Womens Running

Much Shopping Monday (Over 40) (Read 248 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Racers, my heartiest congratulations!  :::bowing down:::

Friday I did 50 minutes on the track.

Saturday was SDO.

Sunday was 60 minutes of cardio DVD *march-run* plus some upper body weights work. In addition, I did a lot of walking with holiday activities.

Today will be a track run, perhaps with Fast Buddy. Tight lips I've always liked this emoticon. It looks as if it's little hands are over its mouth. Big grin

Happy runs, All!   :::hugs:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Morning Ladies!

Found you Smile 

Missed keeping up, tho was able to keep up on FB with some.  Had a great trip but was ready to come home.....Ran once before we left Miami and ran  one very short run/walk night before we came home.  But there was no lack of exercise....we dove 3 times a day, so by the time you get gear on (tank-etc.) and get yourself in the water dive for an hour and then carry the heavy gear back...whew...it is quite a workout!  So 2 weeks without running....yikes!  Am heading out today tho and really looking forward to it!

Will check back later to check in on people.

Carol

camille2

Morning, Judy! 

Having my coffee as usual. BTW, Julia, neat cup from the wedding.

Lisa, thanks for the planning for the virtual run. It sounds good.  I think there is a half here sometime in Feb.  Any word on the autopsy finding?

Tessa, scary about the coyote.  I quit running on the golf course for a couple months last winter after a pack took down a deer there. I don't know if I was being too careful.

Gatsby, sounds like it was a miserable day for a race. Congrats on hanging in there! 

Disney, very nice that you have your house is decorated. I was in the mood before Thanksgiving but haven't been since-maybe this evening.

LisaM, congrats on the smaller pants!

Laura and Karen, I'm again debating the GPS.  I got a steal on a "deal of the day" 410  for $149. I'd just bought the 110 for about $30 more. Both have a HR monitor and are still in the box. I think I'd like  to keep the 410 because it was cheaper and for the features (nerd here) if the bezel isn't a problem. I know both of you like the 110 a lot-that would be the plus for keeping it. Has the 410  been a problem? Unfortunately, I can't keep both.

I ran 16 yesterday.  The trail was nice and the day was gorgeous though warm, but it was a slog for me.  Got it done though!

LC Runs

Hi Ladies, Happy Monday (okay, not so much but what can ya do?)

Slept in this am, may try and get in a short run after work.  Made a good dent in my Xmas shopping yesterday but my brain is buzzing with all that needs to be done this month.  Oh well, I'm sure it will be fine.

Judy - busy weekend for you!

Carol - glad you are back and enjoyed your vacation.  I think I am going to do the Resolution Run on 12/31 (I realized it works with my schedule), are you going to be there?

Camille - wow, great 16!  As far as the Garmin, they are both really nice, I say keep the better deal!

I really missed most of the weekend posts, so hope everyone is doing okay.  I am up for the virtual run, really like the idea of a picture denoting where you ran for Karnel. 

Ugh, off to work....hope it goes quickly!

camille2

Hi, Carol!  Sounds like a great diving trip.

Thanks, Laura!

Ginny, meant to tell you my idea/experiment with the wide shoes was a fail-worse toe pain than usual.  I can't figure out why since they were roomier.  Wearing them made me realize I have no cushioning left in current shoes though. No wonder my legs have complained lately. : )

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Good morning!   

Indoor run with New Buddy this afternoon.  The snow run makes me that much more appreciative of an indoor place to run!  I do have to add... I wish it worked like the skating rink, where every now and then someone would blow a whistle and change the direction people are running! 

Catching up on Personals from yesterday - 

Tessa - 20 miles... AWESOME.  I can drive 20 miles Smile  And I always suspected that you were the "disturbing the peace" kind of chick! 

Cindy - great race report.  I was feeling the hills for ya.  The Ninjabread cookie sounds like fun for kids!

Camille - what a wonderful way to think about my snow run - training for mental toughness.  I'll take it!  Thanks for the heads up on the Garmin 410.  I'll look for the deal to roll around again.

MMR - love the funny shaped pancakes.   You TM description sounds pretty tough.  You called it a "Yasso" repeat.  Is that specific type of workout.

Julia - funny thing, I don't even eat candy.  But having my hands in all that candy was tempting at first... but by the end of evening, it turned my stomach a bit! LOL   Thank for the encouragement on the snow run!   Thanks for the RR on your 16.  I'm assuming that ankles are intact after the cobblestones!  

Mornin' Judy and LC! 

Carol - Glad you found us!

Have a great day!  Off to a meeting about Problem Gambling Prevention in Albany today.  

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Good morning. I had a busy weekend (had to work both Sat and Sun mornings) so I didn't really get near a computer. Well, I did after my run Saturday afternoon because it was the first time I used my new Forerunner 110! I downloaded the Garmin connect software and uploaded my run onto my logs in Daily Mile and here. I am such a pro! Fortunately, it was a gift from someone who got a newer Garmin and wasn't using  it, so I got it used. But it seems to be just fine.

5.55 this morning. A little warm for December, even for here, 50 degrees.

Linda, I agree we should make firmer plans for our race. I was going to say let's get it down before I leave for Israel on Dec. 23, but I like Lisa's suggestion of doing it on Karnel's birthday. 

Lisa-Marie -- you will rock that 5K.

AmyD -- so glad you are back running! Let me know if you want to meet for a run. Though you are much faster than I am.

Karen -- WOW! Shocked 1:40 is amazing. As is 3rd in your AG.

Cindy -- I would love to run a 1:58 half! Great job!

Welcome, Gatsby! Sorry you had such miserable weather for CIM. 

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Crap.  Lost my post.

Friday night we drove to Bogue Chitto State Park in Louisiana for the Q50 Midnight Trail Half Marathon.  Got there at dark and set up the tents.  Check-in was at 9:00 pm, and we were the only ones there......  Returned at 11:30 and there were about 140 runners.  I think the Tulane cross country team was there.  There might have been two other runners over 40 besides us, but that is ok.  We started at the back and stayed together for about the first five miles, then broke into pairs.  The terrain was much hillier than we thought it would be.  Ran across several wooden bridges, along a river and across the bottom land.  It was really beautiful, moon was full.  It was misting the whole time and the mist droplets looked like a blizzard in the headlamp.  Second loop I tripped over a root and wiped out.  Then my partner got sick from the hammergel and we had to stop for a few minutes.  Started misting harder.  Temperature really started dropping.  Had to walk up some of the last hills, and realized as we got close to the finish we couldn't hear the PA system.....did they all go home???  So glad to cross the finish line.  Everyone was inside, most of the food was gone, awards were already given out.  Apparently they just gave awards for the 7 mile, go figure.  The "finishers medal" was a one gallon azalea donated by a nearby nursery.  I ended up with four since no one wanted to bother with them.  Got back to camp at 0430 (so I had been up for 23.5 hours now...) and slept for four hours.  Had a nice camp breakfast and packed up.  Already planning to camp the weekend for the next race in February.  That race begins at 7:30 pm, much more humane time.

WOW KAREN!!!!!  Fast time!!!

Camille--we should get together one day and quilt.  I am an addict.

Have a great day!

Linda

Goodmorning ladies:

I just purchased an ad free subscription. I took the day off to see my son's DARE graduation. He wrote the winning essay.  With the whole day off, I should be able to get a run in.

Judy: I didn't notice "mighty mouse" before. I like it Smile

Carol: It is nice to stay some place, fun, long enough to want to come home. Welcome home.

Camille: I haven't used my heartrate monitor in years, but, just recently, I decided to use it in training. Maybe it would be nice to keep the option open. Both garmin's are nice. You can't really go wrong.

LC: Christmas can be really stressful--so many things to do. It always works out though.

Julie: I always reverse directions after a few intervals when I'm on the track. The local highschool track is usually pretty empty. I wonder if there is an established protocol for which direction I should be going.

Amy: I think the shelf life on a Garmin 3 years. I'm pretty sure Marjorie said it is the max on the battery. If your Garmin gives out after a year or 2, you can send it to Garmin, and they'll send you a refurb for $85. It would still be a great deal.

Sue: The race started out sounding so fun. I can live with no race medal, but no food. That is when I get really annoyed. Why do I care about a banana and a half of muffin? I have no idea Smile

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Linda

Is there a spell check somewhere that I am missing?

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hey all!

10.3 for me this am.  Not too bad a run.  I was so busy yesterday afternoon.  Apparently I didn't get the memo that one should rest after a super long run.  But II did get the house all cleaned up, the laundry done, stripped and put fresh sheets on the bed, finished up the yard work, took all the broken down cardboard boxes over to the recycle center, decorated the inside of the house including putting up the tree, wrapped DH's presets and did all the Christmas cards.  

Quincy has some kind of cut or something on his ear.  I think he scratched it and maybe scratched a little too hard.  It was bleeding a bit so I cleaned it well.  He keeps shaking his head.  Silly boy.  

Lisa I like your ideas for the virtual race for Karnel.  Even if we do the same distances it won't matter since we are in different areas we all win our age group!

Nice work outs Judy.  Glad I don't have to go shopping.  The post office was pretty busy today when I stopped to mail the card to my friend in Scotland.  

Carol your trip sounds great.  Saw some of the pics on FB

Tessa I'd freak out if the coyote was by me.  

Camille I love my 110 and 210.  But I don't need lots of info for my runs so they work for me.  But I'd keep the better deal one too.

Hey Laura and Julie

Sue score on the plants

Linda no spell check .  Most browsers have it so it isn't on here

Marjorie

Gattsby saw the terrible weather at the CIM.  UGH

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

No workout this morning because of another airport dropoff. This time it was raining. Fortunately Sis wanted to go into arrivals because it's downstairs and therefore covered, there was a line to get into departures that we wouldn't have seen until we were committed to the departures area.

I will run at lunch.

And not happy. I was so good all week. Exercised, ate well, avoided bad foods, stayed well within my daily points plus activities, didn't even touch my weeklies -- and I was .2 up. Not FAIR.

Camille-I haven't asked Bill .. don't really want to ask him. Pain is under toe area or what? missed it sorry. When I started running I was buying size 7 shoes. Went to 7D, then 7.5, then 7.5 D. Broke down and the last 2 pairs are 8D and work great.  Loving my Brooks Ghosts for the forefoot cushioning but yet some firmness in the heel so I don't feel like I'm running in Earth Shoes.

Sue-I love night runs.. not sure why but I love the pacing that I've done. I guess it's just different enough.

Linda-we don't care if you mispell something.. hope you feel the same. LOL

Tessa-did you have a couple of quarters in your pocket? .2 not much. Maybe exhale next time first. :-)

REst day for me since I did 13.1 on Sat and 9 miles of Yasso repeats on Sunday.

Still can't get the picture thing to work for me.

Loved this quote from Ultrarunners Annoymous Facebook page:

"The more of us that do it, the harder it is for them to dismiss us as just a bunch of really weird people. Especially when we otherwise appear so normal."
                              - Dan Hawthorne

Also this one:

"There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing."
                              - Ben Zander, according to aspiring ultrarunner Sophia Lewis

Lisa

Lisa--great quotes!

Linda--they had the last of cold pasta salad and some chips and cold drinks.  It's cold, people!!!  Where is the hot food?????

I had been up almost 24 hours straight by then and was quite bit*hy.  The guy who ran with us reminded me to find "my happy place".  

Do like the azaleas though.  Been planning a back yard re-do.