Womens Running

Back at IT Mondays (DAILIES) (Read 17 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! Especially those who had a long weekend Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

8.2 for me. Abs class later this afternoon

Just a reminder - I hate Summer. Nasty humid - 74 dewpoint. Was hoping for some relief this week and we may get it tomorrow. Not by much, but enough to notice. Run was good its just hot.

We got our plans! We are in LOVE. I will have to find a way to post them. Have to email them the OK this morning and see how much our changes will cost. Shouldn't be much. Other than that..work work work work. I have a call at 8. Who does that? Messing up my morning routine!

Carol – I have heard such great things about Detroit Marathon. Its on my bucket list.

Docket – Opps. Yeah, what Margaret said – regarding the link 😊 Ugh, sorry about the run. Yes, good mental practice

Kathryn – YES. Nexguard. New laptop!! Yay! Did you get PC or Mac? Nice job with the miles yesterday, too!

Karen – Thought of you this morning when I was out there slowly dying from heat. Oh yes, can you imagine if we had kids?!  But I completely agree – I love them – but in small doses.

Run4kucapesk – Nice miles yesterday! I am ready for Fall.

Margaret – Nice run and cross training yesterday! You are a badass, really. And then chores and yardwork afterword’s? PSSHH. Yay for cutback time!! Regarding the in-laws – honestly, I think his mom is having a hard time letting go of HIM.

Have a great day everyone!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 6 tonight.

Liz, that website is great, BTW.  And nice run and work work work.  Good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Monday!  Nice long weekend for me.    Took the kids to a small amusement park on Friday, it's in the middle of nowhere.  The kids enjoyed it, it has mini-golf, go-karts, bumper boats, some smaller roller coasters and classic rides like the Tilt-a-whirl and Scrambler.  Short lines for everything.  It was really hot and humid on Friday.  Then it cooled off, it was in the 50's this morning and humidity dropped yesterday (sorry, Liz)!  6 miles on Saturday and 14 yesterday.  Rest day today and some lower body strength.

Liz, yay for the house plans!  I am on a call right now.    I won't tell you that I was a little chilly when I started my run yesterday...   Don't feel guilty about not going with HCF every time.  Set the precedent now.     Nice long run on Friday and miles for the week!

Damaris, enjoy the 6!  Hope the migraine went away.  Nice job getting through a tough run!  Scary about the gas explosion!

Carol, nice trail running this weekend!  Did it cool down for you?

Kat, I hate those bad dreams!  Hope the crab cakes turned out OK.  Congrats on the new laptop.    I kinda need a new iPad.  It's just really old, I can't even update the operating system any more.  Though it works OK for what I need it to do.  So I waffle back and forth on getting a new one!  Nice job on the running and walking this weekend!

Karen, nice job on the hot run!  That does not sound fun at all.  I am jealous of your trips!  Nice that you have neighborhood fireworks.  The kids were not interested in fireworks this year.  That is fine with me.    I took note of all those books!

Lisa, sounds like some fun running that you've been doing lately!    The mosquitoes have been really bad here.  Swarming.

Tessa, nice to see you back and know that you are safe!

Margaret, wow, nice 21+ miles!

Sue, congrats on the AG place!  The medal sounds nice.  I was reading about the algae problem on the Mississippi beaches.

Cathy

I need another day to recover!  Had the family over on the Fourth, then had my running friends over for a going away party for Steve, our "running husband". We also had DGD sleep over Saturday night...I am tired!!

DH was supposed to sail tomorrow, but now is delayed due to the weather system. Yay. Don't want him out on the gulf if there is a storm.

Found out I got third in my AG at the Fourth of July Two-Miler.  My "trophy" is in the mail--cute ceramic fish ornament. Smile

I have been a bum and not done anything since the Fourth.  Guess I will get back on track in the morning.

Liz--I missed something---house plans???  Exciting!!!

Tessa--stay safe!  I need to get water too in case we have power outages from the storm later in the week.

Better get busy. Lots to do at work..

Anonymous Guest

8 miles this morning. I won't bore you with the crappy weather details. i'm planning on getting my long run done tomorrow. Weather will be just as bad, but if I slow down and take lots of walk breaks it should be doable. While I hope to run this weekend, I am not going to plan on a long run. When I got back from my run, I booked a campsite for Brazos Bend for the weekend of the 100. They are pretty adamant on the website that you can't bring an RV and park it in the parking lot. I could probably get away with our van, but figured I might as well not take any chances. It looks like the campsites are maybe 1/2 mile away from the start/finish - thinking once I get everything unloaded at start, I can park it, sleep in it Friday night, and have it available Friday and Saturday night for crew and pacers that need a nap. Might bring my old mountain bike to get from place to place.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Quickie check in...

Lizzie, congrats on the plans!  I got another Mac. Didn't really need it, but hey...

Damaris, have a good run later.

Cathy, keep an eye out on the Best Buy site, I lucked out and got $250 off my laptop - Apple matched the price, plus a few bucks.  Deals are gone today...  Nice chilly run.

Sue, that would be scary to have DH out in storms.

Karen, I am planning on a hotel room Friday night and plan on getting to the race at the ass crack of dawn so we can get parking like last year.  Lots of time to figure it out.

Crab cakes were a fail - operator error.  I read the ingredients, but not the directions.  It had oil listed, but that was for cooking them.  (Who puts the oil for cooking in the list of ingredients for the cakes themselves.). I thought it was mighty strange....  SO, quite soggy.  I will try again at some point.

Super duper late.  Woke up at 4am on the couch, went to bed and woke up at 10am.  I have a work dinner tonight, blech, but I was gently told to go.  At least I get off 2 hours early.  Seems like a nice restaurant as well.  Not sure if it is just our clinic or the surrounding ones as well.  We are a small corporate chain.

Happy Monday folks.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

DH doesn't think they will sail until Saturday due to the storm.  Fine with me. It is a smaller research vessel, so they will play it safe.  Plus--we have been SO busy since he's been home and I know he will enjoy a few days of ordinary life and get to relax a bit.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Cathy –  In the 50’s?! I hate you. 😊 Ugh. So jealous. You had a great run yesterday and now I can see why! 😉 Sounds like a fun weekend with the kids! There are some places like Best Buy where you can buy an “open box” Ipad. They are like new and much cheaper! 😊

Susan – Oh boy! Busy weekend for you! Really cool prize -  nice to have something different 😊 Oh yes, HCF and I are building a house in the middle of nowhere. 😊

Karen – Nice miles this morning. I can only imagine you were slowly dying out there. Smart idea on Brazos! Good luck on the steamy long run tomorrow. I think we have a mild break tomorrow – only 67!

Kathryn – Mac, good choice! I love mine. Oh man, bummer on the crab cakes! I have done that before – read the ingredients but not the directions! Enjoy the dinner! Hopefully its better than the last one 😊

Docket - Good luck on the run tonight.

Have a great afternoon everyone!

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Lizzie, "open box" at Best Buy can mean they leave out important things like the remote, so be very cautious.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training. So sleepy, it was uncomfortably warm in our bedroom last night, so barely slept.