funny, too lol)

Karen - ugh on the stomach bug.  Glad you're feeling better today, hope you get that run in!

Tessa - glad you got some extra time today!  Yes, snow is totally expected, but I live in denial until it's actually here ha ha

Hey Marjorie - hope the meeting wasn't too bad Smile

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

No run for me today, but I got 6 in yesterday and will do an easy 5 tomorrow, then no more until Saturday's half. I'm really hoping for a good race. I did go to core class today and do 30 minutes on the elliptical.

Judy - glad you are feeling better. 85 lbs seems awfully light!

Laura - I would be in denial about snow too!

Marjorie - yuck on all-day meeting.

Damaris - I need to go back and take a look at your RR!

Karen - hope the stomach thing doesn't get any worse.

Sue - I'm laughing at the picture of the runner. I like to think I look all smooth and fluid when I run, but I know I don't!

Tessa - glad you didn't have to make the long round trip. Thinking of you, as always.

Off to pick DS1 up from school  - he was on a field trip all day. Have a good evening-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Bikerchick1

Judy - 85 pounds,,,,hope you can get your appetite back soon!

LCruns - Sleet here...booo!.  Did you say you got in to Bayshore?  That filled really fast!  I am doing Run like the Dicken in Holly in a couple of weeks...will probably do resolution run as well.

Crazysue - Chuckling on the "guilty(quilty)" Christmas party!  Have fun!  sorry the run group has dwindled.

Karen - Hope your stomach cooperates!

Tessa - As always, glad to see ya!

Cindy - Wow, your half is already this week-end!!!  Fun!

Marjorie - mandatory fun....can't beat that LOL...

On day 5 of streak...so far so good.  Went to a spin class last night...Shocked.....that was a workout - I was sweating buckets!  Not sure what was up with the seat...but I feel like a bruised my tailbone....it started hurting halfway thru...my legs and a@# are sore today!  But it was a blast!  Came home from work and drug my soreness on the DM for 2 miles...that actually felt good.

Docket_Rocket

Cindy, here is the RA link (or you can read it in my blog which is in my sig): RR.  Nice runs these past few days.

Tessa, glad your lunch meeting was canceled so you didn't have to drive that much.

Marjorie, that sucks.

LC Runs, hope the stress goes away.

Carol, keep the streak going.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Bikerchick1

damarias -I just read your RR....you crack me up!  Congrats to you and DH on your accomplishments!!!

Sue-I thought it was guilty friends too.  Too funny on the run/walker... I've had that flailing arm feeling. I'm sure I never looked like that though.

Judy-feel better soon!

Tessa-we don't see too many people running out in underwear in December in Michigan... unless they are long underwear.

DH's operation went better than expected.  Poor guy had  such a time coming out of the anesthesia though. The nurse was talking cattle prod and it was only them offering that they would put him into an overnight room that got him to force himself to get to the car.  Anesthesiologist called today to check on him and told him to be sure to tell future docs that he has a hard time coming out of it.  We were there 3 hours after operation before he would keep his eyes open enough to sort of walk out.  Has a novacaine pump for 3 days.  dr said that once that was done he could move arm as much as he liked; no lifting but no restrictions on mobility. I made him call the dr office because he didn't believe me on this; he thought he wasn't supposed to move it at all for 2 weeks at least.  If they just listened to us life would be so much easier for them.

Darn knee. The last two days that spot in front has been darn sharp pointy pain.  Swear that at times I'm feeling clicking or something in there.  I have call in to dr about that chicken shot (had forgotten about that) and will bring this up.  Will also talk to PT's about it too.  I'm just wondering if there's something else torn in there. I mean this is the original point of pain that has diminished but never gone away and is bad again after a stupid 5 mile run on flat, paved path.  So irritating .. in multiple ways.

Lisa