Womens Running

Willpower weekend (Read 18 times)

camille2

I did 3 easy yesterday. SRD today, but it's predicted to be very nice and I'll probably walk or maybe take the kayak out.

Have a great day!

camille2

I had second thought's about asking. I'll see how today goes. Nothing is worse than asking and not taking the advice.  : )

Anonymous Guest

Good morning! I am heading to Pilates in a few, then will run 5 easy this afternoon once it warms up. Many, many chores in between the two. My legs are heavy and tired from yesterday's bike workout - I have a feeling my Pilates instructor is going to laugh at some of my attempts.

Camille, I'm not going to chime in. As we all know I may not have the best instincts when it comes to whether or not to do a race. I hope others do chime in. I will say wow, nice enough for the kayak? That would indeed be "very nice".

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

3.1 for me.

Hope it warms up Karen. It is supposed to be in the 60s but when I ran it was frosty and the grass was crunchy. I didn't look at the temps but I'm sure it was in low 30s.

Camille rest up.

Marjorie

Hello everyone.  I checked in briefly during the week but sorry for not posting.  A wonderfully blustery, rainy weekend for us here, hallelujah!  I'm heading out for a run with my RC shortly then will do some chores around the house and get tax stuff organized.

Camille, now I'm wondering what the question was!  Yes, I'm nosey.

Karen, saw yesterday that there is some new house drama.  Hopefully they get everything done in time so your plans don't have to change.  I'm sure you just want to get there and get settled.

Marjorie, I'm belatedly chiming in with more good wishes for your dad, and more stink eye for his wife who doesn't seem very helpful or supportive.

Tessa, I saw that you're volunteering for drop bag duty at a race this weekend.  Thank you!  I'm volunteering at an aid station tomorrow for a trail race.  Supposed to be wet and wild out there tomorrow, in a trail racing sort of way.

Hi to everyone to follow.  I'll be back later.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

camille2

Gatsby, it wasn't a big question. My groin has had that odd catching a couple times and slight discomfort since I ran Thursday and Friday    It's been almost normal lately.  I signed up for a 5k tomorrow and have changed my mind 6 times already about the wisdom of running it. It's pretty mild, so I'll decide tomorrow.  On a positive note,  I'm glad your area got some rain!  Good luck with the tax stuff.

Karen, the outside temp doesn't feel quite as warm as I expected (and not the 60 predicted), but it is mid 50's and sunny. It's very nice and a big change from the high teens yesterday a.m.  Maybe it'll head your way.  I'm sorry about the house inspection and hope you can get it worked out.

Anonymous Guest

I just feel really good right now. Back from my run, temps in the upper 40s so quite nice. Think I've got a bit of an endorphin high going. My Pilates instructor had to be somewhere this afternoon and asked if I could come at 9 instead of 11. I said no problem. The studio has 4 reformers. The other instructor had an apparatus class with 3 people signed up at 8:30. Last minute signup meant they were using all 4 when I got there at 9. So I spent the first 1/2 on the chair. Yes, 1/2 hour all on the wunda chair. Those of you that don't know Pilates, just know that the chair is a torture device beyond all other torture devices. Marjorie and Damaris can probably understand my pain.

Anyway, it was good to get done early, I got some chores done and some cleaning. Another full bag of clothes for charity ready to go. Three loads of laundry. And so on.

Gatsby, hooray for rain!!!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Back from running 14.5 with RC friends.  We're in-between storms at the moment and it's strangely warm (60s) and humid.  These are "pineapple express" storms from the Pacific ocean so they're on the warmer side.

Camille, I agree, just make the call tomorrow based on how you feel.

Karen, hooray for endorphin highs!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Karen I can beat that. My instructor once had me the whole hour on the chair. She was silly with giggles when she pulled out a notebook full of every chair exercises. And made me do all of them.

I  just ripped my nail very far back while cutting Quincys nails. Ouch is not the word I used and I did cry.  Stupid thick basset nails. Oh it still throbs. Dh bandaged it but ouch

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Ugh, my post yesterday didn't make it.  So, I ran 8.25 in doubles on Thursday (plus weights), 7 last night, and 6.66 and weights this morning with hubby.

Camille, nice 3 yesterday.  Enjoy the rest day.

Karen, hope Pilates and the 5 went well.  Half an hour on the wounded chair?  Yikes!  Are you buttocks on fire now?

Marjorie, nice run.  Still working on speed?  OUCH!

Gatsby, hope the day and run went well. ETA, nice run!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Busy week!  New York was fun as ever and quite conducive to a Maffetone regime.  The Capital Grill on Wednesday night and the Hu Kitchen on Thursday (a Paleo restaurant).  The 2 job fairs were busy but good.  Ran both mornings in Central Park.

Back in Michigan and did a very snowy "run" this morning with run buddy.

Entrance to the trails.

View along the way.  Snow was a bit packed by the snowshoers who had come before but still not stable so we mainly hiked and that was enough to have us in a sweat and breathing hard. Sinking to about ankle deep for the most part.

Quite the work out if not a speedy one.

We thought this was cute.

Lisa

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I ran 9.5 miles this morning. It was a good run in nice weather - 50 degrees and sunny. Unfortunately, my knee (patellar tendon) is bothering me quite a bit. It didn't hurt while I was running, but it's really sore now. I think I'll skip tomorrow's run and just walk instead. I'm hoping not to have to take any more time than that; we'll see how if feels in the morning.

Marjorie - ouch on tearing the nail. I would imagine that getting the puppies to sit still to have their nails clipped would be tough.

Karen - yay for feeling good! You and DH are on the same "cleaning out" phase - he's been emptying out closets and ridding the house of stuff that has piled up. We've taken clothes to the clothing closet at church, and gotten rid of stacks of old toys, school papers, etc. It's been great.

Camille - I hope you get to do the 5K tomorrow. Not being able to run is so aggravating.

Gatsby - I need to get on our tax stuff too. With DH not working, we need to get our refund as soon as possible.

Damaris - nice runs. How's the asthma holding up?

Lisa - glad the trip to NYC went well. We want to take the boys there sometime soon. We go to upstate NY every summer to visit my family, and my brother and his family live in NJ just outside the city, so we would have a place to stay. We just need to plan for it.

So I just read an article in the paper about the opening of the Fifty Shades of Grey movie. I never read the books, don't really want to, and don't care to see the movie. Did any of you read it? It just doesn't seem appealing to me, and I've heard it's not very well-written.

Anyway, off to bed. DS1 is off on a youth group retreat, but DS2 and DS3 sing in church tomorrow, so they'll have to be all spiffy and there early in the morning. Have a good night-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

ginnyb

I did 10 miles on the TM this morning.  Now that takes willpower!  Wow, thought I was going to not make it, but I did.  Thank goodness again, for my little playaway book!.  There was hardly anyone in the gym this morning at 5:45 but, for whatever reason, this really large man decided he had to be on the TM right next to me!  By big, I mean really tall and bulky, but it was distracting.......is it just me?  There were like 50 TM's empty, why next to me?  Anyway, I got it done!   I feel like I have shin splints though and I never get those.  Maybe from the TM running?  They are not bad, just can feel it.  I did 20 miles this week, Yay!!!!!!  That is good for me in February, heck that is good for me anytime!

Lisa....nice that you had a agood time in NYC.  When do you go again?  Maybe I can join you this time.  Trail looks good, except that snowy part, must have been hard to get through, but very pretty and challenging!

We are painting the downstairs half bath today, has to be done, but I just do not enjoy painting.  Like I said before, I am a messy painter.  Marjorie, want to come paint??

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

9.1. I'm making Valentine candy  and various other things. I've made 8 candy bars so far. Waiting for the last 4 to set so I can take them out of the mold. Then on to brownies etc.

Marjorie

I ran 5.5 this morning in a downpour.  So much fun!   It's not particularly cold or Sunday, just very wet. Heading off now to "man" an aid station at a trail race in the Marin headlands.

Ginnyb, well done on the TM today!  Notwithstanding  running next to you.   That would bug me too.

Marjorie, are you sending the goodies to your DH's workplace?

Damaris, nice workouts as usual.

Lisa, I love your snowy pics. Rain doesn't photograph as well.

Cindy, my tax project is on hold since I'm missing some documents.  Hope you have better luck.

Camille, did you race or rest today?

Have a great Sunday!