Womens Running

Merry Monday Daily Over 40 But Not Necessarily Thread (Read 669 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Blush Post. Big grin

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thanksgiving was spent in the kitchen but happily. I served a salmon soufflé and the dreaded green bean casserole which DS adores.

Friday DS returned to VA so I laced up and did a Memorial Run dedicated to Karnel. The weather was in the low 50’s and great for running. I did 75 minutes out on the trail and in the park.

Saturday was SDO.

Sunday I did 60 minutes on the inside track. It was quite busy with people working off the Thanksgiving dinner.

Today will be a quick grocery stop for salad ingredients before going to the track.

Happy runs, All! Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

I didn't run again this weekend.  Got really caught up with the decorating and I am almost done!  I will go tomorrow morning I promise!  Darn winter!  

Sounds like runners world is not doing well, huh?  Wonder why they can't control the spam?  Maybe they don't care as much as we do.

Not looking forward to work this morning.  A lot of changes again and with the 5 days off it really makes it hard.  Why can't we all be independently wealthy?

Going with Lisa and Susan today to Karnel's calling hours.  Not looking forward to it , as you all can imagine,  will be nice to see Lisa and Susan though.  All so sad....still hard to believe.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning Judy and Ginny. No RW really doesn't care that much. Over 200 people left the BF this weekend. I think people hope it gets back to normal but unless they get new software I don't see how it can. Off to run.

Marjorie

Good morning ladies!

Judy, sounds like you had a busy holiday weekend.  Enjoy your Monday and time at the track.

Ginny, ugh I wish I was independently wealthy too.  I’m not feeling like heading into work at all.  So sorry about your loss. 

Marjorie, wow I can’t believe over 200 people left the BF.  I’m from the BF and I knew it was a lot but boy that’s a lot.  Enjoy the run!

AFM- Mondays are my SRDs so no running but I’ll be doing weights and yoga after work.  I woke up feeling a million times better today so I’m hoping it sticks.  Happy Monday everyone. 

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

Good morning, early birds!  

There is NO more left over turkey in my fridge.  DH absolutely loves a low carb turkey casserole that I invented with my zero carb noodles.   So, last night I made up a bunch of single serve casseroles and they're in the freezer for him to eat any time he wants!  (I love a happy hubby!)

Tessa... I made it over here!  Good to see that you did too!

Judy... you started the thread at oh-dark-thrity.  Ahhh... life seems normal again Smile  I like green bean casserole too!  It's a fav on ANY holiday with my family.  I think the college I teach at has an indoor track.  I'm going to have to check that out.  I think I would like it way better than the DM.

Ginny...  the whole spam thing is interesting to me.  I think their explanation would be that it was a holiday weekend and they sent their staff home to "be with their families."   My thoughts on that would be: You don't do a MAJOR upgrade and cross your fingers that the bugs get worked out before a long holiday weekend.  I'm hoping that their advertisers get word of the mass defections. 

G'morning Marjorie.  Enjoy the run.  

I'm planning to do my run at lunch time.  Haven't decided what to do. I may just get out there and trot until I don't want to any more.  After doing two races at quicker than usual paces, my body may appreciate the breather. 

Have a wonderful day all!  

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa they know about the spam. S*S has basically said they don't have great admin tools to fix it. Most the group have gotten messages or emails. I was going to wade through to some older posts to let Carolyn and Lianne know. Neat thing if you tap on reports over on the left you can see all who are members. I'm also watching to see if a normal daily shows up on wf on rw to invite thme here.

Eric is super nice (the owner) and very welcoming. Plus it is spam free over here and he works to keep it that way. S*S was on this weekend on bf on rw and said they just can't do much.

Julie this is not the first time with the spam. This spiring it was worse and they had to shut the forums down several times to clean it up. This time I think they lost some of their most frequent posters. NRR group is also working their way over. Most of bf left.

Marjorie

RunningSister

Favorite Sister of All!

Marjorie--I just hope the spam doesn't find it's way here!! It was just so annoying and I really didn't have time to wade thru it all!  I was able to keep an eye on a lot of the Over-40 crew on FB but I am only on there sporadically--mostly when I am traveling or on vacation which will be less and less these days!

Judy--Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving despite the green bean casserole.  Nice run in Karnel's honor.  Have a great run today!

Ginny--I haven't even thought about decorating yet so kudos to you!!  It is very nice that you are going to Karnel's calling hours and I can't even imagine how much her family, especially Bill, will appreciate it.  I am keeping her and her family in my thoughts and prayers.  Safe travels.

steph--enjoy the SRD!! 

Planning an easy 5 miles today unless my car can go in for service today instead of Thursday.  The weather has finally been perfect for running. We are short at work these days so I will be putting in a lot more hours--I will have mornings free but that means I'll be getting home later!

Had a great time in Philadelphia with my brothers the weekend before Thanksgiving.  We all ran the marathon which is the first marathon for my DB#2 and therefore the first marathon we have all run together(well, they all were well ahead of me)!  One of my (much younger) co-workers also joined us and this was her first marathon as well.  She did great and DB#2 said he wants to run another one

Then DB#3 got married this past weekend at the beach--it was a small wedding and just perfect weather.  We had a great time!

Now back to reality!

Will check back later.  Have a great dayCool

Julia

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Keep Running! Cross the finish line! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Good morning, all.

Just got back from a very nice but slow 3.79 miles. 

Those of you going to the service for Karnel today, please express our deepest sympathy. We are all like sisters here.

Cindy (runslikeagirl) -- do you think I should register for Tar Heel 10 now? Does it sell out fast? I was hoping to wait till after the first of the year to make sure nothing hurts, you know?

greeting to everyone else, have a great day!!

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

mommymac

I think I missed something big; what happened to Karnel?!

Carolyn

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Carolyn Karnel died unexpectedly last week. She had a virus or so she thought and did the doc. No word on the autopsy yet.

Marjorie

mommymac

How sad about Karnel; I guess this is a day we should all hug our loved ones a little tighter.

This forum seems like a great alternative to RW but I am having trouble getting my avatar posted. I see no "post photo" options. Any ideas?

Carolyn 

RunningSister

Favorite Sister of All!

Julie D--Sorry I missed you in my post this am!  Hope you have a nice lunchtime run--I like those runs with no agenda--like a breath of fresh air when you have been racing and training a lot!  The turkey casserole sounds delicious!  WTG on getting all the turkey outta the fridge!

Amy--Nice job on the run!  You are really running strong!!

Carolyn--Very sad news about Karnel--Impossible to graspCry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Keep Running! Cross the finish line! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

camille2

Good morning!

Had a good and busy weekend. 8 on Sat, a slow hike yesterday and 5.5 hilly ones this am.  Had another Thanksgiving yesterday with late hubby's family-good to see them.  We're doing a family streak challenge of a mile/day or 15 min/day until xmas.  Maybe will help a bit in the weight gain dept.

Ginny, Lisa and Susan, I really appreciate all of you going to Karnel's visitation but sure  don't envy you. I know Bill will be grateful.  Would  one of you post the funeral home link?  It was buried in the spam.

Julie, there's an interesting 5k now posted for the weekend you're here but it's even further away from us, esp you.  The Brasstown Bald Buster..."just one hill." Check out active link:  http://www.active.com/running/blairsville-ga/brasstown-bald-buster-5k-2012   It starts late so possible to drive up, but would prob defeat the purpose of you visiting family unless they want to go to Helen for a day.  I'm thinking I'll do it  but know I'll  have to walk it. If it's icy, I'll scratch, since it's not worth injury.  Otherwise, if you're still in town on 17th, DD is flying in that evening and maybe we could meet for coffee.

Julia, congrats on gaining new family member!  Also, congrats on the marathon.  It's so much fun to do races with family.

Hi to everyone else!

runlikeagirl18

Good morning ladies-

I've managed to figure out how to post from my laptop - yay! I ran 6 easy miles this morning. My half is Saturday, so I'm taking it pretty easy this week. I'll do another easy run Wednesday and that will be it for the week.

Tessa - yay, you found us! I sent a FB message to AmyDel and Crazysue that they could find us here. The other 2 Susans have already found us. I'm impressed with your 21 on Saturday! Do you have any races coming up? One nice thing about this site - we can do sig lines again, so it will be easier to keep up with others' racing schedules!

Ginny - you're way ahead of me in the decorating department - all I've done is get my wreaths up. My thoughts will be with you guys today.

Judy - sounds like you had a nice holiday.

Steph - glad you're feeling better!

Julie - an easy run is a good idea after racing! How are you doing with the cold-weather running?

Marjorie - what do you have on tap for today's run?

Julia - nice that you finally have some cooler running weather.

Amy - I went ahead and registered because the alumni discount expires at the end of the month. I think the next price bump isn't until February 15, so you're probably ok to wait a bit.

Carolyn - for your avatar, click on options up in the right corner, then click on My Forum Preferences. You can add your pic there.

Camille - ice is the one thing I won't run on! Good luck with the streak.

I'm off to do some work and some cyber-Monday online shopping. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2