Womens Running

In the throws of Thursday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

Not sure if that is the correct "throws" for the saying.

Link to runwoodstock  It is Sept 5-7.  Majority of events on Saturday the 6th.  Half is $59 through end of 8-3. Full $74.  5 mile $39.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lisa whatever "thr" you want to use will be ok with us. 

Wednesday I did an errand at lunch and took a walk. It’s unusually cool here this week. Perfect for taking a walk.

Track run was 35 minutes and harder for the first 20 minutes. It got easier as I went on.

I plan another walking errand at lunch, then a track run.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

My legs ache some this morning, must be the after effects of my "fast" 4 miles yesterday, LOL!  What a wimp!  Anyway, I overslept , so no run for me this morning.

Karen...no rest days for a month?  I would never make it.  Glad you are feeling better.

Susan...nice pictures.  You will do great with the marathon and it will be great to have Lisa there to cheer you on!

Cindy...I read your posts on FB...your boys crack me up.

Judy....I don't enjoy the cool weather in July...our summer is so darn short that I hate to see any days wasted with cool.  The majority of people do not agree with me though.  I frequently take a walk during my break at work.  I think we are getting the names of the candidates for our new director this morning!  It is scary and exciting.  There are several people that we are all hoping applied for the position.....people who have worked at our library before and left under not so good circumstances from dealing with our current director.   We shall see.....

Lisa....I have seen lots of bunnies on my runs, but never a deer!  Poor thing must have been confused?

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

4 miles...chilly one this morning

Lisa - thanks for starting us off, you can spell it any way you want!

Judy - cool here too, perfect temps in the afternoon!

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

Yestreday's rest day was much needed. Legs feeling much better today. Although I've noticed since I've started this plan that I don't walk nearly as fast to and from the train station as I used to, so I guess that cumulative fatigue thing is happening. Tonight I will attempt to run 10 w/ 6 at MP. Should be interesting since I struggled so much at MP minus 10-15 seconds for just a mile and a half at a time on Tuesday. Today's weather is so much better though, that should help.

As for the plan, it's actually 2 months without a rest day. Although I will be taking one or two next week since I'm doing a 6-hour race on Saturday. And if I feel like I need one, I'll just blow off the Wednesday 5-6 mile recovery run (to be run 2 minutes slower than marathon pace, so definitely recovery). The plan is a higher mileage Hanson plan. It's basically 3 weeks of mileage in the low 50s, 3 weeks in the 60s, 3 weeks in the 70s, then three weeks taper to the marathon. I think the first week of 70 miles ends with a 20 miler the weekend we go to Houston to look at houses. That should be an interesting run, and an eye-opener into what I'm getting myself into.

Judy, I'm glad you found your bread.

Susan, first marathon - exciting!

Lisa, looks like a Woodstock gathering may be coming together. You guys will have fun.

Ginny, I haven't been complaining (too much) about the hot, humid summer days, but I will say I'm enjoying this cool front. Lows in the 80s the rest of the week and most importantly, lower humidity. I hope the new director is someone good!

Tessa, I'll swing by runango. I need to remember my password......

Annoyed with DH last night. When the Washington Monument reopened this spring, I looked at the calendar and picked a date that there was no bicycle racing or running racing going on and ordered tickets to go up in it, which is this coming Sunday. I told DH I did this, because we should be tourists a little before we leave here, and he thought it was a great idea. I reminded him of it a few days ago because the forecast was saying it might rain. I mentioned it again last night and got an "uh-oh" in response. He forgot and was thinking of going out to Skyline Drive and riding with his friends that day. The same people he rides with most nights after work and every Saturday and Sunday. And I know these guys, if they had plans with their wives, they would a) remember, and b) say sorry I'll miss it guys, but I've got plans with the wife. Why do I get the most selfish of the bunch, that would apparently rather hang out with his friends than spend one day with me?

Hi to all.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Sorry, work has been hectic and I seem to always be here only every other day, grrr.  I have Pilates and 10 miles tonight.  I rode my bike with hubby last night.

Lisa, morning!  I'll check that race out.

Judy, nice track workout yesterday.

Ginny, that's because you were working those 4 hard!

LC Runs, nice run and weather.

Karen, good luck with the MP workout.  And yes, husbands never listen or pay attention.  Sometimes I remind my husband 3 times he needs to find dinner for himself because I have X or something (like an FE).  The day of the FE he is like: but what am I going to do?  You never told me this!  

Damaris

Hey!  Quick run through!  Cool this morning--barely 70F.  Fabulous 6 miles of speedwork with Jeffrey.  He is fast, so if I can keep up with him for several miles I am surpassing my interval goal.  3 miles easy/2 miles marathon pace 9:20/1 mile easy.

Still so incredibly swamped at work.  All I want to do is stay home!

Karen--hope DH comes to his senses!

Have a great day!!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.5. Taking Quincy to the vet at noon. He gets cysts and a few have gotten bigger so need to see if they need to be removed or not. Back later for personals

Marjorie

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

No run for me today. I was running on some trails yesterday and I turned my ankle and went down. The ankle isn't really injured - I was able to finish the run - but it's a bit sore, so I'm taking a better-safe-than-sorry approach. Especially since this is week one of my marathon training. I'd rather miss a 3-miler today than do real damage and miss multiple runs later. I did go out for a walk - like everyone else, we're having cooler than usual temps, and it's beautiful out.

DS1 and DS2 are at sleepaway camp this week, and DS3 is at sports camp in the mornings, so I've had mornings to myself. It's been a nice break! The USATF Masters National meet is in town starting today. I'm going in a bit to watch a friend who is running the 800. On Saturday, I'm volunteering for a shift, so I'll get to see a bunch of races. Should be fun.

Today is my 15th anniversary. Hard to believe it's been that long! We're going out for dinner tonight.

Lisa - congrats on your race over the weekend. The pics were great! My RB and I saw deer on Monday - a mama and two fawns.

Judy - glad the new shoes are working out. I had great luck with the Ravenna 2s, but the later models haven't worked at all for me.

Ginny - you've been having some nice runs!

Susan - I loved the Philmont pics.

Karen - that's a lot of miles. I think my plan tops out at about 40 miles a week - which is good for me; I don't think I could sustain high mileage without being injured. I would be annoyed with DH too if I were you.

Laura - I hope your DD is enjoying camp.

Damaris - yay for the bad guy getting taken away.

Crazysue - it's been great running weather here too, and it's supposed to last through the weekend.

Marjorie - I hope Quincy's appointment goes well.

Off to do a bit of work before I head to the track meet.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Ginny-I've seen many a deer on my runs which is surprising since I live 1 mile from the city of Detroit border and many miles from the outlying end of suburbia.  There is a creek/river that runs through with forest narrowly running alongside.  that's where the deer and coyotes live.  never more than a 1/4 mile at the most in width though.

Karen-I did an 18miler in Houston before my first full.  also in August.  I had reached out to a local run group and found out that they left from JambaJuice at The Woodlands mall so I ran with them.  Well, with one of them. The rest were your speed.  Bring a headlamp.  You'll need it to run pre-dawn. Hold fast to the "I have purchased tickets" line and make it a non-bargainable one.

Damaris-it is the same weekend as Sawtooth so Katie will be at that.  You're welcome in the "inn".

Sue-good run!

Cindy-rest, ice, compress, elevate.  You know the drill.

Rode the stationary bike for an hour at the gym this morning.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ginny I've seen lots of deer. I've scared some early in the morning when running. I'm in the city limits but there is a huge swampy area and woods around us. We get lots of wild life. Armadillos, wild hogs, fox, birds (including a peacock, geese ducks, heron etc), alligators, turtles

this downed plane is depressing

laura chilly and July do not compute. We had a huge storm here last night but no cooling. Cloudy again so it should rain again

Quincy did good at his appointment.  They drained three of the cysts. Two they did not drain fully as he started to fuss. I'm sure it really hurt having them poking on them. One they will remove surgically in Sept when they are there to board.

Karen  how frustrating. I'd be really ticked if my dh did that.

Cindy happy anniversary. Ouch on the ankle!

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, I would be ticked off too. Does DH have an Outlook calendar you could sync to and put stuff on?

We don't have many deer around here, not enough browse or water, but I remember seeing them all over Rock Creek Park northeast of DC. That's a skinny strip of woods that pokes all the way into downtown Washington.

Ginny, sorry, remembering how much you were looking forward to summer.

Marjorie, poor Hammy. Hope he is feeling better now.

Cindy, enjoy the volunteering and the peace without the boys at home!

Susan, keeping up with a faster buddy is definitely a speed workout.

Lisa, Woodstock sounds like so much fun. Enjoy.

Judy, thinking of you.

Hi Laura and Damaris!

3.2 this morning and that is it for the day. Worked through lunch. Eye doctor this afternoon.

Sorry not to do personals.  Its been a long day, but I did get a new pair of running shoes this morning at the LRS sidewalk sale Smile  That was at 7:30 am... been going strong since. Got in 10+ miles - 3 with a RB (Lisa, the friend you chatted with who had knee surgery) and 3.5 with DH (he walked 3 miles under 20 min pace... yeah I know that is slow, but its a major improvement for him), and 4 running.  First mile was supposed to be a 9:30 pace according to my Garmin. I don't believe it LOL

Well nite all.  Hope all have a great evening.