Womens Running

Grab some NUTS FRIYAY!!!! (DAILIES) (Read 18 times)

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

Thanks Kathryn Smile

October 4 - Milwaukee, WI - 26.2

November 14 - Richmond, VA - 26.2

March 21 - Virginia Beach, VA - 26.2

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

13.2 for me this morning!

This was supposed to be a progression run. The 73 dewpoint told me otherwise. It started raining the final mile - if it had rained the entire time I probably could have gotten some speed in. Too humid to do it otherwise. I was having a hard enough time just keeping my turtle pace! Run was OK..I must have had a nightmare last night because I was real jumpy. Almost pepper sprayed a cat. Scared the crap outta me! Oh well. Its done. I love cut weeks Smile My next one isn't until mid-September. I switched some things around because I have a vacation in September and didn't want to be running long at the beach! Smile

There is no end in sight for us on the weather. Humid, rainy and gross. Have I mentioned I hate Summer?

I have a weird vibe about today. Hmmm...hope it goes fast!

Sandy - Hope you are kicking that LR's butt out there in your DREAMY weather!

Susan – Nice run! Man, stinks to be back to reality but I am glad you had such a great time!!!!

Run4kupcakes – Understand your DH’s pain. I wanted to say the exact same thing!!

Margaret – Did you feel that? I just threw something at you. If I were you, my motivation would need a little rest! LOL. Enjoy not doing much !!! Smile

Happy Friyay!!

Happy Friday!!

Hit the pool this morning.  I need to get back into the groove.

Took today off to catch up on things. Need to change my name w the social security office. Ugh. Can't be as bad as the drivers license place--3 hours!!!! I had to wait 3 hours to get a new driver's license.

Great miles Liz!

Half Crazy K 2.0

CrazySue, I remember social security being way less painful than my driver's license. My bank and cell phone were awful. The bank did say I could mail them the original documents and they would then send them back. Nope, not happening.

dhuffman63

Trails

Lizzie, how many days of speed work do you do?  When I start my "formal 50 mile plan" I'm thinking intervals on Tues and then a hill work day. I have T, W, Th and then Sat and Sun as long run/semi long run days.

HcK, my bank is in San Antonio so that would have been the only way but luckily USAA is pretty good and I just sent in a certified copy of my marriage license.  Drivers license wasn't bad as we are in a small rural area but they only do it on a few days a week.  SS office is in Tulsa so a day trip.

Hi to everyone.  We are heading home around lunch so it's a good day.

Half Crazy K 2.0

DHuffman, I have USAA through my Dad. They were easy, but most dealings with them are incredibly easy.

RTurtles

Running with the Turtles

Happy Friday!  Rest day today, though I should really do some strength tonight.     I start the hill training phase of my plan next week, I am looking forward to doing something a little different!  The first phase, the aerobic phase, was 10 weeks long.  I will have a weekly hill workout as well as the "out and back" (though now it's called a "progress calibration run"), fartlek, easy run, and long run.  The jog is dropped but the mileage decreases slightly.  DD's trail race tomorrow should be interesting, temps heading up as well as the humidity.  This race also has a tower to climb.

Lizzie, nice half marathon this morning!  There is often a cat that watches me in the morning from a driveway while I am running.  I am used to it now, or else I would jump also.     My company "suggests" that we log 25 hours in training a year.  But this year our dept also has a mandatory training series that is at least 50 hours.  The management's opinion is that if you just do your job and are not learning anything new, then you are worse than you were last year.  Like a satisfied customer, few bugs in our software, and super-responsive support is not worth anything.

Sue, hope things go quickly at the Social Security office!

Diane, starting 50 miler training soon... wow.  I am excited for you!

Hi Margaret!  I'm happy that you found something good about getting older.    Maybe I should send you some of my long sleeve running shirts.  I hardly ever have the perfect weather to wear them, it's either too hot or too cold!     Hope you find that goal race!

Damaris, lol on having some drugs that give desirable side effects for once!

Kupcakes, if only we could be honest about our goals, mine mainly being to get my work done well as quickly as possible and go home.  

Sandy, hope the long run went well!

Happy Weekend, everyone!

Cathy

Seloc

Awwww, thanks, everyone!  Long run went pretty okay.  16mi.  The wind has shifted so now Kat and Karen are blowing their humidity up from the south but it wasn't bad.  I wore short sleeves, not long    Plenty drippy, too.  However, now it is pouring like crazy and super duper dark outside.  At least that means the mowers and big machines fixing the road are not out there making noise while I WFH haha.

Cathy - you've been back at it 10 weeks already?  Wow!  Hill training should be a nice change.  I have hills in the first part of my training schedule that I loosely follow.  For me that just means I'll take a hillier route and try to push it up the hill, recover down.  Guess I'm not too serious about things.  Excited to continue to follow your progress.  OMG, I am so so sorry about DD!  Gosh that would be soooo scary.  That is so sweet and super brave of younger DD to take care of her!  Man oh man I would be an anxious mess.  Did you have to call an ambulance or go into the ER?  Ah you had the rec for How To Walk Away!  I'm almost done and REALLY like it!  Funny about What Happened That Night - my library didn't have it so I went to Hoopla.  Tried to download it yesterday but got a message something about my library exceeded the number of downloads for the day or something like that.  I really do not understand this thing.  Anyway, I woke up after midnight and remembered so downloaded it then.  Ha.  I feel like I beat the system    Yes!  Bigger house for you and DH and those adorable DDs and we're movin in haha  Good luck to DD and you tomorrow!!

Diane - nice job getting the miles in while out of town.  Safe travels home today!

Sue - welcome back!!  Glad you get another day to recover and get organized after the honeymoon.  Good luck with the name change!

Lizzie - nice run!  I won't tell you that my dewpoint was about 15* lower.  I don't want you to hurl something at me.    OMG that's a lot of weeks until the next cut back!  Hope you are stocked up on ice cream!  BTW - what's for dinner tonight?  Spaghetti or French toast??    Awww poor kitty kat - glad he didn't get sprayed!!  Hope your weird vibe is nothin.  What's on tap for the weekend?

Karen - awesome 16.3 for you yesterday!!  I only mustered 16   I thought of you this morning when I still had a few miles to go and my legs were feeling tired.  Started whining to myself that it was because I ran 4 days in a row for a total of 33mi.  Then remembered you ran 10mi and then 16+ so gosh darnit suck it up.  And I did 

Gatsby - hey, even the elites take a few weeks off after a big effort and do nothing!  Oh yeah, and I always think of that quote by someone sorta famous that goes something like "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco"

OMG work is redic.  Sleepy coworker has been sleeping all week and boss has been out.  Mostly this can be okay except all the high maintenance customers seem to be out in force!  Let's hope I get out of here on time today.  I need to find some nuts to grab!  Ha ha.  I wish.  Happy Friday, peeps!!

kats

WINE o'clock somewhere!

Lizzie, funny about the cat.  The other day I was still in my neighborhood and a young cat climbed up a tree and was going for the birds, must have been a nest because one of the birds was trying to attack the cat.  I shooed it out of the tree and the bird continued to chase and dive bomb the cat.  Nice miles.

Sue, WELCOME BACK!  Our DMV has an online check in system and you don't have to sit there all day.

Hi HCK.

Diane, glad you are coming home today.  I'm sure the pooches and DH are glad you're on your way.

Cathy, I'm sorry about DD.  A tower to climb?  Eek.

Sandy, great 16.  Glad to share in the heat/humidity.  I'm OVER it here.

Went out for 5 miles this morning.  Kinda failed Wed/Thurs.  Hoping to get up early Sat and get 3 in before work to make up a couple of miles.  .  Doubtful, but maybe.

Debating on whether or not I will go to the race on the 18th.  It is the midday race.  I am signed up for the 30K.  It is a 10K loop.  If I think I can do 2 loops I might go, but I am not driving 2 1/2 hours for a 10K.

I don't think I have anything else of interest.  This work schedule is strange.  Nothing to do till 4pm is actually quite dull.

K

Kettle Moraine - June 2024

Beast of Burden - August 2024

Hennepin Hundred - Oct 2024

Javelina Jundred - Oct 2024

Kilmisters

Phew, I survived this week. Only smallll part of budget process is left (at least I hope so). This, combined w major report needed for Competition Council regarding a merger (which was, of course, urgent and had to be done ASAP), killed me. So, I skipped two runs this week. One after sleeping 3hrs and today because I just couldn't get myself out the damn door for speed workout. With 6 weeks left till HM, this might not be the worst timing for a little break, but still, hoping this is the last ''moment of weakness''. Smile Seriously thing whether running for PB (no pun intended) is what I want anymore, not talking about this race, but in general.

Off to grab garlic beer. Yes, there is such thing. And it's awesome.

''What will happen if I run up the hills? Ah, volcano muscle soreness!!'' (c) Margaret

''Who needs quads anyway!?'' (c) Damaris

ginnyb

I have been off work yesterday and today!  I think I work harder when I’m home.  Getting hot and sticky today.  I ran 4 miles yesterday and then upper body with trainer, full body with hroup this morning.  He pushed us hard.  I just took younger GD to work out with him, just waiting for her to be done.  Then taking her to volleyball.  She will be going into 7th grade and this week they have had tryouts, hope she makes the team.

• liz,nice miles this morning even though it was so humid.  Hope your weird vibe about today didn’t pan out,  I have no idea why the print just got so small!  I don’t like typing on my phone, I must have hit something wrong!

im just going to say hi to everyone, sorry about short post

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Quick check in, I have not read most of the week's posts. But reporting that I am back home and trying to catch up. Some running but most of the mileage this week involved a vehicle.

Lizziebeerunning

Cupcake Connoisseur

I am ready for a nap! I had to go downtown for lunch to get my brothers beer requests . Stopping by the grocery on the way home to get some dinner then gotta pickup my Rugey Roo from daycare Smile After THAT its nap time Smile

Susan – Oh boy. Hope the social security office didn’t take too long!

Run4kupcakes – Oh crap. I totally forgot you would have to change bank and all of that!! This sounds like a task. LOL.

Diane – Speedwork usually depends on my MPW. This week I was supposed to have 3..but I only did 1. Next week, when my miles inch up a bit, I will have 2. And then big mileage weeks I only have 1. For the most part it is usually 2 days a week. Have a safe trip home!

Cathy – Ugh, you reminded me that I will probably have to do strength training on Sunday..since I am doing a food tasting the night I usually do strength Smile I bet you are ready for a little change! I don’t think I would be looking forward to hills. Haha. Aren’t you running with DD tomorrow??? Tower climb?! EW. Why must jobs want us to be better?! LOL. I probably wouldn’t bitch about it if I liked my job. Wink If we were honest about our goals, we may not have jobs. LOL. How is older DD feeling?? Good luck tomorrow!!!

Sandy – WOOHOOO Nice run this morning!!! Aren’t you glad that is done and over with Smile Nice job! I was pretty drippy myself this morning (that’s what she said?) Lucky you with your WFH. I am going to be like Karen and ignore your dreamy weather. I do have some little “cut back” weeks inbetween now and then..but not like this week! That ice cream is always stocked! Haha. Lets see this weekend…NOTHING. We have nothing and we are going to milk every minute of it. I actually asked my wedding planner to check and see if the other florist was available this weekend…haven’t heard anything yet, though. The next couple weeks will be busy again..so we are going to enjoy doing nothing. Sorry, but I LOL’d at your “sleepy co-worker has been sleeping all week”. LOL. Hang in there!!! Maybe have an avocado ? Wink

Kathryn – Nice miles for you this morning! I would shoot for the 2 loops!! Smile Laughing about the cat and the tree!

Kilmisters – It is totally okay to take a little break! It doesn’t necessarily mean that you won’t have a PB in 6 weeks!! You needed the rest this week. You will probably go back stronger than ever next week Smile Don’t give up hope yet!! Glad your week is over. Uh, that is interesting about the garlic beer. I don’t think I would even try it. Haha.

Ginny – Nice workout this morning!! Was this younger GD’s first time working out with him? I hope she makes the team! Let us know! Enjoy the rest of your day off!

Tessa – I am sure you are happy to be home!!!

Have a great afternoon!

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Been busy today, my day off.  Went to get my breasts squished and they wanted to also do a sonogram because my breasts are dense.  yeah, whatever.  BTDT.  Went to Pilates with hubby and now I'm waiting for lunch to go away so I can run 8.

I also do not appreciate my former mentor calling me 4 times yesterday and twice today because he wants to know about my new cases.  They are big, yes, but unfortunately, they are mine.  Leave them alone.

Margaret, I find my migraines are getting worse and maybe more often now than 5 years ago, though.

Liz, nice LR.

Susan, I had to change my name at the SS when I got married and it wasn't too bad (I was in Hawaii, though, where we lived).  Good luck!

Diane, yay to heading home early.

Cathy, enjoy the rest day and the next phase of workouts.

Sandy, nice run!

Kat, I had a bird dive bomb a cat here (she has since passed) and I felt bad for Friday (the cat) but laughed all throughout. Something tells me Friday might have killed the bird's partner, friend, or baby and she was not having it.

Elina, yay for Friday!  Love the picture.

Ginny, I for sure work harder when I'm home.  But for work, not for household things which I don't do, lol.

Tessa, glad you are back home.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

5 super easy miles for me. Meeting the other running coach early tomorrow morning to run a few miles without having to worry about our flock before running with the new baby runners.

Quick post and go from me, just wanted to share the news. Riley is getting a little brother. I guess it will actually be his nephew, the puppy daddy has the same dad as Riley. We're third choice (out of 5) for males. What have we done.

One week old today. Picture at 5 days:

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel