Womens Running

Marathon Monday - Supermoms (Read 15 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 4.3 miles with Sam and Amy this morning, as it is Sam's 43rd bday.  My hip still hurts, but less intensely...will still try to go to physio this week.  The only way I can run is if I take 3 ibuprofen beforehand.  DH LOVED his hilly run yesterday and finished with stairs, but complained of knee pain throughout the day.  We went to the same park where he ran later in the afternoon, we were both moaning and groaning like 80 year olds walking up a hill.

KR - totally wore himself out at the playground and helping DH clean out his car that he went to bed around 7:30.  Since it was still light out when he went to bed, he called it naptime and didn't ask for any books.  Still put up a helluva fight when we held him down to cut his fingernails/toenails.

FR - repurposing last night's ham for western omelettes tonight and leftover scalloped potatoes.  I ate 3 of the bacon cinnamon rolls yesterday and will have the last one today.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

E-rain: good luck today!!!

Zorbs: hope you can get to the physio soon for your hip. I like the bday run idea!

RR: bootcamp followed by 6.2 miles this morning. Felt great!

TR: had a great weekend-lots of time outside, at the park, egg hunt, and helping daddy with his room.

NRR: need to run a few errands this morning.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR; Yesterday was 3 miles at the track- 4x400 + 2x100m sprints. Was very happy with my splits of 1:55, 1:57, 1:58, 2:00, and 23+24 seconds on the sprints. If its not too windy today I will do a stroller run.  I think I will actually register for, and train for a race soon!

TR: Had asthma all weekend so we weren't too active. He got so much easter crap from MIL and his godmother that I didn't make him a basket. I did take him to the community egg hunt, which was over in like 30 seconds. Bought a kite at the dollar store yesterday, but he thought it was boring

FR: Yesterday was ham + many fixings. I tried to fill up on vegetables/salad as much as possible, but I still overate. Soo yeah, many many leftovers.

NRR: I am officially too fat for my summer clothes and am growing out of my day to day clothes, so I need to get down to business. DH says he thinks I've never looked better, and I'm not unhappy with how I look in the mirror, but the fit of my clothes is pissing me off. I like having muscles, just need to work on losing the flab that overlays them.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- its a good thing you are training for a marathon with bacon cinnamon rolls lying around! Hill runs are my favorite. Easy run>Hill run>Long run>track intervals>tempo.

RG- what kind of stuff do you do in bootcamp? I'm looking for some HIIT stuff to do 1-2x a week.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - Emma ran her birth year in kms, which would be an awesome idea if we all weren't tapering.

spike - great job at the track! have you tried doing tabata style KB swings?

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I don't know what tabata is, so probably not Wink  The only KB moves I have done are KB swings, goblet squats, and single legged deadlifts.

runnergirl9508

Spike- ha, I actually did a tabata workout with my bootcampers this morning! It's a 20sec work/10sec rest interval, done 8xs, so 4 min total. You're supposed to go HARD for those 20 sec. i typically will do anywhere from 8-12 different sets of exercises. Set 1: KB swings, set 2: goblet squats; Set 3: push-ups; etc. each set lasts just 4 min, which is great if you're looking to only do 20 min of ST. You pick 5 exercises and that's it!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

Spike- ha, I actually did a tabata workout with my bootcampers this morning! It's a 20sec work/10sec rest interval, done 8xs, so 4 min total. You're supposed to go HARD for those 20 sec. i typically will do anywhere from 8-12 different sets of exercises. Set 1: KB swings, set 2: goblet squats; Set 3: push-ups; etc. each set lasts just 4 min, which is great if you're looking to only do 20 min of ST. You pick 5 exercises and that's it!

That sounds like something I can do before work! I will need to buy a KB for home use though, no biggie. I've been doing ST 2x a week- heavy lifting for an hour or so, upper/lower split. Now i need to incinerate the fat off the top.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Booyah, just checked our progress on the trimester challenge at work and so far I'm on tap for 2 $50 gift cards, bossman is working on one other project that he will finish up today that will mean an additional $50. I am going to buy some new running gear with them.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

what is the trimester challenge?

do not buy a POS KB from Target.

superspike113

Honorary Old

what is the trimester challenge?

do not buy a POS KB from Target.

My work splits our year into 3 trimesters (Jan-april, May-aug, Sept-dec) that our bonuses are paid on. Each trimester has a different focus for marketing- trimester 1 is usually tax season/retirement savings.

DH has Walmart kettlebells that he uses for firefighter workouts down at the station and they have held up ok so far. What is a recommended kettlebell weight/brand? The ones at my gym only go to 30 lbs, so I just use the heaviest one.