Womens Running

Wonderful Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Great weather is here.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Runnersmom1320, I would suggest getting a very beginning yoga DVD at your neighborhood library. The beginning ones start with breathing deeply, pushing the abdomen out and in using the air. The reason I would suggest the yoga beginning stuff is that it doesn't take very long to get the breathing idea and it is done by instructors who emphasize calmness and relaxation. In other words, you can really get the feel of it by doing just a little of the very beginning. Yoga For The Rest of Us or Peggy Cappy DVDs work very well for this. Yoga teachers also remind about breathing all the time.

Tuesday was another breathing run at the gym for 35 minutes. Today I have a care meeting at the nursing home, then routine eye exam with drops. I'll run or do the cardio thing, not sure which yet. Oh, big crock pot of soup is started.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Happy National Running Day!  Did 2 mile run + 18 mile ride this morning.  I was late late late to work---oh well.  I didn't sleep well and hit the snooze too many times.  zzzzzzzz

I really need to leave work early and grocery shop so I am not late for knitting.  Funny how priorities get skewed.  Almost out of dog food--that is the one thing that drives my grocery shopping.  The "boys" put away some serious chow.

Have a great day!

Photo: Started National Running Day off right!   Two mile run & 18 mile ride :)

Arimathea

Tessa

I take it everyone is out running rather than posting? Wow.

Susan/crazysue, yes, pet food is definitely one thing that we can't run out of. I just stocked up on cat kibble. Fernanda knows there is kibble in the big bag and it is driving her crazy that I haven't opened it yet.

Susan/runningmom, RN = running neighbour. She is not a nurse. She and I have been running together for about 18 months now, she lives in the next block and we didn't realize for years that both of us wanted to run early in the morning.

4 this morning, without RN since it is her weights/gym day.

I'm here!  Not running today even though it's national running day.  Well, maybe I'll run down to my PowerBlast class if I get back from work in time.

<Waving to everyone from my desk>

Back to work. 

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.2. Didn't get the 10 I wanted but that is okay. Legs were just tired.

Tessa nope. Wasn't out running (well this morning) but just really busy with work stuff.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

No running for me sadly on National Running Day. I didn't make it out before my classes started this morning, and just got home from the airport tired. It won't be dark for another 45 minutes or so, but I just don't feel like running. I should since I ate like crap the last two days. The seminar was pretty cool though, and I'm glad I got to go. It was geared towards distributor sales guys, so I learned a lot about what happens in the real world. And this afternoon, we actually installed vinyl siding. It was fun, although it turns out hammering is not really my forte, and I should probably stick with a desk job!

Haven't run or worked out since Monday, so I will definitely be hitting the road after work tomorrow.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

camille2

I'm home at last, home at last, praise God Almighty, I'm home at last!  I think that  phrase is from a gospel song and it kept running thru my mind last night as we were flying in.  It was 1:40 a.m and  there was the clear light blue of the sky, the orange of northern horizon because the sun was just below it and the dark silhouette of Mckinley and Foraker in the distance.  There was just enough light to see the snow on the Chugach Mountains around Anchorage yet it was dark enough for the city lights.  Just a perfect night.  I have to admit,  I was so ready to be here I might have thought that if it had been pouring.

Happy running  day!

sue, at least you have a balanced life And lots of interests.

judy, I'm glad you having great weather. It's about time.

carol, sprint tri's, olympic tri's...all impressive!  Esp after I biked today. I am bad at gears.

tessa, it's hard to believe you have tomatoes this early.

sue, it's hard to believe you would actually plant okra...and that demaris likes it. )

karen, it sounds like you are having a surpringly good workshop. Enjoy.

Hi to everyone else!

Marjorie, when I have wifi again, I'll tell u about my trip to  the Atlanta airport. The car service forgot the appt and picked me up 40 min late, @ 440 pm. I'm 70 miles north of airport so we had to go right thru the city.