Womens Running

First Weekend in January (Over 40) (Read 229 times)

Disney freak

I just messaged my husband to pick up some of the "no pudge" brownies at the store.Big grin

Lisa Marie

• first 5K on 12/8/12 - 39:14
    • first 10K on 1/12/13 - 1:23:45
    • upcoming races: Hypnotic Donut Dash - 1/26, Hot Chocolate 5K 2/9, Rock n Roll half relay 3/24
    • training for Big D half on 4/14
    MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

LisaMarie amazon or running skirts.com have tons of armwarmers and cute ones.  Runningwarehouse also

Marjorie

Ended up going to gym.  Was all set to run outside but nervous about black ice and not crazy about the precip that kept going from very small snowflakes to drizzle.  Would have likely been fine but 35/37 degrees with drizzle and no entry fee.  Pass.  5.5 on the tm then 5.5 on the bike.  I just couldn't take the tm any more but was watching a good movie (didn't see the end tho).

I'm getting so bad at personals and I apologize!

Whoever said that I tackle the hills on trails.. .Ha ha!  I walk the hills pretty much. But even slow going it's a different kind of a workout with each footstep being different from the other.

Ginny-totally hear you on the tm blues.  DH mentioned trying to work a visit to you and a trip to a Cleveland game into a weekend this summer.

Marjorie-sure rub in the perfect weather for your run.  :-)

PSA:

Today is the LAST day for low rate for Detroit Free Press races on 10-20.  Rates go up $25 at midnight tonight. 

I registerd for the full and listed "Molasses" as what to put on race bib.  Hopefully this doesn't mean that I will be last so as not to offend anyone.

Lisa

Hi ladies!  Sorry for being totally absent the whole weekend.  Busy day yesterday volunteering at a local trail race followed by 10 miles on the trail (which was hilly and kicked my butt), followed by grocery shopping and errands (even though I was smelly) and laundry and then early bedtime.  Had to work today but got in a run downtown.  I can't believe it's already Monday again tomorrow.  Sigh.

Will try to catch up with everyone tomorrow!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Arimathea

Tessa

Gatsbybird, I agree...where did the weekend go?

Lisa, sounds a sensible decision to go on the TM if there is a lot of ice and questionable weather.

"Molasses" on your bib? Better than when I told Los Angeles to "just leave it blank" and when I picked up my bib I found it had "BLANK" on it.