Womens Running

Rainy Thursday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tessa, my thoughts are with you about difficult days after your loss. All losses are hard for quite a while afterward. Even people who are difficult while they are alive are hard to lose in some ways. But it's good that it is also much more positive and peaceful as you and your family go on.

Wednesday we had storms and then tornado warnings so I went home after tea. It was a good time for an hour of cardio DVD. I try to stay close to home when there are storms.

Today I plan a track run, some cardio, then a possible cookout over at a friend’s house.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I'm very tired. Went to bed early. Today is rest day

Tessa loss is still loss. Glad you all are making it through.

Thoughts to Judy too

and thoughts to everyone else on this day. I'm actually flying today home. I've flown a few times on 9 11. I wear my crystal flag pin   The TSA people always comment on it.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up with a migraine but fortunately working from home, so I was able to take some meds.  I feel better now.  I have Pilates, weights, and 5 miles tonight.

Judy, enjoy the cookout and the track workout.

Marjorie, enjoy the rest day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

It's a clear and chilly morning here. It's pretty and still though with yesterday's rain making the leaves and grass glisten and the sunshine is creating reflections of the mountains on the water.  I ran about 4 with hill repeats.  I'm still slow though. I have a bunch of work I need to do this morning and if I finish, I may run again later since a storm is predicted to come thru tomorrow and Sat.

Marjorie and Demaris, I hope you feel better soon.

Hi Judy and all to follow.

Arimathea

Tessa

Thanks everyone for the reassurance.

Marjorie, thank you for remembering with the flag pin. That was a horrible day.

Judy, wise to stay very close to home when it is storming. Hope it does not rain on your cookout!

Hi Camille, Damaris, and those to follow.

6.2 this morning, a bit longer than usual because I left later -- had to take Guinevere to the spay/neuter clinic. She was not happy at all in the carrier, and even less happy in the waiting room with all the dogs in there. The run was good, up the hill where I fell two weeks ago (no fall this time!). I have to leave early to pick up Gwennie so no lunchtime run.

And that's one job where they have to do creative thinking and do it fast. The receptionists at the spay/neuter clinic are asked for input frequently -- one of the spaces on the intake paperwork is "your dog's breed". Many of the dogs in there this morning were definitely of mixed ancestry and it would be quite a task figuring out what went into the mix. I am not sure "small brown dog" is really a breed.

Glad "domestic shorthair" worked for Gwen, being a cat.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

My head hurts. Maybe that is why I didn't feel like running this am?  Who knows. I'm home. I would have run when I got home but the headache isn't gone even now hours later.

Im on vacation next week so just one more day left for work. Dh and I are going up to Myrtle beach for the week will be nice.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Sorry about the headache, Marjorie!

Tessa, Judy, like Marjorie said, a loss is still a loss.  Keep moving forward.  We are here for you.  Ha, that domestic shorthair is a bullshit category they created for what we call in Puerto Rico satus portorricensis (basically, Puerto Rican stray) but it fits all my cats, even the one with long hair.

Camille, nice hill repeats.

Did Pilates and weights and decide to take a break from running and switch my RD to today.  I noticed that I moved my SRD from last week to last Monday, so I have been running 9 days straight and 70 miles in those days.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Late checkin.

Tessa-thinking of you today. Hugs.

Had Women of Tomorrow refresher meeting. Long day.

Did 45 minutes on the arc rider machine this morning.

Lots of travel coming up. 4 weeks of it. Alternating NY and Chicago. Just a couple of days at a time but each week. Starts next week with NY and career fair at Columbia.

Lisa