Womens Running

Sleepy Friday (dailies) (Read 20 times)

Kilmisters

Damaris, just wanted to say the margarita pictures are amazing!! The only way they could be better if it was a beer. Here's an idea for a race ''twist'' - last mile of the marathon is set up as a beer mile... Big grin

Sandy, you're doing yoga? Must have missed that! The CrossFit ''badge'' fits you better Big grin

Lizzie, seems like WFH on Fridays is not unusual for you; how often can you take those, or is it purely up to negotiations w mammel? Funny about channeling me for rainy runs... I think there was a week in summer when I repeatedly got rain during my runs. Multiple times per one run - drenched, dry, drenched, dry... repeat Smile

Tessa, I envy you, actually... TM runs before/after confcalls/meetings - perfect way to organize the thoughts or simply calm down after someone has confidently spewed some utter garbage on a meeting (which tends to be a norm). As for time difference, it's 9hr for us two. So, not surprising at all my work day starts when you're not asleep yet.

The combo of incredibly physical game yesterday, followed by lots of junk food, a bottle of beer, falling asleep at 2am, then K waking everyone up at 5pm... Yeah... I don't know how to sit/move so that nothing hurts or how to focus so that eyes don't fall shut. Really glad I did majority of the urgent job assignment yesterday night. Had planned a short run, but the ankle situation... Yeah, no. I've actually realized that floorball interferes w running plans so much that there is no point in having them at all (even minimum weekly mileage or stuff like that). Wiser to just decide on the go, except maybe planning the LR.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

20.2 rainy miles for me.

I am going to selfishly give myself the badass award today. LOL. Holy rain! It was on and off when I started - more on then off - then from miles 10-15 it was a straight downpour. The last 3 miles were rain free. It was SO warm that the rain was welcomed. 65 degrees with 62 dewpoint really isn't all that bad - but considering 3 days ago I was wearing two pairs of pants in 10 degrees, it was just a shock to my body! Other than the rain it was a pretty awesome run. Felt strong and like I could keep going. I did have my moments around 10-15 where I was like "CAN THIS END ALREADY"..haha but all in all a good run.

I have been wearing my Saucony Rides on longer runs..but they tend to make my feet hurt more for some reason. May have to just keep them in the rotation for shorter runs. I asked for the Mizuno Waverider 21's for my birthday Smile Those are my marathon shoes!

Headphones worked great! Drained my battery like you wouldnt believe..but no issues in the rain with them. Awesome!

WFH today...I have 5 conference calls. UGH. They all end by noon though...

Karen - I think it is so weird that Riley is suddenly afraid of storms. Do you really think it had something to do with the Kennel? Were there any thunderstorms that you know of while you were gone? Or maybe it was loud noises. Just so odd.

Docket - Not only did you run a marathon while sick, you ran it on 1-2 hours sleep!? Wow. You ran VERY impressive race - and the fact that you just kept going blows my mind!

Kilmisters - Oh wow on the game. How is the ankle feeling?!  I am sure you are going to be pumping the caffeine today! Hang in there!! WFH - I do them every once in a while. If I am productive and not slacking I don’t think he would say anything.

Margaret - Congrats on winning the prize!! That is a gorgeous photo!! Wow. You are right about the shorts - there were very clingy..but you forget about it after a while. MMM cereal for dinner is the BEST. You know I just read an article that cereal is the worst for you. I have a hard time believing that. What if I wanted a hot fudge sundae for breakfast, wouldn’t that be worse? Smile I can’t eat cereal - doesn’t sit well - but I would if I could!  I am so sorry about your friend. That is awful. It does make you appreciate the little things. Sad

Have a great day everyone! I am looking forward to SPAGHETTI (MY FAVORITE) TONIGHT!

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I ran my 8 on the TM last night as it was super humid outside and my lungs are congested so I didn't want to push them with the bad air outside. Anyway, 6 with strides and Pilates today.  Leaving work at noon and I need a nap.  Chest is congested, so I most definitely have an asthma bout, waaahhh.

Elina, hope your day includes a nap.  I would have bought a beer if the UK or the other beer countries on the World Showcase were open!

Lizzie, nice 20!  I once ran a 20 while a hurricane was near us and it was raining buckets.  Your run reminded me of that one, bad ass!  But I did want to quit. All of the texts to my husband were about quitting, but the I'll throw your vodka away made me continue. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Docket - Nice run last night! Sorry your asthma is acting up. Blah. Rain runs are hard! Enjoy the half day and hope you feel better!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Damaris, I hope the asthma gets under control and congestion goes away quickly.

Thursday I dashed out to the park and thence out the trail for 50 minutes. It was wonderful to have the warmer temperature! I also saw my favorite sweet little dog since it was warmer for her to be out.

Today I have hours of volunteer work to do at the library. There is lots of sorting to be done. I may try to dash out to the park in a few minutes before we go.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Wow, there are some real badasses here, Lizzie, Damaris, Elina...    I don't have much today.    Got into work early since DH was able to take DD to school, will get some cardio and the ab challenge in later.  The foot is still sore, so I will just rest it.  Done with what I'm going to do for the Strava challenge and the next 5K in the Winter Series isn't until Jan 28th.

Elina, wow, that sounds like a tough game!  Sorry about the ankle, I hope it is better.  I am amazed that you can fit running in at all with your schedule.  A relaxed approach to running sounds completely reasonable!  

Lizzie, AWESOME 20!  I am sure the weather was a shock to your body, wow.  You earned that spaghetti!    Back to the parka today, haha.  Hope you get the Wave Riders for your bday!  I got the new Saucony Rides but haven't run in them for a longer run yet.  Someday...  

Damaris, so the humid weather is back?  Nice race recap!  The margarita is awesome.    Best race tradition!

Judy, nice of you to volunteer at the library!  Glad you got some warmer weather!

Karen, well if there is a prize for the Strava challenge then my coworker will be the first in line to collect, he is all about a good deal.  He actually clips coupons!    He was initially going for the 40K, now he's going for the 80K.  It did get him outside and running more than he was planning to!  Poor Riley.

Margaret, haha, I guess I was not the worst at planning for the Strava Challenge!    Love the picture!  Congrats!  I am going to make some arm warmers, some of my old Smartwool socks are not going to make it another year!    Yeah, we are back in the teens, from the mid 50's yesterday.  Though it doesn't feel so bad, it's WAY above zero.    I think we're supposed to get below zero again tonight, but at least I don't have to run outside anymore.    We get some crazy temperature swings, kind of like San Francisco, when you can feel the temperature dropping!  Sorry about your friend.  Yes, it is important to never take anything for granted!

Happy Friday, all!

Cathy

Seloc

TRX/Bells class today.  -9* degrees outside.  It ended up snowing most of yesterday and it looks to be about 4-5 inches at my house.  Enough for the association to plow.  At midnight.  Nothing like being woken up by bright lights and big machines.  Trying to decide what to do for workouts this weekend.  Both days sub zero.  Thinking about gym for dreadmill/track as long as I can stand it and then spin class tomorrow.  Could use a rest day but the gym doesn't open until 8am on Sundays (6am on Sat) and that just feels late.  Plus it gets busier at that time.  Planning to go to RBs DHs band tomorrow night - it doesn't start until 8pm - GASP - late for gramma haha.  Company email yesterday from CEO - no merit increases for anyone.  Kind of a kick in the teeth.

Cathy - you were 50* in the morning?!  Wow, that's crazy.  Guessing you are sub zero now as well?  Did you get any snow?  What sort of activities to the DDs do in the winter?

Tessa - OMG a garage is the BEST!  I'm still thankful every day for my attached garage.  I've been here 14 years but previously the garage was out back.  Here, because it's a townhome, 3 of the 4 sides are interior walls so it generally stays above freezing in there.  Heavenly!!  So cool you make those pink hats!  I didn't realize (or maybe forgot) that you knit, too, in addition to all your other activities!

Kat - I was thinking that about This Is Us - if you don't have siblings it may not really mean as much.  That therapy session was a bit intense and tough to watch, though!

Lizzie - LOL about your reflective white legs.  It IS winter, ya know.  Did HCBF make it home last night?  Yoga sculpt includes hand weights and some cardio in the middle.  Jumping jacks, burpees, mountain climbers, etc.  Hand weights during Warrior 2 and then punching with the weights in horse pose.  Shoulder presses during chair pose.  I don't generally have the patience for yoga but I like the strength element and class goes fast.  Plus all the fastie runner girls go so it's a social event as well haha

Karen - glad you got some miles in before the storm.  Poor Riley!  I feel so bad for him.  I was super afraid of storms as a kid.  Would make a beeline for the basement at the first crack of thunder.

Damaris - great RR!  Oh man, that just sounded so so tough!  I really like your outfit!  And, the margarita is the BEST.  I honestly do not know how you are running 8mi within the week after and now have another marathon this weekend?  You are a beast!

Elina - glad the meeting went well!  Ouch ouch ouch on the ankle.  Same one?  Super duper smart to listen to the body trying to juggle floorball with running.  LOL, gramma is getting too old for CrossFit.  Dialing it back to yoga sculpt due to age haha  Yikes on the lack of sleep!  Hang in there - your weekend is very near!!

HCK - nice miles.  There are that many water leaks??  That's crazy.  Is it because of frozen pipes?

Gatsby - what a gorgeous photo!  Not surprised you won - congratulations!  That's pretty cool.  LOL on needing less than 1/2K for challenge.  You and Cathy must be sisters from another mister.  Ha ha.  I'm soooo sorry about your running friend.  Must be young?  Hospice is a pretty amazing service - and the people that work in that realm are freaking SAINTS.  Sending peaceful thoughts.

Lizzie2 - for SURE you get a BADASS award!  Holy cats, girl.  20 in the rain and it ain't no big thing.  Wowzers.  That is freaking HOT - no doubt the rain felt good.  Enjoy that post long run exhaustion glow - that's my fav.  5 conf calls before noon?  Good Lord.  You crack me up with your love of spaghetti - especially AFTER your long run.  haha.  Plans for the weekend are to stay warm.  Still debating my workout for one or both days.  Sat eve I'm planning to watch an RBs DH in a band - doesn't start until 8pm.  Sunday a friend wants to maybe meet for late lunch.  Vikings play at 3:40.  Mostly a meh weekend but that's okay.  What about you guys?  Cake this weekend for DBs birthday?

Judy - glad you were able to take advantage of the warmer weather.  Guessing temps are dropping again for you, too?

Cathy - I'm really annoyed with your foot! Sorry it's still sore.  Super smart to rest it up.  Impressed you still do other XT stuff at home.  I'd be a lazy sot!  Is this Mr. Math that clips coupons?  That cracks me up.  I can't be bothered haha

Well, I guess I best do some work.  Even though I don't feel like it haha.  Happy FRIYAY!!

Docket_Rocket

I am 2K to finish the 80K Strava challenge and no sign of running outside until Houston. And that's the day before the deadline so I should be able to finish that!

Judy, thanks!  Enjoy the volunteering!

Cathy, rest the foot well.

Sandy, nice job on the class.  As to the 8, blame Karen!  She did give me 6-8 but she knows me well enough that I understand that as 8. Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

TGIF!@!! Boss and psycho coworker were on my last nerves yesterday.  I hope they are quiet today so I can get something done.

Ginny--I'm so sorry about Beau.

Sandy--the stew was yummy.  DF doesn't like sweet potatoes or vegan anything, but there was enough seasoning in there that he was ok.  It was really fast in the Instant Pot.

Premarital counseling was fine.  DF is a regular at church too, so it was not too stressful. I think we've pretty much covered all the topics in depth.

I'm only 12 miles away from the 80K Strava challenge.  I should be able to finish by Sunday morning long run.  Smile I still haven't figured out the problem with my Garmin account, but the phone is working better so I will just figure out the Garmin when I have time.

Walked the pups w DF this morning. Temps are supposed to drop tonight. Sad

Have a great weekend!!

Arimathea

Tessa

Elina, sorry K allowed you only 3 hours of sleep...babies do that. Sounds sensible to decide on your run length/intensity based on how floorball went. Hope your ankle feels better!

Liz, yep, definitely badass. Warm rain is not usually a problem to run in. Cold windy rain is.

Margaret, nice picture! The race looks lovely. I am sorry about your RC friend. It seems like more people are getting brain cancer, though I don't know if that is actually the case or they're just better at diagnosing it earlier.

Damaris, ugh on the asthma. Leaving at noon? Then you are already gone. Rest up!

So you just wave your wrist at the barkeep and they give you a margarita? Sweet!

Judy, good luck with the sorting. Is this book donations that need to be examined? I need to dash up to the library also, lots of books on hold came in. I'm going to be busy this weekend!

Cathy, I didn't know people clipped coupons anymore. My mother used to do that a lot. One woman on the WW marathons board works for a printing company and that's one of the things they do a lot of but that business is decreasing. Used to be the Sunday papers were full of coupon inserts, not so much now.

How many more Winter Series races?

Sandy, ugh on the snowplows waking you up. But at least you could get to work? Sorry you are not getting any merit raises this year. So much for the big tax cut causing the corporations to share  their wealth with the employees. Suuuuuuuure.

Garages are wonderful. We couldn't park in ours for years because it had all DH's junk on one side and his old MG on the other. I can now park in mine. I would like to clear all the stuff out of the other side so that another car can park there, either DS or DD, but DD has a bunch of her stuff in one side of the garage.

Yes, I knit, so does Susan and Cathy/Camille (where IS that woman?) I think does also. We all three quilt as well. Diana might, I believe. Anyone else crafty on here?

Susan, glad you got out for a walk with DF and that the counseling went well. How do you like the Instant Pot? I have been reading about them however I do love my crock pot and am not sure I can justify having both.

3.6 this morning. RN is off today since she gets every other Friday off and this is one, so I ran solo. We're seeing the same guy many mornings, always running the same route, and he always shouts "Good job!" as we pass. Not sure if he thinks we're in a race or he thinks he should encourage the newbies. (Which we are not...) No gym today because I have to leave at 2, I have an eye appointment at 4 PM.

Still hanging in there for Dry Veganuary. I'm not sure I will make it all the days, I have a business trip coming up before January is over, but I can try.

Instant pot--I could honestly take it of leave it. A crock pot does the same, just takes all day to get to the same result. It is nice if you need to cook quickly and didn't have time to set up ahead. DF was really excited about it ( I am not as much of a gadget person), and he likes to cook so we got one.  If he is cooking I can sew or knit! Wink

Anonymous Guest

Traffic didn't look too bad so I went ahead and drove downtown to get my packet for Sunday's race this afternoon. I don't like the participant shirt as much as last year - I like the design but not the material. I hope the finisher shirt is good. I didn't really feel like looking around so just grabbed my stuff and came home, then saw others posting pictures with Meb......dammit, I would have liked to have met him.

Before I left I ran 4 easy around my neighborhood. Much colder than yesterday. It felt pretty good.

Margaret, I am sorry about your RC friend. Thanks for the reminder to appreciate life.

HCK, that's crazy about all the water leaks. Hope they've got things figured out so you don't get an ice rink with this next round of cold!

Elina, still impressed you were at work today. I think that's a smart decision to be less concerned about hard set running plans when floorball is going.

Liz, I concur with the badass award. It is yours! The Waverider 21s have become my marathon shoe - love them. My guess with Riley is that he was in a room with one (or more) dogs that freaked out when fireworks went off on NYE. I know my neighborhood did them, and is only a mile away. And they said they were going to set a bunch off around 9 that night, which is when Riley's been freaking out. He was so much better last night though - no drugs, no shaking. Just a little extra panting, and of course sleeping on my lap. I think he's getting back to his regular routine and feeling better about things - goofy dog is 1.5 going on 12.

Damaris, take care of yourself. You know you can blow off any workouts you want if you're tired (when you are running back-to-back marathons that is, not in general...). You get the ranges because I don't know how you're feeling so soon after a race......sigh, yeah, I guess you were going to run 8.  Need you to arrive healthy tomorrow!

Judy, hope the volunteering went well.

Cathy, your foot is starting to really get on my nerves. I hope the rest does it good. Too funny on clipping coupons - I admit to downloading them onto my Kroger card and using Target Cartwheel, but that's it.

Sandy, ugh on the midnight snow plows! At least they plowed? I remember snowmaggedon in Maryland - it took them four days to get to our street. Tough to plan workouts in crappy winter weather, but I guess if anyone can figure it out, it's the Minnesota chick. Bummer on the no raise.

Susan, I was going to ask how you liked the Instant Pot. Seems to be all the rage, but I don't know that I'd use it much. Since I don't work, I have no problem chopping/prepping and putting stuff in the crockpot in the morning or afternoon.

Tessa, maybe his "good job" is his "good morning," like when people accidentally say "you too" to something like happy birthday or have a good flight. Glad you got your run in this morning.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Busy WFH day! I didn't even get in a nap! Smile I did buy my Fargo tickets though Smile Woohoo!

Its still so warm and disgusting out. My poor hair Smile I think this is staying until tomorrow afternoon - then a cool down.

Judy – Have fun volunteering today!

Cathy – You are always ahead of the game Smile You are a badass too. And you will be even more when you are back in the game full time Smile We are going to have a crazy temperature swing here too this weekend. 65 today…16 tomorrow night. Craziness!

Sandy – Woohooo! Nice job on getting to class even in those awful temperatures! I like your plan for the weekend. Spin class is fun..that is one class I miss doing. It kills my legs though so I can’t do it and train. OOO watching a band sounds fun! It will be worth the late night Smile BUMMER on the merit increases. That stinks! Do they usually do it every year?? Sorry Sad  I am going to see if my gym has that Yoga class..that sounds more my style. I have a hard time getting into traditional yoga. Moves too slow Wink Awe, you are sweet for remembering DB’s birthday! No, actually it is my MOM’s birthday this weekend. My brother, my mom and I have January birthdays. So, HCBF and I will have dinner with my parents at somepoint this weekend. Then next weekend, we will celebrate my brother and I’s birthday. Its weird this year because my mom is turning 65 so we wanted hers to be special. We usually do all 3 in one weekend. Other than that we are just going to R&R! Especially me Smile Hope your work day isn’t too bad!

Hi Susan! Hope your day is better than yesterday.

Tessa – Nice run this morning – or should I say..GOOD JOB? Haha. Good job is such a random thing to say. Hi would be good. Haha. You can make it through the month! You can do it! Smile

Karen – Woohoo race time is coming! You must be stoked about these awesome temps! Count me as another one that downloads Kroger coupons. Hey, I look forward to the Free Saturdays. Last week it was cheese! Smile

Have a good night everyone! Ruger is begging for a walk - guess I gotta go put my SHORTS on. Unreal. Talk with you all later!

Anonymous Guest

Karen – Woohoo race time is coming! You must be stoked about these awesome temps! Count me as another one that downloads Kroger coupons. Hey, I look forward to the Free Saturdays. Last week it was cheese! Smile

I got a lot of 99 cent cheese last Saturday! I think the limit was 5, so I got 5.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Yeah, I had a great Pilates session but I think I'm going to URD today to rest a bit.  The asthma is making me tired, and although I am kicking myself for not running, I know nothing is to be gained, ha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page