Womens Running

Winter BEGONE Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 33 times)

Marathonjen

zorbs - Good idea to go home then...take a napSmile

CTimes - I hope C is good for your mom and you can get your errands done.  It is amazing how much easier and faster they are when you don't have a baby in tow.  Do you have an elliptical at home too?  I told DH I WANT an elliptical and TM at home...he doesn't want them...UGH!

ernie - You poor lady with the horrible sleep!!!  Last night sounds terrible.  I hope you can get S on a better routine of sleep.  I don't even know how you are functioning.  I really hope you aren't getting sick but I am sure the lack of sleep isn't helping your immunity.  Have fun at boot camp.

Shelby - Great job on the speed workout with the stroller...you and Bermy impress me so much with your stroller pushing!!  Good luck with the trail run...that will be tough.  Aren't there any quiet neighborhood streets you can find to run through?  Boo to DH not being home until the wee hours of the morning.  It stinks that you are there to spend time with him and he can't really be there.  When do you leave NC?

rg - Sorry about the nap strike.  At least he was still pretty good for you.  Have a good run.  I know what you mean about snow.  We got 6 inches yesterday where I work and are supposed to get 2-5 more through tomorrow.  UGH!  I am so over it.  My doctor doesn't do u/s until 20 weeks...so yeah...I feel like I am in the dark for a long time.

BermyHorse

RR: 5m recovery. The  first 4m from my house on trail is very hilly (well, I guess it could be hillier). I feel like I am going backwards on some parts. I guess that all has to be good for me right? Please tell me it is. It just means that anything 8m+ is that section, twice.

NRR: Went to a LLL meeting last night and met the leader and the new moms. It was so sweet. In bermy DH was welcome but here they don't let men in so he had to wait in car for over an hour and a half. I felt pretty bad about that. Anyway, I am going to help with the group. They said I could help as much as I liked so that was nice. And I got some very good recs for sensible docs pro bf-ing.

NRR2: I am going to have a look for rugs. We have a brown couch and I need to think of an accent colour to go with brown. And playground as weather is lovely. Hoping to meet up with nashville supermom when her DS is feeling better. Maybe end of week?

BR: having a blast playing around. And is obsessed reading a book about the potty. Ate bermy curry yesterday.

FR: going to make that homemade ww pizza dough today. My clean eating recipe book calls for a mixer with dough hook but I don't have any of that so I am going to do it all by hand, old school style. I watched a utube video and it's not rocket science. Kneading has to count for ER right?

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

mrszackmorris

rr: not happening until i can eat again and walk up the stairs without getting winded.

tr: dd1 is finally better. she missed 3 days of school and is back to her usual self today.

tr2: dd2 had school yesterday and neither dh nor i were in any shape to take her. thank god for my mom. she picked her up, took her to school, picked her up from school, took her out to lunch, and shopping and brought her back for nap.

tr3: took dd2 for allergy testing and she's not allergic to anything! so we still don't know why she has a chronic cough, so now she's being treated for reflux. well, once i start her on the meds.

br: finally hungry again. he ate next to nothing friday, saturday, sunday, monday and a little yesterday. it was the first time he had puked from being sick. he then proceeded to walk around with a bowl.

nrr: my brother and sil bought the house 4 houses down from us. someone asked if i was excited to live that close to my brother, to which i responded i would be super duper excited if it was my sister. they are the same brother and sil who are dd2's godparents and when i recently told them when dd2's birthday party was said they could only come for maybe an hour because they had to go to Beerfest (mind you sil is pregnant right now). yup, they got their priorities figured out. they move in the end of the month and i will have to admit to the neighbors that i am related to them (they aren't THAT bad, but still i wish they would grow up and stop pretending they are 21). but this is the 3rd house on our block to sell this month, so that helps home values.

fr: gatorade.

Erniegirl

cx2 - It will seem like you're getting your errands done so fast without having to drag a baby around with you! Glad your mom got to see C walking...the wobbly walk is so cute.

Shelby - Wow, great intervals with the stroller! Amazing that your ds still takes that morning nap when he's home with you. S dropped her morning nap when she was only 7 months old. I was horrified. The only nice thing about it is that it opens up the day a bit more so you can go out for longer periods of time without having to get home for 2 naps. We are not trying to get pg, but we are planning on trying later this spring and have been kind of lackadaisical with the rhythm method this month, so I guess it's possible.

Rg - Did R actually stay in his crib without fussing from 11:30 am to 2 pm? If he's willing to do that and wasn't cranky, the nap strike won't be too bad because you still get some quiet time! Ugh, it's snowing here too. Not springlike at all!

Zorbs - I'll let you know if Tracey is the instructor!

Becky - Summer camp will probably be way more fun than a babysitter. Good idea to take it easy with that sore foot!

Bermy - Amazing 20 mi stroller run yesterday! I sometimes get side stitches if I run too soon after eating, am dehydrated or go out too fast in a race. I've found the best way to get rid of them is breathe in once and out twice until it goes away.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

mrszackmorris

zorbs: when i read the title for day i looked at the temperature and it is 9F out. yup, you couldn't be any more right.

car: glad you had a good last day in FL! where do you parents usually live? good luck in chicago!

eh: i have had a few opportunites to volunteer at dd1's school. the first time i did and they never called to tell me whether or not i needed to show up, so when they asked again a few months later for the same thing, i boycotted. there was a volunteer opportunity last night and i'm glad i hadn't said yet, because there's no way i could have gone.

jen: c had a rash all over his whole body the other day from pooping up to his armpits the other night. it went away quickly though. what did the dr say about an early u/s?

cx2: have fun running errands solo!

ernie: i'd test, you never know. have fun at boot camp! boo to the bad sleep!

shelby: great pace on your run! i couldn't run that fast even if i was being chased!

rg: yup, first day of spring and it is 9F out. blech.

becky: hope your aches start feeling better soon!

bermy: hope you get a playdate in with other supermom this week. does you dh usually work from home? i think you mentioned something about it the other day.

beckykay

Ok, its quiet around here again.

Zorbs:  I had to laugh when I read your FB status, that was the theme at our house last night too.  Grr on the inknburn, hopefully it will arrive soon!

CA:  Good luck today!

Eh!:  At least some good comes from the time change Smile  I am tired of the cold and its not nearly as cold here.  Although I'm sure I will be complaining about my allergies as soon as it does warm up.

Jen:  Oh no!  I am sorry, I hope you don't have to go get him for just a rash. C has sensitive skin and I can only use certain detergents.

Cx2:  Good job on the windy miles, wind is the worst for me.  I'd rather run in rain than wind.

Ernie:  POAS if you can't drink coffee!  Smile  I can always drink coffee, except when I was preggo.

Shelby:  Awe, so sad to see them cry when a parent leaves for work.  C would bawl when I dropped him off at daycare, made me feel horrible.  This morning he told DH that I said he could stay home from school and play.....uh no.

RG:  Glad he was good even with no nap.  Mine is a terror but refuses to nap or go to bed at night.

beckykay

Bermy:  What color are you thinking?  I think I am going to try and find your clean eating cookbook....we need a change in the Essig household.  I'm tired of DH's bad eating habits.  We need to set a better example for C.  Interesting that DH was not welcomed.

MrsZM:  I'm sorry about the beerfest conflict, that is too funny.  I hope everyone is on the mend!  I think the sore foot is just the new shoes.  They have more arch support than I am used to.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Bermy - for what it's worth, I have a mixer with a dough hook but never use the dough hook, I always kneed by hand, as does my dad, it's easier to tell when you've for enough flour when you do it by hand. Awesome stroller run bTw.

sitting at our gate ready to go! So far so good Smile I checked and we have to change terminals in chi so that'll be my ER for sure!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

BermyHorse

NRR2: We still have no washing machine (Dh bought one but it hasn't been released yet). I am going to the launderette with my inquisitive toddler. I am so glad I only have one child for what is about to happen. I hope it's not too ghetto. I am sure there will be an interesting story. I have an XL north face duffel stuffed with smelly clothes. I can barely pick it up. I think I might confess that I had run 35m in the same pair of lulu shorts and tatatamer. Yeah. Super gross. They didn't even get handwashed in bewteen.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Marathonjen

UGH!!  My doctors office ticks me off...so I am signed up to get my lab results through their website...and they were released to the site this morning...um...how do you NOT do a pg test or check HCG levels when you are doing an initial pregnancy visit?  Apparently they trust First Response more than themselves!

Becky - Sorry about your foot.  Any idea what's wrong?  I hope you get C signed up for some good camps.  I remember my aunt loving when she could send my cousin to camp vs. sending him to a babysitter.  She thought it was amazing.

Bermy - I am soooooo impressed with your 20 milers with the stroller.  First of all I don't think I could run 20 miles at all...let alone with a stroller. You are my running hero!!  Sounds like you are getting settled in to TN very well.  Good for your for getting involved in things right away...especially LLL and other things you love.  I have lived in the same area for almost 3 years and I still don't feel like I know anyone or the area.

mrszm - Glad the family is back to normal for the most part.  That was a horribly long illness and the fact that you all got it around the same time is terrible.  I saw something on the news a few days ago about it...apparently it is a superbug that no one has immunity to yet.  ICK...please oh please don't let me get it.  I would die.  We are totally going to ask J's doctor about his cough being related to reflux...thanks!  About your new neighbors...you have to think....it could be much worse. At least you know them and know they are there to help you out if necessary.  They are also helping your property value improveSmile  Are you feeling any better yet?  Nurse said no early u/s...they don't do them unless medically necessary...boo.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Happy spring, everyone! Sorry to you all that are still getting snow- its spring weather here with wind and rain, but at least the temps are in the 50's.

RR: 4.4 mile tempo run, 3 tempo mile splits were: 9:25 (into the wind and ended on an uphill), 9:42 (mostly uphill), and 9:02 (flat as a pancake). I didn't feel worn out at the end too bad, which makes me feel a little more confident about my 10k in 10 days- I need to run better than 9:30 pace to PR. My calves were pretty sore after and I got an ocular migraine and couldn't see for a while after R went to bed. 4 easy miles planned for today, supposed to rain but I will take that any day over the wind we've been having.

TR: Got in trouble a lot at daycare yesterday, but I figured it would be a bad day with him waking at 5:15 and being so cranky. He slept better last night and was a sweetheart this morning. He eats a full breakfast at home, then another one at daycare. I don't know where he puts it- he's just a little guy. Daycare is closed Friday and Monday so she can go on a vacation with her family, R's Godmother will be spoiling him rotten those days since DH is on night shifts.

FR: Last night was corned beef hash and asparagus, tonight is something with a pork loin roast. I've been making a point to buy hormone-free dairy and meat at the suggestion of the naturopath.

NRR: Need to pack more boxes, not sure how that's going to work this weekend with DH working nights. Maybe I'll see if my mom can come help me out for a day.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

QOTD- for a 10k do you think tempos or speedwork would be more important to focus on for the next speed workout? I have done zero track sessions, but I suppose I could probably squeeze in a fartlek run.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- For the very reason of your TR, I'm going to keep R in the crib until he figures out how to climb out, which will likely be never because he's a wuss. Have you called their 800 number to be irate with them in person? I find that you sometimes get better luck if you actually talk to a human. Re: forearm injury- isn't that what handheld showerheads are for?  My builder balked when I said I wanted one in my master bathroom shower and asked me why, I quickly was able to say that it made it easier for washing down the inside of the shower LOL.

CA- I wonder why shoes and stuff are more expensive in Canada? Maybe import fees? Less competition? The outlet mall I like to shop at north of Seattle always has tons of people from BC shopping there when I go. Chicago airport has all those moving walkways that can keep a kid busy. I once had a 4 hour layover there when I was flying by myself to see my dad (lived in Iowa at the time) and I was like 13 years old, so one of those accessibility cart drivers took pity on me and took me on a joy ride around the airport to kill time, and a desk clerk let me wheel myself around in a wheelchair.

Uphill- I always worry about being underdressed, but I'm usually only cold for the first mile unless there is a particularly cold wind. My mom never ever did anything school related, and my friends with kids in school are really active in their kids school stuff and it seems really foreign to me. RP is helping to plan the Senior class party for her son right now, and bossman's wife is the president of the the PTO. I love a runny egg- your FR sounds good. I like a poached egg on top of a salad, numm.

Jen- that happened to me when R had Roseola. I kept him home from daycare for 2 days because he had a high fever, then once he was feeling better I took him to daycare and they called me to pick him up once he had only been there an hour or two because he had a full body rash. The fever was the worst part of the roseola, the rash looks terrible but doesn't seem to hurt them.

cx2- enjoy the alone time. You don't want to know how many of my vacation days I used last year just to run errands and go to Costco.

Ernie- I get  queasy a lot, but its more of a blood sugar thing with my PCOS.

Shelbyjo- Good job on the speed workout! I've never taken the stroller on the track, maybe I should. Sometimes I have to add the condiments directly to the food to get R to eat it- he likes salad, and this morning I had to put ketchup on his scrambled eggs to get him to eat it. Ugh, he's just like his dad! My DH is on nights this weekend, so I feel your pain. I will be doing 3 weekends in a row of  solo childcare. DH owes me.

Runnergirl- Sorry R was on a nap strike, that's the worst.

Beckykay- I'll be interested to see what your DH finds out about that job. Good luck finding a summer camp!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- hills are speedwork/strength training in disguise. I run lots of hills/inclines and it makes me so much stronger in races. One of my former running buddies lived in the next town over that was really flat and she would just die when she would run with me in my town, but over time it made her a stronger runner. My early morning RP doesn't do many hills and ends up lagging behind me and regular RP on the hills even though she's faster than us on the flats. I rarely make bread by machine, it turns out better by hand anyways. I used to love going to the laundromat as a kid, lots of rolling carts and magazines to entertain you. Good luck rug shopping, I need to get a couple too since our rental has all hardwood floors. I'm going to buy them at the Home Depot- if you look online they have a huge selection and will ship them to the store for pickup for free. Are you thinking contemporary or traditional style?

For traditional, I like these:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Artistic-Weavers-Amanda-Rust-Wool-8-ft-x-10-ft-Area-Rug-AMN2001-810/202981962

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Artistic-Weavers-Lauren-Ivory-Viscose-and-Chenille-7-ft-6-in-x-10-ft-6-in-Area-Rug-LRN5600-76106/202981750?N=b8pb

For more contemporary, I like these:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Mohawk-Home-Endicott-Shell-8-ft-x-10-ft-Area-Rug-286934/202509105

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Oriental-Weavers-Terrazzo-Brown-6-ft-7-in-x-9-ft-6-in-Area-Rug-349050/203501730

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Artistic-Weavers-Clay-Cream-5-ft-1-in-x-7-ft-6-in-Area-Rug-CLA6601-5176/202983041

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Nourison-Crochet-Light-Ivory-5-ft-x-7-ft-Wool-Area-Rug-122964/203492788

mzm- I love my family, but they annoy me and I'm glad they don't live really close to me. R's Godfather's mom came really close to buying the house next door to him and he was in a full on panic because he just had these visions of his life being like Everybody Loves Raymond. I'm glad you guys are starting to turn the corner with your illness, there is nothing worse than having an energetic toddler/kid who is over being sick when you still feel like you want to curl up and die.

Marathonjen

Spike - Great job on the run yesterday!!  I hope you can get a lot more packing done this weekend despite DH being on nights.  Nice that R's godmother can help you out with daycare Friday and Monday.  DH and I just said that we need to find and utilize a baby sitter regularly.  I think 10Ks are the hardest race.  I would do more speed work then tempos...but that is my preference.  I tend to run them like a 5K...but they are twice as long so speed is so important.  I also never feel like I have enough time to get in a groove.  J never had a fever, and has had Roseola before, so I am pretty sure it is not that.  I have no clue what is causing it but just glad that he doesn't seem to be bothered by it.