Womens Running

Where is spring? Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 17 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - SRD, hot tubbing.  Haven't had a rest day since February 2 and everything hurts.

RR - driving the new ATB course after work this morning to see if it's runnable when not race day.  Some of it is industrial/quasi-highway.  If not, we'll run the old route on Saturday.

TR - has figured out a fairly complicated puzzle.  Very very excited to go to preschool, even though that's still not for another week.

FR - veggie omelets, oven potatoes.  The ghetto beef stroganoff was ridiculously good, it was stew beef, onions, mushrooms, 1 can of golden mushroom soup + water, worcestershire sauce, crockpot for 10 hours.  then a glob of sour cream before serving.

NRR - had an AF disaster at work last night, thank god I was wearing black. I had to stand for the last 10 min of a lesson to not stain my chair and had to hide my tampon on the back of my dress so no one would see me walking to the bathroom with it in my hand.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 18k. These midweek runs are getting long.

TR - She has a bath toy that consists of a boat and a captain. The captain is a short, bald man, so naturally she calls him "Mommy". Whenever he falls out of the boat and starts drifting away in the water she shouts "Oh no! Nooo mommy!" and makes a big dramatic rescue. So apparently she thinks I look like a short, bald man, but at least I know she doesn't want me to drown 

FR - Pork souvlaki, roasted potatoes, zucchini and red peppers, tzatziki sauce

NRR - Between DH finally taking down our enormous Christmas tree and me moving all of S's big toys to the basement, our living room now feels huge.

~~~~

zorbs - The ghetto beef stroganoff sounds like it would be really good, I just can't deal with cream of mushroom soup. On no on the AF disaster! It is so rude when she shows up with no warning. Why did they change the ATB course? Was this the one that got changed to avoid train tracks?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - hill repeats tonight, ST'ing at lunch.

TR - had a good day w/ gma yesterday, was super tired last night bc she had woken up super early yesterday.  Kept asking for chocolate milk at dinner though, bc gma gives it to her.

BR - was in a good mood yesterday, I think her tooth has cut finally!

FR - DH is in charge... I should have brought a bar or something to eat before running, I might have to grab something.

NRR - need to get a couple references together to send to company 3, I'm really leaning towards not accepting something from them and holding out for something at #2 (or #1 if they ever get back to me).

Still have that stupid FB something or other on RA....

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - enjoy your well earned rest day!  The ghetto stroganoff sounds really good! I may have to try it.  Wow, good thing you were wearing black yesterday!

ernie - yeah that's the pfitz way, isn't it, long mid week runs!  How are you feeling with marathon training, beat up, or pretty good?  LMAO on you being the boat captain!

moxieluvah

zorbs - hot tub sounds awesome right now! I would be so happy to never deal with AF ever again!

ernie - way to get your money out of that xmas tree, lol! We still have our outdoor lights on the house but don't turn them on.

CA - I think if job 3 isn't what you really want I would hold out for 1 or 2. DS always asks for "brown milk."

----

RR - 8

NRR - got my haircut and colored last night and scored a free flat iron. I was telling her how mine wasn't the best and she said "here take this one" someone bought it didn't like it so just gave it back to her so it was used but still free and works way better than what i had.

DH - we are both training for a 50 miler and he has been having knee problems. he is going to PT next week and bought a membership to swim so he still gets cardio. This AM was his first time doing the swim thing so i was on solo duty getting the kids up and to the sitter.

FR - pancake night

Kantkatchme

Back in a bit for today's personals.

I got offered a job even though I'm not looking..

How is is already Wednesday?

from yesterday.

zorbs- ernie- I lol at "shit show".

mer- sorry about the rough/ lack of sleep. i hope Js belly is ok, and I'm sorry about your co worker. I hope you can get your run in for some you time.

Ca- your girls are so cute! lol at O being upset about your choice on the tv. Good luck with your interview! I hope you get what you want. Did you here back from the first place?

Rg- I love when they dress like little grown ups, so cute! I didn't find out the sex because I didn't want all pink. We have a lot of pink now though. I would just tell people you don't want Pink.

Nola- i hope the leg continues to feel good with the added run da.! Great job on the 6lbs, i don't own a scale because I am afraid. I hope life is settling down

. Spike- that's a rough night, I hope everyone gets to sleep tonight! And you can get your runs in. uh oh on the fridge, that's something I would do.

Moxie-hi!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - I had forgotten how much I used to love golden mushroom soup.  I love it on top of ramen noodles.  Oh I knew AF was here already, just that I didn't have a chance to sneak out to the bathroom while teaching.  Yes, they changed the ATB course to avoid the train tracks but after seeing it this morning, imho, the new course is far worse.  It goes right past Dofasco, so you get a schnozzful of steel smokestack belch, it is a lot hillier due to bridges and overpasses, and worst of all, one street has a bridge that's completely OUT (under construction) with a sign that said completion June 2014 - they better figure something out in a month!

CA - maybe try clearing your cookies or something?

moxie - I got a $30 flat iron that heats up super hot in less than a minute, I don't get why people pay $100+ for an iron.

kant - is it a horse-related job?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Deleted cookies and browsing history and it's still doing it.  Weird...  It literally covers the first 3-4 posts on the page.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Hey, I actually get to run today! Woooot! Shooting for 5 miles.  Its like 40* outside right now and the world is a sloppy mess.

TR: Was kind of a d*ck yesterday but I just attribute it to the poor night of sleep yesterday. Was being cute this morning and devoured his waffle in record time.

FR: Last night was flat iron steak, fried potatoes, and broccolini/asparagus. Yummmmy. Tonight is something with ground turkey.

NRR: DH is going to take me to lunch today, and my bonus pays this week. Woot! I got a new speedlight flash for my camera but R was being a butt so I didn't get to test it out much. It definitely makes my shutter less responsive so I'm going to have to practice a bunch.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- why did they change the ATB route? Isn't it one of the longest-held races like Boston? I like stuff made with cream of crap soup  Ugg on AF.

Ernie- LOL on the dramatic rescue. R does stuff like that "Oh no, george fell down!'. He has this sorta boy version of a dollhouse that is a firestation/police station and it has a set of bunkbeds in it that he puts a little astronaut Donald Duck and a Buzz Lightyear figurine into- then he turns off the light and says "Shhhhh, Donald sleeping"

CA- good luck with the job stuff. Lame that company #1 never responded to you.

moxie- My flat iron is a handmedown because I was too cheap to buy one- my sister gave me one that she didn't like. Works fine IMO.

Kant- are you a SAHM now?

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - maybe take a screenshot and email to the RA people?

spike - ATB is indeed older than Boston, but they don't have any nostalgia for the course, as it has changed numerous times over its history. The race organizers usually communicate with the railroad to not run trains through there that morning, but someone got their wires crossed and a train came through.  Last year Sam and I were literally the last people to get across juuuust as the arm came down, the train was maybe 200 m away and Emma got stuck and ran 3:04, she was waiting for 4 minutes.  Anyways, this year's route has no rail crossings but is generally shittier, more hills, industrial area.

moxieluvah

kant - how flattering to be offered a job when you aren't even looking!

spike - 40 degrees sounds awesome. We are supposed to get up to 30 by the end of the week and everyone is ecstatic about it, you know it has been cold when people get excited about 30! enjoy lunch!

runnergirl9508

RR: bootcamp followed by 5.5 miles this morning. It was -11F- no idea what the winchill was. I'd be happy if it warmed up to 20* at any point soon!

TR: we made valentines for the grandparents this morning- he put stickers and colored with markers all over them, and picked out which pair(s) of scrapbooking scissors for me to use. has been doing this annoying thing where he sits down on the ground when I get him out of the car. um, it's a billion degrees below zero- I have my hands full, the ground is cold and dirty, get up and go in the house.

NRR: IL's are coming this weekend. I guess I should meal plan so I can grocery shop. lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zorbs- boo on the ATB course changes. Doesn't sound like they are good ones. Cool on B figuring out the puzzle! I just bought R his first jigsaw puzzle this week- it's a bit over his head as it's 40 pieces, but he gets the basic concept of trying to put the pieces together. Ugh on the AF disaster.

Ernie- I miss the midweek LR's! I love running 11-12 miles before work. LOL about the bald "mommy" toy. I can't believe you still had your tree up. Enjoy that extra space. We moved everything out of our living room last weekend to steam clean the carpet, and it looked massive in there. DH and I were like, Uh, we need to buy more furniture.

CA- enjoy your workouts today! how many more weeks of hill repeats do you have? aw, so sweet that M gets to spend time with gma so often! yay for a happy O! good luck with the interviews/job choosing!

moxie- nice run! whoo hoo on the free flat iron! I need to get a trim. the girl that cuts my hair is the wife of one of my old coworkers. she comes to the house, sweeps up the floor when she's done, and only charges me $10! I hope your DH's knee heals up quickly.

Kant- cool on the job offer! hope you have a great day!

spike- yay for a run today!!! 40*?! I can't even imagine that right now, lol. that sounds amazing. Glad R is in a better mood today. It's tough when their grumpiness carries over from one night into the next morning. Enjoy your lunch with DH today!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RG- Reid climbs out of his carseat then runs to the other side of the car and starts screaming his face off when its time to get out of the car. Fun times.

zorbs- Oh I remember about the train fiasco, I would be so pissed! I guess I'm not running that local 10k next month, same day as stepsister's wedding.

Erniegirl

CA - S is also always asking for chocolate milk, because daddy gives it to her. I am feeling pretty good with the marathon training. Any burnout is weather related - every day I'm like "aw, man, do I really have to get out there and run x kms in this freezing cold?" I'm feeling pretty good with the mileage itself. Is the commute to company #3 longer than your current commute or just not any shorter?

moxie - Oh yeah, our outdoor Christmas lights are totally still up too, and just no longer on. Neither of us are particularly motivated to stand outside taking them down when it's -1000 degrees out all the time. Nice score on the free flat iron!

kant - Always nice to get a job offer! What kind of job? How is your DH feeling now?

rg - It was freezing here this morning, too, but I think it is finally warming up a bit now. I guess R just really wants to stay outside, but it's too darn cold! Doing long midweek runs definitely does make me feel accomplished.

zorbs - Ugh, the new route doesn't sound too great. I've done a couple Whitby Waterfront races and there is always one point on the route where you have to run by a water treatment plant and the smell is so nasty. Umm...yeah, they'd better get that bridge issue figured out.

spike - I would gladly take a sloppy mess for some 40* weather! That fire/police station sounds like a pretty awesome toy. Where did you get it?

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15