Womens Running

Two more coffees Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 23 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

I would like two more coffees...intravenously, please.

RR - 10K easy. it is 92% humidity. yecch.

TR - I didn't go to medical school but had to perform plastic surgery to reattach Dee Dee's arm.  It was worth it to see his smiles and for him to tell DH, "mommy fix Dee Dee arm!"  Kept jumping on my back while I was sitting on his bed for piggyback rides.  I have been doing heavy barbell back squats preparing for this day!  Probably pool/splash pad this morning, since it is so disgusting outside.

FR - chicken pie, kale salad.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - was supposed to be 3mi warm up, 2 mile tempo and 3 mile cool down.  The warm up felt tough, but once I was in the tempo rhythm I didn't want to stop.  Ended up w. way more tempo than 2 miles - felt great though, despite the humidity!

NRR - taking the kids to an "amusement park" today.  It is geared towards young children and it is relatively cheap.

FR - potluck dinner w. the staff of DD's school (adults only)  I need to bring a salad and I wanted to make a Thai Quinoa salad, but it has nuts so it's a no go.  Might just buy a salad instead....

KR - DH got tickets to last nights Blue Jays baseball game last minute.  He went w. DS.  They didn't get home until 1130pm.  I am sure DS will be a wreck today.

Zorbs - yay for fixing DeeDee!!  Have fun at the splash pad.

CTimesTwo

Morning,

ER - ST and core

TR - had a pooplosion at my mom's yesterday... then at dinner she started crying, out of the blue.. not tantrum tears, but sad tears... DH took her out of her booster seat (she wasn't eating anyways) and she sobbed on his shoulder for a good 5 minutes... eventually she stopped crying but we never did figure out what caused the tears...

NRR - super long meeting today... another team will be joining us for our meeting, so lets hope I don't get yelled at again..

zorbs - yep, i need caffeine in the worst way too.... I didn't know there was a Detroit HM next year...  do you have a link or more info?  Yes, I've run the Detroit marathon and the half... it's cool running over the Ambassador Bridge as the sun comes up.. not sure i'll ever do the FM again now that there's a more local race (the Amherstburg marathon/half at the end of Sept) that doesn't require me to drive over the border, plus it's flatter than Detroit..

eh - DH and I went to a Tigers game (being so close to Detroit, I'm more of a Tigers fan, not the Jays) and we didn't get back until after midnight... way too late for me.... maybe bring a Caesar salad?  it's what I always end up bringing to potlucks...

RR: found a pretty steep hill near my office so the plan is to run up and down it at lunch.

KR: DS had a great day at school yesterday, fingers crossed he's getting the hang of kindergarten.  DD now has a very elaborate chart which rates almost everything she does - one for school, one for home.  Things like "do not fidget at group time' scale of 1 to 3.  She has to rack up a certain number of point in a day to get a small reward or walk laps if she doesn't reach her goal.  Seems like they could come up with a better punishment than exercise.  Someone please MAKE me go run - sheesh..

Zorbs: You saved Dee Dee!  Just inagine what you could accomplish with IV coffee :-)

Eh: it usually takes me a few miles to figure out whats going on when I run so early in the morning

Cx2: sorry about the poopsplsion, but that is a great word!

mrszackmorris

rr: hoping for 6 tonight with rp if it doesn't storm.

kr: cannot believe she starts kindergarten next week. Sad

tr: is writing a book which is super cute about her sister.

br: cranky pants with a cold.

nrr: errands today with all 3 kiddos. Need to get to the library to pick up himym season 7. Been impatiently waiting for a week!

fr: taco night!

----------

zorbs: my friends who were in the national guard during college always said they should hook us all up to IV's after a night of drinking for a faster recovery. Yay for DeeDee!

eh: great job with the run! What a great idea to have a pot luck with the teachers. Is it a small school?

cx2: good luck with the meeting! Ugh to poopslosion!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - wow, excellent job on your tempo! I have never felt the urge to run extra tempo kms, lol.

cx2 - http://detroitwomenshalf.com they had me at free manicures and running skirts!  I'm already signed up for a HM that day or else I'd totally run this.

dexy - yeah I totally agree that exercise should NEVER be punishment!  I feel strongly enough that I would talk to the teacher about it.  Could she clean or something like that instead?

mrszm - i saw this the other day and thought of you, naturally.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

Rr - 8x hills this morning (runswap day).

Tr - had so much fun camping!! I want to sell our little camper and get a slightly larger one. This one is tiny and I don't know where I'd put O and two dogs.

Br - was awake early but fell asleep when I was feeding her so she's sleeping on the nursing pillow right now. I don't want to move and wake her.

Nrr - SIL and niece arrive today from NH. Should be a busy but fun week.

Fr - mil is bringing a ham over.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - blech on the weather, we already have leaves turning, which is great, I love fall running.

r-eh - wow nice work on the run! Could you just omit the nuts? Have fun at the amusement park.

cx2 - yikes on the pooplosion! And the dinner tears Sad Hope the meeting goes well.

dexy - yeah I agree, walking shouldn't be punishment. I hope DD does well though and doesn't need any punishment at all.

mzm - hope you can get a run in tonight w/o it storming. I hate errands w 2 kids! Hope you get them done quickly.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

ER - ST

TR - Can reach way up on the bathroom counter. My face cream, dental floss and makeup brush are now all missing. Hmm, think there's some connection? She is such a rascal about hiding things...I am forever finding the TV remote in a kitchen drawer, my car keys in her dresser, etc. Also, she inexplicably woke up at 3 am and spent half an hour yodeling at the top of her lungs. This child is going to be the death of me!

NRR - Going to a friend's house to swim in her pool and for dinner. Then there is live music in the park across the street from her. She has a daughter S's age, so they are baby friends.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

nolamama

CQTM

Morning Ladies,

ER: Gym today for non-running activities (hopefully).

TR: More teeth I think? Was saying poop this morning. I was asking her if she pooped yet and then she just started saying "poop, poo? poop poop, poo?" I was laughing.

NRR: Went to doctor and got a z pack and Flonase. Hoping it helps me feel better. I've had congestion/sinus issues for weeks now and I can't breathe so I went in. I'm not feeling any better yet. I also think my office is mildewy so I feel worse when I get here.

FR: Pork tenderloin, whole wheat orzo and sautéed veggies.

zorbs: I need intravenous coffee as well. You won't have to deal with the heat & humidity much longer, huh?

r-eh: Not that I've done any speedwork recently, but what I have done has not been more than planned. Good job!

cx2: Until A is actually able to tell me why she's crying, it's all a big guessing game.

Dexy: Right, exercise should not be taught as a punishment. Too many things are wrong with the world today.

mrszm: Your kindergartener is your oldest, right? Oh, so many changes!!

CAR: Will you pump when go back to work or will you switch her over to some sort of milk at 1 year? I'm guessing she is still nursing a few times a day.

Ernie: I know the feeling. I feel like I always have everything in safe places and then she'll run to me holding the finger nail clippers, my makeup, barrettes. They are so sneaky right now and into everything.

superspike113

Honorary Old

I'm Baaaack!

Vacation R- Didn't get to meet up with Rocky, we were on the go the whole time and MIL is a paranoid weirdo and won't let me go anywhere by myself. Reid had his first trip to the zoo, went to the top of a 14,000 mountain, his first hike and first carousel ride. He also slept like crap and would scream in the middle of the night and end up between me and DH in the double bed we were sharing :S

RR: 5 miles with the stroller this morning. My longest run since the half. Only ran 2 miles in CO but it was at 7200' elevation- first mile uphill, then turned around and ran home downhill. Lots of hiking and walking though.

TR: was really good on the trip even with the flying and all the time in the car. Going through the "Mine!!" phase. Also did really well with PT at grandma's and even managed a 36 hour stretch with no accidents.

FR: Made italian sausage, bean, and greens soup last night- leftovers for lunch. Something with chicken (probably grilled) for dinner. I had zero food in the house other than cheese and condiments and had to spend over $200 at the store last night to restock.

NRR: Back at work and need to stop farting around and get caught up, I'll try to do personals, but can't make any promises.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Nola- R started saying "YUCK! Poop!!" on our trip, and used the phrase heavily when on an outdoor trail where horses were allowed.

zorbs- I remember my grandma stitching my stuffed giraffe "Blaza" closed when I was a kid.

eh! I hope DS does ok today despite the late night.

cx2- Kids are funny about the random crying. Reid asked me to stop and give him hugs on our run this morning.

Dexy- I need to run more hills, hard to do with the stroller though.

mzm- wow, Kindergarten!

CA- Have fun with SIL

Ernie- S is such a character!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runnergirl9508

Fly by post today:

RR: 5 easy miles today, holy humidity. Ran 5.5 with 2@10k pace (6:44) yesterday and felt great.

TR: loving his tricycle from grandma and grandpa. Wanted to play outside in the rain last night, so we did. Found a bazillion puddles.

NRR: work is busy today, opened the gym at 5, been non-stop since. Tired from the 4am wakeip

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - I have never been camping (or cottaging) in my whole life.

ernie - hmm B didn't hide stuff from me very often, but we had a childproof thingy on the bathroom door and all the kitchen cabinets still are childproofed.

nola - this morning on the radio, they were discussing the almanac predictions and appaently we are in for a warm September (yecch for running) and a really cold winter.

spike - all of us (G, his sisters and their respective spouses and children) will all be at MIL's 2 bedroom house next weekend.  I'm already mildly panicking about the sleeping arrangements.  If B has to sleep in the same bed as us I am going to freak. the. eff. out.  Why didn't you tell MIL you're an adult and you can go wherever you damn well please?

rg - I see your crunch & run class is starting, are you going to be running with the class? how will you deal with people of varying abilities?

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- it wouldn't have mattered anyways, we had stuff planned for each day. MIL is paranoid about Denver drivers (who are admittedly awful), and we were driving their Lexus. She's just a scaredy cat and lets news stories about random acts affect her daily life. She used valet parking when we went shopping because she's afraid she'll get mugged in the parkade. She's just really bossy and she throws fits when she's not in charge, so for everyone's enjoyment we usually humor her.