Womens Running

Thrilling TUESDAYS (DAILIES) (Read 22 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

So thrilled it's Tuesday....not really.

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

7.2 for me! Gym tonight. I usually do Body Pump on Tuesdays but I am getting bored with that. Will probably do a little cardio and free weights!

Meh run today. It seemed harder than it should have been. low 40's...not too bad. Going to be 66 today! Crazy weather.

I was contemplating life on my run this morning. Don't we all? Haha. Wish I could find another job..one that I look forward to going to! Which actually was this one until Mammel got promoted. Slim pickens' in the job market around here. I wish I could make a living waiting tables. That was fun to me. I worked in a high end sushi restaurant and would bring home $200 a night most nights. More on the weekends. I did it as a second job a few years ago. I miss that sometimes..only downside with that is you have to kiss goodbye weekends and holidays!

Tessa – Nice treadmill run! So I guess you like the new program?? Holy crap on the sign!!

Run4kupcakes – Spin workout on your own? That takes some discipline! I actually used to do that at my previous gym. They had some fancy bikes and you could follow a program it had. I don’t think my gym now has that. We are having the SAME EXACT weather! Nothing significant with the snow for us, but I don’t mind seeing it! I actually think I may be running in it early Friday. Humidity is bad today..my hair says so. On those cars that park themselves..I DON’T TRUST THEM. I hardly trust my backup camera!

Sandy - You are AWESOME! Thanks again!! HCBF took some of it to work today Smile

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

Tessa and Karen--I remember that run.  I think we just stopped some guy on the trail and asked him to take our pic.

No run this morning.

While I was gone, DF wrapped Christmas presents.  We put up the tree Sunday, and he put the presents down.  While we were at work yesterday morning, Skye unwrapped and ate an entire pound of chocolate covered coffee beans.  She was SICK SICK SICK all over the house. She was definitely in distress (her heart looked like it would explode, it was beating so hard) so I took her to the emergency vet an hour away.  Our vet didn't have what was needed to treat her. Poor girl.  She was really a sick puppy.

Around 8pm I called to check on her.  The vet called back and said she was much better, and was barking non stop bc she wanted out of the crate. She had to wear the cone of shame bc she took her IV out twice. Come get her! We got home around 11pm, and she was still quite wired.  She finally calmed down -- I basically rocked her to sleep.  Silly dog. She's feeling much better this morning.

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Monday I got the soup started in the crock pot, then ran out the trail for 50 minutes. I haven’t spied any deer so I am venturing out farther. There are lots of trees around which to run if I have any trouble. It was a great run. I hadn’t realized how much I would miss the trail.

Today I plan a park run. Rain should stop pretty soon. Then I’m off to the library to make copies and pick up books.

Safe and happy runs, All! 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Good Morning, glad we are on to Tuesday.

3.5 on the TM this morning.  I didn't sleep well, and have that heavy, tired feeling.  Doesn't help that it is gloomy, gloomy here, bleh.

Kupcakes - they likely wouldn't let you use the park assist; when DS took  his test I asked the guy about using cruise control and he said that is considered assisted driving so they can't use it. I"ve never had a car with the park assist, I would likely find a way to screw it up LOL.

LIzzie - It sucks when you get that sinking feeling going to work, I have it sometimes but it's usually more in the winter.  I just am more anxious thate dealing with bad weather and crabby people LOL.  Any hope of Mammel moving on somewhere else?  TWD was boring last night, they need to kill some of these people off of the show.  My favorite is Carol, I'm glad she's back to being a bad a$$  ha ha!!

Sue - awww, glad the puppy is feeling better, that sounds scary!  You have a good DF, he sounds very organized!

Judy - what kind of soup did you make?  I am getting a pressure cooker for Xmas and can't wait to make soup in it, it only takes a few minutes!!

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie, I know you are north of me so why on earth is it 32, feels like 23 here!  High is supposed to be 49.  Race weather: partly cloudy, 26/42 with 12 mph nw winds.

Sue, poor Skye, good thing the vet could treat her as I have heard chocolate can kill them. I think a whole package of choco covered coffee beans might kill me...glad she's better.

Has anyone read about the fires in So Cali?  Are Margaret or Tessa in that area?

Wish I could get to the library like you do Judy, have a lovely time.

I got my birthday goodies in yesterday, rower is now up at the little house waiting to be unpacked and set up, socks are ready for a test run, the speed goats however may be sent back.  They are a little snug, even at the size up I normally order running shoes in.  I've loosened the laces some to see if that helps. I'm wearing them at work today even tho they are trail shoes just to see how they are with everyday stuff.  I've gotten used to the Altra roomy toe boxes and this feels weird.

Hi to everyone.

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Morning all.

Lizzie, bummer your run was just meh.  Continued good luck with the job/hunt.  I can't figure out how to use my backup camera in my car.  I mean I get the concept, but I just don't trust myself.  Old school.

Sue, EEEK on the pup.   I bet she was freaky, both chocolate AND coffee, wheeeeee.  Poor girl.  As long as it is caught early, all usually turns out well.  I was telling someone yesterday, when pups eat chocolate, you make them vomit.  And over the years I found that mint chocolate was the least gross.  Ahh, minty fresh.  Sorry....

Judy, I broke the ceramic insert/bowl thingie on my crockpot.  Found just the liner to buy, but didn't buy it and now it is out of stock.  Guess I will just get a whole new one.

Laura, I didn't sleep well either.

Diane, pups have to eat a fair amount of chocolate for it to be fatal.  Milk chocolate is the least toxic and by far the most common, dark in the middle, and bakers unsweetened chocolate is actually very toxic in small amounts.  Most of the time dogs eat chocolate covered something.  Like milky ways.  Very little chocolate actually.

Feel like a a mack truck hit me this morning getting up.  Apparently I didn't sleep well.  Dropped Katie off at the vets this morning and she is already done.  Wont get answers for a few hours??  They are being sent to a radiologist for review.

Got my tattoo done yesterday, cherry blossoms on my inner forearm.  I am kind of meh on it currently.  It is "done" but we are going to put more details and depth to it another time, the big central flower is just flat.  I was utterly DONE with it at the 3 hour mark - my pain threshold was shot.  Actually I was there at 2 hours, but soldiered on.  Tattoo guy was a bit of a loon.  Just went off on politics and a few other things.  Nice guy when he wasn't being crazy!!!  My internal monologue was going nuts - "this guy is batshit crazy!!"  Lots of nodding.

No run, just beat.  Supposed to go for dinner tonight with the ladies at work, I have a feeling we won't.  Today happens to be my bday, and I no longer desire big dinners or parties, rather sit at home on my duff with a glass of wine.  Unfortunately no This is Us tonight..

OK, off to rescue my poor kit kat.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

dhuffman63

Trails

Happy Birthday Kat.  Didn't know that about chocolate.

Hi Laura!

I did get 30 min on the TM and some core/yoga done too.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

3.25 mi on the TM this morning.  I wasn't sure if I was going to run today but I woke up at 5:00 so I figured I might as well do it.    I didn't sleep well, thunderstorms and high winds last night.  It is 30 with 40+ mph winds today.  Brisk!  I decided to take a chance and sign up for a race, the inaugural running of a 14 miler on Aug 4.  It is touted as the only 14 mile race in the US.    Usually I am wary of inaugural races, but it is the same group that do the Winter Run Series and they are taking over for an established half marathon on the same route.  I figure that even if I do it as a training run it's an automatic PR.    I've never run in that area and it was only $45.

Lizzie, 7.2 miles of meh is still 7.2 miles.    Ha, since I haven't run long in awhile I haven't really contemplated life lately.  You enjoyed waiting tables?  I never did that, though my parents had a carry-out Chinese restaurant and I started working there when I was about 8.  Food service is not my favorite thing.    What did Sandy give you?    DD spent about $23 at Burlap and Lace, she got some earrings, a couple really cute hand painted rocks, a hand painted ornament, nail polish, and a bracelet.  She wrapped them up as soon as we got home.  She is really on the ball.    I got a cute sweater dress for $49, I think I can wear it to my company Christmas party with some leggings and boots.

Sue, oh no, poor Skye!  I'm glad she is feeling better!

Laura, you didn't sleep well either?  At least the sun came out here.  Hope it comes out for you too!

Diane, I read about the fires this morning.  I think Margaret is just south of San Fran.  Not sure about Tessa.  Nice that the bday goodies came in!

Kat, happy birthday!  More than 3 hours with a loony tattoo artist?  I can see how that would test your pain threshold!    I like the cherry blossom idea.  Hope you hear some good news about your kitty!

Karen, ha, nice photo!

Tessa, hope you are far away from the fire!   The Ice Age trail does go through Devil's Lake, so you may have been on part of it!  I think it also goes just north of Eau Claire.  Eau Claire is over 3.5 hours away from me, I am just west of Milwaukee.  I went to a wedding there many years ago.  I took my bike and rode on a bike trail.  Have you tried the "pasta" from Explore made out of lentils?  They sent me a couple boxes to try.  The black lentil pasta was a little strange but the red lentil penne was pretty good.

Cathy

Anonymous Guest

Lazy morning here. A storm front is making its way through and then temperatures are supposed to drop about 15 degrees, so I'm waiting to run until this afternoon. DH is at the office again today and has a dinner tonight! Catching up on the last two episodes of This Is Us this morning, then will do something yet to be determined after my run this afternoon.

Liz, I wish your job didn't suck so much. You have so much to offer and it sucks that you are stuck where you are.

Susan, how scary with Skye! Between the chocolate and the caffeine, your poor girl must have been wired. And sick.

Judy, enjoy the run and the library.

Laura, sounds like a blah day. Then again, after all your work drama lately, maybe a blah day isn't so bad right now? Good you got the TM run in!

Diane, hope the shoes work out. The Hokas that I wore the last couple years had a nice big toe box. When they stopped making that version, I tried a couple other of their shoes and none of them worked for me. I've always been an online order kind of person, but I will say it's nice to have my local connection now. I'm there every Saturday anyway and they bring me shoes to try on whenever I ask and then sell them to me at a discount. I've gotten kind of spoiled, I think. I know you don't have a lot of local options for lots of things, so I should probably just shut up about it.

Kat, picturing somewhat crazy guy giving you a tattoo. Don't really want to disagree or "poke the bear" when he's giving you a tattoo! Happy Birthday!

Cathy, 14 mile race sounds cool. As I was reading that, I immediately though automatic PR! That store sounds pretty awesome, and glad DD found so much stuff there.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Kilmisters

I did it! Omg. The request from CEO forwarded by my boss. This absolutely has to be the biggest, most important report I've created. Ever. Huge both in terms of scope and importance. Worked till 3am on Sunday, then 8am-5am last night; 8am-5pm today. So combined 7hrs of sleep last two nights. Was barely putting words together when explaining the file over phone to boss today. The deadline was tomorrow early morning and I am really happy I won't have to work another night. Running on no sleep isn't wise, but after 3 days of nothing but Excels I need it.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

Arimathea

Tessa

Sue, poor Skye! Not that this adventure will teach her not to scrounge anything edible. Glad she will be OK. And I hope DF learned something too -- do not leave any edible presents under the tree where a dog can find them.

For those who asked about the Southern California fires, they're a couple hundred miles south of Margaret, no worries there unless they have a fire in her area I haven't heard about. The Ventura one is about 40 miles west of where I live, down the Santa Clara River Valley, started in Santa Paula and the winds are blowing west so it's headed for the ocean. Unfortunately there are a lot of houses in the way. This is where the Ventura Marathon runs. There's also one in Sylmar which is about 10 miles south of me and which is much more worrisome, it's just south of where the Sand fire took out a lot of the brush the summer before last so there isn't much to burn but if it does go north and burns through previously burned area that is really bad for the soil. That whole area has burned over the last 15 years in various fires so I hope it doesn't get hit again.

Liz, would you consider relocating for the right job? Would HCBF's job move him? I would suggest looking on USAJobs for possibles, though federal hiring is iffy right now.

Judy, envisioning you running around and around a tree with a deer chasing you...not that I wish that on you but the visual is funny.

Laura, I think you're right, no assists like cruise control. Do they make the testee turn off the backup camera?

Diane, you might need them another half size up, worth trying, if not then they're probably not shaped correctly for your foot. Be glad we live when we do. Apparently it was the mid 1800s before they started making right and left boots for soldiers in the British army.

Kat, if you are in the market for a replacement crockpot or at least the liner, I would suggest Goodwill. If you want a new cooker, you might want to check out the Instant Pot which does everything a crockpot does and a lot more as well.

Sorry you are not thrilled with the new tat, hope further sessions can make it what you wanted. Do they numb you before starting to do it? I don't have any and am not likely to start at my age.

Happy birthday! Get yourself a glass of wine and see what else you can find to watch that you enjoy.

Cathy, interesting that they are making a half a 14 miler. Is there something very scenic at the halfway point if it's an out and back?

Thanks for the info on the Ice Age trail. I am not sure if DWD actually went on it or not -- some of the "trails" looked like a person had ridden a motorcycle through the tall grass and poison ivy and called it good.

No, haven't tried that pasta, I may look for it. WW has some weird "noodles" that are made out of indigestible fiber so they have few calories, but I'm not inclined to spend a lot of money on them. If I'm going to buy something with no nutritional value I want it to taste good!

It is your DD who likes horchata, correct? Have you seen the mixes to make it at home?

Karen, age old question, why can't the shoe companies leave well enough alone?

Bust of a run this morning. I figured it was going to be bad when my vest nearly blew off. Horrible gusts of wind. I got less than a mile and turned around, with a bit of a detour on the way home, calling it 2 miles. The cats don't like the wind either.

Seloc

Happy Birthday, Kat!!

Congrats, Elina!!  That is HUGE!!

Cathy - OMG the winds are insane.  Glad you didn't get the snow and ice.  Great deal on the 14 mi!  Love the automatic PR.  And I'm stoopidly thrilled it is the "inaugural".  I keep seeing events being touted as "first annual" and it drives me batshit crazy LOL  Hey, you did more on the ol' dreadmill than I managed today - high five!!

Lizzie - like Cathy said, 7.2 meh miles are still 7.2 miles!  I, too, hate that you are in such a miserable work place.  I have never worked in the service industry.  I can see how you would be good at it!!  Hang in there and keep your eyes peeled.  I'm a firm believer in good things happen to good people.

3mi on the dreadmill (felt like 20 - oof I hate that thing) and Muscle Mix class.  2 inches of snow overnight that started as rain made a HUUUUGE mess of the roads.  Layer of ice covered by a dusting of snow.  Temps in the teens means the salt/sand doesn't work that great.  Traffic maps were all red by 5:20 this morning.  Thank goodness for WFH!  Which meant I went to the gym a little later with all the retirees and stay at home moms.  LOL.  Only useless colleague is in the office since he's in VA so it's been non-stop craziness.  Other two aren't even working - said they are dealing with weather issues.  Not sure what that means but whatever.  Waves to everyone else for now - best get back to the emails and IMs.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

This day is dragging. SO SLOW HERE TODAY.

Remember that complaint I made a few weeks ago? Well, that contractor's HR called me and talked to me. Said they would take care of it. Interesting because this gentleman has NOT stopped. Still comes in my office and still says weird comments to me when I am walking around the building. So, my companies HR calls me and says that this entire situation was handled the wrong way. The contractor's HR was supposed to contact my HR and blah blah. A huge mess. I have a conference call at 2 to discuss. Not sure what will happen now. But I will say, what is the point of making a claim if nothing is ever done? A coaching session? This is this guys 3rd "coaching session" and he still has a job? I could file complaints about A LOT of people but I never do. It doesn't matter! Nothing is ever done. Just a waste of time on conference calls telling your story a million times. Rant over.

Susan – OMG on Skye!!! I am so glad she is okay! My cousin’s dog did that exact thing but didn’t make it Sad So glad she is feeling better and is okay.

Judy – Have a good run today!

Laura – Nice run this morning! I am having that same tired feeling today too. I have had it all week actually. Blah. Hope I am not coming down with something! We caught up on TWD last night. Well, we watched a few episodes we missed but not last weeks. I won’t rush it if its boring. LOL. Vanderpump rules started again last night! I am anxious to get home and watch it!

Diane – Woohoo on birthday goodies!! Can’t wait to hear how you like the rower. I think they are hard! Hope the shoes work out..sometimes they just need some time to loosen up.

Kathryn – Happy Birthday!!!!! You got a tattoo for your birthday!!! Sounds pretty! I need to see a photo Smile I hope you do whatever you want tonight – even if that means just staying at home with some wine!

Cathy – Nice run this morning! You are right – might as well if you were up. Thunderstorms in December? Strange. I think we are getting some of that rain/winds that you were getting tonight. I have a feeling its going to be a rainy run tomorrow. Woohoo on the race sign up! $45 isn’t bad at all. Awe, DD is so sweet. My kind of girl – getting it all done! She was probably super excited to buy something on her own and gift it im sure. I enjoyed waiting tables because it is FAST paced. I am really good at multi-tasking and that job is all about multi-tasking. Sandy sent me gloves and toffee!!! She is so sweet. I think HCBF stole it and took it to the beach with him. OOO what does the sweater look like? My cousin is getting married 12/30 and I have been trying to find a dang dress for it. I ordered one on Macy’s yesterday. I am hoping that it looks good..but I may have to suck it up and go to the store to try things on. Sigh. The one I ordered is cobolt blue with flared sleeves at the end. I thought it would look good with HCBF’s grey suit.

Karen – House to yourself for 2 days? WHAT? Hahaha. Hope you have a good run this afternoon!! You should have ice cream for dinner. You know, I haven’t wanted to admit it..but nowadays I don’t really mind HCBF being gone during the week. Well, sometimes I don’t like the 5 nights thing..but when he is gone for 2 nights..PERFECT. I am going to start my Christmas baking while he is gone this week.

Kilmisters – CONGRATS!! WOOHOOO!!! I hope you have some beer tonight! Great news and great job!

Tessa – Of course I would relocate for another job. Only North though Smile Not PA or NY…but I would go to MI, WI, SD, ND…HCBF’s job would move him but he is a mommas boy and doesn’t want to be far from home Smile I think if it came down to relocating..he would support me. I make quite a bit more than he does.. when the beach thing was happening – it didn’t make sense to move there. No way he could support me trying to find a job on his income! Oddly enough, there is a new opportunity for him here in Richmond. Things aren’t solidified yet..but if so he will get a 25% raise!!! We are hoping it works out. Bummer about the run!

Snady – SNOW!!!!! Lucky you Smile Geez, I can imagine that the roads were a mess. Muscle Mix class..what was that about? Nice job on the treadmill!! I am trying to remember the last time I was on one..maybe a year? I am considering buying one though. I am jealous you are working from home.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Seloc

Lizzie - hey, don't forget to add MN to your short list of states to relocate to!  Ha ha - teasing.  Yeah, it had been a year or more since I'd been on a dreadmill as well.  And, you know what?  It's the same haha.  I am very grateful I get to WFH.  Without going into a boring history of my career choices, I was not able to for a couple years a couple years ago and it was pretty awful.  Especially since I had been used to the freedom.  But, worked my tail off and I'm back to the flexibility I so appreciate.  Man, that SUCKS about HR not doing anything.  SUCKS.  Keep reporting is all I can say. Bummer Ruger buddy's pics didn't turn out. Oh, Muscle Mix is just an all body workout with circuits using a combo of hand weights, bands and body weights.  It isn't super challenging (mostly, I think because of the age of the participants at that time of day) but it's decent.  And, I like the instructor.  Oh, and from yesterday - I do have a spreadsheet on my fridge but these next two weeks before MX Tue-Thur are blank LOL.  Mostly because I couldn't decide what to put in there so I will just write in what I do.  This nasty cold weather and wind (single digit windchills) are supposed to last the next couple days so tomorrow I plan to go to spin and Thurs I might try this yoga class or hop back on the dreadmill.  What are you baking this week?  I'm DONE since I did do the toffee hee hee.

Tessa - I saw the news about the new big fire this morning on tv.  Thought of you!  So so scary.  Yikes on all the wind - nice job giving it a whirl this morning.  When I hear it howling I have a hard time getting out of bed!  Freaky about the sign, too!  I keep seeing all the info about the new WW.  I've never done WW so it's hard for me to understand how it works so well without counting calories.  No doubt those 200 "free point foods" have calories.

Sue - super scary about Skye!  Glad she's okay.

Kat - yes, pic of tattoo, please!  I love the inside of the arm placement.  And cherries sound super cute.  Is there any meaning?  I hope the clean it up more to your liking!  Enjoy that wine tonight, girl!  Oh, I've been binging New Girl on Netflix.  It's with Zoey Deschenal and is sooooo funny.

Karen - you are welcome for the cool front haha.  Kidding.  Sorta.    Just means it's frigid here.  Blerg.  Loved the pic yesterday!

Oh, hey, Laura - missed ya earlier.  Add me to the didn't sleep super well crowd.  I blame mine on an extra glass of wine.  Ooops.

I made some roasted cauliflower and tumeric soup last night and it is really good!  Got to use my fancy new immersion blender again haha.